PDA

View Full Version : mitactin mange treatment

Jim Yanik
June 22nd 07, 11:30 PM
Has anyone used mitactin for treating cat mange with success?
A small female cat adopted me and now it's got mange,lost most of it's
belly fur and now it's starting on the hind legs.I'm unemployed and can't
afford a vet.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Wendy
June 23rd 07, 11:59 AM
Are you sure it's mange and not ringworm?

"Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
> Has anyone used mitactin for treating cat mange with success?
> A small female cat adopted me and now it's got mange,lost most of it's
> belly fur and now it's starting on the hind legs.I'm unemployed and can't
> afford a vet.
>
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

Jim Yanik
June 23rd 07, 02:23 PM
"Wendy" > wrote in
:

> Are you sure it's mange and not ringworm?
>

> "Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
>> Has anyone used mitactin for treating cat mange with success?
>> A small female cat adopted me and now it's got mange,lost most of
>> it's belly fur and now it's starting on the hind legs.I'm unemployed
>> and can't afford a vet.
>>
>> --
>> Jim Yanik
>> jyanik
>> at
>> kua.net

the symptoms seem to be what the vet websites say is mange.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Lynne
June 23rd 07, 04:10 PM
on Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:23:14 GMT, Jim Yanik > wrote:

> the symptoms seem to be what the vet websites say is mange.

There are 2 different types of mange with 2 different treatments. The cat
needs to see a vet for the proper diagnosis and medication. It might not
even be mange.

Check with your local Humane Society and see if they have a low cost
clinic. You might also want to check with local cat rescues and see if
they can help you. At any rate, you are going to have to find a way to get
this cat treated. Please don't guess and experiment.

--
Lynne