PDA

View Full Version : kittens teeth

trobinson
June 23rd 07, 02:46 AM
my kitten, Tigger, is about 5 months old and this morning one of his
teeth fell out when i was playing with him!! is this suppose to
happen?? is it normal?? please help me!!??

cybercat
June 23rd 07, 03:11 AM
"trobinson" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> my kitten, Tigger, is about 5 months old and this morning one of his
> teeth fell out when i was playing with him!! is this suppose to
> happen?? is it normal?? please help me!!??

My goodness! You must be so confused!! I consulted my Crystal Ball, threw a
Tarot Spread, and did a 3-hour Google search and found this out for you:

Your cat's teeth need medical attention, take her to the vet.

Jesus.

cybercat
June 23rd 07, 03:12 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "trobinson" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> my kitten, Tigger, is about 5 months old and this morning one of his
>> teeth fell out when i was playing with him!! is this suppose to
>> happen?? is it normal?? please help me!!??
>>

> My goodness! You must be so confused!! I consulted my Crystal Ball, threw
> a Tarot Spread, and did a 3-hour Google search and found this out for you:
>
> Your cat's teeth need medical attention, take her to the vet.

Him. Take him to the vet. Has he even BEEN to the vet?

Wendy
June 23rd 07, 03:18 AM
At around 5 mos. they shed their baby canine teeth.
http://cathelp-online.com/health/kitten3.php

If that was the tooth that the cat lost then it's quite normal at this age.
If it's not a baby tooth being shed then a trip to the vet is in order.

Wendy

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "trobinson" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> my kitten, Tigger, is about 5 months old and this morning one of his
>> teeth fell out when i was playing with him!! is this suppose to
>> happen?? is it normal?? please help me!!??
>>

> My goodness! You must be so confused!! I consulted my Crystal Ball, threw
> a Tarot Spread, and did a 3-hour Google search and found this out for you:
>
> Your cat's teeth need medical attention, take her to the vet.
>
> Jesus.

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
June 23rd 07, 05:04 AM
trobinson wrote:
> my kitten, Tigger, is about 5 months old and this morning one of his
> teeth fell out when i was playing with him!! is this suppose to
> happen?? is it normal?? please help me!!??

It is normal. There's no need for a vet visit unless he's never been.
While you're at it, take cybercat to the vet. She's rabid.

Lynne
June 23rd 07, 04:13 PM
on Sat, 23 Jun 2007 02:18:21 GMT, "Wendy" > wrote:

> At around 5 mos. they shed their baby canine teeth.
> http://cathelp-online.com/health/kitten3.php
>
> If that was the tooth that the cat lost then it's quite normal at this
> age. If it's not a baby tooth being shed then a trip to the vet is in
> order.

That's my first thought, baby teeth. If the tooth has no root, it's a baby
tooth and it's normal (and cute!). If the tooth has gum tissue attached to
it or appears to have a root, get the cat to a vet pronto.

--
Lynne

cybercat
June 23rd 07, 06:51 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Sat, 23 Jun 2007 02:18:21 GMT, "Wendy" > wrote:
>
>> At around 5 mos. they shed their baby canine teeth.
>> http://cathelp-online.com/health/kitten3.php
>>
>> If that was the tooth that the cat lost then it's quite normal at this
>> age. If it's not a baby tooth being shed then a trip to the vet is in
>> order.
>
> That's my first thought, baby teeth. If the tooth has no root, it's a
> baby
> tooth and it's normal (and cute!). If the tooth has gum tissue attached
> it or appears to have a root, get the cat to a vet pronto.

I thought the link Wendy put up was great.

Nevertheless, I don't understand why anyone has an animal that has lost a
tooth, an eye, can't walk, etc. and decides to POST TO USENET FIRST.

I would have taken him to the vet just in case.

cybercat
June 23rd 07, 06:52 PM
. ..

I am indeed, Fred, I am indeed. You scrofulous old bag of ****, you.