PDA

View Full Version : Taurine for humans

Barry
June 24th 07, 08:10 PM
What is that? I saw a sign at the mall or somewhere.
it said, taurine for humans

I passed on by, I was on a mission for new pc ram

Just when you thought it was safe to eat humans, you find out their
low in taurine
damn!

June 24th 07, 10:25 PM
In article om>,
says...
> What is that? I saw a sign at the mall or somewhere.
> it said, taurine for humans
>
> I passed on by, I was on a mission for new pc ram
>
> Just when you thought it was safe to eat humans, you find out their
> low in taurine
> damn!

Actually I recall reading that we can synthesize taurine, while cats
cannot synthesize it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=3770243&dopt=Abstract

bookie
June 25th 07, 01:55 AM
On 24 Jun, 20:10, Barry > wrote:
> What is that? I saw a sign at the mall or somewhere.
> it said, taurine for humans
>
> I passed on by, I was on a mission for new pc ram
>
> Just when you thought it was safe to eat humans, you find out their
> low in taurine
> damn!

similar to caffeine I think in chemical structure and effect on human
central nervous system ie it is a stimulant and 'wakes you up' so you
are more alert, sharpens up your reactions. I once read a research
paper on the effects of taurine on some reaction time (response time)
task in a psychology journal and it did have a small effect on
speeding up RT