PDA

View Full Version : what do you say to your cats?

Lynne
June 25th 07, 12:15 AM
Levi is my sweet little lap cat. He'll cry for attention if I'm standing
and haven't noticed him, and of course he always gets it (yes, he still
suckles, too).

So I was holding him and petting him and he was rolling around in my lap
and purring. I told him how he was the sweetest cat I've ever known and I
don't know what I would do without him, that I never want to find out.
Then I told him, "I wouldn't sell you for a million dollars. Someone could
knock on this door with a wheelbarrow full of tax-free money, offering to
buy you, and I wouldn't take it."

I swear I heard Rudy say "dumbass" under his breath.

--
Lynne

MaryL
June 25th 07, 02:13 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> Levi is my sweet little lap cat. He'll cry for attention if I'm standing
> and haven't noticed him, and of course he always gets it (yes, he still
> suckles, too).
>
> So I was holding him and petting him and he was rolling around in my lap
> and purring. I told him how he was the sweetest cat I've ever known and I
> don't know what I would do without him, that I never want to find out.
> Then I told him, "I wouldn't sell you for a million dollars. Someone
> could
> knock on this door with a wheelbarrow full of tax-free money, offering to
> buy you, and I wouldn't take it."
>
> I swear I heard Rudy say "dumbass" under his breath.
>
> --
> Lynne

Well, that sounds like some of my conversations. I tell Holly she is "the
best girl cat in the world," and I tell Duffy he is "the best boy cat in the
world" (so I guess it's good that I only have the two of them). I tell them
how sweet they are, how wonderul they are, how lucky I am that they came
into my life, etc.

I will only worry about my sanity if they start answering me in English
instead of with purrs and little chirpy-sounds.

MaryL

jmc
June 25th 07, 11:48 AM
Suddenly, without warning, MaryL exclaimed (6/25/2007 10:43 AM):

> I will only worry about my sanity if they start answering me in English
> instead of with purrs and little chirpy-sounds.
>
> MaryL

I'm already worrying. Meep came over to bug me the other day, and as I
usually do, I said, "What? What do you want?". I kid you not, I think
she kept trying to say "What?" back. Or maybe I just have an overactive
imagination :)

(I did watch those videos of talking cats not too long ago)

jmc

sheelagh
June 26th 07, 01:31 PM
On 25 Jun, 00:15, Lynne > wrote:
> Levi is my sweet little lap cat. He'll cry for attention if I'm standing
> and haven't noticed him, and of course he always gets it (yes, he still
> suckles, too).
>
> So I was holding him and petting him and he was rolling around in my lap
> and purring. I told him how he was the sweetest cat I've ever known and I
> don't know what I would do without him, that I never want to find out.
> Then I told him, "I wouldn't sell you for a million dollars. Someone could
> knock on this door with a wheelbarrow full of tax-free money, offering to
> buy you, and I wouldn't take it."
>
> I swear I heard Rudy say "dumbass" under his breath.
>
> --
> Lynne

> So I was holding him and petting him and he was rolling around in my lap
> and purring. I told him how he was the sweetest cat I've ever known and I
> don't know what I would do without him, that I never want to find out.
> Then I told him, "I wouldn't sell you for a million dollars. Someone could
> knock on this door with a wheelbarrow full of tax-free money, offering to
> buy you, and I wouldn't take it."

Same here, but I have to whisper in their ear, for fear that the
others might over hear the same conversation I just had with them.
Remember, I have to say it @ least 7 x a per day,But, if you tell them
to keep your secret, they do....

And just the same, As I walked away from Ringo, I'm certain I
heard.....

"PUSH OVER OR WHAT"?
<Yawn & Stretch>
Lol;o)
Sheelagh

Johann Gambolputty-de-von-Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crass-cren-bon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-don
June 28th 07, 07:18 AM
On Jun 26, 8:31 am, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 25 Jun, 00:15, Lynne > wrote:
>

> > Levi is my sweet little lap cat. He'll cry for attention if I'm standing
> > and haven't noticed him, and of course he always gets it (yes, he still
> > suckles, too).
>
> > So I was holding him and petting him and he was rolling around in my lap
> > and purring. I told him how he was the sweetest cat I've ever known and I
> > don't know what I would do without him, that I never want to find out.
> > Then I told him, "I wouldn't sell you for a million dollars. Someone could
> > knock on this door with a wheelbarrow full of tax-free money, offering to
> > buy you, and I wouldn't take it."
>
> > I swear I heard Rudy say "dumbass" under his breath.
>
> > --
> > Lynne
> > So I was holding him and petting him and he was rolling around in my lap
> > and purring. I told him how he was the sweetest cat I've ever known and I
> > don't know what I would do without him, that I never want to find out.
> > Then I told him, "I wouldn't sell you for a million dollars. Someone could
> > knock on this door with a wheelbarrow full of tax-free money, offering to
> > buy you, and I wouldn't take it."
>
> Same here, but I have to whisper in their ear, for fear that the
> others might over hear the same conversation I just had with them.
> Remember, I have to say it @ least 7 x a per day,But, if you tell them
> to keep your secret, they do....
>
> And just the same, As I walked away from Ringo, I'm certain I
> heard.....
>
> "PUSH OVER OR WHAT"?
> <Yawn & Stretch>
> Lol;o)