PDA

View Full Version : Got a Vet Appointment!

CatNipped[_2_]
June 25th 07, 04:32 PM
Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy all
have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have diarrhea, they
all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have several varieties of
parasites. They probably won't get their vaccinations today since they're
all sick - so there will probably be lots of check-up visits after this one.

Please purr for a sack of money to fall on my head some time today!??!! ;>

Seriously, though, purrs, purr-ayers and good thoughts for them to all get
well quickly would be greatly appreciated.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

cybercat
June 25th 07, 04:53 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy
> all have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have
> diarrhea, they all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have
> several varieties of parasites.

How can the shelter release them this way? This is a huge burden for you.

CatNipped[_2_]
June 25th 07, 05:04 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy
>> all have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have
>> diarrhea, they all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have
>> several varieties of parasites.
>
> How can the shelter release them this way? This is a huge burden for you.

It's not a public shelter - it's a no-kill rescue group. They have almost
no resources - their only cage space is in the middle of PetsMart (which
donates the cages space only - no other food, medicine, or supplies). When
the cats are not at PetsMart they are being fostered by volunteers (some of
the volunteers have as many as 30 at a time). They rely on volunteers to
take care of the cats and rely on donations to buy food, medicine, and
supplies.

At this time of year (kitten season) they are simply overwhelmed. They only
charged me $100 for all three cats (their normal charge is $85 per cat but,
again, at this time of year they're so happy to just find a home for a cat
that they were making deals). That $100 wouldn't even pay for the
spaying/neutering I'd have to get, so I really don't feel cheated.

I knew what I was getting into before I ever agreed to take them (every cat
there had the sneezes/sniffles/runny eyes). As contagious as URIs are, and
as packed in and overcrowded as the cats were, it would be a miracle if any
of the cats *DIDN'T* share bugs and viruses (virii??).

Ben and I will just tighten our belts and eat the cost - they will be *SO*
worth it in the long run! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Spot
June 25th 07, 09:24 PM
Make sure you ask for a multi cat discount for bringing them all in at once.
Every little bit helps.

Celeste

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy
> all have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have
> diarrhea, they all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have
> several varieties of parasites. They probably won't get their
> vaccinations today since they're all sick - so there will probably be lots
> of check-up visits after this one.
>
> Please purr for a sack of money to fall on my head some time today!??!!
> ;>
>
> Seriously, though, purrs, purr-ayers and good thoughts for them to all get
> well quickly would be greatly appreciated.
>

> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

sheelagh
June 26th 07, 01:33 PM
On 25 Jun, 16:32, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy all
> have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have diarrhea, they
> all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have several varieties of
> parasites. They probably won't get their vaccinations today since they're
> all sick - so there will probably be lots of check-up visits after this one.
>
> Please purr for a sack of money to fall on my head some time today!??!! ;>
>
> Seriously, though, purrs, purr-ayers and good thoughts for them to all get
> well quickly would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters here:http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/