PDA

View Full Version : stupid cat don't appreciate AC

James
June 27th 07, 04:33 AM
My pussy insists on going out and staying in the swampy weather.

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
June 27th 07, 06:44 AM
James wrote:
> My pussy insists on going out and staying in the swampy weather.

Stupid human doesn't appreciate that this is summer.

Where do you live?

What is "swampy weather"?

Strangest weather complaint was from people living in a desert (Arizona)
complaining about how humid it was. It may have hit 25% humidity at
some point. Oh no, we're all gonna die! It's sooo humid!

dgk
June 27th 07, 01:36 PM
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:33:23 -0700, James >
wrote:

>My pussy insists on going out and staying in the swampy weather.

The previous owners of my house had thick carpeting all over, and the
doors were shortened a half inch or so to accomodate it. So, all the
doors have a gap under them since I removed the carpeting and have
wood floors.

I usually only use AC in the bedroom at night, and the cats will lie
in the hallway outside the door where the AC seeps under. But they
clearly prefer the heat rather than the AC and just like the AC as a
breeze wafting under the door.

They're very weird creatures. I think that maybe they don't like the
lowered humidity more than not liking the cool air. It isn't like the
air is cold, I keep it around 77 (F).

bobblespin[_2_]
June 27th 07, 01:40 PM
James > wrote in news:1182915203.214816.69380
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> My pussy insists on going out and staying in the swampy weather.

Mine loves the heat and humidity (it's 40C/104F with the humidex here these
days), and when we bring him in at suppertime, he'll ask to go into the
garage to sleep instead of in the cool house.

Bobble

--
Have you hugged your cat today?

Sonny's web page --> http://web.ncf.ca/ai151/index2.html

James
June 27th 07, 05:29 PM
On Jun 27, 8:40 am, bobblespin > wrote:
> James > wrote in news:1182915203.214816.69380
> @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
>
> > My pussy insists on going out and staying in the swampy weather.
>
> Mine loves the heat and humidity (it's 40C/104F with the humidex here these
> days), and when we bring him in at suppertime, he'll ask to go into the
> garage to sleep instead of in the cool house.
>
> Bobble
>
> --
> Have you hugged your cat today?
>
> Sonny's web page -->http://web.ncf.ca/ai151/index2.html

It's only the mid 90's and very muggy.

It's good to know cats love heat. My rabbits on the other hand can
get heat stoke with anything warmer than 80's. I have to make sure
they have lots of shade and cool ground to rest on.

My pussy loves the cold too as long as it's outdoors. She zips out to
the snow too. If it drops to the 20's or less I have no problem
getting her to sleep with me. In the summer she doesn't always come
in at night.