PDA

View Full Version : New Arrivals Update

CatNipped[_2_]
June 28th 07, 01:31 PM
We moved Tayla upstairs into Ben's office last night, both so she wouldn't
be quite so isolated and lonely (my office is an extra room off the garage),
to let her sounds and smells mingle with the "upstairs" cats, Demi and
Jessie, and to give Sammy (who is traumatized by sounds and smells of the
new additions to the point that she's making herself throw up*) some
breathing space (so now she has the whole downstairs to herself).

Archer and Ozzy are still having bad diarrhea, but are eating very well and
drinking plenty of water, so it's probably still just the coccidia causing
it. They have plenty of Albon left in their bottle, so I'm just going to
keep giving it to them until the their stools firm up. Their URIs appear to
be *much* better - I don't hear any more sneezing, their eyes and noses look
clear, and Ozzy has quit hacking. I'll continue to give them their
Clavamox, of course, along with their nose drops.

Tayla still has quite a bit of her URI although her eyes look clearer and
she's not sneezing quite as much - she still get's to wheezing after a few
minutes of play, though. She too will continue to get her Clavamox until
it's used up. All three are getting L-Lysine with their canned food twice a
day.

*She's OK, she is just being a spoiled brat right now in spite of all the
extra attention, treats, pettin's, cojoling and loving I've been giving her.
I'm watching her closely and she is able to keep most of what she eats down
and drinks enough to keep herself hydrated. The vomitus is mostly
undigested dry food that she's scoffed down (she's a stress eater like
me!!).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

cybercat
June 28th 07, 02:16 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> We moved Tayla upstairs into Ben's office last night, both so she wouldn't
> be quite so isolated and lonely (my office is an extra room off the
> garage), to let her sounds and smells mingle with the "upstairs" cats,
> Demi and Jessie, and to give Sammy (who is traumatized by sounds and
> smells of the new additions to the point that she's making herself throw
> up*) some breathing space (so now she has the whole downstairs to
> herself).

[...]

I'm glad to hear they're doing well. I looked at the pictures again and
Tayla really is a little beauty. I want to pick her up and give her a kiss.
Good job, CN. (Is that a Dirt Devil in one of the pictures? I like that
vacuum.)

Wendy
June 28th 07, 02:19 PM
If the kittens are still on Clavamox that might be contributing to the
diarrhea problem.

Wendy

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> We moved Tayla upstairs into Ben's office last night, both so she wouldn't
> be quite so isolated and lonely (my office is an extra room off the
> garage), to let her sounds and smells mingle with the "upstairs" cats,
> Demi and Jessie, and to give Sammy (who is traumatized by sounds and
> smells of the new additions to the point that she's making herself throw
> up*) some breathing space (so now she has the whole downstairs to
> herself).
>
> Archer and Ozzy are still having bad diarrhea, but are eating very well
> and drinking plenty of water, so it's probably still just the coccidia
> causing it. They have plenty of Albon left in their bottle, so I'm just
> going to keep giving it to them until the their stools firm up. Their
> URIs appear to be *much* better - I don't hear any more sneezing, their
> eyes and noses look clear, and Ozzy has quit hacking. I'll continue to
> give them their Clavamox, of course, along with their nose drops.
>
> Tayla still has quite a bit of her URI although her eyes look clearer and
> she's not sneezing quite as much - she still get's to wheezing after a few
> minutes of play, though. She too will continue to get her Clavamox until
> it's used up. All three are getting L-Lysine with their canned food twice
> a day.
>
> *She's OK, she is just being a spoiled brat right now in spite of all the
> extra attention, treats, pettin's, cojoling and loving I've been giving
> her. I'm watching her closely and she is able to keep most of what she
> eats down and drinks enough to keep herself hydrated. The vomitus is
> mostly undigested dry food that she's scoffed down (she's a stress eater
> like me!!).
>

> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

CatNipped[_2_]
June 28th 07, 03:03 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> We moved Tayla upstairs into Ben's office last night, both so she
>> wouldn't be quite so isolated and lonely (my office is an extra room off
>> the garage), to let her sounds and smells mingle with the "upstairs"
>> cats, Demi and Jessie, and to give Sammy (who is traumatized by sounds
>> and smells of the new additions to the point that she's making herself
>> throw up*) some breathing space (so now she has the whole downstairs to
>> herself).
>
> [...]
>
> I'm glad to hear they're doing well. I looked at the pictures again and
> Tayla really is a little beauty. I want to pick her up and give her a
> kiss.
> Good job, CN. (Is that a Dirt Devil in one of the pictures? I like that
> vacuum.)

I don't know what brand it is, I never use it - that's DH's job! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
June 28th 07, 03:11 PM
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..
> If the kittens are still on Clavamox that might be contributing to the
> diarrhea problem.

I just looked up Albon on the internet and I'm in a panic!!! I have been
giving them too much (I am *SO* stupid)!!! I was supposed to give them 2cc
the first day then 1cc *ONCE* a day thereafter, and I gave them 1cc *TWICE*
a day Tuesday and Wednesday. Then I looked it up and found this about
Albon:

"Side effects when using Albon may include dry eyes, fever, joint
inflammation, diarrhea, kidney damage and allergic reaction characterized by
facial swelling and hives. Cats that are allergic to sulfa drugs or cats
with kidney or liver disease shouldn't take this medicine. In the rare event
that your cat receives an overdose of Albon, the symptoms would include
vomiting, diarrhea or hyperexcitability; if you see any of these symptoms
you should call your vet or take your cat to a veterinary emergency room
right away."

They haven't been vomiting, but I thought the diarrhea was caused by the
coccidia, not the Albon!

Does anyone know what I should do about this? Any counter agent I should
give them? I'm calling the vet right this minute, but would like other
opinions too. Where's Phil - I didn't hear from him when I emailed him?!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped