PDA

View Full Version : normal litterbox behavior?

jmc
July 1st 07, 09:52 PM
For most of her life, Meep has not had "normal" litterbox behaviour.
She'd poop only once every other day, and pee maybe once a day.

It's taken a while, but with management changes, water sources that she
approves of, and some supplements, I finally got her leaving "deposits"
once a day, a while ago.

Now, instead of one gigantic pee once a day, she's going three times a
night, but still rarely during the day. Is this normal, or are we swung
too much in the other direction?

Thanks for any info.

jmc

cybercat
July 1st 07, 09:54 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> For most of her life, Meep has not had "normal" litterbox behaviour. She'd
> poop only once every other day, and pee maybe once a day.
>
> It's taken a while, but with management changes, water sources that she
> approves of, and some supplements, I finally got her leaving "deposits"
> once a day, a while ago.
>
> Now, instead of one gigantic pee once a day, she's going three times a
> night, but still rarely during the day. Is this normal, or are we swung
> too much in the other direction?
>
> Thanks for any info.

You keep such a good eye on her!

Meep is a spoiled rotten, very lucky girl. I think as long as she is peeing
and pooping regularly she is fine.

Buddy's Mom
July 1st 07, 10:52 PM
Three times is fine - but if she starts going into the litter often
and maybe only leaving a drop - take her to the vet for a bladder
infection. She may be aging and not able to hold it like she did when
she was a kid!

dgk
July 2nd 07, 02:38 PM
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 06:22:15 +0930, jmc
> wrote:

>For most of her life, Meep has not had "normal" litterbox behaviour.
>She'd poop only once every other day, and pee maybe once a day.
>
>It's taken a while, but with management changes, water sources that she
>approves of, and some supplements, I finally got her leaving "deposits"
>once a day, a while ago.
>
>Now, instead of one gigantic pee once a day, she's going three times a
>night, but still rarely during the day. Is this normal, or are we swung
>too much in the other direction?
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>jmc

Other folks answered but I love the name Meep. I recently took in a
cat that I named Marlo, but she hasn't responded to it at all and I've
started calling her Meep, because that's the sound that she makes. She
is very quiet and I can rarely hear her, but lately has she gets
bolder I can hear her little MEEP noise. It's so cute.

Officially her name is Marlo but it's Meep for short. MEEP.

jmc
July 3rd 07, 04:48 AM
Suddenly, without warning, dgk exclaimed (7/2/2007 11:08 PM):
> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 06:22:15 +0930, jmc
> > wrote:
>
>> For most of her life, Meep has not had "normal" litterbox behaviour.
>> She'd poop only once every other day, and pee maybe once a day.
>>
>> It's taken a while, but with management changes, water sources that she
>> approves of, and some supplements, I finally got her leaving "deposits"
>> once a day, a while ago.
>>
>> Now, instead of one gigantic pee once a day, she's going three times a
>> night, but still rarely during the day. Is this normal, or are we swung
>> too much in the other direction?
>>
>> Thanks for any info.
>>
>> jmc
>
> Other folks answered but I love the name Meep. I recently took in a
> cat that I named Marlo, but she hasn't responded to it at all and I've
> started calling her Meep, because that's the sound that she makes. She
> is very quiet and I can rarely hear her, but lately has she gets
> bolder I can hear her little MEEP noise. It's so cute.
>
> Officially her name is Marlo but it's Meep for short. MEEP.

Well, that's how she got her name in the beginning. It's what she said
for almost the first week, looking around our house for her mama and
siblings (she's a rescue). It was supposed to be temporary, but just
kinda stuck.

She's 11 now, and still meeps at me all the time :)

jmc