From: sheelagh woollard
To: barry parish
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:42 PM
Subject: Barry Replying post

Barry, the words that you are trying to make to make me post on group
were said by you, to me. At the time you were indicating that you get
to know people, allow them to think that you are their friend, then
when they least expect it, BANG, you hit them in the middle of their
forehead with it.(31-3-07)
You even explained how easy it is to get people to talk about
themselves, how you stored that information for a later date & how
shocked they feel when you deliver the final blow....

As one of those victims, I now understand just how true those words
really were.

You accuse me on group of quoting your email on group????

Is this so different to telling the group that Bookie is a sad skint
teacher?
The way you have treated both Bookie & I with utter contempt is hardly
kind, nice or considerate. You have played us like fools, & each time
you do it, you think you can just say, "just kidding", & it will all
be forgotten.

Have either of us ever told you that you are a dead beat loser? No, we
have never done that, so why would you do it to either of us, I ask
you?
The difference between us is that I brought my problem to you
privately, & you chose to ignore it in your contempt.
I would never have dreamed of telling the group anything that you have
told me in private, & I never will. Yet, you are asking me to post
you about all of this on group? What kind of creep do you think I am?
However, that doesn't give you carte Blanche to abuse our friendship
time & time again Some friend you are?!!! I trusted you, I liked you &
most of all, I"respected you"....
You can't buy respect, you have to earn it.
If I have any problems with Nancy, I will go to her with them, not
you.
This email regards you, not her.
I was there when you needed a friend, But I see life is different for
you.
Read what you had to say, & imagine how you would feel if you were me,
or Emily. I know exactly where I went wrong, I allowed you to
manipulate me., but you can be sure that will not happen again. You
are Barry now. That's it..
I can't trust you not to do it again to me. You have had your fun with
us. Now go find someone else to cover your arse & stand up for you.
I'm too angry to even think about it right now.YOU HURT US BOTH.
After calling me a sad no one @ Xmas, pulling Bookie to bits twice by
saying she is a frustrated broke teacher, & me even more often, &
failing to point out that you were there too, I think I could live
without friends like that. I don't notice you telling everyone that
you asked us for money?
Why would that be? Would it make you look bad?
Because people would see you for what you are really like?
Barry, you hurt us both & neither of us did anything to deserve this,
coming from you especially. Like I said, put yourself in our position-
it won't take too long for you to understand how badly you treated us.
It's well out of order...
However, it is in the past & I for one would rather let it go. I hope
you choose to do the same too. It is counter productiver & my own
fault for allowing you too.

===================
Don't write me no more sheelagh, Im only going to post it up here,
from now on.

MILK IT BARRY MILK IT

Got the gun
July 3rd 07, 12:24 AM
uh, WE WAS TALKING ABOUT NICK AND ASSHOLES IN GENERAL and you know
it (proof is at the bottom)

don't do that **** no more, Im not replying to you no more

HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL

I don't care what you posted, that's bull****

I jsut dont' like feeling betrayed

I've shown mercy to 1,000's, one more won't kill me

Im done with this

--
my first post snipped the text, who the heck knows why...
but there > is the email from sheelagh just now.

Sheelagh, I was not aware that you had a problem with me.
I won't speak about bookie, to my knowledge, she is still playful as
ever and has a good appetite.

rule #1 when we feel "guilty" we seek to justify

see your email above for example of justification
you go as far to put a negative twist on how you and bookie feel
when you know damn well, it's a lie

you know it is, I don't care! Im having champagne

you just can't write me no more.

If I wanted the group to read what I wrote you, I would have posted it
on here.

You should... own up to what you did, be mature, just say, you're
right, I wouldn't like nobody posting things I told them in confidence

Im going right now to fetch your second to last email to me, I bet
my...
that it is you being freindly and nice to me.
this will prove what I just said, that you are trying to justify what
you did.

be right back

--yep she was nice as usual. no sign of problems.
====

sheelagh woollard to me
show details Jun 9

Hi Mate,
it doesn't matter which post I go to, there you are ripping Nicks
pants over his head LOLS & MORE LOLS:o)
If you don't stop, I will feel, the need to allow my fingers to walk
where they just shouldn't be..
try watching the concert by pod cast, there have been some really good
Bands on today. I'm holding out for Linkin Park personally. I am
gutted that I couldn't go with them this year..It's a really good
event. Everyone chills, plenty of weed, new friends & a nice bottle
under your pillow just in case a smack addict tries robbing you whilst
your asleep.....
It's the weekend & it's a wonderful day
S:o)

===

Have a wonderful day.

:

Im not angry, but no more emails. you can't be trusted with money or
emails.

Got the gun
July 3rd 07, 12:26 AM
goddamit every f'n thing I go to do today is bull**** ****ingi @#[email protected]#$
%@#$ [email protected]#$%njat;bnl hi./bh.l/ sdfhiluo

Johann Gambolputty-de-von-Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crass-cren-bon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-don
July 3rd 07, 12:42 AM
On Jul 2, 7:26 pm, Got the gun > wrote:
> goddamit every f'n thing I go to do today is bull**** ****ingi @#[email protected]#$
> %@#$ [email protected]#$%njat;bnl hi./bh.l/ sdfhiluo

do your arms flap as you rant? are you foaming at the mouth?

RUN JUPITER RUN HERE COMES THE BROOM!

bookie
July 3rd 07, 12:48 AM
On 3 Jul, 00:42, Johann Gambolputty-de-von-Ausfern-schplenden-
schlitter-crass-cren-bon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-
burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-
knotty- > wrote:
> On Jul 2, 7:26 pm, Got the gun > wrote:
>
> > goddamit every f'n thing I go to do today is bull**** ****ingi @#[email protected]#$
> > %@#$ [email protected]#$%njat;bnl hi./bh.l/ sdfhiluo
>
> do your arms flap as you rant? are you foaming at the mouth?
>
> RUN JUPITER RUN HERE COMES THE BROOM!

I think it's great that people have an outlet of some sort

Got the gun
July 3rd 07, 01:04 AM
On Jul 2, 7:48 pm, bookie > wrote:

> I think it's great that people have an outlet of some sort

I have no where to stuff all this frustration

im not angry with sheelagh, just a teeny bit hurt

I've been trying forever to be her friend, but something told me to be
careful what I say. I was sad to feel the way I did, cause I don't
have many real friends.

soo, it just makes me sad, cause I don't feel I can tell her what's on
my mind
(in email) I have to respect what she IS capable of.

Got the gun
July 3rd 07, 01:09 AM
Driving today, I hit every stop light in lynchburg!

grrrrrr
grrrrrr

grrrrrrrr

then, my work got derailed today, it cost me $500 in labor costs.

grrrrrr grrrrrr

Got the gun
July 3rd 07, 01:12 AM
On Jul 2, 7:48 pm, bookie > wrote:

> > RUN JUPITER RUN HERE COMES THE BROOM!
>
> I think it's great that people have an outlet of some sort

but, I did get a lot done today, I shouldn't be so hard on myself

but see.. time is of the essence now.. grrrr, I have other prepaid
commitments to do.

whatever! Im doing my thing if it hairlips the pope

Thanks for listening, you're a great listner!

bookie
July 3rd 07, 02:05 AM
On 3 Jul, 01:12, Got the gun > wrote:
> On Jul 2, 7:48 pm, bookie > wrote:
>
> > > RUN JUPITER RUN HERE COMES THE BROOM!
>
> > I think it's great that people have an outlet of some sort
>
> but, I did get a lot done today, I shouldn't be so hard on myself
>
> but see.. time is of the essence now.. grrrr, I have other prepaid
> commitments to do.
>
> whatever! Im doing my thing if it hairlips the pope
>
> Thanks for listening, you're a great listner!

i'll be your friend

Got the gun
July 3rd 07, 03:46 AM
On Jul 2, 9:05 pm, bookie > wrote:

> i'll be your friend

That's very generous of you

<30 minutes pass>

yes, let's be friends!

sheelagh
July 3rd 07, 08:11 PM
On 3 Jul, 00:24, Got the gun > wrote:
> uh, WE WAS TALKING ABOUT NICK AND ASSHOLES IN GENERAL and you know
> it (proof is at the bottom)
>
> don't do that **** no more, Im not replying to you no more
>
> HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL
>
> I don't care what you posted, that's bull****
>
> I jsut dont' like feeling betrayed
>
> I've shown mercy to 1,000's, one more won't kill me
>
> Im done with this

That is debatable. I don't agree!

> don't do that **** no more, I'm not replying to you no more
>
> HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL

Very embarrassed I would imagine?

I wouldn't know really, because you are the one that is making all the
fuss & jumping up and down.

How does it feel to bring a private email & share only half the
content to the group, & amazingly & coincidentally, you you ask me how
you feel??

How do you think I feel?
Oh, I forgot, that isn't the issue here is it

> I don't care what you posted, that's bull****

Actually, Barry, you might not have noticed this bit, but I didn't
post anything about this regarding you- you are the one that brought
it to group!!

So I notice. It would seem a case of double standards here. It is ok
for you to bearing half an email written in your favour, then cry
wolf.

> I jsut dont' like feeling betrayed

Really?
Tell, me what does it feel like, or would you like me to explain it to
you?

I didn't dish the dirt here, you did!!

You brought some bits of my email, quoted the tiny snippet that you
wanted them to hear, then snipped the rest of it because it is true &
you know it is...

> I've shown mercy to 1,000's, one more won't kill me

I don't want your forgiveness.
Why would you forgive me for telling you the truth?

> Im done with this

I very much hope so, however, knowing you, you are bound to make a
some song and dance about it all.
Remember, you brought this here, not me!
There is a third party here. That is why you chose to snip my email.
you are relying on the fact that I am far too nice to stoop that low.

This is true, as I found to my detriment.

I have been there for you when you needed to talk about some issues, &
I have never told anyone what you have said, ever! I never intend to
either- However, this doesn't give you reason to think that you can
tread all over me simply because I have integrity.
In fact, all you have done is shown me that you are worse than I gave
you credit for. This is really low!!

> >Is this so different to telling the group that Bookie is a sad skint teacher?
> >The way you have treated both Bookie & I with utter contempt is hardly kind, nice >or considerate. You have played us like fools, & each time you do it, you think you >can just say, "just kidding", & it will all be forgotten.

As you have done many times in the past. If you wish me to site them,
I will.

> >Have either of us ever told you that you are a dead beat loser? No, we have never >done that, so why would you do it to either of us, I ask you?
> >The difference between us is that I brought my problem to you privately, & you >chose to ignore it in your contempt.

I never said anything about you here, I never posted anything, & I
would rather not do this in group @ all. What does this have to do
with everyone else Barry?
If you refer to all of what I said in the first place, you know in
your heart that what I say is true. I also have the email to back it
up, so think carefully on this one. Would the 3rd party really thank
you for bringing this subject here?

I think not..!!!

Again, you chose to post this here, not me. It is clear for everyone
on Usenet to see that you are the one that brought this here.. not
me.. You have only to look @Matthews thread, & 2 of your own making,
that you are simply accusing me of what you say I did, when you are
doing the same thing yourself. Read your own words again.

> >I would never have dreamed of telling the group anything that you have told me in >private, & I never will. Yet, you are asking me to post you about all of this on >group? What kind of creep do you think I am?
> >However, that doesn't give you carte Blanche to abuse our friendship time & time >again Some friend you are?!!! I trusted you, I liked you & most of all, I"respected >you"....
> >You can't buy respect, you have to earn it.
> >If I have any problems with Nancy, I will go to her with them, not you.
> >This email regards you, not her.

This is also true, if Nancy cares to acknowledge it.

> >I was there when you needed a friend, But I see life is different for you.
> >Read what you had to say, & imagine how you would feel if you were me, or Emily.
I can quote and site these ones too.

>I know exactly where I went wrong, I allowed you to manipulate me., but you can be >sure that will not happen again. You are Barry now. That's it..
> >I can't trust you not to do it again to me. You have had your fun with us. Now go >find someone else to cover your arse & stand up for you. I'm too angry to even think >about it right now.YOU HURT US BOTH.

Or so I thought.

You have also just confirmed how prophetic my words were, By reading
your own post right here. How is this for accusing someone of
something that you are doing yourself?

I can only speak for myself. If Bookie wishes to mingle with you, it
is her decision to make, not mine. she is perfectly capable of
handling you herself.

> >After calling me a sad no one @ Xmas, pulling Bookie to bits twice by saying she >is a frustrated broke teacher, & me even more often, & failing to point out that you >were there too, I think I could live without friends like that. I don't notice you telling >everyone that you asked us for money?

Everyone would see that though, had you not chosen to snip my email to
conveniently make you look good.
You did ask me for money on more than one occasion, (by us, I mean
myself and my family)& I can prove that too if you wish me to?
Oh, yes, there is no need really, is there?
You have the *Whole* email already, don't you?

> >Why would that be? Would it make you look bad?
> >Because people would see you for what you are really like?
> >Barry, you hurt us both & neither of us did anything to deserve this, coming from >you especially. Like I said, put yourself in our position- it won't take too long for you >to understand how badly you treated us. It's well out of order...

I stand by my statement, because it is true. you spent most of may &
all of June completely ignoring me, other than to make derogatory
comments about us.

> >However, it is in the past & I for one would rather let it go. I hope you choose to do >the same too. It is counterproductive & my own fault for allowing you too.

This is still how I would prefer to leave it. If you choose to
continue, you will only dig yourself even deeper & find yourself
talking to, yourself. I will not lower myself to your standards "all
done in the best possible taste by you, of course"

I was stupid to allow you to use me as a sounding post, lending an ear
& letting you away with the rotten things that you did say. I have
learnt my lesson the hard way with you. I was stupid enough to stand
up for you, when really I should have left you to it alone.

NO ONE on this group is interested in who said what to who. This
shouldn't be here @ all...

> --
> my first post snipped the text, who the heck knows why...
> but there > is the email from sheelagh just now.
> --
>
> Sheelagh, I was not aware that you had a problem with me.
> I won't speak about bookie, to my knowledge, she is still playful as
> ever and has a good appetite.

I didn't, until you decided to ask why other people were bothering to
respond to both myself & Bookie. What does that have to do with you?

> rule #1 when we feel "guilty" we seek to justify

Is this so?

As I don't feel guilty at all, I will have to take your word for that
one.
I have no reason to feel guilty @ all. You caused this fuss, not me. I
would have happily kept this out of group, but you chose to justify
flaming me by only offering half the facts, & pointing out your own
perspective of a conclusion.
What are you looking for,..people to join in?
I certainly wouldn't if it had nothing to do with me.

> see your email above for example of justification
> you go as far to put a negative twist on how you and bookie feel
> when you know damn well, it's a lie

I spoke no lie at all. However, I can see that Bookie is old enough to
handle her own problems & does on a regular basis if she feels she has
the right or passionately about something.

> you know it is,
No, I don't know it.

>I don't care! Im having champagne

I know that you don't care. You have made it abundantly clear that the
only thing that is important to you, is you & what you want ..

> you just can't write me no more.

You need not fear on that one. I would rather avoid you completely if
I could, for ever!!

> If I wanted the group to read what I wrote you, I would have posted it
> on here.

Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but that is exactly what
&you have just done* to me!!!!!!.
I never considered the idea, which is perfectly clearly stated in the
"private email*
I sent...to you & you decide to do in part only!!

> You should... own up to what you did, be mature, just say, you're
> right, I wouldn't like nobody posting things I told them in confidence

Yet, you are the very person that did exactly that??????
When?
If I had something to apologies for, I would. In this instance, I
don't!

> Im going right now to fetch your second to last email to me, I bet
> my...
> that it is you being freindly and nice to me.
> this will prove what I just said, that you are trying to justify what
> you did.
>
> be right back
>
> --yep she was nice as usual. no sign of problems.
> ====
>
> sheelagh woollard to me
> show details Jun 9
>
> Hi Mate,
> it doesn't matter which post I go to, there you are ripping Nicks
> pants over his head LOLS & MORE LOLS:o)
> If you don't stop, I will feel, the need to allow my fingers to walk
> where they just shouldn't be..
> try watching the concert by pod cast, there have been some really good
> Bands on today. I'm holding out for Linkin Park personally. I am
> gutted that I couldn't go with them this year..It's a really good
> event. Everyone chills, plenty of weed, new friends & a nice bottle
> under your pillow just in case a smack addict tries robbing you whilst
> your asleep.....
> It's the weekend & it's a wonderful day
> S:o)
>
> ===
I believe we were talking about my sons first trip to Download that
weekend, & I was being sarcastic about what they might find when they
got there.

Yes, I was being "sheelagh". Sheelagh doesn't look for fights.

Sheelagh had been emailing you for nearly 2 months, & each time I
did, you either ignored them, or sent the entire message back to me
again. This of course is the act of a friend, is it?
What you say, & what you do are two separate things.

> Have a wonderful day.
Somehow, your words do not ring true
> :
>
> I'm not angry, but no more emails. you can't be trusted with money or

You have no worries on that score. You will never be on any of my
contact lists anymore. As for being trusted with money or friends, I
think that you will find that all you have done in this post, is
confirm that you wanted lots of attention, took over 3 separate posts
& then proceeded to show everyone how terrible I was for printing your
private emails....
Right?!!!

I don't see any printed email content here other than my own.
I did not do that to you @ all.
In fact it is quite the reverse, you have done it to me, & then you
have the Gaul to ask me to say sorry?
forget it!

I'm not sorry for anything. *You made me look a fool* by printing
selective parts of the email you quote here. Had you printed off the
whole email so that everyone could judge this on it's merits, I might
have some pity for you. However, you thought you would just snip what
you wanted everyone to read, & missed out the parts that prove that I
can site, quote & revert back to should the need arise..

As for trusting me with money. Well, that really is the laugh of the
decade.
You have asked me for money,( by your own admission by telling the
group- I had no intention of telling them you had), but then again, no
one would have known that bit, had you not decided to relate that
*bit* of the story, would they?
---------------------
The bottom line is that you chose to post this in part only. If
everyone had the chance to read the whole email, they would be able to
decide for themselves..But you didn't, you only quoted half the email,
leaving out the dates, instances subjects too.
How can anyone form an opinion with only half the facts?
They can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now leave me in peace please, because that is what I hope you will do,
same as I will you.

'I feel a swelling love in my bowels'?! ROTFLMAO
July 3rd 07, 09:37 PM
On Jul 3, 3:11 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 3 Jul, 00:24, Got the gun > wrote:
>

> > uh, WE WAS TALKING ABOUT NICK AND ASSHOLES IN GENERAL and you know
> > it (proof is at the bottom)
>
> > don't do that **** no more, Im not replying to you no more
>
> > HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL
>
> > I don't care what you posted, that's bull****
>
> > I jsut dont' like feeling betrayed
>
> > I've shown mercy to 1,000's, one more won't kill me
>
> > Im done with this

I warned you about this manipulative retard Barry, didn't I?
You can hate the messenger, but you can't ignore the message. Avoid
that lying scumbag redneck at all costs. Ask Nancy.

Here endeth the lesson.

Got the gun
July 3rd 07, 09:58 PM
On Jul 3, 4:37 pm, 'I feel a swelling love in my bowels'?! ROTFLMAO
> wrote:

> Here endeth the lesson.

uh, she posted my personal email to her.

Ive been betrayed asshole! stfu mind your own business

that swelling in your bowels is the 3 Egg McMuffins you wolfed down
this morning.
braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!

Charlie Wilkes
July 3rd 07, 10:09 PM
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:

[snip]

Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but this
one takes the cake.

Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from emails?
My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of retaliation
because you quoted something he wrote you in an email, i.e.:

"I be friendly to people, then I get all I need to know out of them,
then Wham, I hit them with it when they least expect it, & they don't
know what hits them"

Is this taken from a email that Barry sent you, Sheelagh?

Charlie

P.S. If you are sending money to people you meet on Usenet, I want my
share.

Got the gun
July 4th 07, 12:25 AM
On Jul 3, 4:37 pm, 'I feel a swelling love in my bowels'?! ROTFLMAO
> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 3:11 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > On 3 Jul, 00:24, Got the gun > wrote:
>
> > > uh, WE WAS TALKING ABOUT NICK AND ASSHOLES IN GENERAL and you know
> > > it (proof is at the bottom)
>
> > > don't do that **** no more, Im not replying to you no more
>
> > > HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL
>
> > > I don't care what you posted, that's bull****
>
> > > I jsut dont' like feeling betrayed
>
> > > I've shown mercy to 1,000's, one more won't kill me
>
> > > Im done with this

is goin cost you tubby, in slices of fat from your back

and ankles

I can't figure how these movie producers think they are scaring the
public with this boo stuff

keep it up and I might turn a few of my doctor friends onto your
garbage, see what they think
an intervention may be possible yet, I think they have a gown to fit
you

'I feel a swelling love in my bowels'?! ROTFLMAO
July 4th 07, 12:51 AM
On Jul 3, 7:25 pm, Got the gun > wrote:
> is goin cost you tubby, in slices of fat from your back
>
> and ankles

Hmmm...."Got the gun", do you? And now threatening violence? Comcast
should be interested in this.

OOPS! Too late to delete the post, Franklin -- already got the full
headers.
Buh bye, dickhead.

cookie
July 4th 07, 01:45 AM
On Jul 3, 7:25 pm, Got the gun > wrote:
> On Jul 3, 4:37 pm, 'I feel a swelling love in my bowels'?! ROTFLMAO
>
> > wrote:

nooo silly, in it's context, the hospitol is where you will lose
weight. from your back and ankles.
cause you can't sit and eat a 12 pack of moon pies, a 6 pack of cokes,
and bacon....in the hospitol.
wtf are you talking about threat?

btw, did you get the song I sent you last night?

cookie
July 4th 07, 01:47 AM
On Jul 3, 7:51 pm, 'I feel a swelling love in my bowels'?! ROTFLMAO
> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 7:25 pm, Got the gun > wrote:
>
> > is goin cost you tubby, in slices of fat from your back
>
> > and ankles
>
> Hmmm...."Got the gun", do you? And now threatening violence? Comcast
> should be interested in this.
>
> OOPS! Too late to delete the post, Franklin -- already got the full
> headers.
> Buh bye, dickhead.

repost!

nooo silly, in it's context, the hospitol is where you will lose
weight. from your back and ankles.
cause you can't sit and eat a 12 pack of moon pies, a 6 pack of
cokes,
and bacon....in the hospitol.
wtf are you talking about threat?

btw, did you get the song I sent you last night?

bookie
July 4th 07, 02:58 AM
On 3 Jul, 22:09, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but this
> one takes the cake.
>
> Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from emails?
> My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of retaliation
> because you quoted something he wrote you in an email, i.e.:
>
> "I be friendly to people, then I get all I need to know out of them,
> then Wham, I hit them with it when they least expect it, & they don't
> know what hits them"

> Is this taken from a email that Barry sent you, Sheelagh?
>
> Charlie
>
> P.S. If you are sending money to people you meet on Usenet, I want my
> share.

for what it's worth I couldn't care less who knows I am a skint
teacher, i used to tell the kids I taught how skint I was, regularly
made a joke about it, hoping to put them off even thinking about
becoming teachers and instead direct them to much more satisfying
careers such as road sweeper, bin man, abbatoir worker, etc. teachers
in this country are not paid what they are worth and often not even
enough to live on which is one of the reasons I am getting out of it,
no shame in saying that is there?

also 'sad' hmmm...well i suppose that is one alternative term for
clinical depression, but that is not what this group os about is it,
hence I don't talk about that as is it just not interesting or
relevant to this group. I am certainly not ashamed of it though, far
from it, it is a great excuse to be a miserable whinging old cow
anytime i like.

honestly i couldn't care less what people say about me, if it true
then i have probably told everyoneabout it and if it is not then i do
not worry about it. if someone nthe other side of the planet, someone
i will never meet, chooses to judge me based solely on what some
cretin (who i will also never meet) says about me then i could not
give a **** about their opinion anyway.

simple really, anyway i must get some sleep , it is the first day of
henley tomorrow and i am very excited about it. lot sof fit men
wandering about it tight lycra. no cats unfortunately.
bookie

Charlie Wilkes
July 4th 07, 03:59 AM
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:58:15 -0700, bookie wrote:

> On 3 Jul, 22:09, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but
>> this one takes the cake.
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from
>> emails? My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of
>> retaliation because you quoted something he wrote you in an email,
>> i.e.:
>>
>> "I be friendly to people, then I get all I need to know out of them,
>> then Wham, I hit them with it when they least expect it, & they don't
>> know what hits them"

>> Is this taken from a email that Barry sent you, Sheelagh?
>>
>> Charlie
>>
>> P.S. If you are sending money to people you meet on Usenet, I want my
>> share.
>
> for what it's worth I couldn't care less who knows I am a skint teacher,
> i used to tell the kids I taught how skint I was, regularly made a joke
> about it, hoping to put them off even thinking about becoming teachers
> and instead direct them to much more satisfying careers such as road
> sweeper, bin man, abbatoir worker, etc. teachers in this country are not
> paid what they are worth and often not even enough to live on which is
> one of the reasons I am getting out of it, no shame in saying that is
> there?

No, but why are you offering these observations in response to my post
asking whether Barry or Sheelagh was the first to post material from
private emails?

> also 'sad' hmmm...well i suppose that is one alternative term for
> clinical depression, but that is not what this group os about is it,
> hence I don't talk about that as is it just not interesting or relevant
> to this group. I am certainly not ashamed of it though, far from it, it
> is a great excuse to be a miserable whinging old cow anytime i like.
>
> honestly i couldn't care less what people say about me, if it true then
> i have probably told everyoneabout it and if it is not then i do not
> worry about it. if someone nthe other side of the planet, someone i will
> never meet, chooses to judge me based solely on what some cretin (who i
> will also never meet) says about me then i could not give a **** about
> their opinion anyway.
>
> simple really, anyway i must get some sleep , it is the first day of
> henley tomorrow and i am very excited about it. lot sof fit men
> wandering about it tight lycra. no cats unfortunately. bookie

I looked at the web page. Are you going to participate?

Charlie

sheelagh
July 4th 07, 04:48 PM
On 3 Jul, 22:09, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but this
> one takes the cake.
>
> Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from emails?
> My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of retaliation
> because you quoted something he wrote you in an email, i.e.:
>
> "I be friendly to people, then I get all I need to know out of them,
> then Wham, I hit them with it when they least expect it, & they don't
> know what hits them"

> Is this taken from a email that Barry sent you, Sheelagh?
>
> Charlie
>
> P.S. If you are sending money to people you meet on Usenet, I want my
> share.

On 3 Jul, 22:09, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but this
> one takes the cake.

I agree to my shame.

> Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from emails?
> My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of retaliation

> because you quoted something he wrote you in an email, i.e.:

You are correct. I did quote Barry.

I was angry with him for making a mountain out of a mole hill. He has
done this to me on several occasions, but I have Ignored it. This
particular time, I didn't. He was asking you why you would bother
replying to our posts(Bookie & myself), & yes, I lost my temper wirth
him.

You are also correct about the retaliation.
The difference between us is that I tried to do it privately, but he
decided he wanted the net to read it ;but only selectively read of
course. Any citations involving his part were deleted before he posted
my Private email to him.
He is counting on the fact that my integrity will stop me from posting
the rest of that email that he chose to partially show.
He is correct, too. I wouldn't show any more of that email unless I
had the 3rd party's direct permission to do so.

I emailed him privately after quoting him, & all he printed for you
all to see was the introduction to it. He decided to keep the
citations to himself as well as what he had to say himself.

> "I be friendly to people, then I get all I need to know out of them,
> then Wham, I hit them with it when they least expect it, & they don't
> know what hits them"

This was a very small part of what was said.

> Is this taken from a email that Barry sent you, Sheelagh?

Yes Carlie.
This makes me just as much to blame as Barry, if not more.
I should have just been done and shown you the whole email.
But I can''t. I've cooled down & I would hurt a 3rd person by doing
so.
As that is something that I am not prepared to do because they really
don't deserve it, I will assume the blame until Barry See's fit to
examine his conscience.
>EVERY EMAIL YOU SEND ME SHEELAGH FROM HERE OUT IM GOING TO >POST ON
>HERE, YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY! Sorry!

The Only Apology I have to offer is to the group, not Barry!!

There will be no other apology forthcoming for Barry though.

Until the day he publishes the whole email, I don't see why I should,
because it was very truthful & direct not to mention private. If he
feels that his privacy is infringed, then he should think about his
own actions too.
If I thought for one moment he would post every email in it's
entirety, then I would email him again...

If Barry would do as he quoted (ie: print my words in their entirety),
then I might reconsider.

What annoyed me was there was a hell of a lot of other things said,
but they are not on display for you to see, because Barry chose to be
less than economical with the truth.
> Charlie
>
> P.S. If you are sending money to people you meet on Usenet, I want my
> share.

LOL, as if poor white trash (or was it trailer trash?) like me has
money?

PPPS: What kind of fool do you take me for?
Also worth mentioning that I didn't say he asked me for money, Barry
chose to reveal that one himself.

This has blown out of proportion & I would rather not have to come
back to this post, unless it is to read all of my email & quotes in
their entirety.

I was wrong to make the first remark.
However, that still doesn't give B any right to mock, or @ worst be
less than truthful about quoting me either.

sheelagh
July 4th 07, 05:21 PM
On 4 Jul, 02:58, bookie > wrote:
> On 3 Jul, 22:09, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
>
> > [snip]
>
> > Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but this
> > one takes the cake.
>
> > Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from emails?
> > My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of retaliation
> > because you quoted something he wrote you in an email, i.e.:
>
> > "I be friendly to people, then I get all I need to know out of them,
> > then Wham, I hit them with it when they least expect it, & they don't
> > know what hits them"

> > Is this taken from a email that Barry sent you, Sheelagh?
>
> > Charlie
>
> > P.S. If you are sending money to people you meet on Usenet, I want my
> > share.
>
> for what it's worth I couldn't care less who knows I am a skint
> teacher, i used to tell the kids I taught how skint I was, regularly
> made a joke about it, hoping to put them off even thinking about
> becoming teachers and instead direct them to much more satisfying
> careers such as road sweeper, bin man, abbatoir worker, etc. teachers
> in this country are not paid what they are worth and often not even
> enough to live on which is one of the reasons I am getting out of it,
> no shame in saying that is there?
>
> also 'sad' hmmm...well i suppose that is one alternative term for
> clinical depression, but that is not what this group os about is it,
> hence I don't talk about that as is it just not interesting or
> relevant to this group. I am certainly not ashamed of it though, far
> from it, it is a great excuse to be a miserable whinging old cow
> anytime i like.
>
> honestly i couldn't care less what people say about me, if it true
> then i have probably told everyoneabout it and if it is not then i do
> not worry about it. if someone nthe other side of the planet, someone
> i will never meet, chooses to judge me based solely on what some
> cretin (who i will also never meet) says about me then i could not
> give a **** about their opinion anyway.
>
> simple really, anyway i must get some sleep , it is the first day of
> henley tomorrow and i am very excited about it. lot sof fit men
> wandering about it tight lycra. no cats unfortunately.
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

> honestly i couldn't care less what people say about me, if it true
> then i have probably told everyoneabout it and if it is not then i do
> not worry about it. if someone nthe other side of the planet, someone
> i will never meet, chooses to judge me based solely on what some
> cretin (who i will also never meet) says about me then i could not
> give a **** about their opinion anyway.
Hmmm. your right, this is the polocy that I should have adopted, but I
lost my temper unfortunately.

I think that I would be right in saying that we all judge people by
first impressions?
I am not trying to say that it is right to do this, merely that this
is the way of mankind. I went on that impression for a long time,
standing up for, supporting & loyal in my friendship too.
Unfortunately it is a bit like looking @ the world through rose tinged
glasses, & now that the shinny wrapper has come off so to speak, I
reacted, all be it in haste and bad temper.
I don't care anymore either. I know the truth & this should be good
enough for me.

> simple really, anyway i must get some sleep , it is the first day of
> Henley tomorrow and i am very excited about it. lots of fit men
> wandering about it tight Lycra. no cats unfortunately.

Don't you find that Henley and wimbledon are clashing this year?
Nice about the fit men in shiny Lycra, but shame about the lack of
cats though...
S.

cookie
July 4th 07, 05:43 PM
help somebody, why does people scared to be wrong

I LOVE BEING WRONG AND APOLOGIZING

who among us has never offended in word or deed!
if you have not, then you are perfect.

but I know you ain't.

whyever sheelagh seek to minimize her offense and further hurt me by
saying she won't apologize

it's ok sheelagh, I told you I forgive you without your validation, I
don't need seek or want anything from you. never did AND 100% OF MY
REPLIES TO YOUR EMAILS WAS CONGENIAL AND HOSPITABLE!

Is this how yall do it over there, stick it to someone then just ****
em?

cookie
July 4th 07, 05:45 PM
On Jul 4, 11:48 am, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 3 Jul, 22:09, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
>
> > [snip]
>
> > Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but this
> > one takes the cake.
>
> > Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from emails?
> > My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of retaliation
> > because you quoted something he wrote you in an email, i.e.:
>
> > "I be friendly to people, then I get all I need to know out of them,
> > then Wham, I hit them with it when they least expect it, & they don't
> > know what hits them"

> > Is this taken from a email that Barry sent you, Sheelagh?
>
> > Charlie
>
> > P.S. If you are sending money to people you meet on Usenet, I want my
> > share.
>
> On 3 Jul, 22:09, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
>
> > [snip]
>
> > Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but this
> > one takes the cake.
>
> I agree to my shame.
>
> > Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from emails?
> > My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of retaliation
> > because you quoted something he wrote you in an email, i.e.:
>
> You are correct. I did quote Barry.
>
> I was angry with him for making a mountain out of a mole hill. He has
> done this to me on several occasions, but I have Ignored it. This
> particular time, I didn't. He was asking you why you would bother
> replying to our posts(Bookie & myself), & yes, I lost my temper wirth
> him.

no, two wrongs don't make a right

BUT WHY CAN'T I HAVE AN APOLOGY! LMAO

keep your own dried up sorry sorry barry, i was just mad cause you
blew me off in emails...

well.. STOP REPLYING INSIDE OF A 20 PAGE EMAIL...

ALWAYS START WITH A CLEAN SHEET OF PAPER OR TOP POST FOR MY LIESURE

YOU ARE TOTALILY OFF THE HOOK

and you didn't have to swallow any pride
but I be damned if you will get another reply from me

enjoy your little nasty stand

GODDAMIT CAN'T SOMEBODY **** UP AND SAY SORRY

HELL NO EVERYBODY IS SOME BAIN BITCHES

bookie
July 4th 07, 06:13 PM
On 4 Jul, 03:59, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:58:15 -0700, bookie wrote:
> > On 3 Jul, 22:09, Charlie Wilkes >
> > wrote:
> >> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:11:45 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
>
> >> [snip]
>
> >> Good grief. I've witnessed some boneheaded melodramas in rpchb, but
> >> this one takes the cake.
>
> >> Just out of curiosity, who went first with posting material from
> >> emails? My impression is that Barry started this thread as a means of
> >> retaliation because you quoted something he wrote you in an email,
> >> i.e.:
>
> >> "I be friendly to people, then I get all I need to know out of them,
> >> then Wham, I hit them with it when they least expect it, & they don't
> >> know what hits them"

> >> Is this taken from a email that Barry sent you, Sheelagh?
>
> >> Charlie
>
> >> P.S. If you are sending money to people you meet on Usenet, I want my
> >> share.
>
> > for what it's worth I couldn't care less who knows I am a skint teacher,
> > i used to tell the kids I taught how skint I was, regularly made a joke
> > about it, hoping to put them off even thinking about becoming teachers
> > and instead direct them to much more satisfying careers such as road
> > sweeper, bin man, abbatoir worker, etc. teachers in this country are not
> > paid what they are worth and often not even enough to live on which is
> > one of the reasons I am getting out of it, no shame in saying that is
> > there?
>
> No, but why are you offering these observations in response to my post
> asking whether Barry or Sheelagh was the first to post material from
> private emails?
>

> > also 'sad' hmmm...well i suppose that is one alternative term for
> > clinical depression, but that is not what this group os about is it,
> > hence I don't talk about that as is it just not interesting or relevant
> > to this group. I am certainly not ashamed of it though, far from it, it
> > is a great excuse to be a miserable whinging old cow anytime i like.
>
> > honestly i couldn't care less what people say about me, if it true then
> > i have probably told everyoneabout it and if it is not then i do not
> > worry about it. if someone nthe other side of the planet, someone i will
> > never meet, chooses to judge me based solely on what some cretin (who i
> > will also never meet) says about me then i could not give a **** about
> > their opinion anyway.
>
> > simple really, anyway i must get some sleep , it is the first day of
> > henley tomorrow and i am very excited about it. lot sof fit men
> > wandering about it tight lycra. no cats unfortunately. bookie
>
> I looked at the web page. Are you going to participate?
>
> Charlie- Hide quoted text -

sorry i meant to reply to the one further up, much earlier but, posted
my reply to this one instead, thats the result of posting messages at
3am i suppose, when you are half asleep.
i think it was in reponse to sheelaghs post above to barry berating
him about tellign everyone i am 'sad skint teacher' which is odd cos i
think i was the one who told everyone i am a 'sad skint teacher' and
proud of it too!!!!

what web page?

bookie
July 4th 07, 06:16 PM
On 4 Jul, 17:21, sheelagh > wrote:
> [...]
> first impressions?
> I am not trying to say that it is right to do this, merely that this
> is the way of mankind. I went on that impression for a long time,
> standing up for, supporting & loyal in my friendship too.
> Unfortunately it is a bit like looking @ the world through rose tinged
> glasses, & now that the shinny wrapper has come off so to speak, I
> reacted, all be it in haste and bad temper.
> I don't care anymore either. I know the truth & this should be good
> enough for me.
>
> > simple really, anyway i must get some sleep , it is the first day of
> > Henley tomorrow and i am very excited about it. lots of fit men
> > wandering about it tight Lycra. no cats unfortunately.
>
> Don't you find that Henley and wimbledon are clashing this year?
> Nice about the fit men in shiny Lycra, but shame about the lack of

they always clash, it can be a pain, but in the boat tents at henley
they have rest rooms and a small cafeteria for the competitors where
they usually have a tv inthe corner so you can easily go in and catch
some of the tennis in between races (just need particular passes to
get in, not hard really) .
weather not great today out there, lots of rain, quite torrential at
points, but the good thing about rowing is that rain never stops play
unlike tennis and cricket.
anyway rowing men much fitter than tennis players anyday

cookie
July 4th 07, 07:12 PM
On Jul 4, 1:16 pm, bookie > wrote:

> they always clash, it can be a pain, but in the boat tents at henley
> they have rest rooms and a small cafeteria for the competitors where
> they usually have a tv inthe corner so you can easily go in and catch
> some of the tennis in between races (just need particular passes to
> get in, not hard really) .
> weather not great today out there, lots of rain, quite torrential at
> points, but the good thing about rowing is that rain never stops play
> unlike tennis and cricket.
> anyway rowing men much fitter than tennis players anyday- Hide quoted text -

are you competing? or just something you watch, and lots of stuff to
do

is there any link showing past same events?

if you're rowing, think about ... ... nothing.

I figure the one time you told about ochanneling anger, was jsut that,
that one time.

me? I like setting rythms... I might pull 6 and rest on 7, (the 7th is
where I would not actually pull, but rest my hands on the moving
handle.

Charlie Wilkes
July 4th 07, 07:54 PM
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:48:49 -0700, sheelagh wrote:

> You are also correct about the retaliation. The difference between us is
> that I tried to do it privately,

What do you mean? You've admitted you went first on posting material
from private email. It's like chemical weapons... whoever uses them
first, even in a limited strike, loses their standing to complain about
retaliation in kind.

The difference, of course, is that nobody will die a horrible death
because you and Barry choose to air your private correspondence. That's
the thing about Usenet, Sheelagh... the fighting is dirty because the
stakes are so low.

Charlie

Charlie Wilkes
July 4th 07, 08:13 PM
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:13:06 -0700, bookie wrote:

> sorry i meant to reply to the one further up, much earlier but, posted
> my reply to this one instead, thats the result of posting messages at
> 3am i suppose, when you are half asleep. i think it was in reponse to
> sheelaghs post above to barry berating him about tellign everyone i am
> 'sad skint teacher' which is odd cos i think i was the one who told
> everyone i am a 'sad skint teacher' and proud of it too!!!!
>
> what web page?

The official Henley web site

http://www.hrr.co.uk/

with a description of the events, pictures of the trophies, ads for T
shirts. Are you going to participate in any of the events?

Charlie

Charlie Wilkes
July 4th 07, 08:34 PM
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:16:11 -0700, bookie wrote:

> anyway rowing men much fitter than tennis players anyday

But are they fit to consume 17,000 calories in less than 15 minutes?

You will have to come to America to find the _really_ fit men...

http://tinyurl.com/276v3p

Charlie

sheelagh
July 4th 07, 10:50 PM
On 4 Jul, 18:13, bookie > wrote:
> On 4 Jul, 03:59, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:58:15 -0700, bookie wrote:

> > > for what it's worth I couldn't care less who knows I am a skint teacher,
> > > i used to tell the kids I taught how skint I was, regularly made a joke
> > > about it, hoping to put them off even thinking about becoming teachers
> > > and instead direct them to much more satisfying careers such as road
> > > sweeper, bin man, abbatoir worker, etc. teachers in this country are not
> > > paid what they are worth and often not even enough to live on which is
> > > one of the reasons I am getting out of it, no shame in saying that is
> > > there?
>
> > No, but why are you offering these observations in response to my post
> > asking whether Barry or Sheelagh was the first to post material from
> > private emails?
>
> > > also 'sad' hmmm...well i suppose that is one alternative term for
> > > clinical depression, but that is not what this group os about is it,
> > > hence I don't talk about that as is it just not interesting or relevant
> > > to this group. I am certainly not ashamed of it though, far from it, it
> > > is a great excuse to be a miserable whinging old cow anytime i like.
>
> > > honestly i couldn't care less what people say about me, if it true then
> > > i have probably told everyoneabout it and if it is not then i do not
> > > worry about it. if someone nthe other side of the planet, someone i will
> > > never meet, chooses to judge me based solely on what some cretin (who i
> > > will also never meet) says about me then i could not give a **** about
> > > their opinion anyway.
>
> > > simple really, anyway i must get some sleep , it is the first day of
> > > henley tomorrow and i am very excited about it. lot sof fit men
> > > wandering about it tight lycra. no cats unfortunately. bookie
>
> > I looked at the web page. Are you going to participate?
>
> > Charlie- Hide quoted text -

> sorry i meant to reply to the one further up, much earlier but, posted
> my reply to this one instead, thats the result of posting messages at
> 3am i suppose, when you are half asleep.
> i think it was in reponse to sheelaghs post above to barry berating
> him about tellign everyone i am 'sad skint teacher' which is odd cos i
> think i was the one who told everyone i am a 'sad skint teacher' and
> proud of it too!!!!
>
> what web page?- Hide quoted text -

Bookie,
Croquet, Merely Croquet. Dash it all, we can't have this sort of
thing,
I mean, "Really"..!!

sheelagh
July 4th 07, 11:00 PM
On 4 Jul, 18:16, bookie > wrote:
> [...]
> > Nice about the fit men in shiny Lycra, but shame about the lack of
> > cats though...
> > S.- Hide quoted text -

> they always clash, it can be a pain, but in the boat tents at henley
> they have rest rooms and a small cafeteria for the competitors where
> they usually have a tv inthe corner so you can easily go in and catch
> some of the tennis in between races (just need particular passes to
> get in, not hard really) .
> weather not great today out there, lots of rain, quite torrential at
> points, but the good thing about rowing is that rain never stops play
> unlike tennis and cricket.
> anyway rowing men much fitter than tennis players anyday- Hide quoted text -

> weather not great today out there, lots of rain, quite torrential at
> points, but the good thing about rowing is that rain never stops play

I think we can safely say that I'm not the only one here that spouts
steam.

Very True, indeed.
Yes,It's a bloody nuisance @ times, especially if you watch play live
@ Wimbledon, or Lords for that matter.

> anyway rowing men much fitter than tennis players any day
<ROARING with LAUGHTER>
Lotza Lols ;o)
Sheelagh

bookie
July 5th 07, 08:08 PM
On 4 Jul, 20:13, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:13:06 -0700, bookie wrote:
>
> > sorry i meant to reply to the one further up, much earlier but, posted
> > my reply to this one instead, thats the result of posting messages at
> > 3am i suppose, when you are half asleep. i think it was in reponse to
> > sheelaghs post above to barry berating him about tellign everyone i am
> > 'sad skint teacher' which is odd cos i think i was the one who told
> > everyone i am a 'sad skint teacher' and proud of it too!!!!
>
> > what web page?
>
> The official Henley web site
>
> http://www.hrr.co.uk/
>
> with a description of the events, pictures of the trophies, ads for T
> shirts. Are you going to participate in any of the events?
>
> Charlie

not this year, haev done inthe past, womens 4x (quad sculls) and also
inthe womens 1x (singles), just nto been focussed enough this year or
had a coach to look after me so just a spectator this year. Weather is
awful this year, raining really hard and the wind is gettign up too.
because of all this rainful in june and in recent days the river is
running really high and fast and as the races run against the flow if
the water the times are rather slow. I would much rather be in a
marquee or a grandstand watching the races this year anyway,
competing is very stressfull and I am not up for all that stress right
now
bookie

solo
July 6th 07, 12:38 AM
bookie wrote:

> not this year, haev done inthe past, womens 4x (quad sculls) and also
> inthe womens 1x (singles), just nto been focussed enough this year or
> had a coach to look after me so just a spectator this year. Weather is
> awful this year, raining really hard and the wind is gettign up too.
> because of all this rainful in june and in recent days the river is
> running really high and fast and as the races run against the flow if
> the water the times are rather slow. I would much rather be in a
> marquee or a grandstand watching the races this year anyway,
> competing is very stressfull and I am not up for all that stress right
> now
> bookie

oh i see, you're rowing your boat, sending this messages through the
cell phone.
you're so talented.

keeheehee

bookie
July 7th 07, 02:21 PM
On 6 Jul, 00:38, solo > wrote:
> bookie wrote:
> > not this year, haev done inthe past, womens 4x (quad sculls) and also
> > inthe womens 1x (singles), just nto been focussed enough this year or
> > had a coach to look after me so just a spectator this year. Weather is
> > awful this year, raining really hard and the wind is gettign up too.
> > because of all this rainful in june and in recent days the river is
> > running really high and fast and as the races run against the flow if
> > the water the times are rather slow. I would much rather be in a
> > marquee or a grandstand watching the races this year anyway,
> > competing is very stressfull and I am not up for all that stress right
> > now
> > bookie
>
> oh i see, you're rowing your boat, sending this messages through the
> cell phone.
> you're so talented.
>
> keeheehee

er no, i was on the bank watching the racing and getting sunburnt
(quite surprising considerign the ****e weather we have been having
over here) then came home to log on and check which of your many
enlightened and inspring thoughts you had decided to share with us
today.
racing still going on today and tomorrow, can't be bothered to go
today as the crowds onthe bank as always huge and heaving and usually
drunk too. Tomorrow will be quieter so will go then and watch the
finals whilst drinking Pimms and lemonade, with the obligatory break
in the middle of the afternoon for tea (with sandwiches, scones and
cakes).
the english summer, you can't beat it

only downside is i cant' take my cats into the enclosures by the
riverside, they only allow guide dogs in. A friend tried to take her
pet rabbit in with her, she takes him everywhere on a harness and he
is very docile, and they kicked up a right fuss and said she was not
allowed to take 'livestock' in with her, can you believe it? there is
a very good seafood restaurant in the main enclosure which i reckon
both jessie and terri would love to visit. Thing is there is a strict
dress code (men must wear blazer and tie or cravat, women must wear a
skirt which comes below the knee, formal shoes, and preferably a hat),
and I don't fancy my chances of getting either of my girls into a
dress even if this would increase their chances. I would love to see
my girls reaction at watchign silly humans rowing past on the river,
what woudl they make of it all?

bookie

solo
July 7th 07, 03:44 PM
bookie wrote:

> I would love to see
> my girls reaction at watchign silly humans rowing past on the river,
> what woudl they make of it all?
>
> bookie

That's real thoughtful of you

Just put your cat on a leash, tell them it's a dog?

If a cat was smart enough to walk around and be sociable in places
like that, nobody would mind, we both know they would be hanging from
some tent roof, or wrapped around something maarrrrrrrrrrooooowing and
terrorizing.

ah! signs of life

solo
July 7th 07, 04:16 PM
On Jul 4, 6:54 pm, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:

> What do you mean? You've admitted you went first on posting material
> from private email. It's like chemical weapons... whoever uses them
> first, even in a limited strike, loses their standing to complain about
> retaliation in kind.

it's de smoke man, de chics can't hold dey smoke

sheelagh
July 7th 07, 06:24 PM
On 4 Jul, 19:54, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:48:49 -0700, sheelagh wrote:
> > You are also correct about the retaliation. The difference between us is
> > that I tried to do it privately,
>
> What do you mean? You've admitted you went first on posting material
> from private email. It's like chemical weapons... whoever uses them
> first, even in a limited strike, loses their standing to complain about
> retaliation in kind.
>
> The difference, of course, is that nobody will die a horrible death
> because you and Barry choose to air your private correspondence. That's
> the thing about Usenet, Sheelagh... the fighting is dirty because the
> stakes are so low.
>
> Charlie

I am not complaining.
I merely indicated that there was far more than meets the eye from a
casual onlooker.

I am asking for him to refrain from continuing a private dispute on
Usenet.

This, is not the place & as you point out, the stakes are "So Low"...

To be frank Charlie, I'm done with this. I have no intention of coming
back on this one, however much I am provoked. It is so petty that it
doesn't deserve consideration. And, my apologies to the group. This
was never intended @ all on my behalf. I admit initial culpability, &
accept I was wrong.

What I won't accept are the unessacary remarks that have rolled down
the hill since then- all the emails & provocation are lost on me now.
Let him call me what he will. People who know me better, will also
know that I would never post emails full of private content for anyone
to laugh or argue over..
My Apologies to the group.
Sheelagh

solo
July 7th 07, 08:07 PM
On Jul 7, 5:24 pm, sheelagh > wrote:

> I would never post emails full of private content for anyone
> to laugh or argue over..
> My Apologies to the group.
> Sheelagh

oh!

Charlie Wilkes
July 7th 07, 09:04 PM
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:16:59 -0700, solo wrote:

> On Jul 4, 6:54 pm, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>
>> What do you mean? You've admitted you went first on posting material
>> from private email. It's like chemical weapons... whoever uses them
>> first, even in a limited strike, loses their standing to complain about
>> retaliation in kind.
>
> it's de smoke man, de chics can't hold dey smoke

Is Sheelagh a pothead???

Charlie

solo
July 7th 07, 09:22 PM
On Jul 7, 8:04 pm, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:

> Is Sheelagh a pothead???
>
> Charlie

anything is possible

no, she's head smart, but not necessarily educated smart, although
she's by no means green

she's an exhibitionist of sorts

go find someone else to cover your arse & stand up for you
July 7th 07, 09:44 PM
On Jul 7, 4:22 pm, solo > wrote:
> she's an exhibitionist of sorts

....says the king of "pay attention to me"

sheelagh
July 8th 07, 12:06 AM
On 7 Jul, 21:04, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:16:59 -0700, solo wrote:
> > On Jul 4, 6:54 pm, Charlie Wilkes >
> > wrote:
>
> >> What do you mean? You've admitted you went first on posting material
> >> from private email. It's like chemical weapons... whoever uses them
> >> first, even in a limited strike, loses their standing to complain about
> >> retaliation in kind.
>
> > it's de smoke man, de chics can't hold dey smoke
>
> Is Sheelagh a pothead???
>
> Charlie

No, Sheelagh is not a pot head Charlie..

I have tried it a many times as a teenager & found that all it made me
feel was tiered & hungry.

I didn't see the point of paying to feel like that.

I'm broad minded & one of my sons does smoke it, but I don't encourage
it.
(especially when he asks me to make cakes with it!!)
It is a waste of money & I don't have that money or time to waste on
things like.

solo
July 8th 07, 12:58 AM
On Jul 7, 11:06 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 7 Jul, 21:04, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:16:59 -0700, solo wrote:

> > > it's de smoke man, de chics can't hold dey smoke
>
> > Is Sheelagh a pothead???
>
> > Charlie
>
> No, Sheelagh is not a pot head Charlie..
>
> I have tried it a many times as a teenager & found that all it made me
> feel was tiered & hungry.
>
> I didn't see the point of paying to feel like that.
>
> I'm broad minded & one of my sons does smoke it, but I don't encourage
> it.
> (especially when he asks me to make cakes with it!!)
> It is a waste of money & I don't have that money or time to waste on
> things like.

and to top it off, you sent me the first email

so you come on my domain, extract something from me under the guise of
friend, take it back to public, place in a malicious context, turn
around, wipe the corners of your mouth about it and you are the
victim... all just so you could try out your new grammar checker!

I love it

gimmie 5

go find someone else to cover your arse & stand up for you
July 8th 07, 01:59 AM
On Jul 7, 7:58 pm, solo > wrote:
> waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

may I suggest
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod1530691&CATID=301839&skuid=sku1530680&V=G&ec=frgl_629189

bookie
July 8th 07, 02:39 AM
On 7 Jul, 15:44, solo > wrote:
> bookie wrote:
> > I would love to see
> > my girls reaction at watchign silly humans rowing past on the river,
> > what woudl they make of it all?
>
> > bookie
>
> That's real thoughtful of you
>
> Just put your cat on a leash, tell them it's a dog?
>
> If a cat was smart enough to walk around and be sociable in places
> like that, nobody would mind, we both know they would be hanging from
> some tent roof, or wrapped around something maarrrrrrrrrrooooowing and
> terrorizing.
>
> ah! signs of life

i suspect that jessie would just find a deckchair in the sunshine and
curl up and go to sleep, she is at all phased by people. terri would
be a very different matter though, she would probably be hiding under
the deckchairs, eyes as wide as saucers, then fall asleep for the rest
of the afternoon. certainly my old cat jasper woudl have taken the
whole thing in his stride

never going to happen but it is a nice mental picture for me, and I
certainly would not put either of them on a lead, just carry them in ,
take them to the best deckchair inthe sunniest spot and place them
there.

sheelagh
July 8th 07, 04:31 PM
On 8 Jul, 02:39, bookie > wrote:
> On 7 Jul, 15:44, solo > wrote:
>

> > bookie wrote:
> > > I would love to see
> > > my girls reaction at watchign silly humans rowing past on the river,
> > > what woudl they make of it all?
>
> > > bookie
>
> > That's real thoughtful of you
>
> > Just put your cat on a leash, tell them it's a dog?
>
> > If a cat was smart enough to walk around and be sociable in places
> > like that, nobody would mind, we both know they would be hanging from
> > some tent roof, or wrapped around something maarrrrrrrrrrooooowing and
> > terrorizing.
>
> > ah! signs of life
>
> i suspect that jessie would just find a deckchair in the sunshine and
> curl up and go to sleep, she is at all phased by people. terri would
> be a very different matter though, she would probably be hiding under
> the deckchairs, eyes as wide as saucers, then fall asleep for the rest
> of the afternoon. certainly my old cat jasper woudl have taken the
> whole thing in his stride
>
> never going to happen but it is a nice mental picture for me, and I
> certainly would not put either of them on a lead, just carry them in ,
> take them to the best deckchair inthe sunniest spot and place them
> there.- Hide quoted text -

Wouldn't it make some eye's pop if you were to allow them to accompany
you?

There should be a members & pet enclosure. After all, if Blind dogs
are allowed to accompany someone who is blind (lets face it, they are
not going to see that much of the race, are they?) And before anyone
gets on their high horse over the blind remark, bit might be worth
knowing that I am only partially sighted myself. Why shouldn't other
animals be allowed entrance?

It would be nice for people to be allowed to let their pets accompany
them, as long as they didn't distract from the races, & they were
appropriately behaved, I see no reason why they should be banned.

I got a text from an ex customer the other day to say that she was
having a wonderful week at the seaside walking her cat along the prom
(sea front.), on his harness. Apparently he enjoyed every moment of
it!

She couldn't bare the thought of leaving him in a cattery, so she took
him with her. What a nice thing to do for both herself & also the
cat's benefit..A good time was had by all :o)

Sheelagh

Mr Tanaka
July 8th 07, 08:06 PM
bookie wrote:

> i suspect that jessie would just find a deckchair in the sunshine and

yeah, you know your cat, I can't even get my hands on Lucy if she
don't want me to, she will just go behind the bed or something. Much
less sport her in public.
Im game though! It should come to that, people sporting cats on jewel
studded collars and leashes.

> never going to happen but it is a nice mental picture for me, and I
> certainly would not put either of them on a lead, just carry them in ,
> take them to the best deckchair inthe sunniest spot and place them
> there.

You'd just have to show them how civil one can be. Cat's are social
yes, and I've met cats who wouldn't have a bit of problem roaming from
pant leg to pant leg, having a big time!

Curling up is more my fancy though. Everytime a cat climbs on me when
Im just sitting in the recliner, they won't let me up, I am forced to
lay back. It's either that or toss a purrring kitten. I wouldn't do
that.

bookie
July 8th 07, 08:14 PM
On 8 Jul, 16:31, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 8 Jul, 02:39, bookie > wrote:

> > > That's real thoughtful of you
>
> > > Just put your cat on a leash, tell them it's a dog?
>
> > > If a cat was smart enough to walk around and be sociable in places
> > > like that, nobody would mind, we both know they would be hanging from
> > > some tent roof, or wrapped around something maarrrrrrrrrrooooowing and
> > > terrorizing.
>
> > > ah! signs of life
>
> > i suspect that jessie would just find a deckchair in the sunshine and
> > curl up and go to sleep, she is at all phased by people. terri would
> > be a very different matter though, she would probably be hiding under
> > the deckchairs, eyes as wide as saucers, then fall asleep for the rest
> > of the afternoon. certainly my old cat jasper woudl have taken the
> > whole thing in his stride
>
> > never going to happen but it is a nice mental picture for me, and I
> > certainly would not put either of them on a lead, just carry them in ,
> > take them to the best deckchair inthe sunniest spot and place them
> > there.- Hide quoted text -

> Wouldn't it make some eye's pop if you were to allow them to accompany
> you?
>
> There should be a members & pet enclosure. After all, if Blind dogs
> are allowed to accompany someone who is blind (lets face it, they are
> not going to see that much of the race, are they?) And before anyone
> gets on their high horse over the blind remark, bit might be worth
> knowing that I am only partially sighted myself. Why shouldn't other
> animals be allowed entrance?
>
> It would be nice for people to be allowed to let their pets accompany
> them, as long as they didn't distract from the races, & they were
> appropriately behaved, I see no reason why they should be banned.
>
> I got a text from an ex customer the other day to say that she was
> having a wonderful week at the seaside walking her cat along the prom
> (sea front.), on his harness. Apparently he enjoyed every moment of
> it!
>
> She couldn't bare the thought of leaving him in a cattery, so she took
> him with her. What a nice thing to do for both herself & also the
> cat's benefit..A good time was had by all :o)
>
> Sheelagh- Hide quoted text -

i coudl never leave my cat in a cattery, when i have been away and so
ahve my housemates i have arranged for someone to stay at our house to
look after them. the last time it was when we had jasper who was a
really chilled out cat (used to sit curled up on the front seat of my
car during trips to the evts, nothing worried him) and he woudl
probably have been perfectly ok with a trip to the seaside.

alot of cats are skittish when taken out of their territory but jasper
was not like, more concerned about being separated from me than
anything else, he woudl have loved going to henely this week and takne
it all in his stride.

there is a blind chap actually who is always at henley most years i
have been, he is called mark pollock, rows for trinity college dublin,
or at least he did. he lost his sight when he was student afte he
learnt to row, but since rowing is more about feel than anything (and
you can leave steering and looking where you are going up to the cox
or someone else) he continued rowing and has doen very well it seems,
raced at henley and all that. In previous years he has had a dog, but
today he just had his stick and a mate to lead him about, but i
suspect that they were probably as drunk as the other so it was really
a case of 'the blind drunk leading the blind' if you will excuse the
pun.

ok he can't see the racing itself but there are tannoys giving really
good commentary of the races as they go on, and i suspect that 90% of
the people who go to henley dont actually bother to watch any rowing
at all but go for the social side of things, the pimms, the banter
etc.

actually my friend who has a siamese actually has taken her cat on
holiday with her to the french alps, taken her out on walks etc (i
have the photos somewhere to prove it!). obviously they have a pet
passport for her and take her with them in the car and on the ferry,
and the family own their own chalet down in Alpe d'Huez so bringing
the cat or their dog with them in no issue as it is their second home
and they tend to spend a lot of time in winter there. i suppose as she
has started the cat off early with this trip and the general process
she has got used to it and doesn't get bothered by it too much. It
certainly solves the problem if putting her in a cattery for weeks on
end

bookie