PDA

View Full Version : Persistence with mats

---MIKE---
July 3rd 07, 12:22 AM
The past few years I have had to take Tiger to the vet to get
"de-matted". This required sedation which was expensive as well as
somewhat risky. This year I have tried to keep them under control.
Despite my efforts, he developed mats on both sides of his hips. He
won't let me use clippers or scissors on them. I finally found a way.
He loves to be brushed with the Zoom Groom so I brush his back with it
while attacking the mats with a wire brush. The brushing with the Zoom
Groom holds his attention so I can get in a few licks with the wire
brush. Today I finally got the last piece of the mat out.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Matthew
July 3rd 07, 12:45 AM
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
The past few years I have had to take Tiger to the vet to get
"de-matted". This required sedation which was expensive as well as
somewhat risky. This year I have tried to keep them under control.
Despite my efforts, he developed mats on both sides of his hips. He
won't let me use clippers or scissors on them. I finally found a way.
He loves to be brushed with the Zoom Groom so I brush his back with it
while attacking the mats with a wire brush. The brushing with the Zoom
Groom holds his attention so I can get in a few licks with the wire
brush. Today I finally got the last piece of the mat out.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Hey mike I used to have a problem with our Himalayans and their mats. I
used a flow be the do it yourself hair cut. I would brush them and run
this along them and it sucked up the hair and cut in the same process

bookie
July 3rd 07, 12:45 AM
On 3 Jul, 00:22, (---MIKE---) wrote:
> The past few years I have had to take Tiger to the vet to get
> "de-matted". This required sedation which was expensive as well as
> somewhat risky. This year I have tried to keep them under control.
> Despite my efforts, he developed mats on both sides of his hips. He
> won't let me use clippers or scissors on them. I finally found a way.
> He loves to be brushed with the Zoom Groom so I brush his back with it
> while attacking the mats with a wire brush. The brushing with the Zoom
> Groom holds his attention so I can get in a few licks with the wire
> brush. Today I finally got the last piece of the mat out.
>
> ---MIKE--->>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

well done

-L.
July 3rd 07, 09:26 AM
---MIKE--- wrote:
> The past few years I have had to take Tiger to the vet to get
> "de-matted". This required sedation which was expensive as well as
> somewhat risky. This year I have tried to keep them under control.
> Despite my efforts, he developed mats on both sides of his hips. He
> won't let me use clippers or scissors on them. I finally found a way.
> He loves to be brushed with the Zoom Groom so I brush his back with it
> while attacking the mats with a wire brush. The brushing with the Zoom
> Groom holds his attention so I can get in a few licks with the wire
> brush. Today I finally got the last piece of the mat out.
>

> ---MIKE---
> >>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Teflon-coated metal grooming comb - medium-toothed - is the only way
to prevent matts. Use it every-other day.

-L.