PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fourth Of July

Matthew
July 5th 07, 12:10 AM
Happy fourth of July to all those who celebrate it

Enjoy the BBQ and the fireworks

Have a safe and fun 4th

Remember protect the furballs tonight

I have been busy all day cooking and preparing for the store employees there
will be about 100 or more here soon. We are doing fried chicken it has
been soaked in butter milk and honey for over 12 hours and the crust has
paprika, oregano, with some other secret herbs. that is one of the item.
I took a break and let the helpers finish the small work I have been working
the last 3 days for this. Fireworks will be shot off I got permit and a
firefighter going to be here so it will be legal. We are using the
neighbors field it has been raining for the last 3 days so the ground is
soaked. I am telling every one tonight that I am retiring those who don't
make it will know at the meeting on Sunday.
Sorry I have been busy as you can tell Hope everyone is behaving or at
least pretending to :^)

Items on the list for tonight's blowout

Flank steak stuffed with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms
oysters, clams, mussels all soaked in a chardonnay brine
Blue crabs caught this morning
turkey legs injected with a honey base broth
chicken wings soaked in buttermilk covered in a honey BBQ sauce with smoke
chipotle chopped fresh
stuffed portabella mushrooms with blue crab meat
jerked pork skewer's with various fresh vegetables
roasted vegetables and corn on the cob done on the grill
BBQ ribs with Italian seasoning and my secret sauce
Coleslaw, macaroni salad, red potatoes salad
Mash potatoes mixed with baby spinach and roasted garlic
Country fried lamb skewers ( something I saw on food network)
Stuffed pork chops with cornbread with dried apricot
stuffed artichokes with goat cheese and rock shrimp
and of course hotdogs, ground chuck burgers and other various necessary BBQ
items

Well cooled off enough talk to everyone later back to cooking the guest are
starting to arrive

Everyone stay safe tonight got to go and have some fun

sheelagh
July 5th 07, 12:13 AM
On 5 Jul, 00:10, "Matthew" > wrote:
> Happy fourth of July to all those who celebrate it
>
> Enjoy the BBQ and the fireworks
>
> Have a safe and fun 4th
>
> Remember protect the furballs tonight
>
> I have been busy all day cooking and preparing for the store employees there
> will be about 100 or more here soon. We are doing fried chicken it has
> been soaked in butter milk and honey for over 12 hours and the crust has
> paprika, oregano, with some other secret herbs. that is one of the item.
> I took a break and let the helpers finish the small work I have been working
> the last 3 days for this. Fireworks will be shot off I got permit and a
> firefighter going to be here so it will be legal. We are using the
> neighbors field it has been raining for the last 3 days so the ground is
> soaked. I am telling every one tonight that I am retiring those who don't
> make it will know at the meeting on Sunday.
> Sorry I have been busy as you can tell Hope everyone is behaving or at
> least pretending to :^)
>
> Items on the list for tonight's blowout
>
> Flank steak stuffed with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms
> oysters, clams, mussels all soaked in a chardonnay brine
> Blue crabs caught this morning
> turkey legs injected with a honey base broth
> chicken wings soaked in buttermilk covered in a honey BBQ sauce with smoke
> chipotle chopped fresh
> stuffed portabella mushrooms with blue crab meat
> jerked pork skewer's with various fresh vegetables
> roasted vegetables and corn on the cob done on the grill
> BBQ ribs with Italian seasoning and my secret sauce
> Coleslaw, macaroni salad, red potatoes salad
> Mash potatoes mixed with baby spinach and roasted garlic
> Country fried lamb skewers ( something I saw on food network)
> Stuffed pork chops with cornbread with dried apricot
> stuffed artichokes with goat cheese and rock shrimp
> and of course hotdogs, ground chuck burgers and other various necessary BBQ
> items
>
> Well cooled off enough talk to everyone later back to cooking the guest are
> starting to arrive
>
> Everyone stay safe tonight got to go and have some fun

Happy Independence day.
Enjoy, to all those who take part.
Have a Blast!
Sheelagh

cybercat
July 5th 07, 04:49 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Happy fourth of July to all those who celebrate it
>[...]> Items on the list for tonight's blowout
>
> Flank steak stuffed with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms
> oysters, clams, mussels all soaked in a chardonnay brine
> Blue crabs caught this morning
> turkey legs injected with a honey base broth
> chicken wings soaked in buttermilk covered in a honey BBQ sauce with
> smoke chipotle chopped fresh
> stuffed portabella mushrooms with blue crab meat
> jerked pork skewer's with various fresh vegetables
> roasted vegetables and corn on the cob done on the grill
> BBQ ribs with Italian seasoning and my secret sauce
> Coleslaw, macaroni salad, red potatoes salad
> Mash potatoes mixed with baby spinach and roasted garlic
> Country fried lamb skewers ( something I saw on food network)
> Stuffed pork chops with cornbread with dried apricot
> stuffed artichokes with goat cheese and rock shrimp
> and of course hotdogs, ground chuck burgers and other various necessary
> BBQ
> items
>
> Well cooled off enough talk to everyone later back to cooking the guest
> are
> starting to arrive
>
> Everyone stay safe tonight got to go and have some fun

Goodness gracious, Matthew, that was some feast! It all sounds wonderful.
Hope you enjoyed it, I know you worked hard. This is the first year I didn't
cook in a long time, and when I did it was not anything as good as what you
did! We just shopped and ate steaks and such at Ruby Tuesday's, watched
fireworks then sat and visited. (I have a friend in from out of town.) It
was nice.

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
July 5th 07, 05:17 AM
Matthew wrote:
> Happy fourth of July to all those who celebrate it
>
> Enjoy the BBQ and the fireworks
>
> Have a safe and fun 4th
>
> Remember protect the furballs tonight
>

> I have been busy all day cooking and preparing for the store employees there
> will be about 100 or more here soon. We are doing fried chicken it has
> been soaked in butter milk and honey for over 12 hours and the crust has
> paprika, oregano, with some other secret herbs. that is one of the item.
> I took a break and let the helpers finish the small work I have been working
> the last 3 days for this. Fireworks will be shot off I got permit and a
> firefighter going to be here so it will be legal. We are using the
> neighbors field it has been raining for the last 3 days so the ground is
> soaked. I am telling every one tonight that I am retiring those who don't
> make it will know at the meeting on Sunday.
> Sorry I have been busy as you can tell Hope everyone is behaving or at
> least pretending to :^)
>
> Items on the list for tonight's blowout
>
> Flank steak stuffed with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms

Very nice

> oysters, clams, mussels all soaked in a chardonnay brine

Also very nice

> Blue crabs caught this morning

Hmmmmmmmm

> turkey legs injected with a honey base broth
> chicken wings soaked in buttermilk covered in a honey BBQ sauce with smoke
> chipotle chopped fresh
> stuffed portabella mushrooms with blue crab meat
> jerked pork skewer's with various fresh vegetables
> roasted vegetables and corn on the cob done on the grill
> BBQ ribs with Italian seasoning and my secret sauce
> Coleslaw, macaroni salad, red potatoes salad
> Mash potatoes mixed with baby spinach and roasted garlic
> Country fried lamb skewers ( something I saw on food network)

yum

> Stuffed pork chops with cornbread with dried apricot
> stuffed artichokes with goat cheese and rock shrimp

Shrimp??? oh yeah...

> and of course hotdogs, ground chuck burgers and other various necessary BBQ
> items

And to think the culinary highlight of my day was the 14 oz choice strip
that I grilled.

I was quite happy wth that though, washed down with some green beans and
beer.

> Well cooled off enough talk to everyone later back to cooking the guest are
> starting to arrive
>
> Everyone stay safe tonight got to go and have some fun

Matthew
July 5th 07, 08:37 PM
"Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message

> From: "Matthew" >
>
>>Happy fourth of July to all those who celebrate it
>
> And to you.
>
>>Enjoy the BBQ and the fireworks
>
> Here, It's a DVD on the couch with the wife, chicken soup,
> ice tea, grapefruit juice, Levaquin, Bromfed, and a fever of
> 100 (down from 103, yesterday)

Right back at you

See what happens when you play around with other woman ;-)

Matthew
July 5th 07, 08:52 PM
"Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in message
. ..
> Matthew wrote:
>> Happy fourth of July to all those who celebrate it
>>
>> Enjoy the BBQ and the fireworks
>>
>> Have a safe and fun 4th
>>
>> Remember protect the furballs tonight
>>

>> I have been busy all day cooking and preparing for the store employees
>> there
>> will be about 100 or more here soon. We are doing fried chicken it has
>> been soaked in butter milk and honey for over 12 hours and the crust has
>> paprika, oregano, with some other secret herbs. that is one of the
>> item.
>> I took a break and let the helpers finish the small work I have been
>> working
>> the last 3 days for this. Fireworks will be shot off I got permit and a
>> firefighter going to be here so it will be legal. We are using the
>> neighbors field it has been raining for the last 3 days so the ground is
>> soaked. I am telling every one tonight that I am retiring those who
>> don't
>> make it will know at the meeting on Sunday.
>> Sorry I have been busy as you can tell Hope everyone is behaving or at
>> least pretending to :^)
>>
>> Items on the list for tonight's blowout
>>
>> Flank steak stuffed with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms
>
> Very nice
>
>> oysters, clams, mussels all soaked in a chardonnay brine
>
> Also very nice
>
>> Blue crabs caught this morning
>
> Hmmmmmmmm
>
>> turkey legs injected with a honey base broth
>> chicken wings soaked in buttermilk covered in a honey BBQ sauce with
>> smoke
>> chipotle chopped fresh
>> stuffed portabella mushrooms with blue crab meat
>> jerked pork skewer's with various fresh vegetables
>> roasted vegetables and corn on the cob done on the grill
>> BBQ ribs with Italian seasoning and my secret sauce
>> Coleslaw, macaroni salad, red potatoes salad
>> Mash potatoes mixed with baby spinach and roasted garlic
>> Country fried lamb skewers ( something I saw on food network)
>
> yum
>
>> Stuffed pork chops with cornbread with dried apricot
>> stuffed artichokes with goat cheese and rock shrimp
>
> Shrimp??? oh yeah...

Florida Rock shrimp like mini lobsters
>> and of course hotdogs, ground chuck burgers and other various necessary
>> BBQ
>> items
>>

> And to think the culinary highlight of my day was the 14 oz choice strip
> that I grilled.

Don't get me started on recipes for a steak. Too many to talk about and it
will make me so hungry that I will put a chairt in front of the frig and pig
out again. I am not eating for at least 3 days after last night

> I was quite happy wth that though, washed down with some green beans and
> beer.

Next time something simple for you recipe I saw on tv that was very good

Toasted Almond Green Beans

1/2 pound fresh green beans
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 lemon, juiced

Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a 5-quart saucepan. While waiting for the
water to boil, trim ends off green beans. Place green beans in a colander or
steamer basket. Place colander over the boiling water and cover with a lid,
or place steamer basket in steamer and cover. Steam green beans for 2
minutes, or until crisp tender.
Meanwhile, place a non-stick small saute skillet over medium-high heat.
Without any oil, add almonds and toss them lightly while sauteing; dry saute
until almonds are toasty brown.

Remove almonds from heat and combine with green beans. Toss until well
mixed. Season, to taste, with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Serve warm.

serves 4 takes about 10 minutes to make 8 minute to bake

or a recipe from my favorite lady cook this is yummy. Dang I am hungry now

Micro-way-cool Bacon and Green Beans

Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Show: 30 Minute Meals
Episode: Another Helping of Comfort, Please

Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Yield: 6 servings

6 slices microwave ready-crisp bacon
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen green beans
A drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper

Place bacon between paper towels and microwave 60 seconds on high.
Cool bacon and chop or crumble it up.
Place green beans in a bowl and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil,
salt and pepper. Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap and microwave
green beans on high for 5 minutes, stir and cook 5 minutes more. Remove wrap
and top green beans with crumbled bacon.