PDA

View Full Version : Former Chinese Restaurant Employee Tells All

Sparrow
July 5th 07, 10:57 PM
Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org

rst0wxyz
July 6th 07, 12:21 AM
On Jul 5, 2:57 pm, Sparrow > wrote:
> Read all about it, here:http://Muvy.org

There was a very fancy French restaurant in San Francisco which has on
its menu veal dish for a long time, and customers ordered it and ate
it for a long time until an employee re(veal)ed that the veal was
actually pork. The restaurant had to admit it was true and offered to
refund part of the cost to past customers.

Omelet
July 6th 07, 05:24 PM
In article . com>,
rst0wxyz > wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2:57 pm, Sparrow > wrote:
> > Read all about it, here:http://Muvy.org
>
> There was a very fancy French restaurant in San Francisco which has on
> its menu veal dish for a long time, and customers ordered it and ate
> it for a long time until an employee re(veal)ed that the veal was
> actually pork. The restaurant had to admit it was true and offered to
> refund part of the cost to past customers.

That's funny. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

rst0wxyz
July 6th 07, 05:27 PM
On Jul 6, 9:24 am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article . com>,
>
> rst0wxyz > wrote:
> > On Jul 5, 2:57 pm, Sparrow > wrote:
> > > Read all about it, here:http://Muvy.org
>
> > There was a very fancy French restaurant in San Francisco which has on
> > its menu veal dish for a long time, and customers ordered it and ate
> > it for a long time until an employee re(veal)ed that the veal was
> > actually pork. The restaurant had to admit it was true and offered to
> > refund part of the cost to past customers.
>
> That's funny. ;-)

Why is it funny?

> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

Dusty Van
July 6th 07, 05:43 PM
Well, I sure won't be going to China for dinner amy time soon.
Dusty

"Sparrow" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Read all about it, here: http://Muvy.org

rst0wxyz
July 6th 07, 05:49 PM
On Jul 6, 9:43 am, "Dusty Van" > wrote:
> Well, I sure won't be going to China for dinner amy time soon.
> Dusty

Care to go to a French restaurant in the U.S.?

> "Sparrow" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > Read all about it, here:http://Muvy.org- Hide quoted text -

Omelet
July 6th 07, 06:22 PM
In article om>,
rst0wxyz > wrote:

> On Jul 6, 9:24 am, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article . com>,
> >
> > rst0wxyz > wrote:
> >
> > > There was a very fancy French restaurant in San Francisco which has on
> > > its menu veal dish for a long time, and customers ordered it and ate
> > > it for a long time until an employee re(veal)ed that the veal was
> > > actually pork. The restaurant had to admit it was true and offered to
> > > refund part of the cost to past customers.
> >
> > That's funny. ;-)
>
> Why is it funny?

An expensive restaurant substituting cheap stuff for the real thing...
and people falling for it.

There is a WORLD of difference in the texture of pork versus veal!

If they are too ignorant to tell the difference, they almost deserve to
be duped.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Dusty Van
July 6th 07, 11:24 PM
I'm not much into snails and stuff but I can tell ya I'd rather be tricked
into eating pork than a cat any day

"rst0wxyz" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jul 6, 9:43 am, "Dusty Van" > wrote:
>> Well, I sure won't be going to China for dinner amy time soon.
>> Dusty
>
> Care to go to a French restaurant in the U.S.?
>

>> "Sparrow" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...
>>

>> > Read all about it, here:http://Muvy.org- Hide quoted text -

rst0wxyz
July 7th 07, 02:46 AM
On Jul 6, 3:24 pm, "Dusty Van" > wrote:
> I'm not much into snails and stuff but I can tell ya I'd rather be tricked
> into eating pork than a cat any day

Isn't there an old saying that goes something like this:

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

It just so happened that dog and cat meat are considered a delicacy in
China. Oh!!! yes, I know, I know. We don't eat dog or cat meat.
Well, as one poster had already pointed out, dogs and cats are just
another animal like cow, pigs, chicken, lamb,...

> "rst0wxyz" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

kraut
July 7th 07, 01:32 PM
>On Jul 6, 3:24 pm, "Dusty Van" > wrote:
>> I'm not much into snails and stuff but I can tell ya I'd rather be tricked
>> into eating pork than a cat any day

>Isn't there an old saying that goes something like this:
>
> One man's trash is another man's treasure.
>
>It just so happened that dog and cat meat are considered a delicacy in
>China. Oh!!! yes, I know, I know. We don't eat dog or cat meat.
>Well, as one poster had already pointed out, dogs and cats are just
>another animal like cow, pigs, chicken, lamb,...

Well along those same lines what about people that keep rats for pets
and love them dearly?!?! But yet most us will put traps out to catch
and kill them sometimes in the most inhumane ways such as sticky paper
that keeps them stuck until they starve to death, or traps that will
break their necks, or I have even seen where people will set up a
contraption where they will fall in the water in a container and
drown!!!

Do not get me wrong!! I am not really for killing ANY living thing
but everyone has their own feeling / outlook about things.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ >}=

Dusty Van
July 8th 07, 03:29 PM
Well, as one poster had already pointed out, dogs and cats are just
> another animal like cow, pigs, chicken, lamb,...

Yeah and if you believe that just try serving a cow in India.

William Black
July 8th 07, 04:06 PM
"Dusty Van" > wrote in message
> Well, as one poster had already pointed out, dogs and cats are just
>> another animal like cow, pigs, chicken, lamb,...
>
> Yeah and if you believe that just try serving a cow in India.

Muslim restaurants serve beef in India.

Christian ones serve pork as well as beef...

Although the only place you'll get real beef rather than water buffalo will
probably be in Bombay.

What you can't get in India is 'sheep meat'. What they call mutton is
invariably goat.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

rst0wxyz
July 8th 07, 04:49 PM
On Jul 8, 8:06 am, "William Black" >
wrote:
> "Dusty Van" > wrote in message

> > Well, as one poster had already pointed out, dogs and cats are just
> >> another animal like cow, pigs, chicken, lamb,...
>
> > Yeah and if you believe that just try serving a cow in India.
>
> Muslim restaurants serve beef in India.
>
> Christian ones serve pork as well as beef...
>
> Although the only place you'll get real beef rather than water buffalo will
> probably be in Bombay.

As a child growing in rural Chinese village, water buffaloes worked
until they were too old to work, then slaughtered for meat. The meat
were as tough as leather, very difficult to eat even for a child. In
rural Chinese village, meat were ususally port, dog, chicken, fish,...

> What you can't get in India is 'sheep meat'. What they call mutton is
> invariably goat.

I don't remember seeing any goat, or had goat meat in China.