PDA

View Full Version : YAY!

CatNipped
July 6th 07, 12:11 AM
OK, having adopted *THREE* rescues, and having paid for adoption costs
(spay/neutering, vacs, etc.), vet visits, medicines (Clavamox, Albon, nose
drops), Revolution, and vaccines for all three, we were due a little good
Karma in return.

We were wondering where the heck we were going to get the funds to vaccinate
our resident three with FRCV vaccine before we start integrating the three
newbies (who all have feline herpesvirus/calicivirus, or URIs, that we
*DON'T* want our resident three go catch) when, out of the blue, DH's mother
sent us a check for $1,000. [She had given DH's sister her house after
Katrina (when she moved in with her sister), and she felt bad at having
given such a large gift to one sibling and not the other two.]

I now more firmly believe (all right, I've always believed) that you should
do what's right, despite the cost, and fate will lend a hand when you need
it most! After figuring in the adoption fees, vet costs for the newbies,
Revolution for all six cats, vaccinations/check-ups for the resident three,
and the follow-up visits/vaccinations for the kittens, $1,000 will just
about cover it perfectly!

Mind you, we would have found the funds somewhere, probably maxing out one
or more of our credit cards, but this windfall was *VERY* welcome!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

sheelagh
July 6th 07, 12:33 AM
On 6 Jul, 00:11, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> OK, having adopted *THREE* rescues, and having paid for adoption costs
> (spay/neutering, vacs, etc.), vet visits, medicines (Clavamox, Albon, nose
> drops), Revolution, and vaccines for all three, we were due a little good
> Karma in return.
>
> We were wondering where the heck we were going to get the funds to vaccinate
> our resident three with FRCV vaccine before we start integrating the three
> newbies (who all have feline herpesvirus/calicivirus, or URIs, that we
> *DON'T* want our resident three go catch) when, out of the blue, DH's mother
> sent us a check for $1,000. [She had given DH's sister her house after
> Katrina (when she moved in with her sister), and she felt bad at having
> given such a large gift to one sibling and not the other two.]
>
> I now more firmly believe (all right, I've always believed) that you should
> do what's right, despite the cost, and fate will lend a hand when you need
> it most! After figuring in the adoption fees, vet costs for the newbies,
> Revolution for all six cats, vaccinations/check-ups for the resident three,
> and the follow-up visits/vaccinations for the kittens, $1,000 will just
> about cover it perfectly!
>
> Mind you, we would have found the funds somewhere, probably maxing out one
> or more of our credit cards, but this windfall was *VERY* welcome!
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

I now more firmly believe (all right, I've always believed) that you
should
> do what's right, despite the cost, and fate will lend a hand when you need
> it most!

Nice one C.N..
I told you that good comes to those who are good, & here it comes all
ready just in time when your master's and little mistress needed it
most.
Kama has a way of working itself round in due course, & yours has just
arrived;o)
Enjoy, & love every moment of it, you deserve it more than most do!!
Sheelagh

solo
July 6th 07, 01:09 AM
CatNipped wrote:
> OK, having adopted *THREE* rescues, and having paid for adoption costs
> (spay/neutering, vacs, etc.), vet visits, medicines (Clavamox, Albon, nose
> drops), Revolution, and vaccines for all three, we were due a little good
> Karma in return.
>
> We were wondering where the heck we were going to get the funds to vaccinate
> our resident three with FRCV vaccine before we start integrating the three
> newbies (who all have feline herpesvirus/calicivirus, or URIs, that we
> *DON'T* want our resident three go catch) when, out of the blue, DH's mother
> sent us a check for $1,000. [She had given DH's sister her house after
> Katrina (when she moved in with her sister), and she felt bad at having
> given such a large gift to one sibling and not the other two.]
>
> I now more firmly believe (all right, I've always believed) that you should
> do what's right, despite the cost, and fate will lend a hand when you need
> it most! After figuring in the adoption fees, vet costs for the newbies,
> Revolution for all six cats, vaccinations/check-ups for the resident three,
> and the follow-up visits/vaccinations for the kittens, $1,000 will just
> about cover it perfectly!
>
> Mind you, we would have found the funds somewhere, probably maxing out one
> or more of our credit cards, but this windfall was *VERY* welcome!
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

cool deal, sounds like fun to me ;)

cybercat
July 6th 07, 02:20 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> I now more firmly believe (all right, I've always believed) that you
> should do what's right, despite the cost, and fate will lend a hand when
> you need it most!

It's true. congratulations, CN. People like you, who give so much, seem to
receive these gifts regularly, while the selfish, grasping types who never
think
of anyone but themselves and what they can get don't.

One of the great things in life.

Matthew
July 6th 07, 04:03 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> OK, having adopted *THREE* rescues, and having paid for adoption costs
> (spay/neutering, vacs, etc.), vet visits, medicines (Clavamox, Albon, nose
> drops), Revolution, and vaccines for all three, we were due a little good
> Karma in return.
>
> We were wondering where the heck we were going to get the funds to
> vaccinate our resident three with FRCV vaccine before we start integrating
> the three newbies (who all have feline herpesvirus/calicivirus, or URIs,
> that we *DON'T* want our resident three go catch) when, out of the blue,
> DH's mother sent us a check for $1,000. [She had given DH's sister her
> house after Katrina (when she moved in with her sister), and she felt bad
> at having given such a large gift to one sibling and not the other two.]
>
> I now more firmly believe (all right, I've always believed) that you
> should do what's right, despite the cost, and fate will lend a hand when
> you need it most! After figuring in the adoption fees, vet costs for the
> newbies, Revolution for all six cats, vaccinations/check-ups for the
> resident three, and the follow-up visits/vaccinations for the kittens,
> $1,000 will just about cover it perfectly!
>
> Mind you, we would have found the funds somewhere, probably maxing out one
> or more of our credit cards, but this windfall was *VERY* welcome!
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Lori I am a firm believer that things come back to you 3 times fold in both
good and bad. When you are least expecting it bam it will happen

Everyrtime I hear a happy story like this I think of this prayer

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated;
for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars;
for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

sheelagh
July 6th 07, 07:19 PM
On 6 Jul, 00:11, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> OK, having adopted *THREE* rescues, and having paid for adoption costs
> (spay/neutering, vacs, etc.), vet visits, medicines (Clavamox, Albon, nose
> drops), Revolution, and vaccines for all three, we were due a little good
> Karma in return.
>
> We were wondering where the heck we were going to get the funds to vaccinate
> our resident three with FRCV vaccine before we start integrating the three
> newbies (who all have feline herpesvirus/calicivirus, or URIs, that we
> *DON'T* want our resident three go catch) when, out of the blue, DH's mother
> sent us a check for $1,000. [She had given DH's sister her house after
> Katrina (when she moved in with her sister), and she felt bad at having
> given such a large gift to one sibling and not the other two.]
>
> I now more firmly believe (all right, I've always believed) that you should
> do what's right, despite the cost, and fate will lend a hand when you need
> it most! After figuring in the adoption fees, vet costs for the newbies,
> Revolution for all six cats, vaccinations/check-ups for the resident three,
> and the follow-up visits/vaccinations for the kittens, $1,000 will just
> about cover it perfectly!
>
> Mind you, we would have found the funds somewhere, probably maxing out one
> or more of our credit cards, but this windfall was *VERY* welcome!
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Lorrie,
sorry to trouble you., but when you can find the time to, is there any
chance that you could supply a link to that cat pen/s that you showed
me a few months ago when I was looking for inspiration re: cat pens?
( or should I say penthouses? ;o)

I have a lady who is looking a bit of inspiration right now because
she is just about to undertake the mammoth task of building her own. I
would really appreciate it if you could, but only when you have time
to. ( I imagine with your ready built new family & other family
members, you are rushed off your feet right now!!)
Things sound very busy @ yours, lol?!!!

Thanx in advance,
Sheelagh

CatNipped[_2_]
July 6th 07, 07:59 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 6 Jul, 00:11, "CatNipped" > wrote:
>> OK, having adopted *THREE* rescues, and having paid for adoption costs
>> (spay/neutering, vacs, etc.), vet visits, medicines (Clavamox, Albon,
>> nose
>> drops), Revolution, and vaccines for all three, we were due a little good
>> Karma in return.
>>
>> We were wondering where the heck we were going to get the funds to
>> vaccinate
>> our resident three with FRCV vaccine before we start integrating the
>> three
>> newbies (who all have feline herpesvirus/calicivirus, or URIs, that we
>> *DON'T* want our resident three go catch) when, out of the blue, DH's
>> mother
>> sent us a check for $1,000. [She had given DH's sister her house after
>> Katrina (when she moved in with her sister), and she felt bad at having
>> given such a large gift to one sibling and not the other two.]
>>
>> I now more firmly believe (all right, I've always believed) that you
>> should
>> do what's right, despite the cost, and fate will lend a hand when you
>> need
>> it most! After figuring in the adoption fees, vet costs for the newbies,
>> Revolution for all six cats, vaccinations/check-ups for the resident
>> three,
>> and the follow-up visits/vaccinations for the kittens, $1,000 will just
>> about cover it perfectly!
>>
>> Mind you, we would have found the funds somewhere, probably maxing out
>> one
>> or more of our credit cards, but this windfall was *VERY* welcome!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/
>
> Lorrie,
> sorry to trouble you., but when you can find the time to, is there any
> chance that you could supply a link to that cat pen/s that you showed
> me a few months ago when I was looking for inspiration re: cat pens?
> ( or should I say penthouses? ;o)
>
> I have a lady who is looking a bit of inspiration right now because
> she is just about to undertake the mammoth task of building her own. I
> would really appreciate it if you could, but only when you have time
> to. ( I imagine with your ready built new family & other family
> members, you are rushed off your feet right now!!)
> Things sound very busy @ yours, lol?!!!
>
> Thanx in advance,
> Sheelagh

Sorry Sheelagh, it wasn't me who provided you that link. If you can remember
what the subject was, or specific words, you can do a google search on this
group to find the post you're looking for.

Here's a search I did on "Cat Enclosure" - maybe it's one of these.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/search?group=rec.pets.cats.health%2Bbehav&q=cat+enclosure

or

http://tinyurl.com/yotwg4

Hugs,

CatNipped

sheelagh
July 7th 07, 12:08 AM
On 6 Jul, 19:59, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> [...]
> > chance that you could supply a link to that cat pen/s that you showed
> > me a few months ago when I was looking for inspiration re: cat pens?
> > ( or should I say penthouses? ;o)
>
> > I have a lady who is looking a bit of inspiration right now because
> > she is just about to undertake the mammoth task of building her own. I
> > would really appreciate it if you could, but only when you have time
> > to. ( I imagine with your ready built new family & other family
> > members, you are rushed off your feet right now!!)
> > Things sound very busy @ yours, lol?!!!
>
> > Thanx in advance,
> > Sheelagh
>
> Sorry Sheelagh, it wasn't me who provided you that link. If you can remember
> what the subject was, or specific words, you can do a google search on this
> group to find the post you're looking for.
>
> Here's a search I did on "Cat Enclosure" - maybe it's one of these.

Thank you, I appreciate that very much. I can't remember what the
thread was called, but no doubt if I go back through my own posts, I
will find it. I can remember the timescale roughly though. It was just
after my cat was shot with a BB gun ,so shouldn't be too hard to
find...
Loads of people came up with the most amazing amount of idea's and
every one of them was brill...
<radiating embarrassment here Lol>
sheelagh