PDA

View Full Version : Worming a pregnant Cat

sheelagh
July 7th 07, 01:25 PM
I have just bought some Panicure for kittens to worm the pair of
Tinkers that I have here (kittens!)
I decided to try it because it looked like an easy way of dosing each
kitty, which it was. I also have a pregnant mummy cat who looks like
she has about a week to go before she has her litter, & I would dearly
Love to worm her to give her kittens a chance,

However after reading the back of the packet and the instructions, it
tells me to give a graduation of the syringe per kilo of weight. What
it doesn't explain is whether this applies to pregnant queens as well.
does anyone know for sure so that I can worm her as quickly as
possible. I figure that if it is ok to give to kittens, it must be ok
to give to the mother. Is this correct?

silvercelt
July 7th 07, 04:18 PM
On 7 Jul, 13:25, sheelagh > wrote:
> I have just bought some Panicure for kittens to worm the pair of
> Tinkers that I have here (kittens!)
> I decided to try it because it looked like an easy way of dosing each
> kitty, which it was. I also have a pregnant mummy cat who looks like
> she has about a week to go before she has her litter, & I would dearly
> Love to worm her to give her kittens a chance,
>
> However after reading the back of the packet and the instructions, it
> tells me to give a graduation of the syringe per kilo of weight. What
> it doesn't explain is whether this applies to pregnant queens as well.
> does anyone know for sure so that I can worm her as quickly as
> possible. I figure that if it is ok to give to kittens, it must be ok
> to give to the mother. Is this correct?

you can use panacur to worm kittens you can get either sachets or oral
solution (in uk) and they can be given to queens

silvercelt
July 7th 07, 04:18 PM
On 7 Jul, 16:18, silvercelt > wrote:
> On 7 Jul, 13:25, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > I have just bought some Panicure for kittens to worm the pair of
> > Tinkers that I have here (kittens!)
> > I decided to try it because it looked like an easy way of dosing each
> > kitty, which it was. I also have a pregnant mummy cat who looks like
> > she has about a week to go before she has her litter, & I would dearly
> > Love to worm her to give her kittens a chance,
>
> > However after reading the back of the packet and the instructions, it
> > tells me to give a graduation of the syringe per kilo of weight. What
> > it doesn't explain is whether this applies to pregnant queens as well.
> > does anyone know for sure so that I can worm her as quickly as
> > possible. I figure that if it is ok to give to kittens, it must be ok
> > to give to the mother. Is this correct?
>
> you can use panacur to worm kittens you can get either sachets or oral
> solution (in uk) and they can be given to queens

on the sachets there are instructions for giving to queens

sheelagh
July 7th 07, 05:19 PM
On 7 Jul, 16:18, silvercelt > wrote:
> On 7 Jul, 13:25, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > I have just bought some Panicure for kittens to worm the pair of
> > Tinkers that I have here (kittens!)
> > I decided to try it because it looked like an easy way of dosing each
> > kitty, which it was. I also have a pregnant mummy cat who looks like
> > she has about a week to go before she has her litter, & I would dearly
> > Love to worm her to give her kittens a chance,
>
> > However after reading the back of the packet and the instructions, it
> > tells me to give a graduation of the syringe per kilo of weight. What
> > it doesn't explain is whether this applies to pregnant queens as well.
> > does anyone know for sure so that I can worm her as quickly as
> > possible. I figure that if it is ok to give to kittens, it must be ok
> > to give to the mother. Is this correct?
>
> you can use panacur to worm kittens you can get either sachets or oral
> solution (in uk) and they can be given to queens

Thank you.
The problem with the paste in the syringe is that there are no
instrucitons, & the mother is a feral, so I probably won't get the
chance to simply treat the kittens themselves. I was hoping to get her
done before the birth. I guess I am going to have to try & get some of
the granules & try & feed her separately instead. ( I have no idea
how, but it is worth a go.)
Thanks for the advice:o)
Sheelagh