PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Bottom Kitty

July 8th 07, 11:54 PM
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone out there could give us some advice. We
recently got a new kitten. She is 8 weeks old. We are feeding her the
same dry food as the shelter was (Nutro Complete Care Kitten). She's a
very cuddly kitten but cries a lot. I mean a lot. Pretty much anytime
you aren't holding her, she cries. She is getting better though.
However, I've noticed she has a very leaky bottom. Even if I wipe it
up, it is leaking a few minutes later. She's been having dirrahea too.
She is also not realiably using her litter box. Is this leaky bottom
stuff normal? Some have told me it is, but I am very stressed over
her. Any advice would be great!

Chantal

Gail
July 9th 07, 12:05 AM
It's not normal. she should see a vet. She may have parasites and need to be
wormed. Make sure you are not giving her milk.
Gail
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there could give us some advice. We
> recently got a new kitten. She is 8 weeks old. We are feeding her the
> same dry food as the shelter was (Nutro Complete Care Kitten). She's a
> very cuddly kitten but cries a lot. I mean a lot. Pretty much anytime
> you aren't holding her, she cries. She is getting better though.
> However, I've noticed she has a very leaky bottom. Even if I wipe it
> up, it is leaking a few minutes later. She's been having dirrahea too.
> She is also not realiably using her litter box. Is this leaky bottom
> stuff normal? Some have told me it is, but I am very stressed over
> her. Any advice would be great!
>
> Chantal

Mr Tanaka
July 9th 07, 10:25 AM
On Jul 8, 10:54 pm, wrote:

> you aren't holding her, she cries. She is getting better though.
> However, I've noticed she has a very leaky bottom. Even if I wipe it
> up, it is leaking a few minutes later. She's been having dirrahea too.
> She is also not realiably using her litter box. Is this leaky bottom
> stuff normal? Some have told me it is, but I am very stressed over
> her. Any advice would be great!
>
> Chantal

She's still developing, she can't feel or tell she's acting this way.
(leaking)...

Just hang in there, unless you suspect any sort of infection behind
the leakage.

I would think she will level out in under a couple of weeks.

Im sure you do, but mind your hands etc.. for cleanness after handling
poopee cat.
give her hug for us!

sheelagh
July 9th 07, 02:03 PM
On 9 Jul, 10:25, Mr Tanaka > wrote:
> On Jul 8, 10:54 pm, wrote:
>
> > you aren't holding her, she cries. She is getting better though.
> > However, I've noticed she has a very leaky bottom. Even if I wipe it
> > up, it is leaking a few minutes later. She's been having dirrahea too.
> > She is also not realiably using her litter box. Is this leaky bottom
> > stuff normal? Some have told me it is, but I am very stressed over
> > her. Any advice would be great!
>
> > Chantal
>
> She's still developing, she can't feel or tell she's acting this way.
> (leaking)...
>
> Just hang in there, unless you suspect any sort of infection behind
> the leakage.
>
> I would think she will level out in under a couple of weeks.
>
> Im sure you do, but mind your hands etc.. for cleanness after handling
> poopee cat.
> give her hug for us!

Please take her to the vet. It is not normal @ all, so the sooner you
get her seen, the sooner it will stop. It could be any number of
things, but I am not qualified to tell you what it is, where a vet is,
& he can see her too, to evaluate exactly what the problem is.

I would imagine that she has a very sore bottom which is what is
causing her to cry. Kittens naturally learn from thier mother how to
use the cat litter, so my guess is that kitty is associating the pain
of going & leaking with her cat- Litter. if this is the case, you can
understand why she is avoiding it, where she would normally use it
properly.
I wish you well, & good luck @ the vets too.
Sheelagh

July 10th 07, 03:47 AM
Thanks everyone!!!
She has been to the vet. She had already been dewormed, turns out the
shelter failed to mention our water here (we're new to town) is really
bad and she MUST have filtered water. She got a bacterial infection
but the medicine should clear it up! :)
Thanks again!

Chantal (and Kirby!)

cindys
July 10th 07, 04:55 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks everyone!!!
> She has been to the vet. She had already been dewormed, turns out the
> shelter failed to mention our water here (we're new to town) is really
> bad and she MUST have filtered water. She got a bacterial infection
> but the medicine should clear it up! :)
> Thanks again!
>
> Chantal (and Kirby!)
-----------
I just love happy endings! :-)
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
July 10th 07, 05:13 AM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Thanks everyone!!!
>> She has been to the vet. She had already been dewormed, turns out the
>> shelter failed to mention our water here (we're new to town) is really
>> bad and she MUST have filtered water. She got a bacterial infection
>> but the medicine should clear it up! :)
>> Thanks again!
>>
>> Chantal (and Kirby!)
> -----------
> I just love happy endings! :-)
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Just what I was thinking.

sheelagh
July 10th 07, 12:57 PM
On 8 Jul, 23:54, wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there could give us some advice. We
> recently got a new kitten. She is 8 weeks old. We are feeding her the
> same dry food as the shelter was (Nutro Complete Care Kitten). She's a
> very cuddly kitten but cries a lot. I mean a lot. Pretty much anytime
> you aren't holding her, she cries. She is getting better though.
> However, I've noticed she has a very leaky bottom. Even if I wipe it
> up, it is leaking a few minutes later. She's been having dirrahea too.
> She is also not realiably using her litter box. Is this leaky bottom
> stuff normal? Some have told me it is, but I am very stressed over
> her. Any advice would be great!
>
> Chantal

I'm pleased that you got to the bottom of it.
Here's to kitty getting better & enjoying life with you.
sheelagh

Gail
July 10th 07, 01:28 PM
GREAT that you took her and now have help for the problem!!
Gail
oups.com...