PDA

View Full Version : Question on Antibiotics

Melissa
July 10th 07, 07:42 PM
Hi -

I recently noticed that my cat has some discharge from his eye. It was
a little greenish. I'm pretty sure that it's his URI acting up. Right
now things are extremely tight. I don't have the money to take him in
to a vet. Is there anywhere I could get antibiotics that does not cost
a lot? Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do maybe naturopatically
(sp?) would be good too.

Thanks!
Melissa

cybercat
July 10th 07, 09:27 PM
"Melissa" > wrote in message
. net...
> Hi -
>
> I recently noticed that my cat has some discharge from his eye. It was a
> little greenish. I'm pretty sure that it's his URI acting up. Right now
> things are extremely tight. I don't have the money to take him in to a
> vet. Is there anywhere I could get antibiotics that does not cost a lot?
> Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do maybe naturopatically (sp?)
> would be good too.

Do what you would do if this were your child. A vet visit might cost $40.

Candace
July 11th 07, 03:58 AM
On Jul 10, 11:42 am, Melissa > wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I recently noticed that my cat has some discharge from his eye. It was
> a little greenish. I'm pretty sure that it's his URI acting up. Right
> now things are extremely tight. I don't have the money to take him in
> to a vet. Is there anywhere I could get antibiotics that does not cost
> a lot? Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do maybe naturopatically
> (sp?) would be good too.
>
> Thanks!
> Melissa

His URI is "acting up"? Does he get chronic URIs or something? Did
you call the vet and explain the problem? It's not usually much just
to go in and get abx. If you have a regular vet, they will generally
work with you in a situation like this...reduce the fee, let you pay
part now, and the rest later. If it is a URI, it will only get worse,
I would imagine.

Candace