PDA

View Full Version : What is the most high-maintenance part of a cat?

Cheryl
July 11th 07, 02:30 AM
My vote is the paws. *sigh*

--
Cheryl

Gandalf
July 11th 07, 07:05 AM
On 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl > wrote:

>My vote is the paws. *sigh*

Well...vet costs, which cover the whole cat...

dgk
July 11th 07, 01:30 PM
wrote:

>My vote is the paws. *sigh*

Butt. Well, that's the part that causes me to do the most work.

judas you
July 11th 07, 10:00 PM
On Jul 11, 1:30 am, Cheryl > wrote:
> My vote is the paws. *sigh*
>
> --
> Cheryl

lol, paws?

I thought all this scratching took care of them
they sure scratch enough

I can't cut my cats nails, they would never let me do it
I'm just not trained to handle them in this way

I did help a lady once, her cat's toenail had grown out and under the
pad...
the cat was limping. I gently pressed the cats knuckle, the claw came
out...
then the lady she clipped it. The lady was holding the cat and
clippers.

If I had some help I could do it. It can't be that much to pay
someone.
I've been wanting to get them cleaned real good anyway, all the winter
hair is coming off.

bookie
July 11th 07, 11:42 PM
On 11 Jul, 02:30, Cheryl > wrote:
> My vote is the paws. *sigh*
>
> --
> Cheryl

their fur, even with my 2 shorthaired divas it is a still a fight to
comb them and get rid of loose fur and stuff, i dread to think what
having a longahired is like

Lynne
July 12th 07, 02:11 AM
on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

> My vote is the paws. *sigh*

for me? Lip balm. ;-)

--
Lynne

dgk
July 13th 07, 01:10 PM
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:42:44 -0700, bookie >
wrote:

>On 11 Jul, 02:30, Cheryl > wrote:
>> My vote is the paws. *sigh*
>>
>> --
>> Cheryl
>
>their fur, even with my 2 shorthaired divas it is a still a fight to
>comb them and get rid of loose fur and stuff, i dread to think what
>having a longahired is like

My longhair Nipsy really doesn't shed much at all. In contrast, my
shorthaired Espy sheds just standing there. I can watch him and see
hair falling off. I can't believe he isn't bald yet.

Cheryl
July 14th 07, 01:50 AM
On Wed 11 Jul 2007 09:11:04p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
. 97.142>:

> on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl
> > wrote:
>
>> My vote is the paws. *sigh*
>
> for me? Lip balm. ;-)

I can believe that! At the time I posted this, I had yet another
cat with a paw problem. I don't mean claws (I can either clip
them, or wait and have the vet do them -- I don't stress that). I
just had Rhett in for a paw flare-up (his yearly, it is turning out
to be. Must be seasonal for him) and then Scarlett started licking
one of her paws more than usual. You can tell when it isn't normal
grooming. I looked over her paw and found what I thought was a
piece of kitty litter stuck on her paw, wiped it off and thought
that was the end of it. Well, she still wasn't leaving it alone.
No redness, no swelling, but obviously something bothering it. She
isn't limping, is playing, and nothing else seems amiss. The other
day I worked from home and could observe everyone, but of course
everyone slept during my work hours. Ah, must be the life being a
cat. Then yesterday she was still licking it alot. I've been
flushing it with a cleaning agent I got from our vet for Rhett's
paw problem. Her licking it is calming down, and if it didn't I
would suspect something other than a skin problem; something like a
twist or sprain because the vet mentioned that at Rhett's last
visit. That sometimes they will lick when it's something like
arthritis.

--
Cheryl

Sheelagh >o
July 14th 07, 12:54 PM
On 12 Jul, 02:11, Lynne > wrote:
> on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
> > My vote is the paws. *sigh*
>
> for me? Lip balm. ;-)
>
> --