PDA

View Full Version : OT -- boy with goat

Charlie Wilkes
July 11th 07, 05:22 AM
My tenants got 3 baby goats this spring because their daughter is
interested in them. One day she had a sort of party where she invited
all the other kids to come hang out with them. They have been kid-
handled almost since birth, and they are very friendly and docile. I
took some pictures, which I just now decided to look at, and I posted one
of them in alt.binaries.pictures.animals if anyone is interested.

Charlie

cybercat
July 11th 07, 04:01 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> My tenants got 3 baby goats this spring because their daughter is
> interested in them. One day she had a sort of party where she invited
> all the other kids to come hang out with them. They have been kid-
> handled almost since birth, and they are very friendly and docile. I
> took some pictures, which I just now decided to look at, and I posted one
> of them in alt.binaries.pictures.animals if anyone is interested.

Pretty sweet, Charlie. Your island sounds idyllic to me. All you need
is broadband and it would be perfect! Or satellite, do you get that?

Sheelagh >o
July 14th 07, 01:27 PM
On 11 Jul, 05:22, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> My tenants got 3 baby goats this spring because their daughter is
> interested in them. One day she had a sort of party where she invited
> all the other kids to come hang out with them. They have been kid-
> handled almost since birth, and they are very friendly and docile. I
> took some pictures, which I just now decided to look at, and I posted one
> of them in alt.binaries.pictures.animals if anyone is interested.
>
> Charlie

Thank you.
I think it is sweet too ;o)
Sheelagh

Sheelagh >o
July 14th 07, 01:38 PM
wrote:
> My tenants got 3 baby goats this spring because their daughter is
> interested in them. One day she had a sort of party where she invited
> all the other kids to come hang out with them. They have been kid-
> handled almost since birth, and they are very friendly and docile. I
> took some pictures, which I just now decided to look at, and I posted one
> of them in alt.binaries.pictures.animals if anyone is interested.
>
> Charlie

Sorry about the diversion Charlie, but I have been meaning to ask you
for some time how Tweaker is coping with flying these days? I remember
some time ago You posted about how he seemed to hate it & he drooled
whilst in flight... I'd love to know whether it worked or now as the
case might be?
Sheelagh

Charlie Wilkes
July 14th 07, 06:56 PM
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 05:38:34 -0700, Sheelagh >o< wrote:

> On 11 Jul, 05:22, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>> My tenants got 3 baby goats this spring because their daughter is
>> interested in them. One day she had a sort of party where she invited
>> all the other kids to come hang out with them. They have been kid-
>> handled almost since birth, and they are very friendly and docile. I
>> took some pictures, which I just now decided to look at, and I posted
>> one of them in alt.binaries.pictures.animals if anyone is interested.
>>
>> Charlie
>
> Sorry about the diversion Charlie, but I have been meaning to ask you
> for some time how Tweaker is coping with flying these days? I remember
> some time ago You posted about how he seemed to hate it & he drooled
> whilst in flight... I'd love to know whether it worked or now as the
> case might be?

He doesn't really hate it as far as I can tell. But he was overcome with
motion sickness a couple of times over the past winter.

This time of year the air is a lot less turbulent, and the last couple of
flights have been uneventful. There is a woman at the airport in
Bellingham who likes him and fusses over him, so I think he enjoys going
to the airport.

Thanks for your interest.

Charlie

Sheelagh >o
July 14th 07, 07:33 PM
On 14 Jul, 18:56, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 05:38:34 -0700, Sheelagh >o< wrote:
> > On 11 Jul, 05:22, Charlie Wilkes >
> > wrote:
> >> My tenants got 3 baby goats this spring because their daughter is
> >> interested in them. One day she had a sort of party where she invited
> >> all the other kids to come hang out with them. They have been kid-
> >> handled almost since birth, and they are very friendly and docile. I
> >> took some pictures, which I just now decided to look at, and I posted
> >> one of them in alt.binaries.pictures.animals if anyone is interested.
>
> >> Charlie
>
> > Sorry about the diversion Charlie, but I have been meaning to ask you
> > for some time how Tweaker is coping with flying these days? I remember
> > some time ago You posted about how he seemed to hate it & he drooled
> > whilst in flight... I'd love to know whether it worked or now as the
> > case might be?
>
> He doesn't really hate it as far as I can tell. But he was overcome with
> motion sickness a couple of times over the past winter.
>
> This time of year the air is a lot less turbulent, and the last couple of
> flights have been uneventful. There is a woman at the airport in
> Bellingham who likes him and fusses over him, so I think he enjoys going
> to the airport.
>
> Thanks for your interest.
>
> Charlie- Hide quoted text -

I think Tweaker is a very intelligent cat then.
(he he he ;o)

Not every cat can attract a woman's attention so easily,.
You must give him a scritch behind his ears for me if you would, being
such a clever cat.
You never know, perhaps by next fall, he might have her eating out of
her palm, so to speak & get her to accompany him on flight to make him
feel better LOL
He is one very clever cat...

Sheelagh >"o"<

Good to hear that he doesn't feel like that every time you have to fly
though

Charlie Wilkes
July 14th 07, 10:36 PM
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:33:54 -0700, Sheelagh >o< wrote:

> I think Tweaker is a very intelligent cat then. (he he he ;o)
>
> Not every cat can attract a woman's attention so easily,. You must give
> him a scritch behind his ears for me if you would, being such a clever
> cat.
> You never know, perhaps by next fall, he might have her eating out of
> her palm, so to speak & get her to accompany him on flight to make him
> feel better LOL
> He is one very clever cat...

I don't think of him as clever, but his calm nature allows for some
special treatment. If anyone at the airport shows an interest in him, I
open the door to his carrier and invite them to pet him or pick him up.
He loves it. When the plane is ready, he goes right back in the carrier,
never any fuss.

Charlie

Sheelagh >o
July 14th 07, 11:08 PM
On 14 Jul, 22:36, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:33:54 -0700, Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>
> > I think Tweaker is a very intelligent cat then. (he he he ;o)
>
> > Not every cat can attract a woman's attention so easily,. You must give
> > him a scritch behind his ears for me if you would, being such a clever
> > cat.
> > You never know, perhaps by next fall, he might have her eating out of
> > her palm, so to speak & get her to accompany him on flight to make him
> > feel better LOL
> > He is one very clever cat...
>
> I don't think of him as clever, but his calm nature allows for some
> special treatment. If anyone at the airport shows an interest in him, I
> open the door to his carrier and invite them to pet him or pick him up.
> He loves it. When the plane is ready, he goes right back in the carrier,
> never any fuss.
>
> Charlie

Well, whatever you wish to call it, I think he is one cool Puddy- Cat.

He sounds really nice. Now that I have seen photos of him I can
visualise in my minds eye & imagine exactly how he would look when you
take him flying. You have done a great job between you. I can't
imagine that you get flustered very easily, so I would assume that he
has learnt this trait through you? And, that life can be good without
the need for melodrama. He does Dogs, he does Goats, & he does humans
too
( who can be far worse than petulant noisy children& adults for that
matter!!)

In my book, that is a very good personal character trait in a cat.
Well done.
The main thing of course is, did he get that scritch behind the left
ear in particular, & one underneath his chin, finished off with a
whisker weave on the right side? Detail is so important when handing
out cuddles in the right manner.

Nice one Charlie,
Sheelagh >"o"<