PDA

View Full Version : OT Body Language


Matthew
July 11th 07, 07:18 AM
Body Language

A Russian woman married a Canadian gentleman and they lived happily in
Toronto. However, the poor woman was not very proficient in English,
although she did manage to communicate with her husband.

The real problem arose whenever she had to shop for groceries. One day,
she went to the butcher and wanted to buy chicken legs. She didn't know
how to put forward her request, and in desperation, she clucked like a
chicken and lifted up her skirt to show her thighs.

Her butcher got the message, and gave her the chicken legs.

Next day, she needed to get chicken breasts. Again, she didn't know how
to say it, so she clucked like a chicken and unbuttoned her blouse to
show the butcher her breasts!

The butcher understood again, and gave her some chicken breasts.

On the 3rd day, the poor lady needed to buy sausages. Unable to find a
way to communicate this, she brought her husband to the store...

(Please scroll down)















What were you thinking?

Hellooooooo, her husband speaks English!

Now get back to your emails !!!!!!!!

Geeee!, I don't know about some of you!

Lynne
July 12th 07, 02:16 AM
on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:18:52 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> What were you thinking?
>
> Hellooooooo, her husband speaks English!
>
> Now get back to your emails !!!!!!!!
>
> Geeee!, I don't know about some of you!
>

Haha, you got me!

I don't have a lot of 'net time lately with the new 'baby' in the house...
so glad I clicked this one. :)

--
Lynne

Sheelagh >o
July 14th 07, 01:31 PM
On 12 Jul, 02:16, Lynne > wrote:
> on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:18:52 GMT, "Matthew" >
> wrote:
>
> > What were you thinking?
>
> > Hellooooooo, her husband speaks English!
>
> > Now get back to your emails !!!!!!!!
>
> > Geeee!, I don't know about some of you!
>
> Haha, you got me!
>
> I don't have a lot of 'net time lately with the new 'baby' in the house...
> so glad I clicked this one. :)
>
> --
> Lynne

New Baby...?
I missed something here Lynne???
Please share :o)
Sheelagh

Lynne
July 15th 07, 05:20 PM
on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:31:33 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
> wrote:

> New Baby...?
> I missed something here Lynne???
> Please share :o)
> Sheelagh
>

New puppy! 9 weeks old, from Golden Retriever rescue.

http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/Hendrix

There will be new photos up sometime tonight. :)

--
Lynne

cybercat
July 15th 07, 05:27 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:31:33 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
> > wrote:
>
>> New Baby...?
>> I missed something here Lynne???
>> Please share :o)
>> Sheelagh
>>
>
> New puppy! 9 weeks old, from Golden Retriever rescue.
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/Hendrix
>
> There will be new photos up sometime tonight. :)
>

Yay!

Sheelagh >o
July 15th 07, 06:52 PM
On Jul 15, 5:20 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:31:33 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
>
> > wrote:
> > New Baby...?
> > I missed something here Lynne???
> > Please share :o)
> > Sheelagh
>
> New puppy! 9 weeks old, from Golden Retriever rescue.
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/Hendrix
>
> There will be new photos up sometime tonight. :)
>
> --
> Lynne

Excellent news. I am delighted for you too.

Of course the overriding question here is, How is, how is our little
lip sucker taking all of this on board, Lol? I hope his furry little
nose isn't even slightly out of joint?
I can't imagine Levis or Ruddie feeling that way, but it is a
consideration that you must have had to think about before going
ahead. My guess is that this is just one more friend for him to play
with. Am I right, or, Am I right?

Congrats to you all, it is wonderful to hear you have another new
family member. Scritches all around from me please as you pass each
one of them, & look forward to the photos as well,
sheelagh >"o"<

Lynne
July 15th 07, 11:48 PM
on Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:52:18 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
> wrote:

> Of course the overriding question here is, How is, how is our little
> lip sucker taking all of this on board, Lol? I hope his furry little
> nose isn't even slightly out of joint?
> I can't imagine Levis or Ruddie feeling that way, but it is a
> consideration that you must have had to think about before going
> ahead. My guess is that this is just one more friend for him to play
> with. Am I right, or, Am I right?

Levi isn't really happy about the new pup, but he's shy and is starting to
let his curiosity override that. It's just going to take time. Rudy,
OTOH, was all over Hendrix as soon as we brought him in the door. Puppies
are clumsy and he's run into Rudy a few times, but Rudy takes it's all in
stride. Rudy loves everyone. :)

Cyber, new pics are up, but mostly just of Hendrix playing with my other
dog, Roxy. They love each other!!

--
Lynne

cybercat
July 16th 07, 12:10 AM
"Lynne" > wrote
>
> Cyber, new pics are up, but mostly just of Hendrix playing with my other
> dog, Roxy. They love each other!!
>

arrrrghhhhle! I'm choking here!

Look at this FACE!

http://tinyurl.com/ywplpz



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

cybercat
July 16th 07, 12:12 AM
"Lynne" > wrote
>
> Cyber, new pics are up, but mostly just of Hendrix playing with my other
> dog, Roxy. They love each other!!

Also this one, the Big Ferocious Puppy!

http://tinyurl.com/yohuvj



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Sheelagh >o
July 16th 07, 12:17 AM
On 15 Jul, 23:48, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:52:18 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
>
> > wrote:
> > Of course the overriding question here is, How is, how is our little
> > lip sucker taking all of this on board, Lol? I hope his furry little
> > nose isn't even slightly out of joint?
> > I can't imagine Levis or Ruddie feeling that way, but it is a
> > consideration that you must have had to think about before going
> > ahead. My guess is that this is just one more friend for him to play
> > with. Am I right, or, Am I right?
>
> Levi isn't really happy about the new pup, but he's shy and is starting to
> let his curiosity override that. It's just going to take time. Rudy,
> OTOH, was all over Hendrix as soon as we brought him in the door. Puppies
> are clumsy and he's run into Rudy a few times, but Rudy takes it's all in
> stride. Rudy loves everyone. :)
>
> Cyber, new pics are up, but mostly just of Hendrix playing with my other
> dog, Roxy. They love each other!!
>
> --
> Lynne

> Levi isn't really happy about the new pup, but he's shy and is starting to
> let his curiosity override that. It's just going to take time. Rudy,
> OTOH, was all over Hendrix as soon as we brought him in the door. Puppies
> are clumsy and he's run into Rudy a few times, but Rudy takes it's all in
> stride. Rudy loves everyone. :)

Awwwh... Poor little Levis. I can just imagine him sulking & looking
for extra lip for reassurance, & to make sure that mummy still loves
him despite the nasty "pretty" doggy who is taking up all of his
personal mummy time....

Funny how this sort of thing can set insecurities off, isn't it?

A bit like 2nd child syndrome. ( From mummy's point of view)
You never think that you can find it in your heart to love another
child as much as you love the first one, yet when the time comes, you
*do* have all that love to spare, but just for different reasons....
>From the child/ kitty's point of view, they *Need* to know that they
are still just as important to you.
Yet, however annoying it can feel,(because you know you do), you also
know that you have to find the time if only to set their minds at
rest. Levis will be fine all in good time. He simply has to let his
curiosity take over, to appreciate just how close Hendrix will become
when he allows him to.

I'm delighted that Rudy is happy to see more company around. Hopefully
it will lead / allow Levis let his walls down & let Hendrix in too.
Levis trusts Rudy, so with any luck, he will see that his judgement is
not clouded, & If Rudy is prepared to let him be friends, then in
time, so will Levis as well.

> Cyber, new pics are up, but mostly just of Hendrix playing with my other
> dog, Roxy. They love each other!!

Even better news that Roxy is equally delighted too
Don't you just Luuurve happy stories?
I know that I do

I take it that I have no need at all to ask if your daughter is happy
with your new addition to your family, & that he is curled around her
right now, all in the name of Puppy-defence of course, Lol ;o)

Links...PLEASE...???#@!!?#
(with a nice fat red cherry on top, Lol ;o)
Congratulations to you all....
Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh >o
July 16th 07, 12:29 AM
On 16 Jul, 00:12, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Lynne" > wrote
>
>
>
> > Cyber, new pics are up, but mostly just of Hendrix playing with my other
> > dog, Roxy. They love each other!!
>
> Also this one, the Big Ferocious Puppy!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yohuvj
>
> --
> Posted via a free Usenet account fromhttp://www.teranews.com

Yup, A total guard puppy,...you can see that straight away ( ha ha).
Soz Lynne, no need for link, now I have found them.

I'm not even a doggy freak, but this one has me melted like a bowl of
chocolate ice cream. the title simply has to be:

"OK, if someone doesn't play with me, I'm taking my ball home"

http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/Hendrix/photo#5084847425718089026
Wonderful! I'm SO pleased for you all.

Is it just me, or is he going to be a HUGE Doggy. If he is only 8weeks
old, I think you have a Giant Labrador there, Lol ;o)
Sheelagh

Lynne
July 16th 07, 12:29 AM
on Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:10:25 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> arrrrghhhhle! I'm choking here!
>
> Look at this FACE!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ywplpz

He's a great puppy! Already seems to have the hang of house training, and
he LOVES his people and his new big sister, Roxy. He really likes Rudy and
would love to get to know Levi... Hopefully soon, whenever Levi is ready.
Today he stopped running away when the puppy appeared in a room and he'll
stay on his chair or whatever other perch now. Progress!

The really good news is that Levi had only a very mild outbreak of herpes
after the pup came home, and he's fine now. I was really nervous about
that.

--
Lynne

Lynne
July 16th 07, 12:35 AM
on Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:29:25 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
> wrote:

> Is it just me, or is he going to be a HUGE Doggy. If he is only 8weeks
> old, I think you have a Giant Labrador there, Lol ;o)

No idea how big he'll get. His mama is a Golden Retriever and his daddy
could be anything (we're thinking Lab, but you never know). We met a
Golden Retriever pup this weekend who is 2 days younger than Hendrix and
about 15% bigger. That pup's daddy is very large, so if that can be a
gauge, he may be anywhere from 55-80 lbs. Hehe. Roxy is 35 lbs, BTW and
right now Hendrix is probably 12 lbs. He just looks bigger in some of
those photos.

--
Lynne