PDA

View Full Version : Traveling Kitty

Suzanne[_2_]
July 11th 07, 09:14 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience commuting with cats?

Due to work changes this fall I am looking at staying in the city four
nights a week and returning home for the weekend (with Suki in tow).
I am concerned about cat's adaptability and how living in two homes
might affect her.

Any thoughts, feedback, experiences, etc are welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

Suzanne

Rene S.
July 12th 07, 02:51 PM
I think it depends on the cat's personality. If you have an outgoing,
curious cat, she should be fine with the change of homes. If she's shy
and quiet, she might not like it. It might also depend on how much
traveling and socialization she had as a kitten. You can only try it
once or twice and see how she does. If she's clearly traumatized and
hides under the bed, you know to keep her in one location.

barb
July 12th 07, 03:15 PM
I was watching a show on the Home and Garden channel where this family with
a toddler spent part of the week at their vacation home and they took their
cat along all the time. The cat rode in a travel case and the whole thing
seemed to work out fine.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Suzanne[_2_]
July 13th 07, 05:09 PM
On Jul 12, 6:51 am, "Rene S." > wrote:
> I think it depends on the cat's personality. If you have an outgoing,
> curious cat, she should be fine with the change of homes. If she's shy
> and quiet, she might not like it. It might also depend on how much
> traveling and socialization she had as a kitten. You can only try it
> once or twice and see how she does. If she's clearly traumatized and
> hides under the bed, you know to keep her in one location.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. :) Why is it that when it comes to our own
sweet-peas the obvious answers fly right out the window (like doing a
few test runs).

Suki and will take a couple of trips over the next month and see how
it goes.

Thanks again,

Suzanne