PDA

View Full Version : Help with Cat personality change

whumphrey
July 12th 07, 01:09 AM
My one year old is an inside-outside cat.

Recently she has become afraid of everything. She jumps at any sudden
movement or sound.

She had a drastic personality change also. Examples: Sleeps in a secluded
place away from everyone.

No longer begs for food. Will go outside only when forced. And a few others.

Please help!!!

Matthew
July 12th 07, 01:17 AM
"whumphrey" > wrote in message
> My one year old is an inside-outside cat.
>
> Recently she has become afraid of everything. She jumps at any sudden
> movement or sound.
>
> She had a drastic personality change also. Examples: Sleeps in a secluded
> place away from everyone.
>
> No longer begs for food. Will go outside only when forced. And a few
> others.
>
> Please help!!!

Sounds like something scared her outside let her stay in for awhile. If
you must let her out let her do it on her own

cybercat
July 12th 07, 01:17 AM
"whumphrey" > wrote in message
> My one year old is an inside-outside cat.
>
> Recently she has become afraid of everything. She jumps at any sudden
> movement or sound.
>
> She had a drastic personality change also. Examples: Sleeps in a secluded
> place away from everyone.
>
> No longer begs for food. Will go outside only when forced. And a few
> others.
>
> Please help!!!

Please stop forcing your cat to go outside. What is wrong with you??
Let her stay in where she is safe. ANYTHING might have happened
when she was outside. That is the problem with outside. Ugh.

Why would you EVER force your cat to go outside????

Rene S.
July 12th 07, 02:49 PM
Please call a vet and make an appointment for a checkup. It's possible
she's not feeling well. Sleeping in secluded areas and not eating as
much could be signs of illness. Also, please keep her indoors since
she doesn't seem to want to go. Something could have happened outside
that's frightened her.