PDA

View Full Version : new cat agression

fever
July 13th 07, 03:25 PM
We have two cats that have grown up together since they were kittens (they are 4 now). Prior to this morning they have been nothing but playful towards each other. But this morning they fought and it got very ugly. They are both right now in separate cat carriers in separate rooms. What do I do now?

Rene S.
July 13th 07, 09:06 PM
On Jul 13, 9:25 am, fever > wrote:
> We have two cats that have grown up together since they were kittens
> (they are 4 now). Prior to this morning they have been nothing but
> playful towards each other. But this morning they fought and it got
> very ugly. They are both right now in separate cat carriers in separate
> rooms. What do I do now?

I would keep them separate for a couple of days and s-l-o-w-l-y
reintroduce them. Let each cat have a separate room. Rub a towel on
each cat and leave it for the other cat to smell. Feed them treats
under a door so they can smell each other. Start swapping the rooms
they are in so they can get used to the smells.

Do you know anything that might have gotten one or both of them upset?
Strange cat or other animal outside? A visitor or new person?

Take it slow and be patient. I have been through this and it takes
time. You can do it!

fever
July 17th 07, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the advice. We moved into a new house about 2 months ago and there are a lot of cats in the new neighborhood. What do you think about putting them in separate cat carriers and leaving them in the same room together? Right now, they hiss every time they see each other through a cracked door.