PDA

View Full Version : Homeopathy for Cats

Muddypaws
July 13th 07, 07:28 PM
Hi, I have a female cat which I inherited from a previous owner whose
dog bullied her.She has just gone one, I have had her neutered, and
she has her own little box to sleep in as she needs a bolthole when
she gets upset.

SHe is not an affectionate cat, but when you do stroke her she is very
vocal. She eats well, but I get the feeling she is always on edge,
stressed and not a clam cat. I can now pick her up and she does purr
when I do, but does keep you at arms lenght. The main thing with her
is that she has terrible diahoreah (sp), and have taken her to the vet
who gave her oxycare 50mg tabs and they have done nothing to help, can
you recommend an alternative to make her more solid and a little
happier

Rene S.
July 13th 07, 09:01 PM
> SHe is not an affectionate cat, but when you do stroke her she is very
> vocal. She eats well, but I get the feeling she is always on edge,
> stressed and not a clam cat. I can now pick her up and she does purr
> when I do, but does keep you at arms lenght. The main thing with her
> is that she has terrible diahoreah (sp), and have taken her to the vet
> who gave her oxycare 50mg tabs and they have done nothing to help, can
> you recommend an alternative to make her more solid and a little
> happier

What kind of food is she on? This might be the cause of her runny
stools. Try a high-quality canned diet and see if that helps. I know
some people have used acidolphilis (sp) tablets to increase the good
bacteria in the digestive tract.

For her anxiety, have you tried Rescue Remedy? You can put it in her
water. Here's a good article about bach flower remedies for pets.
DON'T use tea tree oil on cats, however. It is toxic!
http://www.allourpets.com/holistic/bach-essences.shtml