PDA

View Full Version : How To Introduce a Second Cat

javawizard
July 14th 07, 11:18 PM
If you have to introduce a second cat into your house, your first
kitty cat may have trouble getting used to the new intruder. If you
put a little perfume on both cats, so that they will smell the same as
each other, they will trust each other more. - from the Cats section
of www.odd-info.com

MaryL
July 15th 07, 03:39 AM
"javawizard" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> If you have to introduce a second cat into your house, your first
> kitty cat may have trouble getting used to the new intruder. If you
> put a little perfume on both cats, so that they will smell the same as
> each other, they will trust each other more. - from the Cats section
> of www.odd-info.com

This is often a successful technique. However, it's better to use a small
amount of vanilla on each cat instead of perfume. (Think about how
sensitive a cat's sense of smell is.)

MaryL

Sheelagh >o
July 15th 07, 04:18 AM
On 15 Jul, 03:39, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "javawizard" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > If you have to introduce a second cat into your house, your first
> > kitty cat may have trouble getting used to the new intruder. If you
> > put a little perfume on both cats, so that they will smell the same as
> > each other, they will trust each other more. - from the Cats section
> > ofwww.odd-info.com
>
> This is often a successful technique. However, it's better to use a small
> amount of vanilla on each cat instead of perfume. (Think about how
> sensitive a cat's sense of smell is.)
>
> MaryL

I have never heard of this one before, but It does all make sense.
Thank you for that one. I will try that one out if I find myself in
that position again. I think it could work very well indeed,( which is
pretty inevitable actually.)......
Sheelagh >"o"<