PDA

View Full Version : Kitten drinking Puppy Milk?

cybercat
July 15th 07, 06:12 PM
At the yahoo home page there is a story about a panther newborn nursing from
a dog because her mother rejected her.

I was thinking, these are two different species, how will this affect her?

Is there a big difference nutritionally between cat and dog milk?

Sheelagh >o
July 16th 07, 03:57 AM
On 15 Jul, 18:12, "cybercat" > wrote:
> At the yahoo home page there is a story about a panther newborn nursing from
> a dog because her mother rejected her.
>
> I was thinking, these are two different species, how will this affect her?
>
> Is there a big difference nutritionally between cat and dog milk?

I'm not sure.
I will ask my neighbor tomorrow, because she is a vet & should know.
Interesting thought though. &, Very thought provoking isn't it?

Sheelagh

Sherry
July 16th 07, 07:12 PM
On Jul 15, 12:12 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> At the yahoo home page there is a story about a panther newborn nursing from
> a dog because her mother rejected her.
>
> I was thinking, these are two different species, how will this affect her?
>
> Is there a big difference nutritionally between cat and dog milk?

Weird. That's a good question. I've noticed that there are separate
KMR formulas
for dogs and cats.

Sherry

CatNipped[_2_]
July 17th 07, 07:40 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> At the yahoo home page there is a story about a panther newborn nursing
> from a dog because her mother rejected her.
>
> I was thinking, these are two different species, how will this affect her?
>
> Is there a big difference nutritionally between cat and dog milk?

I don't know for sure - I've seen animals nursing other species on Animal
Planet. Off the top of my head though would be to question if there were
enough taurine in a dog's milk.

Hugs,

CatNipped