PDA

View Full Version : moving

Leonid Gluhovsky
July 16th 07, 09:40 AM
Hello,

I have three indoor-outdoor cats. They are 5-7 years old. I'm
thinking of moving to another place, which is one mile away from
where I live now. I'll keep the cats indoors at the new place
for a month, but after that I would like to let them go out again.
Will they go back to their original place and stay there, or
will they stay at the new place?

Thank you,

leonid

T C MCKEAN
July 16th 07, 10:50 AM
"Leonid Gluhovsky" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Hello,
>
> I have three indoor-outdoor cats. They are 5-7 years old. I'm
> thinking of moving to another place, which is one mile away from
> where I live now. I'll keep the cats indoors at the new place
> for a month, but after that I would like to let them go out again.
> Will they go back to their original place and stay there, or
> will they stay at the new place?
>
> Thank you,
>
> leonid

It has been my experience it may take careful vigiance on your part for them
not to stray back to their original territory. I had the same situation you
have and My cat was fine for two days then was gone for a week. I went back
to my old address and called out for him and as I got in my car to leave
pulling out he crawled out from under a bush and came to me. I got too
woried about loosing him to risk it again. he has been a mostly indoor cat
since.

Tina