PDA

View Full Version : Tayla Update

CatNipped
July 17th 07, 01:24 AM
Thank goodness, it's definitely not Hypertrophic Myocardiopathy or a heart
murmur. Dr. French listened to her heart for a full 5 minutes and heard no
trace of a problem - he said her heartbeat rate was normal and there was no
irregularities.

What it could be? Her URI stuffing up her nose, a touch of asthma (although
her lungs sounded clear), she's overweight (she gained 1.25 pounds in the
three weeks I've had her - she starts her diet tomorrow!), or [and I just
read this in an old Cat Fancy magazine* while I was waiting] some cats pant
like that when they are "killing" a bird (and I've only noticed this
behavior when I'm playing with her with the feathered wand).

* A reader wrote in to the vet expert that her cat got overly aggressive
when playing with a feathered want (and not with any other toy), and one of
the behaviors he exhibited was excited panting.

The verdict is that I'll keep an eye on her and if there's any listlessness
or other indications that she's feeling unwell (and she is not currently
exhibiting *ANY* symptoms of illness), I'll bring her back in for x-rays and
other tests.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

July 17th 07, 01:30 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Thank goodness, it's definitely not Hypertrophic Myocardiopathy or a heart
> murmur. Dr. French listened to her heart for a full 5 minutes and heard
> no trace of a problem - he said her heartbeat rate was normal and there
> was no irregularities.
>
> What it could be? Her URI stuffing up her nose, a touch of asthma
> (although her lungs sounded clear), she's overweight (she gained 1.25
> pounds in the three weeks I've had her - she starts her diet tomorrow!),
> or [and I just read this in an old Cat Fancy magazine* while I was
> waiting] some cats pant like that when they are "killing" a bird (and I've
> only noticed this behavior when I'm playing with her with the feathered
> wand).
>
> * A reader wrote in to the vet expert that her cat got overly aggressive
> when playing with a feathered want (and not with any other toy), and one
> of the behaviors he exhibited was excited panting.
>
> The verdict is that I'll keep an eye on her and if there's any
> listlessness or other indications that she's feeling unwell (and she is
> not currently exhibiting *ANY* symptoms of illness), I'll bring her back
> in for x-rays and other tests.

I am first and foremost so happy she has no sign of heart disease!! That
would have been crushing. The rest of your post is very informative. I
didn't
know what else might cause that. I never play with Gracie with a feathered
thing because they SCARE her. lol! She conquers her rubber snake several
times a day, but stuff flying at her with feathers makes her go wide-eyed
and
get scarce.

Per Tayla's weight gain--that little belly looked pretty tight and new to
me!
haha! So she gained a bit, it was worth showing her she need never worry
about
food any more.

Wonderful report, CN.

cybercat
July 17th 07, 01:32 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote >

> some cats pant like that when they are "killing" a bird (and I've only
> noticed this behavior when I'm playing with her with the feathered wand).

I forgot to say, now that we are pretty sure it is not something
dangerous, I think the panting is precious. Cats look cute with
their little mouths hanging open like that, Gracie does this as all
cats do when she is trying to "get" a string or other interactive toy.

CatNipped
July 17th 07, 01:34 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> Thank goodness, it's definitely not Hypertrophic Myocardiopathy or a
>> heart murmur. Dr. French listened to her heart for a full 5 minutes and
>> heard no trace of a problem - he said her heartbeat rate was normal and
>> there was no irregularities.
>>
>> What it could be? Her URI stuffing up her nose, a touch of asthma
>> (although her lungs sounded clear), she's overweight (she gained 1.25
>> pounds in the three weeks I've had her - she starts her diet tomorrow!),
>> or [and I just read this in an old Cat Fancy magazine* while I was
>> waiting] some cats pant like that when they are "killing" a bird (and
>> I've only noticed this behavior when I'm playing with her with the
>> feathered wand).
>>
>> * A reader wrote in to the vet expert that her cat got overly aggressive
>> when playing with a feathered want (and not with any other toy), and one
>> of the behaviors he exhibited was excited panting.
>>
>> The verdict is that I'll keep an eye on her and if there's any
>> listlessness or other indications that she's feeling unwell (and she is
>> not currently exhibiting *ANY* symptoms of illness), I'll bring her back
>> in for x-rays and other tests.
>>

> I am first and foremost so happy she has no sign of heart disease!! That
> would have been crushing. The rest of your post is very informative. I
> didn't
> know what else might cause that. I never play with Gracie with a feathered
> thing because they SCARE her. lol! She conquers her rubber snake several
> times a day, but stuff flying at her with feathers makes her go wide-eyed
> and
> get scarce.
>
> Per Tayla's weight gain--that little belly looked pretty tight and new to
> me!
> haha! So she gained a bit, it was worth showing her she need never worry
> about
> food any more.

Yep, and the fact that she was just done nursing kittens, I figured she
could use the extra nutrition for a while, but the honeymoon with food is
over and she starts getting less food tomorrow! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

> Wonderful report, CN.

CatNipped
July 17th 07, 01:36 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote >
>
>> some cats pant like that when they are "killing" a bird (and I've only
>> noticed this behavior when I'm playing with her with the feathered wand).
>
> I forgot to say, now that we are pretty sure it is not something
> dangerous, I think the panting is precious. Cats look cute with
> their little mouths hanging open like that, Gracie does this as all
> cats do when she is trying to "get" a string or other interactive toy.

Yep!

The worse alternate diagnosis of the panting would be asthma, and she
doesn't pant at any other time than when playing with the feathered wand, so
I think we can rule that out (although I'd like to hear from others who have
asthmatic cats).

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
July 17th 07, 01:41 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> The worse alternate diagnosis of the panting would be asthma, and she
> doesn't pant at any other time than when playing with the feathered wand,
> so I think we can rule that out (although I'd like to hear from others who
> have asthmatic cats).

Gracie has never panted. He just hunches forward and coughs, deeply.
I have never heard of panting being a sign of asthma, which dos not mean
it isn't.

CatNipped
July 17th 07, 01:43 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>> The worse alternate diagnosis of the panting would be asthma, and she
>> doesn't pant at any other time than when playing with the feathered wand,
>> so I think we can rule that out (although I'd like to hear from others
>> who have asthmatic cats).
>>

> Gracie has never panted. He just hunches forward and coughs, deeply.
> I have never heard of panting being a sign of asthma, which dos not mean
> it isn't.

Good, that's encouraging. I'm going on the theory that it's either a
stuffed up nose from the URI, or an odd behavior when playing with that
particular toy.

Thanks!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cindys
July 17th 07, 02:14 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Thank goodness, it's definitely not Hypertrophic Myocardiopathy or a heart
> murmur. Dr. French listened to her heart for a full 5 minutes and heard
> no trace of a problem - he said her heartbeat rate was normal and there
> was no irregularities.
>
> What it could be? Her URI stuffing up her nose, a touch of asthma
> (although her lungs sounded clear), she's overweight (she gained 1.25
> pounds in the three weeks I've had her - she starts her diet tomorrow!),
> or [and I just read this in an old Cat Fancy magazine* while I was
> waiting] some cats pant like that when they are "killing" a bird (and I've
> only noticed this behavior when I'm playing with her with the feathered
> wand).
>
> * A reader wrote in to the vet expert that her cat got overly aggressive
> when playing with a feathered want (and not with any other toy), and one
> of the behaviors he exhibited was excited panting.
>
> The verdict is that I'll keep an eye on her and if there's any
> listlessness or other indications that she's feeling unwell (and she is
> not currently exhibiting *ANY* symptoms of illness), I'll bring her back
> in for x-rays and other tests.
--------
This is such wonderful news! I have been checking and rechecking this
newsgroup all afternoon to see if there was any word about Tayla. Thank you
for not making us worry/keeping us in suspense all night. May she continue
to be a healthy happy kitty :-)
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

CatNipped
July 17th 07, 02:30 AM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> Thank goodness, it's definitely not Hypertrophic Myocardiopathy or a
>> heart murmur. Dr. French listened to her heart for a full 5 minutes and
>> heard no trace of a problem - he said her heartbeat rate was normal and
>> there was no irregularities.
>>
>> What it could be? Her URI stuffing up her nose, a touch of asthma
>> (although her lungs sounded clear), she's overweight (she gained 1.25
>> pounds in the three weeks I've had her - she starts her diet tomorrow!),
>> or [and I just read this in an old Cat Fancy magazine* while I was
>> waiting] some cats pant like that when they are "killing" a bird (and
>> I've only noticed this behavior when I'm playing with her with the
>> feathered wand).
>>
>> * A reader wrote in to the vet expert that her cat got overly aggressive
>> when playing with a feathered want (and not with any other toy), and one
>> of the behaviors he exhibited was excited panting.
>>
>> The verdict is that I'll keep an eye on her and if there's any
>> listlessness or other indications that she's feeling unwell (and she is
>> not currently exhibiting *ANY* symptoms of illness), I'll bring her back
>> in for x-rays and other tests.
> --------
> This is such wonderful news! I have been checking and rechecking this
> newsgroup all afternoon to see if there was any word about Tayla. Thank
> you for not making us worry/keeping us in suspense all night. May she
> continue to be a healthy happy kitty :-)
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

You're welcome! And thank you for your caring. I delayed my dinner until I
reported back here (and *that's* serious stuff for me!!! ;>).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Matthew
July 17th 07, 02:42 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "cindys" > wrote in message
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>> Thank goodness, it's definitely not Hypertrophic Myocardiopathy or a
>>> heart murmur. Dr. French listened to her heart for a full 5 minutes and
>>> heard no trace of a problem - he said her heartbeat rate was normal and
>>> there was no irregularities.
>>>
>>> What it could be? Her URI stuffing up her nose, a touch of asthma
>>> (although her lungs sounded clear), she's overweight (she gained 1.25
>>> pounds in the three weeks I've had her - she starts her diet tomorrow!),
>>> or [and I just read this in an old Cat Fancy magazine* while I was
>>> waiting] some cats pant like that when they are "killing" a bird (and
>>> I've only noticed this behavior when I'm playing with her with the
>>> feathered wand).
>>>
>>> * A reader wrote in to the vet expert that her cat got overly aggressive
>>> when playing with a feathered want (and not with any other toy), and one
>>> of the behaviors he exhibited was excited panting.
>>>
>>> The verdict is that I'll keep an eye on her and if there's any
>>> listlessness or other indications that she's feeling unwell (and she is
>>> not currently exhibiting *ANY* symptoms of illness), I'll bring her back
>>> in for x-rays and other tests.
>> --------
>> This is such wonderful news! I have been checking and rechecking this
>> newsgroup all afternoon to see if there was any word about Tayla. Thank
>> you for not making us worry/keeping us in suspense all night. May she
>> continue to be a healthy happy kitty :-)
>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy S.
>
> You're welcome! And thank you for your caring. I delayed my dinner until
> I reported back here (and *that's* serious stuff for me!!! ;>).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

It is great news but dinner girl you need to eat. Do I need to fly out to
Texas and show you Texans how a Kentucky hillbilly turned southern redneck
BBQs

CatNipped
July 17th 07, 03:03 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message

>>> --------
>>> This is such wonderful news! I have been checking and rechecking this
>>> newsgroup all afternoon to see if there was any word about Tayla. Thank
>>> you for not making us worry/keeping us in suspense all night. May she
>>> continue to be a healthy happy kitty :-)
>>> Best regards,
>>> ---Cindy S.
>>
>> You're welcome! And thank you for your caring. I delayed my dinner
>> until I reported back here (and *that's* serious stuff for me!!! ;>).
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> It is great news but dinner girl you need to eat. Do I need to fly out to
> Texas and show you Texans how a Kentucky hillbilly turned southern redneck
> BBQs

Mmmmmm! Yeppers!!!

Seriously, my scale says lay off the carbs fatty! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Matthew
July 17th 07, 03:14 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "Matthew" > wrote in message

>>> You're welcome! And thank you for your caring. I delayed my dinner
>>> until I reported back here (and *that's* serious stuff for me!!! ;>).
>>>
>>> Hugs,
>>>
>>> CatNipped
>>
>> It is great news but dinner girl you need to eat. Do I need to fly out
>> to Texas and show you Texans how a Kentucky hillbilly turned southern
>> redneck BBQs
>
> Mmmmmm! Yeppers!!!
>
> Seriously, my scale says lay off the carbs fatty! ;>
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Oh a stab to the heart and a kick to behind. Thinking I would cook fatty
and high carb foods. Cat I feel so low right now ;-)
<sulking away>

cybercat
July 17th 07, 03:16 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message

>>> It is great news but dinner girl you need to eat. Do I need to fly out
>>> to Texas and show you Texans how a Kentucky hillbilly turned southern
>>> redneck BBQs
>>
>> Mmmmmm! Yeppers!!!
>>
>> Seriously, my scale says lay off the carbs fatty! ;>
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> Oh a stab to the heart and a kick to behind. Thinking I would cook fatty
> and high carb foods. Cat I feel so low right now ;-)
> <sulking away>

Have you been talking Drama Queen lessons from our mutual friend? :)

Don't get too offended, Matthew, or we will think you've been up to
something heinous.

Matthew
July 17th 07, 03:33 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message

>>> Mmmmmm! Yeppers!!!
>>>
>>> Seriously, my scale says lay off the carbs fatty! ;>
>>>
>>> Hugs,
>>>
>>> CatNipped
>>
>> Oh a stab to the heart and a kick to behind. Thinking I would cook fatty
>> and high carb foods. Cat I feel so low right now ;-)
>> <sulking away>
>>
> Have you been talking Drama Queen lessons from our mutual friend? :)
>
> Don't get too offended, Matthew, or we will think you've been up to
> something heinous.

Who me?
Heinous what do you mean?
I promise I will not cry like a little school girl. I will just throw a fit
like a two year old
Heinous
Maybe dubious
Maybe a little wicked
Maybe a little evil
Maybe a shockingly
Maybe a little influent
Maybe a little arrogant

Wait old man moment that is what heinous means. he he ha ha Ok I am caught.
I will blame it on my ex she made me like this

<evil grin and wicked laughter>

Only if they knew the truth. Wait did I say that out loud...............

Ooppsss

cybercat
July 17th 07, 05:06 AM
"Matthew" > wrote
> Who me?
> Heinous what do you mean?

-adjective hateful; odious; abominable; totally reprehensible: a heinous
offense.

I was exaggerating. Neither you nor our mutual friend does heinous
things that I know of. ;)