PDA

View Full Version : Archer Lethargic, Not Eating

CatNipped[_2_]
July 17th 07, 02:58 PM
I know it's probably just a reaction to getting his vaccinations last night,
but I've never had a kitten *this* affected by it. Last night after getting
home from the vet, both Ozzie and Archer went under the couch in DH's office
and had (apparently) not moved as of 5:30AM this morning. When I fed them,
I had to pull both boys out from under the couch (usually they're climbing
up my legs trying to get at the food before I can set it down). Ozzie
wasn't much interested in eating as much as he normally does, but he did eat
some and used the litterbox. Archer, however, didn't want anything to do
with his food, seemed a bit weak and shaky, and felt warm to me. We
syringed him some water (two small syringes full) and food, but after about
1.4 of the large syringe of food he started gagging like he was going to
throw up so we stopped. If he hasn't improved by noon today, he goes
straight away back to the vet, but I was wondering if anyone has had a
kitten react this strongly to vaccinations?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

barb
July 17th 07, 04:13 PM
One of my cats had reactions to vaccines sometimes and we handled it by
getting each shot on a separate day.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

CatNipped[_2_]
July 17th 07, 05:56 PM
"barb" > wrote in message
> One of my cats had reactions to vaccines sometimes and we handled it by
> getting each shot on a separate day.
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

Thanks, good idea - but I doubt they'll ever get another vaccination (since
my cats are all indoor only, I don't want to risk immunization side-effects
to prevent diseases they have no chance of contracting).

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
July 17th 07, 06:40 PM
I just talked to Ben. He said when he got home both boys were still asleep
under the couch in his office (now known as the isolation chamber with the
screen on the door ;>). He pulled them out and gave them some food - and
both boys scarfed it down like the little piglets they are. Tayla came over
when Archer was finished eating and gave him a good wash. When she was done
she walked over to Ozzy, who was still eating, and started to give him a
wash. However, Ozzy didn't want to be washed so he looked up into her face
and hissed at her!!! She sat back and bopped him on top of his head three
times until he laid down, properly chastised, and then gave him his good
wash. After she was done he jumped up, licked both his and Archer's plate
clean, and then walked over and started eating Tayla's dry food. Tayla
looked up at Ben with a "What are you gonna do?" look and then jumped up to
his desk to take her nap.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>I know it's probably just a reaction to getting his vaccinations last
>night, but I've never had a kitten *this* affected by it. Last night after
>getting home from the vet, both Ozzie and Archer went under the couch in
>DH's office and had (apparently) not moved as of 5:30AM this morning. When
>I fed them, I had to pull both boys out from under the couch (usually
>they're climbing up my legs trying to get at the food before I can set it
>down). Ozzie wasn't much interested in eating as much as he normally does,
>but he did eat some and used the litterbox. Archer, however, didn't want
>anything to do with his food, seemed a bit weak and shaky, and felt warm to
>me. We syringed him some water (two small syringes full) and food, but
>after about 1.4 of the large syringe of food he started gagging like he was
>going to throw up so we stopped. If he hasn't improved by noon today, he
>goes straight away back to the vet, but I was wondering if anyone has had a
>kitten react this strongly to vaccinations?
>
> --
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

mlbriggs
July 17th 07, 07:45 PM
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:40:53 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

> I just talked to Ben. He said when he got home both boys were still
> asleep under the couch in his office (now known as the isolation chamber
> with the screen on the door ;>). He pulled them out and gave them some
> food - and both boys scarfed it down like the little piglets they are.
> Tayla came over when Archer was finished eating and gave him a good wash.
> When she was done she walked over to Ozzy, who was still eating, and
> started to give him a wash. However, Ozzy didn't want to be washed so he
> looked up into her face and hissed at her!!! She sat back and bopped him
> on top of his head three times until he laid down, properly chastised, and
> then gave him his good wash. After she was done he jumped up, licked both
> his and Archer's plate clean, and then walked over and started eating
> Tayla's dry food. Tayla looked up at Ben with a "What are you gonna do?"
> look and then jumped up to his desk to take her nap.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>I know it's probably just a reaction to getting his vaccinations last
>>night, but I've never had a kitten *this* affected by it. Last night
>>after getting home from the vet, both Ozzie and Archer went under the
>>couch in DH's office and had (apparently) not moved as of 5:30AM this
>>morning. When I fed them, I had to pull both boys out from under the
>>couch (usually they're climbing up my legs trying to get at the food
>>before I can set it down). Ozzie wasn't much interested in eating as
>>much as he normally does, but he did eat some and used the litterbox.
>>Archer, however, didn't want anything to do with his food, seemed a bit
>>weak and shaky, and felt warm to me. We syringed him some water (two
>>small syringes full) and food, but after about 1.4 of the large syringe
>>of food he started gagging like he was going to throw up so we stopped.
>>If he hasn't improved by noon today, he goes straight away back to the
>>vet, but I was wondering if anyone has had a kitten react this strongly
>>to vaccinations?
>>
>> --
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>> See all my masters here: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Sounds great! MLB

cindys
July 17th 07, 09:05 PM
Thanks for sharing this. I always love to hear good news :-)
Best regards,
---Cindy S.