PDA

View Full Version : PFD

cybercat
July 17th 07, 04:36 PM
There's a special on FF, for those of you who use it. I just ordered 96 cans
for a total of $45.66--this includes shipping. That is less than 50 cents a
can total, and if you figure in gas and time, it's a pretty good deal.

Local prices here in Raleigh are: 44 cents at Walmart for very limited
varieties; 47 cents at Food Lion; 55 cents at Kroger; and a whopping 62
cents per can at Harris Teeter (who should be ashamed of themselves!).

Yes, Priscilla, they are still paying me the big bucks to "shill" for them.
Moron.

bookie
July 19th 07, 12:10 AM
On 17 Jul, 16:36, "cybercat" > wrote:
> There's a special on FF, for those of you who use it. I just ordered 96 cans
> for a total of $45.66--this includes shipping. That is less than 50 cents a
> can total, and if you figure in gas and time, it's a pretty good deal.
>
> Local prices here in Raleigh are: 44 cents at Walmart for very limited
> varieties; 47 cents at Food Lion; 55 cents at Kroger; and a whopping 62
> cents per can at Harris Teeter (who should be ashamed of themselves!).
>
> Yes, Priscilla, they are still paying me the big bucks to "shill" for them.
> Moron.

fancy feast sounds good, i wish they sold it in the UK
what's 'shill'?

bookie

cindys
July 19th 07, 02:40 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On 17 Jul, 16:36, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> There's a special on FF, for those of you who use it. I just ordered 96
>> cans
>> for a total of $45.66--this includes shipping. That is less than 50 cents
>> can total, and if you figure in gas and time, it's a pretty good deal.
>>
>> Local prices here in Raleigh are: 44 cents at Walmart for very limited
>> varieties; 47 cents at Food Lion; 55 cents at Kroger; and a whopping 62
>> cents per can at Harris Teeter (who should be ashamed of themselves!).
>>
>> Yes, Priscilla, they are still paying me the big bucks to "shill" for
>> them.
>> Moron.
>
> fancy feast sounds good, i wish they sold it in the UK
> what's 'shill'?
-----------
Do they sell Pro Plan in the UK? I'm convinced it's the same as Fancy Feast.

shill Slang. n. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic
gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
July 19th 07, 02:26 PM
"bookie" > wrote
> fancy feast sounds good, i wish they sold it in the UK
> what's 'shill'?

Hiya Bookie! I see someone has already explained "shill."

Fancy Feast appears to be delicious to cats, but I must admit,
first thing in the morning it smells like poo.

What do you feed your babies?

July 21st 07, 02:16 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> There's a special on FF, for those of you who use it. I just ordered 96
> cans for a total of $45.66--this includes shipping. That is less than 50
> cents a can total, and if you figure in gas and time, it's a pretty good
> deal.
>
> Local prices here in Raleigh are: 44 cents at Walmart for very limited
> varieties; 47 cents at Food Lion; 55 cents at Kroger; and a whopping 62
> cents per can at Harris Teeter (who should be ashamed of themselves!).

Following up my own post, just because I can, hahaha, I am pleased to
announce that I received my shipment of five cases of Fancy Feast from
Petfood Direct today! Pretty amazing since I placed the order on the 17th!
Other times the order has not even shipped for a full week after I ordered
it. They're doing better, and at less than 50 cents a can delivered to my
door, I can't beat it.

Those of you who want to look into it, go to the site and sign up for the
free catfood for a year sweepstakes, then you will get the mailings about
special sales and such. You might save some money and you will
definitely save time schlepping around, using gasoline, in the heat.

-L.
July 21st 07, 05:08 PM
cybercat wrote:
> There's a special on FF, for those of you who use it. I just ordered 96 cans
> for a total of $45.66--this includes shipping. That is less than 50 cents a
> can total, and if you figure in gas and time, it's a pretty good deal.
>
> Local prices here in Raleigh are: 44 cents at Walmart for very limited
> varieties; 47 cents at Food Lion; 55 cents at Kroger; and a whopping 62
> cents per can at Harris Teeter (who should be ashamed of themselves!).
>
> Yes, Priscilla, they are still paying me the big bucks to "shill" for them.
> Moron.

IIRC it's about $0.45 here on a regular basis. It's a shame when the
cost of gas has to figure into the cost of buying cat food, isn't it?
Never thought I'd see that day...
-L.

cybercat
July 21st 07, 06:12 PM
"-L." > wrote

> IIRC it's about $0.45 here on a regular basis.

That's really good, a penny over Raleigh's Walmart price!

It's a shame when the
> cost of gas has to figure into the cost of buying cat food, isn't it?
> Never thought I'd see that day...
> -L.

I hear you. A couple of other things that bug me--everything is
overpriced in Raleigh, you'd think it was a city with something
to offer! And Kroger raising the price of FF from 49 cents to
55 cents right at the time of the pet food/wheat gluten scare.

And Harris Teeter having the GALL to charge 62 cents a can
for Fancy Feast. *******s.

cybercat
July 22nd 07, 11:11 PM
"cybercat" > wrote
> Those of you who want to look into it, go to the site and sign up for the
> free catfood for a year sweepstakes, then you will get the mailings about
> special sales and such. You might save some money and you will
> definitely save time schlepping around, using gasoline, in the heat.

I thought I should add that I am in NC and PetFoodDirect is in
PA, so shipping is not normally expensive, and that is why it is
sometimes nearly canceled out when they give good (20-22%)
discounts. People like Lyn, in Oregon and others might not get
such a good deal as that is a long way and canned food is
heavy.

-L.
July 24th 07, 07:51 AM
cybercat wrote:
> I hear you. A couple of other things that bug me--everything is
> overpriced in Raleigh, you'd think it was a city with something
> to offer! And Kroger raising the price of FF from 49 cents to
> 55 cents right at the time of the pet food/wheat gluten scare.
>
> And Harris Teeter having the GALL to charge 62 cents a can
> for Fancy Feast. *******s.

I though food prices were high in the RT, when I lived there in
98-99. I was a little surprised, actually! I think it's because you
get the high-tech types moving in from all over the US - heck, all
over the world. The business owners somehow command higher prices
than normally would be tolerated.

-L.