PDA

View Full Version : ring tones for cat lovers?

James[_2_]
July 20th 07, 04:22 PM
What songs make good cellphone ring tones for cat lovers?

Magic Mood Jeep
July 20th 07, 05:39 PM
"James" > wrote in message
.. .
> What songs make good cellphone ring tones for cat lovers?

The tune from the Meow Mix commercials?

<ducks & runs out of reach>

Ketzl's Dad
July 20th 07, 06:41 PM
On Jul 20, 2007, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

> "James" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> What songs make good cellphone ring tones for cat lovers?
>>

>> --
>>

> The tune from the Meow Mix commercials?
>
> <ducks & runs out of reach>

Why are you ducking and running? That was my thought exactly, but I didn't
suggest it because I didn't want to sound like an idiot.

Oh.

Now I see why you ducked and ran. ;-)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
<http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b>

oldhickory
July 21st 07, 08:32 AM
If I did that I'd have to set my phone to "stun" while at home. I sing it
to the girls every time I feed them. They go nuts when the commercial comes
on.

Why do I do that, you ask? I had to do something to condition them so I
could get them "front and center" so to speak, when required (roll call
before leaving the house--make sure no one's locked in a closet, etc.) and
the song seemed like the cutest and most humorous way.

It is SO cute to see them come running when I sing it. I used to work in a
shop that had store cats who were allowed outdoors. I trained those cats to
do it too. The owner didn't think it was very amusing one night when he was
standing on the back stoop singing in a high feminine voice "meow meow meow
meow" when some male patrons from the business next door passed by. He said
they stared and he felt humiliated. It worked, though, so he got over it
;-)

I was trying out the available ringtones from the net one day on my laptop
and when I got to the angry cat call my girls went nuts--the kitten growling
and slinking through the house--so I decided not to try that one
again...poor dears. They were worried and looking everywhere for that angry
monster cat.
--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Ketzl's Dad" > wrote in message
. net...
> On Jul 20, 2007, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
>
>> "James" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> What songs make good cellphone ring tones for cat lovers?
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> The tune from the Meow Mix commercials?
>>
>> <ducks & runs out of reach>
>>

> Why are you ducking and running? That was my thought exactly, but I didn't
> suggest it because I didn't want to sound like an idiot.
>
> Oh.
>
> Now I see why you ducked and ran. ;-)
>
> --
> Joey Dee from NYC
>
> Remember: It is To Laugh
>
> a few Ketzl pix
> <http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b>

Ketzl Dee
July 21st 07, 11:07 AM
In article >
> wrote:
> It is SO cute to see them come running when I sing it. I used to
> work in a* shop that had store cats who were allowed outdoors. I
> trained those cats to* do it too. The owner didn't think it was very
> amusing one night when he was* standing on the back stoop singing in
> a high feminine voice "meow meow meow* meow" when some male patrons
> from the business next door passed by. He said* they stared and he
> felt humiliated. It worked, though, so he got over it*

ROARING, here! :-)

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

CatNipped[_2_]
July 30th 07, 10:07 PM
"James" > wrote in message
.. .
> What songs make good cellphone ring tones for cat lovers?

"Stray Cat Strut"?

"Cat's In The Cradle"?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Tom+Gracie+Jenny
August 1st 07, 12:39 AM
The "Smelly Cat" song, from Friends? (www.ringtones2go.co.uk/pd360142/
Phoebe-Buffey-Smelly-Cat-Ringtone.htm)

Just as good is Elton John's "Honky Cat".

"What's New, Pussycat" is distinctive, and it kinda makes sense,
because someone could be calling you to find out what's new.

If you like being mysterious, try "Memories". (When people ask you'll
have to remind them it's from 'Cats'.)

As for my house, my cat was trained for "The Cat Came Back", the
children's song.

Tom
(Tom+Lauren live in a house owned by two calico cats.)

Veloise
August 1st 07, 02:25 AM
>From the faux commercial on "A Prairie Home Companion":

"Oh, if you've got a cat, or got two or three
You know that cats are creatures just like you and me
And have needs, as we do, and if they could speak,
They'd say, 'I need some stuff from Bertha's Kitty Boutique.' "

(melody is the cat's theme from "Peter and the Wolf")

HTH

--Karen D.