PDA

View Full Version : Oh for Gawd's Sake!

CatNipped[_2_]
July 20th 07, 04:00 PM
God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS* UseNet. But
I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always being posted here to the
exclusion of any on-topic posts - and apparently I'm not the only one since
a lot of long-time regulars seem to have given up and gone away (which is
probably what I should do too).

Matthew
July 20th 07, 05:16 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS* UseNet.
> But I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always being posted here to
> the exclusion of any on-topic posts - and apparently I'm not the only one
> since a lot of long-time regulars seem to have given up and gone away
> (which is probably what I should do too).

Stay right where you are. No reason for you to take off.
Just kill file them and move on

Justin L
July 20th 07, 06:04 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS* UseNet.
> But I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always being posted here to
> the exclusion of any on-topic posts - and apparently I'm not the only one
> since a lot of long-time regulars seem to have given up and gone away
> (which is probably what I should do too).

This group kinda sucks.
I gave up a long time ago, though I still browse once in a while when
extrememly bored.

Ted Davis[_2_]
July 21st 07, 01:09 AM
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:00:48 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

> God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS* UseNet. But
> I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always being posted here to the
> exclusion of any on-topic posts - and apparently I'm not the only one since
> a lot of long-time regulars seem to have given up and gone away (which is
> probably what I should do too).

I was led here about a week ago by the group being one of about five
somebody crossposted an interesting message to. But I'm dropping it - it
takes longer to clean out the trash than to read the good stuff.

--
T.E.D. )

cybercat
July 21st 07, 01:39 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Fri 20 Jul 2007 11:00:48a, CatNipped wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS*
>> UseNet. But I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always
>> being posted here to the exclusion of any on-topic posts - and
>> apparently I'm not the only one since a lot of long-time
>> regulars seem to have given up and gone away (which is probably
>> what I should do too).
>>

> I just added a whole slew of new addresses to my KF, but those same
> folks keep changing addresses, so it's futile. It doesn't leave
> much left when they're filted out, though. I'll still read here and
> offer any suggestions I can.

I keep wondering what "John Doe" did to **** someone off!

July 21st 07, 01:39 AM
"Justin L" > wrote in message
. net...

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS* UseNet.
>> But I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always being posted here to
>> the exclusion of any on-topic posts - and apparently I'm not the only one
>> since a lot of long-time regulars seem to have given up and gone away
>> (which is probably what I should do too).
>>

> This group kinda sucks.
> I gave up a long time ago, though I still browse once in a while when
> extrememly bored.

So why not post about Jake and Elwood?

Lynne
July 21st 07, 03:22 AM
on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:23:51 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

> I just added a whole slew of new addresses to my KF, but those same
> folks keep changing addresses, so it's futile. It doesn't leave
> much left when they're filted out, though. I'll still read here and
> offer any suggestions I can.

I'm pretty fed up with the resident trolls here, and those who feed them
(who are just as bad IMO, since the trolls would stop if people would
ignore them). Add to that more constraints on my time, and I'm really not
able to find the interesting threads anymore. It's a bummer, and anymore I
just mark the whole damn group as read and close it down.

--
Lynne

jmc
July 21st 07, 12:13 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Cheryl exclaimed (7/21/2007 9:53 AM):
> On Fri 20 Jul 2007 11:00:48a, CatNipped wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS*
>> UseNet. But I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always
>> being posted here to the exclusion of any on-topic posts - and
>> apparently I'm not the only one since a lot of long-time
>> regulars seem to have given up and gone away (which is probably
>> what I should do too).
>>

> I just added a whole slew of new addresses to my KF, but those same
> folks keep changing addresses, so it's futile. It doesn't leave
> much left when they're filted out, though. I'll still read here and
> offer any suggestions I can.

My killfile's working fine, so though the addys are changing, I seem to
have found the core that remains the same. I haven't had to add our
favorite shouting troll back in in some time, though I did have to add
the one that doesn't like John Doe twice.

I use Thunderbird. The option to "make filter from this message" is
quite useful, but change "is" to "contains" to make them work better. I
think it's just a matter of tweaking the killfile until the noise level
is sufficiently reduced.

My KF works well enough that when I saw the OP, for a second I wondered,
"what are they talking about?"

jmc

-L.
July 21st 07, 05:06 PM
CatNipped wrote:
> God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS* UseNet. But
> I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always being posted here to the
> exclusion of any on-topic posts - and apparently I'm not the only one since
> a lot of long-time regulars seem to have given up and gone away (which is
> probably what I should do too).

I pretty much walked away from Usenet altogether a couple months ago
for the same reasons. I have been guilty of some heinous Usenet ****
in my day, but it got old. In here, I eventually finally just got
sick of the "my cat's eyeball is hanging on it's cheek, do I need to
take it to the vet?" posts. People don't know how to Google for info,
they don't know the minimum on how to care for cats, and honestly,
humans suck. So that's why I'm in absentia. <shrug> It's a shame
because I have been friends with a frew of the old regulars here for
almost 10 years. I have seen their cats grow up, have mourned losses,
have seen new kitties be welcomed into the fold. We still keep in
touch via email, but I miss the comraderie of the ng.

-L.

Sheelagh >o
July 21st 07, 05:18 PM
On 21 Jul, 17:06, "-L." > wrote:
> CatNipped wrote:
> > God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS* UseNet. But
> > I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always being posted here to the
> > exclusion of any on-topic posts - and apparently I'm not the only one since
> > a lot of long-time regulars seem to have given up and gone away (which is
> > probably what I should do too).
>
> I pretty much walked away from Usenet altogether a couple months ago
> for the same reasons. I have been guilty of some heinous Usenet ****
> in my day, but it got old. In here, I eventually finally just got
> sick of the "my cat's eyeball is hanging on it's cheek, do I need to
> take it to the vet?" posts. People don't know how to Google for info,
> they don't know the minimum on how to care for cats, and honestly,
> humans suck. So that's why I'm in absentia. <shrug> It's a shame
> because I have been friends with a frew of the old regulars here for
> almost 10 years. I have seen their cats grow up, have mourned losses,
> have seen new kitties be welcomed into the fold. We still keep in
> touch via email, but I miss the comraderie of the ng.
>
> -L.

Then please don't leave. Your contribution to the group has very good
merits, & I find your posts refreshingly honest too... even when I
don't agree with them!

This is all over something really unworthy, unless of course you are
the target of it.
I am just about to end my part in it too. I came here to talk about my
cats, not to have myself dragged backwards and forwards through the
mud.
I want to be set free to do exactly that.
Sheelagh>"o"<

Lynne
July 21st 07, 05:27 PM
on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:18:20 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
> wrote:

> I want to be set free to do exactly that.

Then make the choice! It really is that simple. Sheese.

I have been really patient with you and tried to gently encourage you to
stop feeding the trolls. Apparently I missed out on whatever happened
recently (please do not fill me in, I'm not interested), but I am not
surprised you were involved. YOU make your own choices about what you will
participate in, you are an adult. You have no one to blame but yourself.

I'm tired of the BS.

--
Lynne

CatNipped
July 21st 07, 05:39 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> CatNipped wrote:
>> God forbid I tell anyone else how/when/why to post - this *IS* UseNet.
>> But
>> I am *SO* sick of the juvenile bull**** always being posted here to the
>> exclusion of any on-topic posts - and apparently I'm not the only one
>> since
>> a lot of long-time regulars seem to have given up and gone away (which is
>> probably what I should do too).
>
> I pretty much walked away from Usenet altogether a couple months ago
> for the same reasons. I have been guilty of some heinous Usenet ****
> in my day, but it got old. In here, I eventually finally just got
> sick of the "my cat's eyeball is hanging on it's cheek, do I need to
> take it to the vet?" posts. People don't know how to Google for info,
> they don't know the minimum on how to care for cats, and honestly,
> humans suck. So that's why I'm in absentia. <shrug> It's a shame
> because I have been friends with a frew of the old regulars here for
> almost 10 years. I have seen their cats grow up, have mourned losses,
> have seen new kitties be welcomed into the fold. We still keep in
> touch via email, but I miss the comraderie of the ng.
>
> -L.

Yep, you were one of the missing "regulars" I was talking about. Even
though we've had our differences in the past, I *SO* value your expert
advice. I've recently been seeking advice that I *KNOW* some of the
"old-timers" could have helped me with, but they're no longer here. Instead
I've found only stupid, vile public masturbation by uneducated idiots who
have no interest in cats. Endless, pointless threads like a soap opera set
in a third world whorehouse! The ****-to-useful ratio is so out of
proportion that it's not worth wading through to get to what you need.

I am glad one of the old-timers has started a moderated group for feline
health and behavior, but it's sad that caring cat owners don't have the
public resource this used to be. There's been many a time I've informed my
vet of things I picked up here that he didn't know about - and just being
able to hold a knowledgeable conversation with him knowing all my options
and risks was priceless.

Oh, well, such is the world today I guess.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lynne
July 21st 07, 05:41 PM
on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 02:34:07 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

> Agreed. I had to add Sheelagh and Bookie. Some threads are only left
> with CC talking to herself, but I've learned over time that she has a
> lot to offer here. When it's just her over and over, I mark it read.

Cybercat has earned the right to talk "to herself" LOL. As you said, she
has a lot to offer.

I stopped reading Bookie shortly after she landed here. She is permanently
killfiled, but for some reason have put up with Sheelagh's antics all
along. I genuinely like her, but my fuse is running pretty short of late.
Watching trainwrecks is not my idea of fun.

--
Lynne

Lynne
July 21st 07, 05:42 PM
on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:39:48 GMT, "CatNipped" >
wrote:

> I am glad one of the old-timers has started a moderated group for feline
> health and behavior, but it's sad that caring cat owners don't have the
> public resource this used to be.

Will you please email me the information about this group? The email in my
header is valid, just let me know if you send email so I can go check (I
don't normally monitor it).

Thanks!

--
Lynne

cybercat
July 21st 07, 06:09 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> Yep, you were one of the missing "regulars" I was talking about. Even
> though we've had our differences in the past, I *SO* value your expert
> advice. I've recently been seeking advice that I *KNOW* some of the
> "old-timers" could have helped me with, but they're no longer here.
> Instead I've found only stupid, vile public masturbation by uneducated
> idiots who have no interest in cats. Endless, pointless threads like a
> soap opera set in a third world whorehouse!

This is such a beautiful, accurate description of what Barry Parrish does
here, and I have participated. *Thunking myself in the head*

So sorry, good people. I have no real defense, unless I can convince
myself that I was just getting so damned perfect something had to
happen to show me my own capacity of mortifying stupidity.

My part in it, publically and privately ends here.

I thank you all for your kindness in not blasting me the way I might
have blasted any of you who acted this stupid. Another good lesson!

Lynne
July 21st 07, 06:13 PM
on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:09:43 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> I thank you all for your kindness in not blasting me the way I might
> have blasted any of you who acted this stupid. Another good lesson!

So you'll understand when we blast you if you fall back into old patterns,
though, right? :)

--
Lynne

cybercat
July 21st 07, 06:16 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:09:43 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> I thank you all for your kindness in not blasting me the way I might
>> have blasted any of you who acted this stupid. Another good lesson!
>
> So you'll understand when we blast you if you fall back into old patterns,
> though, right? :)

You bet. If I am that stupid, I beg you to. There's "stupid" and then
there's "so stupid they need to be squashed because there's no hope for them
and nobody can stand to SEE this any more, hahaha!

Hey, maybe if I stop getting periods soon I can chalk the whole thing up to
menopause. Or maybe that is TMI. lol

Matthew
July 21st 07, 06:22 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> . 97.142...
>> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:09:43 GMT, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I thank you all for your kindness in not blasting me the way I might
>>> have blasted any of you who acted this stupid. Another good lesson!
>>
>> So you'll understand when we blast you if you fall back into old
>> patterns,
>> though, right? :)
>>

> You bet. If I am that stupid, I beg you to. There's "stupid" and then
> there's "so stupid they need to be squashed because there's no hope for
> them and nobody can stand to SEE this any more, hahaha!
>
> Hey, maybe if I stop getting periods soon I can chalk the whole thing up
> to menopause. Or maybe that is TMI. lol

The old menopause thing LOL
Nancy sometimes you can't save them all. Even the ones that want to be
saved.

CatNipped
July 21st 07, 06:23 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>> Yep, you were one of the missing "regulars" I was talking about. Even
>> though we've had our differences in the past, I *SO* value your expert
>> advice. I've recently been seeking advice that I *KNOW* some of the
>> "old-timers" could have helped me with, but they're no longer here.
>> Instead I've found only stupid, vile public masturbation by uneducated
>> idiots who have no interest in cats. Endless, pointless threads like a
>> soap opera set in a third world whorehouse!
>
> This is such a beautiful, accurate description of what Barry Parrish does
> here, and I have participated. *Thunking myself in the head*
>
> So sorry, good people. I have no real defense, unless I can convince
> myself that I was just getting so damned perfect something had to
> happen to show me my own capacity of mortifying stupidity.
>
> My part in it, publically and privately ends here.
>
> I thank you all for your kindness in not blasting me the way I might
> have blasted any of you who acted this stupid. Another good lesson!

I don't fault you, it *IS* tempting to get sucked in to this kind of thing,
gawd knows I've done it myself (what else is there to do on a slow day at
work). And when there's little real h+b posting going on here that's all
there *IS* to respond to.

I *AM* glad you've decided not to participate any more, though. You have
some *fabulous* advice, insights, and stories to share with the group - if
we could just get things back on track!

I love ya hon, don't feel bad!

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
July 21st 07, 06:24 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> . 97.142...
>> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:09:43 GMT, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I thank you all for your kindness in not blasting me the way I might
>>> have blasted any of you who acted this stupid. Another good lesson!
>>
>> So you'll understand when we blast you if you fall back into old
>> patterns,
>> though, right? :)
>>

> You bet. If I am that stupid, I beg you to. There's "stupid" and then
> there's "so stupid they need to be squashed because there's no hope for
> them and nobody can stand to SEE this any more, hahaha!
>
> Hey, maybe if I stop getting periods soon I can chalk the whole thing up
> to menopause. Or maybe that is TMI. lol

Ben's definition of menopause: non-stop PMS that lasts the rest of her
life! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
July 21st 07, 06:30 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>> . 97.142...
>>> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:09:43 GMT, "cybercat" >

>>> So you'll understand when we blast you if you fall back into old
>>> patterns,
>>> though, right? :)
>>>

>> You bet. If I am that stupid, I beg you to. There's "stupid" and then
>> there's "so stupid they need to be squashed because there's no hope for
>> them and nobody can stand to SEE this any more, hahaha!
>>
>> Hey, maybe if I stop getting periods soon I can chalk the whole thing up
>> to menopause. Or maybe that is TMI. lol
>
> The old menopause thing LOL
> Nancy sometimes you can't save them all. Even the ones that want to be
> saved.

Well, Matthew, that is the first thing that has actually made me cry in
weeks. Not bad tears, either. You're right, and you're a good guy. Thanks.

cybercat
July 21st 07, 06:31 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> I love ya hon, don't feel bad!

Hugs back at you. Thank you. Who says you can't make
real friends online. No, wait, that was me! lol

cybercat
July 21st 07, 06:32 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> Ben's definition of menopause: non-stop PMS that lasts the rest of her
> life! ;>

Nooooo, don't tell me that!! I thought it ended all that!

Sheelagh >o
July 21st 07, 06:51 PM
On 21 Jul, 17:27, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:18:20 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
>
> > wrote:
> > I want to be set free to do exactly that.
>
> Then make the choice! It really is that simple. Sheese.
>
> I have been really patient with you and tried to gently encourage you to
> stop feeding the trolls. Apparently I missed out on whatever happened
> recently (please do not fill me in, I'm not interested), but I am not
> surprised you were involved. YOU make your own choices about what you will
> participate in, you are an adult. You have no one to blame but yourself.
>
> I'm tired of the BS.
>
> --
> Lynne

I have no defence on that one. You are right. I am done with this.
I have been made to look a fool all ways possible.
For feeding it, for trying to ignore it, & for defending myself.
These all amount to the same thing.
I was wrong to say as single word at all.
I am sorry to all & deserve what I am taking here.

cybercat
July 21st 07, 06:53 PM
"Sheelagh >o<" > wrote i

> I have no defence on that one. You are right. I am done with this.
> I have been made to look a fool all ways possible.
> For feeding it, for trying to ignore it, & for defending myself.
> These all amount to the same thing.
> I was wrong to say as single word at all.
> I am sorry to all & deserve what I am taking here.

All of life is a learning curve. Don't beat yourself up.

Sheelagh >o
July 21st 07, 06:53 PM
On 21 Jul, 18:30, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote in message

> > "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
> >> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> . 97.142...

> >> You bet. If I am that stupid, I beg you to. There's "stupid" and then
> >> there's "so stupid they need to be squashed because there's no hope for
> >> them and nobody can stand to SEE this any more, hahaha!
>
> >> Hey, maybe if I stop getting periods soon I can chalk the whole thing up
> >> to menopause. Or maybe that is TMI. lol
>
> > The old menopause thing LOL
> > Nancy sometimes you can't save them all. Even the ones that want to be
> > saved.
>
> Well, Matthew, that is the first thing that has actually made me cry in
> weeks. Not bad tears, either. You're right, and you're a good guy. Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

I would like to add the same here too. & anyone can remind me if I
were so stupid as to fall over this one ever again.
Public Apology to all concerned here.
Sheelagh

CatNipped
July 21st 07, 07:01 PM
"Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 21 Jul, 17:27, Lynne > wrote:
>> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:18:20 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"
>>
>> > wrote:
>> > I want to be set free to do exactly that.
>>
>> Then make the choice! It really is that simple. Sheese.
>>
>> I have been really patient with you and tried to gently encourage you to
>> stop feeding the trolls. Apparently I missed out on whatever happened
>> recently (please do not fill me in, I'm not interested), but I am not
>> surprised you were involved. YOU make your own choices about what you
>> will
>> participate in, you are an adult. You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>> I'm tired of the BS.
>>
>> --
>> Lynne
>
> I have no defence on that one. You are right. I am done with this.

Apparently not since *YOU* just started it again by posting Barry's email.

> I have been made to look a fool all ways possible.
> For feeding it, for trying to ignore it, & for defending myself.
> These all amount to the same thing.
> I was wrong to say as single word at all.
> I am sorry to all & deserve what I am taking here.

Honey, you haven't seen anything if you think there's been any chastizing of
you going on here. Your and others' infantile, verbal masturbation is
unbelievably lame compared to *REAL* flame wars, and people here have been
lenient to you so far. If you really like rolling around in this ****, why
don't you go over to alt.slack and try to dish it there.

And now I'm going to take my own advice and quit feeding the trolls (of
which you have just proven yourself one).

CatNipped

Sheelagh >o
July 21st 07, 07:01 PM
On 21 Jul, 18:53, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote i
>

> > I have no defence on that one. You are right. I am done with this.
> > I have been made to look a fool all ways possible.
> > For feeding it, for trying to ignore it, & for defending myself.
> > These all amount to the same thing.
> > I was wrong to say as single word at all.
> > I am sorry to all & deserve what I am taking here.
>
> All of life is a learning curve. Don't beat yourself up.

It would appear that I am too late on this one.
I understand the tears you shed too. it is not nice, but like you, I
am done with it all. If people choose to kill file me then they feel I
am getting my just deserts. either way, I won't be following it up @
all
Thanks though. I know that you understand more than most would.
I should have ignored him- it isn't that hard, is it?
Sorry Cyber,
sheelagh >"o"<

cybercat
July 21st 07, 07:06 PM
"Sheelagh >o<" > wrote
> Thanks though. I know that you understand more than most would.
> I should have ignored him- it isn't that hard, is it?

The lesson for Barry is, brutality begets brutality. He perpetuates
the cycle and inspires others to sink to his level. It's very sad.

Stick around, post about your cats, things will blow over.

mariib via CatKB.com
July 21st 07, 07:43 PM
cybercat wrote:
>> I love ya hon, don't feel bad!
>
>Hugs back at you. Thank you. Who says you can't make
>real friends online. No, wait, that was me! lol

OK, now that the "sorry to have fed that troll" the he-who-shall-not-be-named
& he-who's-got-too- damned-many-names anyway, and the hugs & good will have
been splashed all around, can't we all get back to cats? I'm one of the newer
people here but haven't posted too much because there's been so much garbage
flying around here instead of cat stuff.

I want to hear about Sheelagh's Ringo, Catnipped's new kitties, Lynee's Levi
& so on! My guys are, as usual into everything. Yesterday one of the many
small red squirrels in the side yard was - I'm convinced - deliberately
teasing the cats like crazy, climbing up& down & dancing around the
windowsills where the 2 boys had been peacefully sleeping on the desk in the
sunlight. Papers, clock, telephone - everything went crashing to the floor.
That squirrel put on a show for Coco & Little Devil for almost 10 minutes & I
tried to take a couple pictures but I was shooting from inside into the sun,
so they weren't so successful.
M.

Sheelagh >o
July 21st 07, 10:48 PM
On 21 Jul, 19:01, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On 21 Jul, 17:27, Lynne > wrote:
> >> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:18:20 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"

> >> Then make the choice! It really is that simple. Sheese.
>
> >> I have been really patient with you and tried to gently encourage you to
> >> stop feeding the trolls. Apparently I missed out on whatever happened
> >> recently (please do not fill me in, I'm not interested), but I am not
> >> surprised you were involved. YOU make your own choices about what you
> >> will
> >> participate in, you are an adult. You have no one to blame but yourself.
>
> >> I'm tired of the BS.
>
> >> --
> >> Lynne
>
> > I have no defence on that one. You are right. I am done with this.
>
> Apparently not since *YOU* just started it again by posting Barry's email.
>
> > I have been made to look a fool all ways possible.
> > For feeding it, for trying to ignore it, & for defending myself.
> > These all amount to the same thing.
> > I was wrong to say as single word at all.
> > I am sorry to all & deserve what I am taking here.
>
> Honey, you haven't seen anything if you think there's been any chastizing of
> you going on here. Your and others' infantile, verbal masturbation is
> unbelievably lame compared to *REAL* flame wars, and people here have been
> lenient to you so far. If you really like rolling around in this ****, why
> don't you go over to alt.slack and try to dish it there.
>
> And now I'm going to take my own advice and quit feeding the trolls (of
> which you have just proven yourself one).
>
> CatNipped

No I don't enjoy one moment of it @ all.
As far as I am concerned, it is over.

Sherry
July 22nd 07, 01:04 AM
On Jul 21, 12:09 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "CatNipped" > wrote
>
> > Yep, you were one of the missing "regulars" I was talking about. Even
> > though we've had our differences in the past, I *SO* value your expert
> > advice. I've recently been seeking advice that I *KNOW* some of the
> > "old-timers" could have helped me with, but they're no longer here.
> > Instead I've found only stupid, vile public masturbation by uneducated
> > idiots who have no interest in cats. Endless, pointless threads like a
> > soap opera set in a third world whorehouse!
>
> This is such a beautiful, accurate description of what Barry Parrish does
> here, and I have participated. *Thunking myself in the head*
>
> So sorry, good people. I have no real defense, unless I can convince
> myself that I was just getting so damned perfect something had to
> happen to show me my own capacity of mortifying stupidity.
>
> My part in it, publically and privately ends here.
>
> I thank you all for your kindness in not blasting me the way I might
> have blasted any of you who acted this stupid. Another good lesson!

Heh. I might as well jump in and roll around in the muck too.
I know exactly what your defense is. You got suckered in. You're one
of those
people who want to "save" stray animals, stray people....etc. Having
a big heart
isn't a bad thing, mind you.
You had quite a fierce loyalty going on there. Some people never
appreciate someone
in their corner like that.
Don't forget "What goes around, comes around". I don't care if you
call it Karma, or whatever.
You'll be blessed for the investments you made, emotionally and
financially, whether you
think now it was of any value to the receiver or not.
Sherry

Sherry
July 22nd 07, 01:08 AM
On Jul 21, 11:06 am, "-L." > wrote:
snipped
> I pretty much walked away from Usenet altogether a couple months ago
> for the same reasons. I have been guilty of some heinous Usenet ****
> in my day, but it got old.
snipped>
> -L.

Oh, man. If there's ever the equivalent of the Nurhemberg Trials of
Heinous Usenet Behavior,
I'm in serious trouble.
I just cringe when I read some old posts.
I'd try to have them removed from the archives, but there's too
many. :-(

Sherry

Sherry
July 22nd 07, 01:23 AM
On Jul 21, 11:39 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> I am glad one of the old-timers has started a moderated group for feline
> health and behavior, but it's sad that caring cat owners don't have the
> public resource this used to be.

I've been reading your posts there. That group is a wonderful
resource. It's been around for years--just a
guess but I think more than 6 years. I'm probably the most faithful
lurker :-)

There's been many a time I've informed my
> vet of things I picked up here that he didn't know about - and just being
> able to hold a knowledgeable conversation with him knowing all my options
> and risks was priceless.

You bet. My vet even gave me a shocked look and said, "How did you
know that?" once! The only
drawback is, I am constantly mis-pronouncing words--because I read
them in print!

> Oh, well, such is the world today I guess.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Lynne
July 22nd 07, 01:30 AM
on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:01:32 GMT, "CatNipped" >
wrote:

> people here have been
> lenient to you so far.

I think it's because Sheelagh is genuinely kind and we, or at least I, kept
hoping she'd learn.

--
Lynne

Sheelagh >o
July 22nd 07, 05:50 AM
On 21 Jul, 19:43, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> >> I love ya hon, don't feel bad!
>
> >Hugs back at you. Thank you. Who says you can't make
> >real friends online. No, wait, that was me! lol
>
> OK, now that the "sorry to have fed that troll" the he-who-shall-not-be-named
> & he-who's-got-too- damned-many-names anyway, and the hugs & good will have
> been splashed all around, can't we all get back to cats? I'm one of the newer
> people here but haven't posted too much because there's been so much garbage
> flying around here instead of cat stuff.
>
> I want to hear about Sheelagh's Ringo, Catnipped's new kitties, Lynee's Levi
> & so on! My guys are, as usual into everything. Yesterday one of the many
> small red squirrels in the side yard was - I'm convinced - deliberately
> teasing the cats like crazy, climbing up& down & dancing around the
> windowsills where the 2 boys had been peacefully sleeping on the desk in the
> sunlight. Papers, clock, telephone - everything went crashing to the floor.
> That squirrel put on a show for Coco & Little Devil for almost 10 minutes & I
> tried to take a couple pictures but I was shooting from inside into the sun,
> so they weren't so successful.
> M.

On 21 Jul, 19:43, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> >> I love ya hon, don't feel bad!
>
> >Hugs back at you. Thank you. Who says you can't make
> >real friends online. No, wait, that was me! lol
>
> OK, now that the "sorry to have fed that troll" the he-who-shall-not-be-named
> & he-who's-got-too- damned-many-names anyway, and the hugs & good will have
> been splashed all around, can't we all get back to cats? I'm one of the newer
> people here but haven't posted too much because there's been so much garbage
> flying around here instead of cat stuff.
>
> I want to hear about Sheelagh's Ringo,

It would be more than my pleasure, I assure you

I'm as sick of it all, just like you are.
I won''t ever respond to him again. I have blocked him privately &
publicly too, so it won't ever happen again on my part. I'm sorry for
taking up valuable cat time

Sheelagh >o
July 22nd 07, 06:21 AM
On 22 Jul, 01:30, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:01:32 GMT, "CatNipped" >
> wrote:
>
> > people here have been
> > lenient to you so far.
>
> I think it's because Sheelagh is genuinely kind and we, or at least I, kept
> hoping she'd learn.
>
> --
> Lynne

> I think it's because Sheelagh is genuinely kind and we, or at least I, kept
> hoping she'd learn.

Thank you for your kindness Lynne.
I think you know me very well indeed. I do get hot headed when it
comes to people attacking me personally.

Life is a learning curb & I will continue to learn every day.
As for trolling.....I never saw it that way, but now that you point it
out to me, I guess I can.

I hate being called dishonest, because it simply is not true.
I will leave the kill filling for you to decide to do as you wish, but
I will genuinely miss Levis & your pet family.

Candace
July 22nd 07, 08:21 AM
On Jul 21, 9:06 am, "-L." > wrote:
> I pretty much walked away from Usenet altogether a couple months ago
> for the same reasons. I have been guilty of some heinous Usenet ****
> in my day, but it got old. In here, I eventually finally just got
> sick of the "my cat's eyeball is hanging on it's cheek, do I need to
> take it to the vet?" posts. People don't know how to Google for info,
> they don't know the minimum on how to care for cats, and honestly,
> humans suck. So that's why I'm in absentia. <shrug> It's a shame
> because I have been friends with a frew of the old regulars here for
> almost 10 years. I have seen their cats grow up, have mourned losses,
> have seen new kitties be welcomed into the fold. We still keep in
> touch via email, but I miss the comraderie of the ng.
>
> -L.

Ditto. I check it out every few days to see if anything has improved
but it doesn't seem to. I haven't even been away all that long but
there's a whole new group of regulars: Bookie, Sheelagh, Lynne, I
don't really know any of them. It used to be more fun. Maybe I'm
getting too old for usenet.

Candace

Candace
July 22nd 07, 08:24 AM
On Jul 21, 11:06 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote
>
> > Thanks though. I know that you understand more than most would.
> > I should have ignored him- it isn't that hard, is it?
>
> The lesson for Barry is, brutality begets brutality. He perpetuates
> the cycle and inspires others to sink to his level. It's very sad.
>
> Stick around, post about your cats, things will blow over.

Yeah, maybe for a day or 2 but then the same old **** will start up,
same players, different players, it's all a load of crap, usually,
unfortunately.

Candace

Sheelagh >o
July 22nd 07, 03:12 PM
On 21 Jul, 19:01, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On 21 Jul, 17:27, Lynne > wrote:
> >> on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:18:20 GMT, "Sheelagh >o<"

> >> Then make the choice! It really is that simple. Sheese.
>
> >> I have been really patient with you and tried to gently encourage you to
> >> stop feeding the trolls. Apparently I missed out on whatever happened
> >> recently (please do not fill me in, I'm not interested), but I am not
> >> surprised you were involved. YOU make your own choices about what you
> >> will
> >> participate in, you are an adult. You have no one to blame but yourself.
>
> >> I'm tired of the BS.
>
> >> --
> >> Lynne
>
> > I have no defence on that one. You are right. I am done with this.
>
> Apparently not since *YOU* just started it again by posting Barry's email.
>
> > I have been made to look a fool all ways possible.
> > For feeding it, for trying to ignore it, & for defending myself.
> > These all amount to the same thing.
> > I was wrong to say as single word at all.
> > I am sorry to all & deserve what I am taking here.
>
> Honey, you haven't seen anything if you think there's been any chastizing of
> you going on here. Your and others' infantile, verbal masturbation is
> unbelievably lame compared to *REAL* flame wars, and people here have been
> lenient to you so far. If you really like rolling around in this ****, why
> don't you go over to alt.slack and try to dish it there.
>
> And now I'm going to take my own advice and quit feeding the trolls (of
> which you have just proven yourself one).
>
> CatNipped

I am actually quite sad that you see me that way.

Lynne
July 22nd 07, 03:31 PM
on Sun, 22 Jul 2007 07:21:33 GMT, Candace > wrote:

> Ditto. I check it out every few days to see if anything has improved
> but it doesn't seem to. I haven't even been away all that long but
> there's a whole new group of regulars: Bookie, Sheelagh, Lynne, I
> don't really know any of them. It used to be more fun. Maybe I'm
> getting too old for usenet.

Please don't lump me in with Sheelagh and Bookie!

I'm on old hand at Usenet (been around since before Al Gore invented the
internet), but have been on this group just about a year now. Last August,
I was given a 3 or 4 week old kitten from an abandoned feral litter. He
swallowed the latex nursing teat while I was feeding him and I came here
for advice/comfort/encouragement (yes I had consulted a vet!). I have
stuck around ever since. The kitten, BTW, will be a year old soon and he
still nurses, only on my lip. :)

Once you get your killfile and filters tweaked, it's still a good group (or
so I keep telling myself), probably like what you remember. Unfortunately,
along with the idiot trolls, there will never be a shortage of people who
post here about their cats being sick and not having money for a vet--which
****es me off to no end, but I try to be diplomatic about it and encourage
the worthless scum to get to a vet right away.

--
Lynne

Sherry
July 22nd 07, 03:52 PM
On Jul 22, 2:21 am, Candace > wrote:
> On Jul 21, 9:06 am, "-L." > wrote:
>
> > I pretty much walked away from Usenet altogether a couple months ago
> > for the same reasons. I have been guilty of some heinous Usenet ****
> > in my day, but it got old. In here, I eventually finally just got
> > sick of the "my cat's eyeball is hanging on it's cheek, do I need to
> > take it to the vet?" posts. People don't know how to Google for info,
> > they don't know the minimum on how to care for cats, and honestly,
> > humans suck. So that's why I'm in absentia. <shrug> It's a shame
> > because I have been friends with a frew of the old regulars here for
> > almost 10 years. I have seen their cats grow up, have mourned losses,
> > have seen new kitties be welcomed into the fold. We still keep in
> > touch via email, but I miss the comraderie of the ng.
>
> > -L.
>
> Ditto. I check it out every few days to see if anything has improved
> but it doesn't seem to. I haven't even been away all that long but
> there's a whole new group of regulars: Bookie, Sheelagh, Lynne, I
> don't really know any of them. It used to be more fun. Maybe I'm
> getting too old for usenet.
>
> Candace

Aww, Candace, you know this group never was a utopia of harmony. It's
always
been a freak show. But I know what you mean. I miss the regulars, too.
The dynamics
completely changed--but then, look at alt.cats. It's a wasteland now,
and it used to
be a really active group.

Sherry

cybercat
July 23rd 07, 12:02 PM
"Justin L" > wrote

> This group kinda sucks.
> I gave up a long time ago, though I still browse once in a while when
> extrememly bored.

So, do you just come here for the lewd and ugly stuff, or are you willing to
contribute something of interest pertaining to cats? That's your ticket to
being truly entitled to bitch about how badly this group sucks. You have to
contribute to more than the sucking and the editorializing on the sucking.

How are Jake and Elwood, from years back?

Justin L
July 23rd 07, 05:57 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Justin L" > wrote
>>
>> This group kinda sucks.
>> I gave up a long time ago, though I still browse once in a while when
>> extrememly bored.
>
> So, do you just come here for the lewd and ugly stuff, or are you willing
> to contribute something of interest pertaining to cats? That's your ticket
> to being truly entitled to bitch about how badly this group sucks. You
> have to contribute to more than the sucking and the editorializing on the
> sucking.

aren't you insane or something?

> How are Jake and Elwood, from years back?
They are fine

cybercat
July 23rd 07, 07:56 PM
"Justin L" > wrote in message
. net...

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Justin L" > wrote
>>>
>>> This group kinda sucks.
>>> I gave up a long time ago, though I still browse once in a while when
>>> extrememly bored.
>>
>> So, do you just come here for the lewd and ugly stuff, or are you willing
>> to contribute something of interest pertaining to cats? That's your
>> ticket to being truly entitled to bitch about how badly this group sucks.
>> You have to contribute to more than the sucking and the editorializing on
>> the sucking.
>
> aren't you insane or something?

Could be. Aren't you an asshole who doesn't even bother to post about his
cats, but can take the time to post about how "this group kinds sucks?"

>> How are Jake and Elwood, from years back?
> They are fine

Oh, just get the hell out of here until you can contribute something--
anything at all, besides pussified whining. Jackass.

Yes, you bet I'm "insane or something."

-L.
July 24th 07, 07:41 AM
CatNipped wrote:
> Yep, you were one of the missing "regulars" I was talking about. Even
> though we've had our differences in the past, I *SO* value your expert
> advice.

Thanks. I'm no expert, but I willingly share what I do know. You can
email me any time- monkeysnaps (at) gmail (dot) com.

-L.

-L.
July 24th 07, 07:45 AM
Candace wrote:

> Ditto. I check it out every few days to see if anything has improved
> but it doesn't seem to. I haven't even been away all that long but
> there's a whole new group of regulars: Bookie, Sheelagh, Lynne, I
> don't really know any of them. It used to be more fun. Maybe I'm
> getting too old for usenet.
>
> Candace

Oh, but I have missed you, Sexy Soxy! ;)

-L.

Candace
July 25th 07, 05:31 AM
On Jul 23, 11:45 pm, "-L." > wrote:
> Candace wrote:
>
> > Ditto. I check it out every few days to see if anything has improved
> > but it doesn't seem to. I haven't even been away all that long but
> > there's a whole new group of regulars: Bookie, Sheelagh, Lynne, I
> > don't really know any of them. It used to be more fun. Maybe I'm
> > getting too old for usenet.
>
> > Candace
>
> Oh, but I have missed you, Sexy Soxy! ;)
>
> -L.

Thank you, Lyn, I miss you, too, and quite a few others! Ahhh, the
good old days...

Candace

cybercat
July 25th 07, 05:36 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Jul 23, 11:45 pm, "-L." > wrote:
>> Candace wrote:
>>
>> > Ditto. I check it out every few days to see if anything has improved
>> > but it doesn't seem to. I haven't even been away all that long but
>> > there's a whole new group of regulars: Bookie, Sheelagh, Lynne, I
>> > don't really know any of them. It used to be more fun. Maybe I'm
>> > getting too old for usenet.
>>
>> > Candace
>>
>> Oh, but I have missed you, Sexy Soxy! ;)
>>
>> -L.
>
> Thank you, Lyn, I miss you, too, and quite a few others! Ahhh, the
> good old days...

When you were playing around (hilariously, I might add) with posting as Sexy
Soxy, there were many who bemoaned the current state of the group.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem, right?

Post about your kitties. I miss your posts.

Sheelagh >o
July 28th 07, 06:23 PM
On 21 Jul, 19:43, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> >> I love ya hon, don't feel bad!
>
> >Hugs back at you. Thank you. Who says you can't make
> >real friends online. No, wait, that was me! lol
>
> OK, now that the "sorry to have fed that troll" the he-who-shall-not-be-named
> & he-who's-got-too- damned-many-names anyway, and the hugs & good will have
> been splashed all around, can't we all get back to cats? I'm one of the newer
> people here but haven't posted too much because there's been so much garbage
> flying around here instead of cat stuff.
>
> I want to hear about Sheelagh's Ringo, Catnipped's new kitties, Lynee's Levi
> & so on! My guys are, as usual into everything. Yesterday one of the many
> small red squirrels in the side yard was - I'm convinced - deliberately
> teasing the cats like crazy, climbing up& down & dancing around the
> windowsills where the 2 boys had been peacefully sleeping on the desk in the
> sunlight. Papers, clock, telephone - everything went crashing to the floor.
> That squirrel put on a show for Coco & Little Devil for almost 10 minutes & I
> tried to take a couple pictures but I was shooting from inside into the sun,
> so they weren't so successful.
> M.

Thank you Marri,

You might be inrterested to know that Ringo has been in a proper strop
since the Back garden turned into a raging torrent of a stream the
other night, due to flooding. The dyke systems that we have around
here & the drains, overflowed. The water got so high @ one stage that
we feared that they might get flooded too, so we had to pull together
& make a human chain to the house and pass the cats all indoors .
I am pleased to say that the only thing that we lost were a few cat
litters that went floating down the hill whilst we were passing them
all indoors.

The runs are still drying out, & we have made a start on cleaning them
out thoroughly. Unfortunately the flooding led to the sewers
overflowing, so I don't have to describe what the smell outside is
like @ all, do I? We have been advised to re scrub them once they are
completely dried out, again.

In the meanwhile, Lucy(fur!!) has explained to all of the rest of the
cats, that Tilly's room, is hers, & no one (feline or otherwise), is
welcome in there. Ringo is sharing his room with Dot, the little
tortie who chose to have her kittens in our shed- her kittens & Ross
too of course, to take care of their needs. He spends most of his time
looking out of the window, wistfully though.

All of the other residents are spread out across the house, with
Lilly, Belle & Tiggy in the living room, Taz in Luke's room *( Or
should I say Luke in Tazy's room??), & Biffy in the extension where he
is also looking out of the window nearly 24/7. Now that the water is
dissipating, they want to get back out there. Unfortunately, it is not
safe to do that just yet. As long as there is no huge down pour, we
are hoping that the pens should be dry in a week or so. Until then ,
they will have to put up with us, for company & enjoy the outdoor
breeze from behind the screens.

Relatively, we got off very lightly, in as far as we didn't get
flooded out of our home
( I can truely understand how the cats must feel there!!)
We had lots of purrs for help as well, & they must have worked,
because things are starting to look up now..Never underestimate the
power of purrs, I say....
As I type, Ringo is looking @ me with "where's Dinner then", Look..
I guess I had better go and do my duty then.

Speak soon Marri.
Sheelagh >"o"<