PDA

View Full Version : PING PHIL

Matthew
July 20th 07, 05:29 PM
Hey Phil

Just checking how the colonies are doing in this heat?

Sheelagh >o
July 21st 07, 03:11 AM
On 20 Jul, 17:29, "Matthew" > wrote:
> Hey Phil
>
> Just checking how the colonies are doing in this heat?

I would be interested to hear any news that you might have to share
with us too, please?

sheelagh

Phil P.
July 22nd 07, 02:10 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Hey Phil
>
> Just checking how the colonies are doing in this heat?

Hiya Matthew,

You know cats-- they're brilliantly adaptable creatures. They can adapt to
anything-- plus- they also know all the cool spots!

Wanna fall in love? Look at this li'l darlin'
http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Li'l%20Chloe-.jpg

We were at the shelter on another matter when we saw this li'l darlin'. The
shelter was going to kill her because she was born with malformed eyes. The
tech that was carrying her wore glasses-- I wonder if the shelter plans to
euthanize her, too...

Look at this handsome fella- I've never seen such a sad face-- but he's
really a happy and affectionate cat. I named him "Pagliacci".

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Pagliacci.jpg

I don't have much time to take pictures. This kitten season is really bad-
it started early. Looks like its going to be a 3-litter season. I still
have kittens from last kitten season-- that are now a year old and hard to
adopt.

I still have the 3 orange tabbies, too.

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/ccc-turbo.jpg

They're the ones whose mother was killed by a car when they were 7 weeks.
They were on their own for about a month. They stuck together like glue. In
fact they followed each other into the trap. I absolutely will not split
them up. So unless I can find someone who wants 3, year-old orange tabbies
and who can pass my pre-adoption "interrogation", I'll have 3 more
"permanent fosters"-- which is fine by me- and I think by them, too.

What's happening with your shelter?

Phil

Lynne
July 22nd 07, 05:07 PM
on Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:10:27 GMT, "Phil P." > wrote:

> Wanna fall in love?

They are all precious!

Phil, you have such a big heart. It's really beautiful what you do for so
many kitties.

--
Lynne

Matthew
July 22nd 07, 06:10 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>> Hey Phil
>>
>> Just checking how the colonies are doing in this heat?
>
> Hiya Matthew,
>
> You know cats-- they're brilliantly adaptable creatures. They can adapt
> anything-- plus- they also know all the cool spots!
>

> Wanna fall in love? Look at this li'l darlin'
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Li'l%20Chloe-.jpg
>
> We were at the shelter on another matter when we saw this li'l darlin'.
> The
> shelter was going to kill her because she was born with malformed eyes.
> The
> tech that was carrying her wore glasses-- I wonder if the shelter plans to
> euthanize her, too...
>

> Look at this handsome fella- I've never seen such a sad face-- but he's
> really a happy and affectionate cat. I named him "Pagliacci".
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Pagliacci.jpg
>

> I don't have much time to take pictures. This kitten season is really
> bad-
> it started early. Looks like its going to be a 3-litter season. I still
> have kittens from last kitten season-- that are now a year old and hard to
> adopt.
>
> I still have the 3 orange tabbies, too.
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/ccc-turbo.jpg
>
> They're the ones whose mother was killed by a car when they were 7 weeks.
> They were on their own for about a month. They stuck together like glue.
> In
> fact they followed each other into the trap. I absolutely will not split
> them up. So unless I can find someone who wants 3, year-old orange
> tabbies
> and who can pass my pre-adoption "interrogation", I'll have 3 more
> "permanent fosters"-- which is fine by me- and I think by them, too.
>
> What's happening with your shelter?
>
> Phil

Why do you do that to us I want to adopt them all ;-) but sadly I can't I
have too many as it is my pack has gotten to big anymore and I think all
hell will break loose.

The shelter closed a while ago due to the political BS around here. It
still is a battle just to have any type of shelter down in my area. We are
so over run that the no kill shelters that only should have 350 max are well
over 1000 that is just cats.
http://www.local6.com/news/13628931/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000107052007&ts=H

The shelter manager moved the shelter to another state. She is going to
mostly exotic rescues now from my understandings. I told her I would send
money . I got involved financially with a local shelter who is right out
side the jurisdiction of the political BS. She has way to many volunteers
if there could be such a thing. So I just donate now but soon that will
stop also I am selling my stores and the financial background will not be
there any more. But I told her I would do fund raisers to help out when
ever she needed them which is always helpful

But on a happy note. I don't know if you say my post last month but my
Ka'shay is now a year old. Rumble has been off diazepam for over a year
off insulin for over a year been seizure free for 3 years. The fancy feast
diet is working and keeping is blood sugar in check. Spirit appears to be
fully recovered from the pet food recall problems. I am retiring and my
stores have been bought out. I got a divorce for Christmas best gift I ever
got. Now all I need to do is find some gorgeous 20 something red head; who
is looking for a father figure, that can cook and got a trust fund I will be
set. ;-)

You can see the princess here
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=2c17e9e3.pbw
I still can't believe how big she has gotten

I hope all goes well for kitten season. I don't even want to think of the
what is happening at the kill shelters. The politicians wish that they now
left everything alone. The watch dog groups are tearing them up with media
coverage and now lawsuits calling for their removal hopefully it will
straighten up.