PDA

View Full Version : Seven Pounds of Pure Bliss--How Cats Can Surprise You

cybercat
July 21st 07, 03:52 PM
I was just writing yesterday that Gracie seeks me for attention and petting,
but hates to be picked up.

So last night I was reading in bed the way I like to do before I go to
sleep, and she hops up and greets me, gets some petting, stretches out on
the pillow beside me, and I go back to my reading. I got engrossed in the
book and then my thoughts wandered onto one of life's inevitable sad topics,
as they do sometimes. I hear a little "mew?" and she has crept closer, and
is looking questioningly into my face, totally adorable, and purring her
head off. (Usually she is staying there, but far enough away that I can't
pick her up like a baby and fuss over her!! Ha ha, I can't help it, she's
just cute.) She keeps creeping, and I just laugh, petting her, and put my
head down and kind of snuggle/nuzzle her.

And the cat weasels up onto my shoulder and *clings* there, purring. She has
been here for six years this November, and she has never done that. Though
she will lay beside me and go to sleep, and headbut my hand for more
petting, she has not liked to be held. I didn't think any cat did! (Except
maybe Levi when he is suckling Lynne's lip!)

So this little cat is up on my shoulder, all pressed into my neck, and she
is not making biscuits on me but her paws are flexing, as they do when she
is being petted at times. And purring her little head off. It was getting
hot after awhile so I gently pried her lose and she gave little protest
"bark" but settled in at the foot of the bed since my husband had her
pillow.

It really seemed like she was somehow in tune with my feelings, though that
is really pushing it. Like, "mom needs a hug."

What a little treasure she is.

Lynne
July 21st 07, 05:36 PM
on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:52:05 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> It really seemed like she was somehow in tune with my feelings, though
> that is really pushing it. Like, "mom needs a hug."
>
> What a little treasure she is.

That is just too precious!!

--
Lynne