PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from Sheelagh


Matthew
July 25th 07, 06:02 AM
Haven't heard from her since the flooding. Saw bookie post but not sure
if she is affected by the floods in the UK

cybercat
July 25th 07, 06:12 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
...
> Haven't heard from her since the flooding. Saw bookie post but not sure
> if she is affected by the floods in the UK

She is fine! We have been corresponding today and tonight, she didn't want
to post here to add OT stuff. She made a nice dinner tonight for her family,
and is in good spirits.

She did say that Bookie is closer to the Thames and she was worried about
her.

I know she will appreciate your asking, Matthew.

Did Sheelagh tell you about her daughter graduating college with honors last
week? Ask her nice and she will send you a picture. What a lovely girl, and
clearly smart too. Sheelagh has a lot to be proud of. :)

Matthew
July 25th 07, 06:38 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Haven't heard from her since the flooding. Saw bookie post but not
>> sure if she is affected by the floods in the UK
>
> She is fine! We have been corresponding today and tonight, she didn't want
> to post here to add OT stuff. She made a nice dinner tonight for her
> family, and is in good spirits.
>
> She did say that Bookie is closer to the Thames and she was worried about
> her.
>
> I know she will appreciate your asking, Matthew.
>
> Did Sheelagh tell you about her daughter graduating college with honors
> last week? Ask her nice and she will send you a picture. What a lovely
> girl, and clearly smart too. Sheelagh has a lot to be proud of. :)
Yeappie Gorgeous young thing she is too bad I am an old fart and an ocean
away he he ;-). I sent her an email asking if she was ok. I just had not
heard from her yet. We been corresponding before who will not be named
caused his fiasco. Me and her have gotten close and I am glad you both have
also

I saw bookie post 7/23/2007 in the morning @ 8:12 am

cybercat
July 25th 07, 01:53 PM
"Matthew" > wrote
>> girl, and clearly smart too. Sheelagh has a lot to be proud of. :)
> Yeappie Gorgeous young thing she is too bad I am an old fart and an
> ocean away he he ;-). I sent her an email asking if she was ok. I just
> had not heard from her yet. [...]

The time difference always messes me up, but I think some of the time
you and I are up, Sheelagh is fast asleep.

> Me and her have gotten close and I am glad you both have also

I shouds have known she would send you the pictures too.
Sheelagh thinks the world of you. I have enjoyed getting to
know her, she's fun to talk to. In fact, when I write to Sheelagh
I find I am quite the windbag. ;) (I have apologized to her for my past
irritability.

>
> I saw bookie post 7/23/2007 in the morning @ 8:12 am

Hope we hear from her soon.

Sheelagh >o
July 25th 07, 03:05 PM
On 25 Jul, 13:53, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote
>
> >> girl, and clearly smart too. Sheelagh has a lot to be proud of. :)
> > Yeappie Gorgeous young thing she is too bad I am an old fart and an
> > ocean away he he ;-). I sent her an email asking if she was ok. I just
> > had not heard from her yet. [...]
>
> The time difference always messes me up, but I think some of the time
> you and I are up, Sheelagh is fast asleep.
>
> > Me and her have gotten close and I am glad you both have also
>
> I shouds have known she would send you the pictures too.
> Sheelagh thinks the world of you. I have enjoyed getting to
> know her, she's fun to talk to. In fact, when I write to Sheelagh
> I find I am quite the windbag. ;) (I have apologized to her for my past
> irritability.
>
>
>
> > I saw bookie post 7/23/2007 in the morning @ 8:12 am
>
> Hope we hear from her soon.

Hello,

Just to let you know that I have chased all of the cat litter trays
down the road & managed to retrieve six out of the ten that were in
the back garden last night!!
I think we got the kitties indoors just in time. It makes for a very
full house when you consider that there 7 adult cats & four kittens,
not to mention 4 very noisy forgetful children who are in & out of
the house all day too. I feel like I am constantly standing next the
door, closing it behind them, before we end up with an escaped Kitty-
very easy to do, & they are so hard to find... all cats seem quite
happy to be indoors, except for Lucy(fur!!), who has made it clear to
all of the rest of the cats, that Tilly's room is totally off limits
to all of them, except for her of course, LOL :o)

Just waiting for the runs to dry out before we can allow them back out
there. I also need to wash the entire pens down in jeys fluid as well,
because the overflowing sewage has mixed into the rain water in the
storm drains & corrupted the clean water supply. We had been issued
with crates of bottled water to survive on, but now they have managed
to bring in water tanks @ the end of each road, for us to help
ourselves to what we need. there is a lot to be grateful for though.
We are safe, our kids are safe, our house hasn't been flooded (so
far!!), & the cats are relatively happy as well.

Bookie is fine. I spoke to her this morning via email.

She has gone to Cambridge University to take part in their end of year
festivities, including boating on the river ( which sounds a little
dangerous given the recent rainfall, but then again, she knows what
she is doing when it comes to rowing. I trust her judgment! She is
there until Friday, when the event culminates in a big BBQ. her only
regret is that she couldn't take her cats, Terrie & Jessie, with her,
to sunbath on the river bank whilst she rows, Lol.

She was also telling me that there used to be a BIG HUGE FAT Tabby cat
that used to belong to one of the masters there, but he got old and
died. however, she knows some of the proffesers(fellows) there, who
are allowed to keep cats themselves on the college grounds. One in
particular has a pair of Burmese demonds that she can go and cuddle
should the need arise....
We are both lucky. compared to thers, we have done very well- Like
when Catrina Hit the USA, so many people have lost so much.
It's them that need our purrs to be honest....
Thanks for thinking of us though. we appreciate it very much...
Sheelagh >"o"<

bookie
July 25th 07, 10:44 PM
On 25 Jul, 06:02, "Matthew" > wrote:
> Haven't heard from her since the flooding. Saw bookie post but not sure
> if she is affected by the floods in the UK

i did write long winded reponse but then my internet went down (bloody
wireless connection) but basically there are floods but i am not
really affected, we are up a hill and a little back fromthe river
thames (half a mile?) so unlikely to be flooded out, supposed to be a
massive body of water travelling down the thames from the source at
lechlade through oxford (which is flooded, a good thing if you ask
me), then reading, henley and then us on friday probably.
the thames here is over the banks but dont; think anyone in my village
is havign to pump out their front room just yet.
can't go out rowing though which is a shame, river flowing too fast,
but only on the thames. The river cam in Cambridge not affected it
seems and business going on there as normal.


by the way someone mentioned resident cats in the cambridge university
colleges, well you might want to check out this link

http://www.pem.cam.ac.uk/album/cats-01.html

Kit is the pembroke college cat, who is apparantly in charge of the
admissions office, seems to like study architecture and the local bird
population by the looks of things.

bookie

Sheelagh >o
July 25th 07, 11:35 PM
On 25 Jul, 22:44, bookie > wrote:
> On 25 Jul, 06:02, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> > Haven't heard from her since the flooding. Saw bookie post but not sure
> > if she is affected by the floods in the UK
>
> i did write long winded reponse but then my internet went down (bloody
> wireless connection) but basically there are floods but i am not
> really affected, we are up a hill and a little back fromthe river
> thames (half a mile?) so unlikely to be flooded out, supposed to be a
> massive body of water travelling down the thames from the source at
> lechlade through oxford (which is flooded, a good thing if you ask
> me), then reading, henley and then us on friday probably.
> the thames here is over the banks but dont; think anyone in my village
> is havign to pump out their front room just yet.
> can't go out rowing though which is a shame, river flowing too fast,
> but only on the thames. The river cam in Cambridge not affected it
> seems and business going on there as normal.
>
> by the way someone mentioned resident cats in the cambridge university
> colleges, well you might want to check out this link
>
> http://www.pem.cam.ac.uk/album/cats-01.html
>
> Kit is the pembroke college cat, who is apparantly in charge of the
> admissions office, seems to like study architecture and the local bird
> population by the looks of things.
>
> bookie

It was me, Lol.
Spiffing Bookie...
No University is a real one without it's own resident cat, is it?
Shame about the rowing though. never mind, best safe than sorry, hey?
Email you later. we have had the dykes overflowing here & the River
Ouse has burst it's banks too. Damned nuisance really. All of the
Moggies are indoors here, through nessecity. Raw sewage is not a great
deal of fun either.
Sheelagh >"o"<

PS: Thanks for the link. it has brought a real smile to my face, which
has been rather lacking all day after fetching clean water here. Kit
looks wonderful!!
I will show you Dot's kittens now that they are a little older, they
are sooo cute.

bookie
July 26th 07, 03:13 PM
On 25 Jul, 23:35, "Sheelagh >o<" >
wrote:
> On 25 Jul, 22:44, bookie > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 25 Jul, 06:02, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> > > Haven't heard from her since the flooding. Saw bookie post but not sure
> > > if she is affected by the floods in the UK
>
> > i did write long winded reponse but then my internet went down (bloody
> > wireless connection) but basically there are floods but i am not
> > really affected, we are up a hill and a little back fromthe river
> > thames (half a mile?) so unlikely to be flooded out, supposed to be a
> > massive body of water travelling down the thames from the source at
> > lechlade through oxford (which is flooded, a good thing if you ask
> > me), then reading, henley and then us on friday probably.
> > the thames here is over the banks but dont; think anyone in my village
> > is havign to pump out their front room just yet.
> > can't go out rowing though which is a shame, river flowing too fast,
> > but only on the thames. The river cam in Cambridge not affected it
> > seems and business going on there as normal.
>
> > by the way someone mentioned resident cats in the cambridge university
> > colleges, well you might want to check out this link
>
> >http://www.pem.cam.ac.uk/album/cats-01.html
>
> > Kit is the pembroke college cat, who is apparantly in charge of the
> > admissions office, seems to like study architecture and the local bird
> > population by the looks of things.
>
> > bookie
>
> It was me, Lol.
> Spiffing Bookie...
> No University is a real one without it's own resident cat, is it?
> Shame about the rowing though. never mind, best safe than sorry, hey?
> Email you later. we have had the dykes overflowing here & the River
> Ouse has burst it's banks too. Damned nuisance really. All of the
> Moggies are indoors here, through nessecity. Raw sewage is not a great
> deal of fun either.
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> PS: Thanks for the link. it has brought a real smile to my face, which
> has been rather lacking all day after fetching clean water here. Kit
> looks wonderful!!
> I will show you Dot's kittens now that they are a little older, they
> are sooo cute.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

yes i heard the ouse has 'oozed out' all over the place, st neots
regatta this weekend has been cancelled because of it which is a shame
as running events like
that is how smaller clubs make the money to keep going.

still means I don't feel duty bound to go up there and support my
friends who were going to be racing and can instead go to a cat show
in bracknell.

i had a book called 'college cats' which my tutor gave to me on my
graduation day as a present, her cats had been featured in it so when
it was published she went out and bought loads of copies. the book is
really cool and includes pretty much all ofthe resident cats at the
various college at oxford and cambridge, although there were no
pictures of Trinity's beloved but sorely missed Titan, the fattest
tabby cat onthe face of the earth. he was somewhat outsized because
after being fed by the porters and the kitchen staff he woud then go
and visit several different students for second and third dinners of
tuna or sardines later on, before selecting the warmest student bed
in Great court to sleep on. He really had a charmed life and he was
loved by everyone i think. Not sure what he died of, probably obesity.

i was given a similar book by the same authore (richard surman) of
'Cathedral cats' with stories and photos of various cats who reside
inthe old cathedrals in england, again, lots of funny stories of cats
disturbing the peace and dignity of morning mass by jumping on the
organ keyboard and that sort of thing.

bookie