PDA

View Full Version : 16 Year Old Cat

July 26th 07, 09:51 PM
Thank you so much for the advise! I did call another place and they
told me to try wet food. He is drinking a lot of water and his cat
milk, so he's ok in that department. He did eat some but not as much
as I had hoped and so far he has kept it down. He's also sleeping a
lot! I do have a nephew that just got a puppy that has kennel cough;
do you think a cat could get that? Don't think so, but you never
know. Thank you again for the advise, and yes we will be taking him
in.

Rene S.
July 26th 07, 09:53 PM
On Jul 26, 3:51 pm, wrote:
> Thank you so much for the advise! I did call another place and they
> told me to try wet food. He is drinking a lot of water and his cat
> milk, so he's ok in that department. He did eat some but not as much
> as I had hoped and so far he has kept it down. He's also sleeping a
> lot! I do have a nephew that just got a puppy that has kennel cough;
> do you think a cat could get that? Don't think so, but you never
> know. Thank you again for the advise, and yes we will be taking him
> in.

Let us know what this other vet says. Also, if he's drinking a lot of
water, it's possible that he might have kidney issues. Make sure to
ask about that too.

Matthew
July 26th 07, 10:06 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Thank you so much for the advise! I did call another place and they
> told me to try wet food. He is drinking a lot of water and his cat
> milk, so he's ok in that department. He did eat some but not as much
> as I had hoped and so far he has kept it down. He's also sleeping a
> lot! I do have a nephew that just got a puppy that has kennel cough;
> do you think a cat could get that? Don't think so, but you never
> know. Thank you again for the advise, and yes we will be taking him
> in.

IMO Stop the milk for now it can cause some upset stomach issue till it is
all resolved
Cats sleep a lot ;-) you just might be noticing more now since there is a
problem
The OP beat me to it but drinking a lot of water is a major sign for a vet
visit. Could be diabetes or kidney problems. That is how I noticed my
Rumble had a problem he was playing and drinking more.

cybercat
July 26th 07, 10:35 PM
"Matthew" > wrote i:

Yes, that was my thought too. Milk used to give my cat really bad runs.

> Cats sleep a lot ;-) you just might be noticing more now since there is a
> problem
> The OP beat me to it but drinking a lot of water is a major sign for a vet
> visit. Could be diabetes or kidney problems.

Absolutely.