PDA

View Full Version : Da Boyz - Full Video

CatNipped
July 28th 07, 04:26 PM
This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will take a
while to download.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Da_Boyz/Da_Boyz.mpg

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

John Doe
July 28th 07, 08:35 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote:

> This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will
> take a while to download.
>
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Da_Boyz/Da_Boyz.mpg

I suppose you already know this, but another way to distribute a video
is by uploading it to a binaries group.

For example:

alt.binaries.friends

If your server carries it, that's a good one since it's practically
extinct (no other posts). Uploading the binary might take some getting
used to, but it's easy enough with practice.

Much thanks for the video.

roachies shuffle
July 29th 07, 06:38 PM
On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe > wrote:

> Much thanks for the video.

no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you

if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it, you'd
might could be a happier person there in TEXAS

roachies shuffle
July 29th 07, 06:40 PM
On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe > wrote:
> "CatNipped" > wrote:
> > This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will
> > take a while to download.
>
> >http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Da_Boyz/Da_Boyz.mpg
>
> I suppose you already know this, but another way to distribute a video
> is by uploading it to a binaries group.
>
> For example:
>
> alt.binaries.friends
>
> If your server carries it, that's a good one since it's practically
> extinct (no other posts). Uploading the binary might take some getting
> used to, but it's easy enough with practice.
>
> Much thanks for the video.

oh and, no charge dude

John Doe
July 29th 07, 09:24 PM
roachies shuffle <brryprrsh yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe <j... usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Much thanks for the video.
>
> no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you

Fortunately everyone isn't as chronically insulting and vile as you,
Barry.

> if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it,

If the video were uploaded to a newsgroup server, typical World Wide
Web bandwidth problems can be eliminated.

But it's all good, I just remembered to enable Flash Player so I can
see the video now.

To the original poster CatNipped: that's cute.

> you'd might could be a happier person there in TEXAS

I don't think happiness is ever on your agenda, Barry, or you are very
misguided in search of.

> From: roachies shuffle <brryprrsh yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Da Boyz - Full Video
> Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:38:47 -0700

CatNipped
July 29th 07, 10:51 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
et...
> "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
>> This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will
>> take a while to download.
>>
>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Da_Boyz/Da_Boyz.mpg
>>

> I suppose you already know this, but another way to distribute a video
> is by uploading it to a binaries group.
>
> For example:
>
> alt.binaries.friends
>
> If your server carries it, that's a good one since it's practically
> extinct (no other posts). Uploading the binary might take some getting
> used to, but it's easy enough with practice.

What's the advantage of doing that as opposed to posting it on my web site?
I know the files are big (especially the last one I just uploaded) - but
that's probably I could do with my software if I could just figure out how
(I'm using a Kodak camera which saves it as an .mov, and ArcSoft Showbiz DVD
to change it into an .mpg). I looked at the settings but I don't see
anywhere that I could change the compression. I thought muting the sound
might same some file space, but it came out exactly the same size.

Hugs,

CatNipped

> Much thanks for the video.

bookie
July 30th 07, 12:44 AM
On 29 Jul, 22:51, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "John Doe" > wrote in message
>
> et...
>

> > "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
> >> This is the full video of "da boyz". It is about 29Mb, so it will
> >> take a while to download.
>
> >>http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Da_Boyz/Da_Boyz.mpg
>
> > I suppose you already know this, but another way to distribute a video
> > is by uploading it to a binaries group.
>
> > For example:
>
> > alt.binaries.friends
>
> > If your server carries it, that's a good one since it's practically
> > extinct (no other posts). Uploading the binary might take some getting
> > used to, but it's easy enough with practice.
>
> What's the advantage of doing that as opposed to posting it on my web site?
> I know the files are big (especially the last one I just uploaded) - but
> that's probably I could do with my software if I could just figure out how
> (I'm using a Kodak camera which saves it as an .mov, and ArcSoft Showbiz DVD
> to change it into an .mpg). I looked at the settings but I don't see
> anywhere that I could change the compression. I thought muting the sound
> might same some file space, but it came out exactly the same size.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>

> > Much thanks for the video.- Hide quoted text -

i have just given up on dowlaoding this movie, i started trying to,
then made a cup of tea, did some hoovering, finished the crossword and
it is still downloading, so I have given up.
i am sure it was very entertaining indeed

bookie

bookie
July 30th 07, 12:47 AM
On 29 Jul, 18:38, roachies shuffle > wrote:
> On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe > wrote:
>
> > Much thanks for the video.
>
> no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you
>
> if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it, you'd
> might could be a happier person there in TEXAS

what the **** is this guy on about now? what does "you'd might could
be a happier person there in TEXAS" mean anyway? is it some sort of
code?
anyone willing and able to translate?
bookie

mariib via CatKB.com
July 30th 07, 01:29 AM
bookie wrote:
>> > Much thanks for the video.
>>
>> no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you
>>
>> if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it, you'd
>> might could be a happier person there in TEXAS
>
> what the **** is this guy on about now? what does "you'd might could
>be a happier person there in TEXAS" mean anyway? is it some sort of
>code?
>anyone willing and able to translate?
>bookie

Not code & have no idea what he's unhappy about now, but Barry seems to be be
saying something typically obscure about catnipped who lives (I'm pretty sure)
in Houston, Texas. The video of orange kitties is cute to watch.
M.

John Doe
July 30th 07, 04:22 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote:

> What's the advantage of doing that as opposed to posting it on my
> web site?

After I temporarily enabled Flash Player, it worked great. I
definitely like being taken directly from here to there to view the
file. The fact there is no advertising makes it really very nice.

If you ever have bandwidth problems, or if you want to offer a bunch
of files for download and don't know of an easy way to do that from
your web site, then consider using a binaries group.

I enjoy downloading a file to my hard drive. For me that makes for
easier/convenient viewing. But I can probably do that from the link
you post, by changing a browser or QuickTime setting.

There are many possibilities. We aren't out of the woods yet.

> I know the files are big (especially the last one I just uploaded) -
> but that's probably I could do with my software if I could just
> figure out how (I'm using a Kodak camera which saves it as an .mov,
> and ArcSoft Showbiz DVD to change it into an .mpg).

Unless changing it to an MPG reduces file size, leave it as a MOV? My
browser opened it with QuickTime which is a MOV file player. QuickTime
is a free download for end users.

> I looked at the settings but I don't see anywhere that I could
> change the compression. I thought muting the sound might same some
> file space, but it came out exactly the same size.

Just in case you didn't already know.
During recording with your Kodak camera, likely settings that affect
file size are movie size (like 320x240), frame rate (like 15 or more),
and movie length. After a quick glance, apparently my bottom-end Nikon
doesn't allow recording without sound. It does allow recording at
several different picture sizes, and at 15 or 30 frames per second.

Good luck and have fun.

> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>

>> Much thanks for the video.

Charlie Wilkes
July 30th 07, 04:30 AM
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:47:16 -0700, bookie wrote:

> On 29 Jul, 18:38, roachies shuffle > wrote:
>> On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe > wrote:
>>
>> > Much thanks for the video.
>>
>> no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you
>>
>> if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it, you'd
>> might could be a happier person there in TEXAS
>
> what the **** is this guy on about now? what does "you'd might could
> be a happier person there in TEXAS" mean anyway? is it some sort of
> code?
> anyone willing and able to translate? bookie

It's a simple matter of nutballs on parade, Bookie.

John Doe posts in the cat and computer groups. He has attracted the
attention of a Usenet stalker who has been posting in multiple groups,
with an all-caps subject line, to the effect that John lives at such-and-
such address in Texas. Barry's reference ("there in TEXAS") is his way
of teasing John about the stalker.

Charlie

CatNipped[_2_]
July 30th 07, 01:43 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
et...
> "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
>> What's the advantage of doing that as opposed to posting it on my
>> web site?
>
> After I temporarily enabled Flash Player, it worked great. I
> definitely like being taken directly from here to there to view the
> file. The fact there is no advertising makes it really very nice.
>
> If you ever have bandwidth problems, or if you want to offer a bunch
> of files for download and don't know of an easy way to do that from
> your web site, then consider using a binaries group.
>
> I enjoy downloading a file to my hard drive. For me that makes for
> easier/convenient viewing. But I can probably do that from the link
> you post, by changing a browser or QuickTime setting.
>
> There are many possibilities. We aren't out of the woods yet.
>
>> I know the files are big (especially the last one I just uploaded) -
>> but that's probably I could do with my software if I could just
>> figure out how (I'm using a Kodak camera which saves it as an .mov,
>> and ArcSoft Showbiz DVD to change it into an .mpg).
>
> Unless changing it to an MPG reduces file size, leave it as a MOV? My
> browser opened it with QuickTime which is a MOV file player. QuickTime
> is a free download for end users.

Yes, changing it to MPG makes it MUCH smaller in size. There's probably
also a setting to let you compress it even further, but I haven't had to
time to really look into how to do it.

>> I looked at the settings but I don't see anywhere that I could
>> change the compression. I thought muting the sound might same some
>> file space, but it came out exactly the same size.
>
> Just in case you didn't already know.
> During recording with your Kodak camera, likely settings that affect
> file size are movie size (like 320x240), frame rate (like 15 or more),
> and movie length. After a quick glance, apparently my bottom-end Nikon
> doesn't allow recording without sound. It does allow recording at
> several different picture sizes, and at 15 or 30 frames per second.
>
> Good luck and have fun.

I'll have to look into that also. My Kodak is really tiny - the size of a
credit card and about 1/4 thick. It's digital and has LOTS of different
settings. I may have to sic my technophile husband on it to see what it can
do. ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>

>>> Much thanks for the video.

roachies shuffle
July 31st 07, 11:37 AM
On Jul 29, 4:24 pm, John Doe > wrote:
> roachies shuffle <brryprrsh yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe <j... usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
>
> >> Much thanks for the video.
>
> > no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you
>
> Fortunately everyone isn't as chronically insulting and vile as you,
> Barry.
>
> > if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it,
>
> If the video were uploaded to a newsgroup server, typical World Wide
> Web bandwidth problems can be eliminated.
>
> But it's all good, I just remembered to enable Flash Player so I can
> see the video now.
>
> To the original poster CatNipped: that's cute.
>
> > you'd might could be a happier person there in TEXAS
>
> I don't think happiness is ever on your agenda, Barry, or you are very
> misguided in search of.

> > From: roachies shuffle <brryprrsh yahoo.com>
> > Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> > Subject: Re: Da Boyz - Full Video
> > Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:38:47 -0700
> > Organization:http://groups.google.com

I'm happy 90 percent of the time, the other 10 percent is spent being,
level and or unhappy

I only come here about 10 percent of my time
I always guarantee the freshest anger

roachies shuffle
July 31st 07, 11:41 AM
On Jul 29, 7:47 pm, bookie > wrote:
> On 29 Jul, 18:38, roachies shuffle > wrote:
>
> > On Jul 28, 7:35 pm, John Doe > wrote:
>
> > > Much thanks for the video.
>
> > no bitch, everybody can't be as perfect as you
>
> > if you spent more time enjoying life rather than "tweaking" it, you'd
> > might could be a happier person there in TEXAS
>
> what the **** is this guy on about now? what does "you'd might could
> be a happier person there in TEXAS" mean anyway? is it some sort of
> code?
> anyone willing and able to translate?
> bookie

right, it's all about context.

I had forgotten John D, is not only soul in Texas.
That little part was co-incidence.

it WAS about his stalker. but we already knew John Doe lived in Texas,
in fact, I had posted one day and gave him directions to his local
pharmacy. (seeing that we knew where he lived and all)

mariib via CatKB.com
July 31st 07, 01:38 PM
roachies shuffle wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>> anyone willing and able to translate?
>> bookie
>
>right, it's all about context.
>
>I had forgotten John D, is not only soul in Texas.
>That little part was co-incidence.
>
>it WAS about his stalker. but we already knew John Doe lived in Texas,
>in fact, I had posted one day and gave him directions to his local
>pharmacy. (seeing that we knew where he lived and all)

and I'll stick with only talking about cats,
M.

Sheelagh >o
July 31st 07, 02:18 PM
On 31 Jul, 13:38, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
> >> anyone willing and able to translate?
> >> bookie
>
> >right, it's all about context.
>
> >I had forgotten John D, is not only soul in Texas.
> >That little part was co-incidence.
>
> >it WAS about his stalker. but we already knew John Doe lived in Texas,
> >in fact, I had posted one day and gave him directions to his local
> >pharmacy. (seeing that we knew where he lived and all)
>
> and I'll stick with only talking about cats,
> M.

I think you have a damned good point there Marri ;o)
Sheelagh>"o"<
PS: How is my cat coco today?

mariib via CatKB.com
July 31st 07, 09:55 PM
Sheelagh >o< wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
>> --
>
>I think you have a damned good point there Marri ;o)
>Sheelagh>"o"<
>PS: How is my cat coco today?

He's blissfully snoozing in a patch of sun on the desk built into the bay
window beside me. The other boy is in one of the window hammocks in the back
busily watchingnthe birds, butterflies & squirrels. It's very hot & humid
here today - the indoor-outdoor thermo is reading 97.7 F. I don't enjoy the
extreme heat & will be going tonight down to the waterfront (to see the
Chinese Lantern Festival at Ontario Place where I'm sure it'll be cooler.
Last year the lantern sets were spectacular & we'll see what they're like
this year)

Has the water started drying out in your area? Have you been able to let your
cats back outside?
M.