PDA

View Full Version : Skin spots

Ken Knecht
July 31st 07, 02:41 PM
My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
medications suggested?

I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

CatNipped[_2_]
July 31st 07, 02:53 PM
"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
> ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
> but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
> go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
> medications suggested?
>
> I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?

What did the vet say it was? Just a wild guess since I haven't seen it and
I'm not a vet, but I would consider ringworm.

Hugs,

CatNipped

> TIA
>

> --
> Untie the two knots to email me
>
> Every silver lining has a cloud.

Sheelagh >o
July 31st 07, 03:28 PM
On 31 Jul, 14:41, Ken Knecht > wrote:
> My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
> ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
> but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
> go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
> medications suggested?
>
> I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Untie the two knots to email me
>
> Every silver lining has a cloud.

Benedryl is a antihistamine. If that is what your vet told you to do,
then check by making a quick call to them asking them to confirm that
this is in actual fact what they wanted you to do, & whilst your
there, it might by an idea to ask them why they suggested that too.
Good Luck,
Sheelagh >"o"<

sheerin
August 1st 07, 02:39 AM
On Jul 31, 9:41 am, Ken Knecht > wrote:
> My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
> ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
> but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
> go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
> medications suggested?
>
> I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Untie the two knots to email me
>
> Every silver lining has a cloud.

could be fleas? but yeah try for ringworm

mariib via CatKB.com
August 1st 07, 06:35 AM
Ken Knecht wrote:
>My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
>ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
>but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
>go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
>medications suggested?
>
>I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?
>
>TIA

I got my cat Coco when he was about 6 months old & over the next year, he got
similar small red spots in front of his ears above his eyes 3 or 4 times,
which each time developed into larger lesions that looked kind of ugly. The
vet said it was some type of eczema and/or allergy & I found putting on
ointments was useless as Coco rubbed it off immediately. He was given a
steroid shot a couple times & after the 4th bout, my vet suggested he be
given Derm Caps daily which is a liquid vitamin supplement with omega-3 and
omega-6 fatty acids. He gets 0.5 ml. every day in his food & has been for the
past 4 years, & hasn't had a recurrence since.

Derm Caps liquid drops are not expensive, is easy to add to canned food, is
well tolerated by my cat & is worth a try.
M.