PDA

View Full Version : Stop, Drop & Roll

bonbon
August 1st 07, 05:09 PM
We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.

-bonbon

Sherry
August 1st 07, 05:12 PM
On Aug 1, 11:09 am, bonbon > wrote:
> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>
> -bonbon

Ha ha. Biskit does a variation of that. If she thinks you're looking
at her, she immediately
flops down hard on her side. There's even an audible "oof" sound when
she hits the floor.
The proper response to this is..."Ooooo Bikkie you're so cuuuuute."

Sherry

Noon Cat Nick[_2_]
August 1st 07, 05:17 PM
bonbon wrote:

> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>
> -bonbon

My own American Shorthair Leo does something akin to that. When he sees
me, he runs over, stops, stretches, then keels over to one side. Kinda
reminds me of "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In" with Arte Johnson riding the
tricycle when he suddenly hits an obstacle and falls over.

jmagerl[_2_]
August 1st 07, 05:17 PM
IS this some kind of normal behavior? BEcause Mr. Bonkers does the same
thing. When you come into the room he comes over and then thuds into the
floor. We call him Mr. Ploppers. Usually he wants a very vigorous side
rubbing.

"Sherry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Aug 1, 11:09 am, bonbon > wrote:
>> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
>> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
>> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
>> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>>
>> -bonbon
>
> Ha ha. Biskit does a variation of that. If she thinks you're looking
> at her, she immediately
> flops down hard on her side. There's even an audible "oof" sound when
> she hits the floor.
> The proper response to this is..."Ooooo Bikkie you're so cuuuuute."
>
> Sherry

bonbon
August 1st 07, 05:33 PM
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:12:09 -0700, Sherry > wrote:

>On Aug 1, 11:09 am, bonbon > wrote:
>> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
>> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
>> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
>> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>>
>> -bonbon
>
>Ha ha. Biskit does a variation of that. If she thinks you're looking
>at her, she immediately
>flops down hard on her side. There's even an audible "oof" sound when
>she hits the floor.
>The proper response to this is..."Ooooo Bikkie you're so cuuuuute."
>
>Sherry

Would your beloved little Biskit just happen to be a tuxedo? I know
how you LOVE the tuxedo's Sherry!

All My Love,

-bonbon

bonbon
August 1st 07, 05:36 PM
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:17:22 GMT, Noon Cat Nick
> wrote:

>My own American Shorthair Leo does something akin to that. When he sees
>me, he runs over, stops, stretches, then keels over to one side.

>Kinda
>reminds me of "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In" with Arte Johnson riding the
>tricycle when he suddenly hits an obstacle and falls over.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! OMG - you should have put a BW with that post. I
totally remember that from 'Laugh-In'. Thanks for the blast from the
past. I love it.

-bonbon

bonbon
August 1st 07, 05:38 PM
I guess 'Normal' is relative. It's something Bobby Pants has always
done, so.......YES......it is a normal activity.

-bonbon

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:17:30 GMT, "jmagerl" >
wrote:

>IS this some kind of normal behavior? BEcause Mr. Bonkers does the same
>thing. When you come into the room he comes over and then thuds into the
>floor. We call him Mr. Ploppers. Usually he wants a very vigorous side
>rubbing.
>
>"Sherry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> On Aug 1, 11:09 am, bonbon > wrote:
>>> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
>>> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
>>> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
>>> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>>>
>>> -bonbon
>>
>> Ha ha. Biskit does a variation of that. If she thinks you're looking
>> at her, she immediately
>> flops down hard on her side. There's even an audible "oof" sound when
>> she hits the floor.
>> The proper response to this is..."Ooooo Bikkie you're so cuuuuute."
>>
>> Sherry

John Doe
August 1st 07, 05:40 PM
bonbon > wrote:

> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.

Where's the video?

> -bonbon

bonbon
August 1st 07, 06:16 PM
When DH gets home from the office, I'll have him dig out the video
camera and show me how to put it up on a link. It'll be worth the
watch. Bobby Pants is a real character.

-bonbon

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:40:04 GMT, John Doe >
wrote:

>bonbon > wrote:
>
>> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
>> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
>> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
>> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>
>Where's the video?
>

>> -bonbon

Sherry
August 1st 07, 06:44 PM
On Aug 1, 11:33 am, bonbon > wrote:
> Would your beloved little Biskit just happen to be a tuxedo? I know
> how you LOVE the tuxedo's Sherry!
>
> All My Love,
>
> -bonbon-

Naw, Bikkie's not a tuxedo. Well, kind of. She does have the white
vest & spats. But she's more like a leisure suit
than a tuxedo, LOL.
Here's a pic of Biskit looking at a picture of herself I took when she
strayed up. Kind of a "before & after"
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/makeover.jpg

Bikkie again
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/bikkiepost.jpg

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/biskit.jpg

Sherry

CatNipped[_2_]
August 1st 07, 07:06 PM
"bonbon" > wrote in message
> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.

How adorable is that!!??? Does he display "gittchee belly" or "upside-downy
head" at the end of the roll?

Hugs,

CatNipped

> -bonbon

bonbon
August 1st 07, 07:24 PM
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:44:44 -0700, Sherry > wrote:

Thanks for the pics Sherry. Your Biskit has some serious "bib" action
going on there. What a beaut.

-bonbon

>Here's a pic of Biskit looking at a picture of herself I took when she
>strayed up. Kind of a "before & after"
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/makeover.jpg
>
>Bikkie again
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/bikkiepost.jpg
>
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/biskit.jpg
>
>Sherry

bonbon
August 1st 07, 07:27 PM
On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:06:52 -0500, "CatNipped"
> wrote:

>"bonbon" > wrote in message
>> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
>> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
>> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
>> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>
>How adorable is that!!??? Does he display "gittchee belly" or "upside-downy
>head" at the end of the roll?

Oh you know it.
Then he starts kneading invisible bread. He has these front paws of
such magnitude, that when fully stretched out are actually quite
scary.

-bonbon

>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped
>

>> -bonbon

CatNipped[_2_]
August 1st 07, 07:49 PM
"bonbon" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:06:52 -0500, "CatNipped"
> > wrote:
>
>>"bonbon" > wrote in message
>>> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
>>> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
>>> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
>>> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>>
>>How adorable is that!!??? Does he display "gittchee belly" or
>>"upside-downy
>>head" at the end of the roll?
>
> Oh you know it.
> Then he starts kneading invisible bread. He has these front paws of
> such magnitude, that when fully stretched out are actually quite
> scary.

Tell me about it!
http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Sammy23/P001401.jpg

;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

> -bonbon
>
>>Hugs,
>>
>>CatNipped
>>

>>> -bonbon

bonbon
August 1st 07, 08:59 PM
>Tell me about it!

Heck, I can do better than that.......I'll email you our address and
you can stop by and witness it for yourself. Guaranteed worth the
trip. Bobby Pants IS all that.

-bonbon

>http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Sammy23/P001401.jpg
Hugs,

>CatNipped

bookie
August 2nd 07, 12:28 AM
On 1 Aug, 18:44, Sherry > wrote:
> On Aug 1, 11:33 am, bonbon > wrote:
>
> > Would your beloved little Biskit just happen to be a tuxedo? I know
> > how you LOVE the tuxedo's Sherry!
>
> > All My Love,
>
> > -bonbon-
>
> Naw, Bikkie's not a tuxedo. Well, kind of. She does have the white
> vest & spats. But she's more like a leisure suit
> than a tuxedo, LOL.
> Here's a pic of Biskit looking at a picture of herself I took when she
> strayed up. Kind of a "before & after"http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/makeover.jpg
>
> Bikkie againhttp://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/bikkiepost.jpg
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/biskit.jpg
>
> Sherry

she's gorgeous! looks like she has ideas about becoming the first
female member of ZZTop though. has she ever shown any musical talents?
guitar? maybe wearing long leather trenchcoats?

bookie

bookie
August 2nd 07, 12:30 AM
On 1 Aug, 20:59, bonbon > wrote:
> >Tell me about it!
>
> Heck, I can do better than that.......I'll email you our address and
> you can stop by and witness it for yourself. Guaranteed worth the
> trip. Bobby Pants IS all that.
>
> -bonbon
>

> >http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Sammy23/P001401.jpg
> Hugs,
>
> >CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

do we get any photos in the meantime?

cybercat
August 2nd 07, 01:24 AM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Aug 1, 11:09 am, bonbon > wrote:
>> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters into a
>> room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact, dashes towards
>> said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet away, and "Stops, Drops
>> and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining to watch.
>>
>> -bonbon
>
> Ha ha. Biskit does a variation of that. If she thinks you're looking
> at her, she immediately
> flops down hard on her side. There's even an audible "oof" sound when
> she hits the floor.
> The proper response to this is..."Ooooo Bikkie you're so cuuuuute."

That is precious. :)

Cheryl
August 2nd 07, 01:41 AM
On Wed 01 Aug 2007 12:12:09p, Sherry wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ups.com>:

> On Aug 1, 11:09 am, bonbon > wrote:
>> We have a long haired manx, Bobby Pants. When ever he enters
>> into a room where humans are situated, he makes eye contact,
>> dashes towards said human, SLAMS on the brakes about 4 feet
>> away, and "Stops, Drops and Rolls". It's pretty entertaining
>> to watch.
>>
>> -bonbon
>
> Ha ha. Biskit does a variation of that. If she thinks you're
> looking at her, she immediately
> flops down hard on her side. There's even an audible "oof" sound
> when she hits the floor.
> The proper response to this is..."Ooooo Bikkie you're so
> cuuuuute."
>
> Sherry

Rhett does a variation of that. He stops drops and rolls on top of
another cat. Mostly Bonnie. He just loooooves that cat. She
responds by bopping his ears or even biting one of them to get him
to get off of her.

--
Cheryl