PDA

View Full Version : Pete in occational 'ultra alert'

mystro
August 1st 07, 05:21 PM
Is this the usual cat nuance..Pete occasionally goes into an ultra
alert mode with the jumping three feet straight up if anything moves
or his imagination see's *things so now I'm also wondering if this may
also be connected to the peeing out of the box at certain
places..weird.

cybercat
August 2nd 07, 01:26 AM
"mystro" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Is this the usual cat nuance..Pete occasionally goes into an ultra
> alert mode with the jumping three feet straight up if anything moves
> or his imagination see's *things so now I'm also wondering if this may
> also be connected to the peeing out of the box at certain
> places..weird.

"Hypervigilance" as my vet called it, can be a symptom of an overactive
thyroid. You might have him checked. It is not expensive, they just
draw a little blood. Does he howl at odd times?

(Or, he might just be a weird cat. :) There are a lot of those.)

mystro
August 2nd 07, 02:14 AM
On Aug 1, 5:26 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Hypervigilance" as my vet called it, can be a symptom of an overactive
> thyroid. You might have him checked. It is not expensive, they just
> draw a little blood. Does he howl at odd times?
>
> (Or, he might just be a weird cat. :) There are a lot of those.)

He should see the vet fairly soon so I'll mention the hypervigiance
but no he doesn't
ever howl. Thanks