PDA

View Full Version : my present!!!


bookie
August 2nd 07, 12:24 AM
jessie brought me in a lovely present this evening; a dead sparrow!
she came running in with it in her mouth from the garden, which I must
have missed as i did not know what a clever thing she had done until I
was in the bedroom being pestered by her with weird little miaows and
chirrups and called to follow her into the bathroom where she dumped
her lovely gift to me on the carpet in there.

she kept poking it with her little paws and looking up at me and
miaowing as if to say "look what I got you! don't you like it?" so I
had to give her lots of fuss and hugs and tell her what a wonderful
pussycat she was for catching such an enormous bird for me (it was
tiny actually, but still) and what a clever girl she is for killing it
(well she has no teeth left and is about 16 or 17 years old and
doesn't move so fast these days so it was quite a feat for her). After
a fair amount of grateful overtures from me she flopped down on the
carpet next to her treasure and purred so loudly, and lay there with a
face that said "yes, i am rather wonderful aren't I?" and seemed so
happy and pleased with herself.

I have to say I am touched by this little gesture, even if she didn't
actually make the kill herself, I am really touched by the fact that
she brought it upstairs to show me, that she brought me this little
gift. Maybe that is what it feels like for parents when their snotty
kid brings home some crappy drawing of themselves from school (you
know; triangle shaped bodies, arms and legs sticking out at odd
angles, line of blue across the top to represent the sky), but better
and without pinning it to the fridge door for everyone to see.

I have taken some photos of the bird and of jessie herself posing with
it on the bathroom floor and I will try to upload them at some point
to show you all, bless her little furry heart, she is just wonderful.

bookie ( who is considering baking a cake in the shape of a dead bird
to commemorate the occasion)

Sheelagh >o
August 2nd 07, 07:24 AM
On 2 Aug, 00:24, bookie > wrote:
> jessie brought me in a lovely present this evening; a dead sparrow!
> she came running in with it in her mouth from the garden, which I must
> have missed as i did not know what a clever thing she had done until I
> was in the bedroom being pestered by her with weird little miaows and
> chirrups and called to follow her into the bathroom where she dumped
> her lovely gift to me on the carpet in there.
>
> she kept poking it with her little paws and looking up at me and
> miaowing as if to say "look what I got you! don't you like it?" so I
> had to give her lots of fuss and hugs and tell her what a wonderful
> pussycat she was for catching such an enormous bird for me (it was
> tiny actually, but still) and what a clever girl she is for killing it
> (well she has no teeth left and is about 16 or 17 years old and
> doesn't move so fast these days so it was quite a feat for her). After
> a fair amount of grateful overtures from me she flopped down on the
> carpet next to her treasure and purred so loudly, and lay there with a
> face that said "yes, i am rather wonderful aren't I?" and seemed so
> happy and pleased with herself.
>
> I have to say I am touched by this little gesture, even if she didn't
> actually make the kill herself, I am really touched by the fact that
> she brought it upstairs to show me, that she brought me this little
> gift. Maybe that is what it feels like for parents when their snotty
> kid brings home some crappy drawing of themselves from school (you
> know; triangle shaped bodies, arms and legs sticking out at odd
> angles, line of blue across the top to represent the sky), but better
> and without pinning it to the fridge door for everyone to see.
>
> I have taken some photos of the bird and of jessie herself posing with
> it on the bathroom floor and I will try to upload them at some point
> to show you all, bless her little furry heart, she is just wonderful.
>
> bookie ( who is considering baking a cake in the shape of a dead bird
> to commemorate the occasion)

Good Luck with the Birdy shaped cake, Lol..
I can just imagine the fun & games that you have with that one,
Lol :o)
Sheelagh >"o"<

bonbon
August 2nd 07, 12:59 PM
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:24:50 -0700, bookie >
wrote:

>jessie brought me in a lovely present this evening; a dead sparrow!

What a lovely and thoughtful gift. It's also a lot of fun when one of
the pooties comes back in through the cat door with a live bird and
lets it go. We have 8 cats, so when that happens, you can imagine the
total chaos going down until we are able to rescue said bird and free
it.

-bonbon

bookie
August 2nd 07, 03:31 PM
On 2 Aug, 12:59, bonbon > wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:24:50 -0700, bookie >
> wrote:
>
> >jessie brought me in a lovely present this evening; a dead sparrow!
>
> What a lovely and thoughtful gift. It's also a lot of fun when one of
> the pooties comes back in through the cat door with a live bird and
> lets it go. We have 8 cats, so when that happens, you can imagine the
> total chaos going down until we are able to rescue said bird and free
> it.
>
> -bonbon

thankfully it was already dead, so all i had to do was wait until
jessie was bored of pushing it around the bathroom floor and qwas
satisfied that i had seen how clever she was in briging it in in the
first place and i could take down to the bottom of the garden and
dispose of it. she has brought in live mice before at ungodly times of
the morning which has been interesting

bonbon
August 2nd 07, 04:05 PM
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:31:35 -0700, bookie >
wrote:

>. she has brought in live mice before at ungodly times of
>the morning which has been interesting

The pooties are sooooo generous aren't they? Always ready to please
us. Could there ever be a more purrfect companion?

-bonbon

Sheelagh >o
August 2nd 07, 05:09 PM
On 2 Aug, 15:31, bookie > wrote:
> On 2 Aug, 12:59, bonbon > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:24:50 -0700, bookie >

>
> thankfully it was already dead, so all i had to do was wait until
> jessie was bored of pushing it around the bathroom floor and qwas
> satisfied that i had seen how clever she was in briging it in in the
> first place and i could take down to the bottom of the garden and
> dispose of it. she has brought in live mice before at ungodly times of
> the morning which has been interesting

It's the thought that counts though. Think how excitied Jessie must
have been, whilst bringing her new found prey to you. She must have
savoured in delight @ the very thought of presenting it to you....

Speaking of what presents our cat's presents to us..Mice, dead or
alive are normal, Birds are also quite usual( I cringe @ the very
thought of poor live ones)
<shudder>,

Try baby bunnies that they have dragged possibly hundreds of yards to
present to you. Much as I love my cats, I have to be honest and tell
you that the very thought of another one nauseates me. Still, it's
hardly likely now as they are hardly likely to catch one out in the
pen- &, If they did, it would have to be a very unfortunate misguided
bunny to have ended up in the run in the first place!

Even if you are dead against cats catching prey, you have to admit
that it is in their natural instinct to hunt & bring down prey. Lilly,
who has never caught more than a thoughtless grasshopper, or a fly,
yet still bobs and wiggles that back end as though she were getting
ready to pounce on a bird, even though she knows she can't get to
it....
Well done Jessie. Not bad for a Pensioner I say :o)
Sheelagh >"o"<