PDA

View Full Version : Advantage possible problem

JohnR66
August 2nd 07, 04:13 AM
Battling the fleas here, I decided to try Advantage on my two cats. Not very
trusting of chemicals, I only started with one drop on each cat. Simon, my
10 year old large male now (24 hours later) has a bald spot on his back a
couple inches where I applied the Advantage. The skin shows no irratation,
Just that weird blue-grey cat skin color. I'm not sure if it is even related
or how it could have happened. These are indoor cats. Simon is behaving
normailly
Thanks for any advice.

John Doe
August 2nd 07, 05:08 AM
"JohnR66" > wrote:

> Battling the fleas here, I decided to try Advantage on my two cats.
> Not very trusting of chemicals, I only started with one drop on each
> cat. Simon, my 10 year old large male now (24 hours later) has a
> bald spot on his back a couple inches where I applied the Advantage.
> The skin shows no irratation, Just that weird blue-grey cat skin
> color. I'm not sure if it is even related or how it could have
> happened.

He licked it?

Specifically where did you get the Advantage?

> These are indoor cats. Simon is behaving
> normailly
> Thanks for any advice.

bobblespin[_2_]
August 2nd 07, 04:53 PM
"JohnR66" > wrote in
:

> Battling the fleas here, I decided to try Advantage on my two cats.
> Not very trusting of chemicals, I only started with one drop on each
> cat. Simon, my 10 year old large male now (24 hours later) has a bald
> spot on his back a couple inches where I applied the Advantage. The
> skin shows no irratation, Just that weird blue-grey cat skin color.
> I'm not sure if it is even related or how it could have happened.
> These are indoor cats. Simon is behaving normailly
> Thanks for any advice.

Yes, mine got a bald spot where I put the whole tube at the back of his
neck in May, with no sign of redness or irritation. The last two years I
had used the regular Advantage, with no problems. This year we used the
Advantage Multi which is also good for hookworm, roundworm, heartworm and
bugs and In June I noticed a bald area. I phoned my vet and asked her if I
should continue and she said yes, if it's not irritated. I put it on in
June and July, and so far he's ok. I think next year I'll go back to the
regular Advantage.

Bobble

bobblespin[_2_]
August 2nd 07, 09:31 PM
bobblespin > wrote in
:

> "JohnR66" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Battling the fleas here, I decided to try Advantage on my two cats.
>> Not very trusting of chemicals, I only started with one drop on each
>> cat. Simon, my 10 year old large male now (24 hours later) has a bald
>> spot on his back a couple inches where I applied the Advantage. The
>> skin shows no irratation, Just that weird blue-grey cat skin color.
>> I'm not sure if it is even related or how it could have happened.
>> These are indoor cats. Simon is behaving normailly
>> Thanks for any advice.
>>

> Yes, mine got a bald spot where I put the whole tube at the back of
> his neck in May, with no sign of redness or irritation. The last two
> years I had used the regular Advantage, with no problems. This year
> we used the Advantage Multi which is also good for hookworm,
> roundworm, heartworm and bugs and In June I noticed a bald area. I
> phoned my vet and asked her if I should continue and she said yes, if
> it's not irritated. I put it on in June and July, and so far he's ok.
> I think next year I'll go back to the regular Advantage.
>
> Bobble

P.S. Bought from my trusted vet.