PDA

View Full Version : stupid stupid people


Lynne
August 2nd 07, 04:45 AM
I just got a call from my son's best friend who lives about 1/2 a mile from
here. She wanted to know if Levi was in the house (of course he is).
There is a cat who looks just like him who, according to her mother, has
been there for 2 days. The daughter just saw him and freaked, thinking it
was our baby. (She's such a sweet girl, I adore her!)

Well it's my neighbor's cat. I got the detailed description (he has a very
unique and beautiful color of bright, green eyes) so I'm sure it's him.
Recall this post:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/msg/d8282be267dfb
44d

They go away every weekend and leave him outside, during wicked t-storms
and tornado watches. Apparently they are now gone for several weeks and
have left him, once again, to his own devices. I'm so effing ****ed. I
would love to bring him in here, but they would know (their daughter plays
here...). I told my son's friend to ask her mom if they could steal him or
if they know anyone who loves cats and would keep him indoors 100% of the
time. He's the sweetest boy and always tries to follow me in the house.
He gets into my garage all the time and hangs out. Now he's not even
nearby and has crossed several busy roads to get where he is.

Argh!

--
Lynne

Sherry
August 2nd 07, 06:45 AM
On Aug 1, 10:45 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> I just got a call from my son's best friend who lives about 1/2 a mile from
> here. She wanted to know if Levi was in the house (of course he is).
> There is a cat who looks just like him who, according to her mother, has
> been there for 2 days. The daughter just saw him and freaked, thinking it
> was our baby. (She's such a sweet girl, I adore her!)
>
> Well it's my neighbor's cat. I got the detailed description (he has a very
> unique and beautiful color of bright, green eyes) so I'm sure it's him.
> Recall this post:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/msg/d8282be...
> 44d
>
> They go away every weekend and leave him outside, during wicked t-storms
> and tornado watches. Apparently they are now gone for several weeks and
> have left him, once again, to his own devices. I'm so effing ****ed. I
> would love to bring him in here, but they would know (their daughter plays
> here...). I told my son's friend to ask her mom if they could steal him or
> if they know anyone who loves cats and would keep him indoors 100% of the
> time. He's the sweetest boy and always tries to follow me in the house.
> He gets into my garage all the time and hangs out. Now he's not even
> nearby and has crossed several busy roads to get where he is.
>
> Argh!
>
> --
> Lynne

Dang. Do they even arrange to have someone come with fresh food and
water??

Sherry

bookie
August 2nd 07, 03:29 PM
On 2 Aug, 04:45, Lynne > wrote:
> I just got a call from my son's best friend who lives about 1/2 a mile from
> here. She wanted to know if Levi was in the house (of course he is).
> There is a cat who looks just like him who, according to her mother, has
> been there for 2 days. The daughter just saw him and freaked, thinking it
> was our baby. (She's such a sweet girl, I adore her!)
>
> Well it's my neighbor's cat. I got the detailed description (he has a very
> unique and beautiful color of bright, green eyes) so I'm sure it's him.
> Recall this post:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/msg/d8282be...
> 44d
>
> They go away every weekend and leave him outside, during wicked t-storms
> and tornado watches. Apparently they are now gone for several weeks and
> have left him, once again, to his own devices. I'm so effing ****ed. I
> would love to bring him in here, but they would know (their daughter plays
> here...). I told my son's friend to ask her mom if they could steal him or
> if they know anyone who loves cats and would keep him indoors 100% of the
> time. He's the sweetest boy and always tries to follow me in the house.
> He gets into my garage all the time and hangs out. Now he's not even
> nearby and has crossed several busy roads to get where he is.
>
> Argh!
>
> --
> Lynne

sod it, just ****ing steal him, they are obviously irresponsible
owners and don;t deserve him, you will be donig him a favour poor
little thing. at worst he can stay in your garage until they come back
but he CANNOT be left to his own devices like that as he will meet a
sticky end for sure.

if it was here I would call the RSPCA, and if they did not do anything
that very day then i woudl just bloody well take him in, he just can't
be left out like that. sod the neighbours, why do you care if you ****
them off? they obviously don't care for their little furbaby who is
obviously desparately looking for a decent mum to look after him
(could be you!!!).

go on , just get yourself round there now and get him!!!!! what are
yuo aiwtign for??? if there is someone who is comgin once a day to
feed him (which I doubt) then no harm done as you just took him home
to feed him and look after him in the interim. Leave a note out for
any potential pet sitter to read with your details on it so they can
contact you, GO ON!!!!

bookie

Lynne
August 2nd 07, 03:49 PM
on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 05:45:17 GMT, Sherry > wrote:

> Dang. Do they even arrange to have someone come with fresh food and
> water??

Nope. And he has no shelter during the storms. WTH is wrong with people?

--
Lynne

Charlie Wilkes
August 3rd 07, 01:56 AM
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:29:27 -0700, bookie wrote:
>
> sod it, just ****ing steal him, they are obviously irresponsible owners
> and don;t deserve him, you will be donig him a favour poor little thing.
> at worst he can stay in your garage until they come back but he CANNOT
> be left to his own devices like that as he will meet a sticky end for
> sure.
>
> if it was here I would call the RSPCA, and if they did not do anything
> that very day then i woudl just bloody well take him in, he just can't
> be left out like that. sod the neighbours, why do you care if you ****
> them off? they obviously don't care for their little furbaby who is
> obviously desparately looking for a decent mum to look after him (could
> be you!!!).
>
> go on , just get yourself round there now and get him!!!!! what are yuo
> aiwtign for??? if there is someone who is comgin once a day to feed him
> (which I doubt) then no harm done as you just took him home to feed him
> and look after him in the interim. Leave a note out for any potential
> pet sitter to read with your details on it so they can contact you, GO
> ON!!!!
>
> bookie

cybercat
August 3rd 07, 04:53 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:29:27 -0700, bookie wrote:
>>
>> sod it, just ****ing steal him, they are obviously irresponsible owners
>> and don;t deserve him, you will be donig him a favour poor little thing.
>> at worst he can stay in your garage until they come back but he CANNOT
>> be left to his own devices like that as he will meet a sticky end for
>> sure.
>>
>> if it was here I would call the RSPCA, and if they did not do anything
>> that very day then i woudl just bloody well take him in, he just can't
>> be left out like that. sod the neighbours, why do you care if you ****
>> them off? they obviously don't care for their little furbaby who is
>> obviously desparately looking for a decent mum to look after him (could
>> be you!!!).
>>
>> go on , just get yourself round there now and get him!!!!! what are yuo
>> aiwtign for??? if there is someone who is comgin once a day to feed him
>> (which I doubt) then no harm done as you just took him home to feed him
>> and look after him in the interim. Leave a note out for any potential
>> pet sitter to read with your details on it so they can contact you, GO
>> ON!!!!
>>
>> bookie

What's your point, Charlie?

Charlie Wilkes
August 3rd 07, 07:53 AM
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 23:53:12 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:29:27 -0700, bookie wrote:
>>>
>>> sod it, just ****ing steal him, they are obviously irresponsible
>>> owners and don;t deserve him, you will be donig him a favour poor
>>> little thing. at worst he can stay in your garage until they come back
>>> but he CANNOT be left to his own devices like that as he will meet a
>>> sticky end for sure.
>>>
>>> if it was here I would call the RSPCA, and if they did not do anything
>>> that very day then i woudl just bloody well take him in, he just can't
>>> be left out like that. sod the neighbours, why do you care if you ****
>>> them off? they obviously don't care for their little furbaby who is
>>> obviously desparately looking for a decent mum to look after him
>>> (could be you!!!).
>>>
>>> go on , just get yourself round there now and get him!!!!! what are
>>> yuo aiwtign for??? if there is someone who is comgin once a day to
>>> feed him (which I doubt) then no harm done as you just took him home
>>> to feed him and look after him in the interim. Leave a note out for
>>> any potential pet sitter to read with your details on it so they can
>>> contact you, GO ON!!!!
>>>
>>> bookie
>
> What's your point, Charlie?

Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
so I bumped the post.

Charlie

August 3rd 07, 08:40 AM
On Aug 1, 8:45 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> I just got a call from my son's best friend who lives about 1/2 a mile from
> here. She wanted to know if Levi was in the house (of course he is).
> There is a cat who looks just like him who, according to her mother, has
> been there for 2 days. The daughter just saw him and freaked, thinking it
> was our baby. (She's such a sweet girl, I adore her!)
>
> Well it's my neighbor's cat. I got the detailed description (he has a very
> unique and beautiful color of bright, green eyes) so I'm sure it's him.
> Recall this post:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/msg/d8282be...
> 44d
>
> They go away every weekend and leave him outside, during wicked t-storms
> and tornado watches. Apparently they are now gone for several weeks and
> have left him, once again, to his own devices. I'm so effing ****ed. I
> would love to bring him in here, but they would know (their daughter plays
> here...). I told my son's friend to ask her mom if they could steal him or
> if they know anyone who loves cats and would keep him indoors 100% of the
> time. He's the sweetest boy and always tries to follow me in the house.
> He gets into my garage all the time and hangs out. Now he's not even
> nearby and has crossed several busy roads to get where he is.
>
> Argh!
>
> --
> Lynne



This is how I got my awesome Jay Jay. He was left outside a lot, and
kept showing up at a neighbor's house. They got tired of returning him
to somebody who doesn't care, so they turned him into the shelter
instead. Two weeks later, he was at a show as an adoptable cat, and I
was hooked. Some idiot out there never knew what they had.

cybercat
August 3rd 07, 12:26 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 23:53:12 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>
>> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:29:27 -0700, bookie wrote:
>>>>
>>>> sod it, just ****ing steal him, they are obviously irresponsible
>>>> owners and don;t deserve him, you will be donig him a favour poor
>>>> little thing. at worst he can stay in your garage until they come back
>>>> but he CANNOT be left to his own devices like that as he will meet a
>>>> sticky end for sure.
>>>>
>>>> if it was here I would call the RSPCA, and if they did not do anything
>>>> that very day then i woudl just bloody well take him in, he just can't
>>>> be left out like that. sod the neighbours, why do you care if you ****
>>>> them off? they obviously don't care for their little furbaby who is
>>>> obviously desparately looking for a decent mum to look after him
>>>> (could be you!!!).
>>>>
>>>> go on , just get yourself round there now and get him!!!!! what are
>>>> yuo aiwtign for??? if there is someone who is comgin once a day to
>>>> feed him (which I doubt) then no harm done as you just took him home
>>>> to feed him and look after him in the interim. Leave a note out for
>>>> any potential pet sitter to read with your details on it so they can
>>>> contact you, GO ON!!!!
>>>>
>>>> bookie
>>
>> What's your point, Charlie?
>
> Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
> so I bumped the post.
>

Ahh.

Lynne
August 3rd 07, 01:46 PM
on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
> wrote:

> Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
> so I bumped the post.

Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
inclined to read her blather even when quoted.

--
Lynne

cybercat
August 3rd 07, 01:52 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
> > wrote:
>
>> Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
>> so I bumped the post.
>
> Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
>

Charlie is clearly only here to **** with people lately. Well, hell,
everybody needs a hobby.

bonbon
August 3rd 07, 01:53 PM
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 22:45:59 -0500, Lynne
> wrote:

> Now he's not even
>nearby and has crossed several busy roads to get where he is.
>
>Argh!

Lynne, snatch that precious little pootie up as quickly as possible.
He needs you.

-bonbon

Lynne
August 3rd 07, 02:00 PM
on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:53:40 GMT, bonbon > wrote:

> Lynne, snatch that precious little pootie up as quickly as possible.
> He needs you.

I can't take him myself, but other arrangements have been made for him.
Right now they are temporary, but he's safe.

--
Lynne

MaryL
August 3rd 07, 02:02 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
...
>
>>
>> What's your point, Charlie?
>
> Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
> so I bumped the post.
>
> Charlie

Why? I don't killfile (I just skip over messages if I am so inclined), but
if someone has killfiled--that should be their decision and not yours.

MaryL

Lynne
August 3rd 07, 02:03 PM
on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:52:27 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Charlie is clearly only here to **** with people lately. Well, hell,
> everybody needs a hobby.

I usually like Charlie's style of ****ing with people, but I haven't seen
anything he's posted lately because I've read so little of the group in
recent months. Quoting Bookie so I'll read her is a bit low brow for him.
I can't imagine he did it because he thought she has something of redeeming
value to say, so maybe he was just bored.

--
Lynne

bookie
August 3rd 07, 02:06 PM
On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
> on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>
> > wrote:
> > Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
> > so I bumped the post.
>
> Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
>
> --
> Lynne

thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
different opinion to me about something

bookie
August 3rd 07, 02:08 PM
On 3 Aug, 08:40, "
> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 8:45 pm, Lynne > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > I just got a call from my son's best friend who lives about 1/2 a mile from
> > here. She wanted to know if Levi was in the house (of course he is).
> > There is a cat who looks just like him who, according to her mother, has
> > been there for 2 days. The daughter just saw him and freaked, thinking it
> > was our baby. (She's such a sweet girl, I adore her!)
>
> > Well it's my neighbor's cat. I got the detailed description (he has a very
> > unique and beautiful color of bright, green eyes) so I'm sure it's him.
> > Recall this post:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/msg/d8282be...
> > 44d
>
> > They go away every weekend and leave him outside, during wicked t-storms
> > and tornado watches. Apparently they are now gone for several weeks and
> > have left him, once again, to his own devices. I'm so effing ****ed. I
> > would love to bring him in here, but they would know (their daughter plays
> > here...). I told my son's friend to ask her mom if they could steal him or
> > if they know anyone who loves cats and would keep him indoors 100% of the
> > time. He's the sweetest boy and always tries to follow me in the house.
> > He gets into my garage all the time and hangs out. Now he's not even
> > nearby and has crossed several busy roads to get where he is.
>
> > Argh!
>
> > --
> > Lynne
>
> This is how I got my awesome Jay Jay. He was left outside a lot, and
> kept showing up at a neighbor's house. They got tired of returning him
> to somebody who doesn't care, so they turned him into the shelter
> instead. Two weeks later, he was at a show as an adoptable cat, and I
> was hooked. Some idiot out there never knew what they had.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

that's kind of how I got my beautful terri, some stupid and cruel
people just left her behind when they moved house, their loss and she
is UTTERLY gorgeous, just liek a big pile of furry chocolate fudge and
ten times as sweet.

bookie

bonbon
August 3rd 07, 02:41 PM
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:00:44 -0500, Lynne
> wrote:

>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:53:40 GMT, bonbon > wrote:
>
>> Lynne, snatch that precious little pootie up as quickly as possible.
>> He needs you.
>
>I can't take him myself, but other arrangements have been made for him.
>Right now they are temporary, but he's safe.

Thank goodness. Bless his little heart, and may he live a long and
happy life. That's what it's all about.

-bonbon

Lynne
August 3rd 07, 02:45 PM
on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:41:06 GMT, bonbon > wrote:

> Thank goodness. Bless his little heart, and may he live a long and
> happy life. That's what it's all about.

He's the coolest cat, but I've been worried about him for months. What
ticks me off the most is that they promised me they would keep him indoors
when they found him. This neighborhood is definitely not safe for an
outdoor cat. There used to be a feral colony out here before all the farms
around us got developed. As traffic increased, one by one the colony was
all killed by cars. All but one. He was trapped and neutered as a kitten
and took up residence in my neighbor's yard. They trapped him again when
they moved and he lives in their new yard. He won't allow human contact,
but he doesn't roam.

--
Lynne

Charlie Wilkes
August 3rd 07, 10:15 PM
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 07:46:58 -0500, Lynne wrote:

> on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
> > wrote:
>
>> Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
>> so I bumped the post.
>
> Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
>
Have it your way. This is a topic on which you and she are in agreement,
and I thought you might be interested in her comments.

Charlie

bookie
August 3rd 07, 11:06 PM
On 3 Aug, 22:15, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 07:46:58 -0500, Lynne wrote:
> > on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
> > > wrote:
>
> >> Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
> >> so I bumped the post.
>
> > Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> > inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
>
> Have it your way. This is a topic on which you and she are in agreement,
> and I thought you might be interested in her comments.
>
> Charlie

nah she won't be, she's too dim to realise that coudl be why you
forwarded my post, they all prefer to persist in their pathetic
campaign of hatred against me and revel in they bizarre paranoia about
your motives for doing something

just let them be

Sheelagh >o
August 4th 07, 01:39 AM
On 3 Aug, 14:00, Lynne > wrote:
> on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:53:40 GMT, bonbon > wrote:
>
> > Lynne, snatch that precious little pootie up as quickly as possible.
> > He needs you.
>
> I can't take him myself, but other arrangements have been made for him.
> Right now they are temporary, but he's safe.
>
> --
> Lynne

I know your not interested, but well done.
>"o"<

Stan Brown
August 5th 07, 02:00 AM
Wed, 01 Aug 2007 22:45:59 -0500 from Lynne
>:
> They go away every weekend and leave him outside, during wicked t-storms
> and tornado watches. Apparently they are now gone for several weeks and
> have left him, once again, to his own devices.

For a mature cat, a two-day weekend outside in summer doesn't seem
outrageous. *Every* weekend is more iffy, I agree. But several weeks
is outrageous, probably meeting the legal definition of abandonment.

Have you called the police or animal control to see about filing a
cruelty complaint.

--
"The Internet is famously powered by the twin engines of
bitterness and contempt." -- Nathan Rabin, /The Onion/
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Rhonda[_3_]
August 6th 07, 06:52 AM
bookie wrote:
> On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>
>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>>
> wrote:
>>
>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
>>>so I bumped the post.
>>
>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
>>--
>>Lynne
>
> thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
> ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
> over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
> different opinion to me about something

Bookie,

I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
even more mad when people choose to stop listening.

Rhonda

Rhonda[_3_]
August 6th 07, 06:53 AM
Lynne wrote:
> on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:53:40 GMT, bonbon > wrote:
>
>
>>Lynne, snatch that precious little pootie up as quickly as possible.
>>He needs you.
>
> I can't take him myself, but other arrangements have been made for him.
> Right now they are temporary, but he's safe.

Good going, Lynne! I hope he finds a permanent new (safe) home.

Rhonda

Charlie Wilkes
August 6th 07, 08:05 AM
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 +0000, Rhonda wrote:

> bookie wrote:
>> On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>>
>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>>>
> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled
>>>>Bookie, so I bumped the post.
>>>
>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted. --
>>>Lynne
>>
>> thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
>> ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
>> over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
>> different opinion to me about something
>
> Bookie,
>
> I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
> even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> Rhonda

Hmmm. It's true that Bookie tosses out some flame bait, with her
comments about Americans, fat people, putting a burning tire around
someone's neck, etc. etc. But so what??? Most of what she posts is
about her cats or her comments about other people's cat issues. If
people find it necessary to censor their own newsfeed because they can't
tolerate her jibes, that's their business, but, as she says above, it is
puerile. And it is doubly puerile because they always find it necessary
to make a public announcement about it.

Charlie

cybercat
August 6th 07, 11:39 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
...
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>
>> bookie wrote:
>>> On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>>>
>>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>>>>
> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled
>>>>>Bookie, so I bumped the post.
>>>>
>>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
>>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted. --
>>>>Lynne
>>>
>>> thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
>>> ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
>>> over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
>>> different opinion to me about something
>>
>> Bookie,
>>
>> I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
>> you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
>> come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
>> the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
>> even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>>
>> Rhonda
>
> Hmmm. It's true that Bookie tosses out some flame bait, with her
> comments about Americans, fat people, putting a burning tire around
> someone's neck, etc. etc. But so what???

I find it interesting to note the things you choose to say "so what"
about, and the things you choose to go all "old-lady-knickers-in
-a-knot" about.

cybercat
August 6th 07, 11:57 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
...
> bookie wrote:
>> On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>>
>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>>>
> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
>>>>so I bumped the post.
>>>
>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
>>>--
>>>Lynne
>>
>> thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
>> ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
>> over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
>> different opinion to me about something
>
> Bookie,
>
> I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why you
> are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you come off
> as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for the person
> you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get even more
> mad when people choose to stop listening.
>

I think this is fair. I've never given a crap who killfiles me, and I am
frequently abrasive and judgmental. It's part of my therapy.

bookie
August 6th 07, 03:32 PM
On 6 Aug, 06:52, Rhonda > wrote:
> bookie wrote:
> > On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>
> >>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>
> > wrote:
>
> >>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
> >>>so I bumped the post.
>
> >>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> >>inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
> >>--
> >>Lynne
>
> > thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
> > ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
> > over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
> > different opinion to me about something
>
> Bookie,
>
> I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
> even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> Rhonda- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

and cybercat is not 'abrasive'? there are some people who post here
regularly who are much worse than me inthe way they present their
points of view, and I don;t killfile them i jsut see through the tone
and the way they have written their replies and go direct to the facts
or argument they are trying to make, i don't need stuff to be sugar-
coated for me to read it (in fact i don't think anyone has ever sugar
coated anything for me in my entire life, maybe that is what has made
me the way I am).

anyway, kill file me, then you lose out, simple

bookie

Charlie Wilkes
August 6th 07, 08:42 PM
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 06:39:49 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>>
>>> bookie wrote:
>>>> On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>>>>>
> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled
>>>>>>Bookie, so I bumped the post.
>>>>>
>>>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
>>>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted. -- Lynne
>>>>
>>>> thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
>>>> ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my
>>>> hands over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe
>>>> have a different opinion to me about something
>>>
>>> Bookie,
>>>
>>> I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
>>> you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
>>> come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
>>> the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't
>>> get even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>>>
>>> Rhonda
>>
>> Hmmm. It's true that Bookie tosses out some flame bait, with her
>> comments about Americans, fat people, putting a burning tire around
>> someone's neck, etc. etc. But so what???
>
> I find it interesting to note the things you choose to say "so what"
> about, and the things you choose to go all "old-lady-knickers-in
> -a-knot" about.

???

I don't know quite what you mean by this. I think the overstated use of
killfiles is a feeble ploy, but I don't get myself worked up because
people do it. I'm just expressing an opinion. You should recall that I
have also challenged Bookie about her lurid comments re necklacing
someone with a burning tire.

In fact, I am wholly consistent in my outlook. As far as I'm concerned,
you and Bookie and Lynne are peas in a pod... truculent cat ladies with
unbounded hostility toward anyone who falls short of your cat-welfare
standards, and plenty of hostility left over to direct at one another. I
call it as I see it. It doesn't mean I'm upset, or that I don't like you.

Charlie

Lynne
August 6th 07, 11:09 PM
on Mon, 06 Aug 2007 19:42:15 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
> wrote:

> ???
>
> I don't know quite what you mean by this. I think the overstated use
> of killfiles is a feeble ploy, but I don't get myself worked up
> because people do it. I'm just expressing an opinion. You should
> recall that I have also challenged Bookie about her lurid comments re
> necklacing someone with a burning tire.
>
> In fact, I am wholly consistent in my outlook. As far as I'm
> concerned, you and Bookie and Lynne are peas in a pod... truculent cat
> ladies with unbounded hostility toward anyone who falls short of your
> cat-welfare standards, and plenty of hostility left over to direct at
> one another. I call it as I see it. It doesn't mean I'm upset, or
> that I don't like you.

I've had Bookie kill-filed long before I said anything on the forum about
it. When a person consistently offers me no return on my investment in
time, I'm simply not going to read them anymore. BFD.

--
Lynne

Lynne
August 6th 07, 11:11 PM
on Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 GMT, Rhonda >
wrote:

> I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
> even more mad when people choose to stop listening.

It's not even just the abrasiveness, really, it's the huge steaming piles
of crap she writes. I have no time for that.

--
Lynne

Lynne
August 6th 07, 11:16 PM
on Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:00:19 GMT, Stan Brown >
wrote:

> For a mature cat, a two-day weekend outside in summer doesn't seem
> outrageous. *Every* weekend is more iffy, I agree. But several weeks
> is outrageous, probably meeting the legal definition of abandonment.
>
> Have you called the police or animal control to see about filing a
> cruelty complaint.

As much as I believe it's cruel, they've broken no laws here. I think the
law sucks, but my county is a farming community and the AC laws have been
derived from farming practice. We don't even have a leash law in my
county.

Calling either the AC or the police in this case would only have served to
have the cat picked up, maybe.

That said, I think it's irresponsible as hell to leave a pet unsupervised
outdoors for *any* length of time.

--
Lynne

bookie
August 6th 07, 11:57 PM
On 6 Aug, 20:42, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 06:39:49 -0400, cybercat wrote:
> > "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> ...
> >> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>
> >>> bookie wrote:
> >>>> On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>
> >>>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>
> > wrote:
>
> >>>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled
> >>>>>>Bookie, so I bumped the post.
>
> >>>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> >>>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted. -- Lynne
>
> >>>> thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
> >>>> ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my
> >>>> hands over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe
> >>>> have a different opinion to me about something
>
> >>> Bookie,
>
> >>> I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> >>> you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> >>> come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> >>> the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't
> >>> get even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> >>> Rhonda
>
> >> Hmmm. It's true that Bookie tosses out some flame bait, with her
> >> comments about Americans, fat people, putting a burning tire around
> >> someone's neck, etc. etc. But so what???
>
> > I find it interesting to note the things you choose to say "so what"
> > about, and the things you choose to go all "old-lady-knickers-in
> > -a-knot" about.
>
> ???
>
> I don't know quite what you mean by this. I think the overstated use of
> killfiles is a feeble ploy, but I don't get myself worked up because
> people do it. I'm just expressing an opinion. You should recall that I
> have also challenged Bookie about her lurid comments re necklacing
> someone with a burning tire.
>
> In fact, I am wholly consistent in my outlook. As far as I'm concerned,
> you and Bookie and Lynne are peas in a pod... truculent cat ladies with
> unbounded hostility toward anyone who falls short of your cat-welfare
> standards, and plenty of hostility left over to direct at one another. I
> call it as I see it. It doesn't mean I'm upset, or that I don't like you.
>
> Charlie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

openly stating that you have killfiled someone is rather sad, it is
kind of the grown up newgroup equivalent of "we don't want to play
with you, nur nur!!!" (sticks thumb on nose and waggles fingers at
someone).
and if someone wants to express themselves in a certain way ie by
verbalising the anger within them openly then thats fine by me. half
the time people say things which they wish woudl happen, eg someone
who shoots at people's cats being run out of town with a burning tyres
round their neck, but it doesn; tmean they woud actually do it, or
were some of you not aware of that? someties beign able to vent ones
spleen in such a way is a good outlet for anger and may prevent the
person actually dong somethgin harmful to themsleves or others because
they have not managed to release their pent up aggression in another
way because of what narrowminded imbeciles who like to censor
everything you write will say about it.

you can say what you like about what i write, i couldn't care less, in
fact it really amuses me that you take me so seriously that you
actually go to the extent of killfiling me for it. What also makes me
laugh is your attitude towards my statements when your country and
culture is supposed to uphold the rights of peolpe to enjoy freedom of
speech and respect what others have to say, so excuse me if I find
your attitude a little hypocritical, ladies.

bookie

bookie
August 6th 07, 11:59 PM
On 6 Aug, 23:11, Lynne > wrote:
> on Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 GMT, Rhonda >
> wrote:
>
> > I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> > you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> > come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> > the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
> > even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> It's not even just the abrasiveness, really, it's the huge steaming piles
> of crap she writes. I have no time for that.
>
> --
> Lynne

coming from you that is unbelievably ripe, but then again you have
just augmented the opinion I have of you as an ignorant old biddy

Charlie Wilkes
August 7th 07, 01:02 AM
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 15:57:40 -0700, bookie wrote:

> someties beign able to vent ones spleen in
> such a way is a good outlet for anger and may prevent the person
> actually dong somethgin harmful to themsleves or others

OK. once more into the breech...

What you say above is cargo cult science, like a bamboo radio antenna.
It might look like it could work, but it doesn't.

If you doubt me, take five minutes to research the techniques used by
anger-management specialists. They don't tell their clients to vent
their spleens. They teach them to use relaxation techniques and control
their reaction to whatever triggers their anger.

Here are just a few links:

http://www.anger-management-techniques.org/dealing-with-anger.htm
http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/anger-management-techniques.htm
http://ezinearticles.com/?Try-These-Anger-Management-Techniques&id=130476
http://www.apa.org/topics/controlanger.html
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/MH/00102.html

There are any number of books and other resources that address this
topic, and they all say the same thing.

Charlie

bookie
August 7th 07, 01:33 AM
On 7 Aug, 01:02, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 15:57:40 -0700, bookie wrote:
> > someties beign able to vent ones spleen in
> > such a way is a good outlet for anger and may prevent the person
> > actually dong somethgin harmful to themsleves or others
>
> OK. once more into the breech...
>
> What you say above is cargo cult science, like a bamboo radio antenna.
> It might look like it could work, but it doesn't.
>
> If you doubt me, take five minutes to research the techniques used by
> anger-management specialists. They don't tell their clients to vent
> their spleens. They teach them to use relaxation techniques and control
> their reaction to whatever triggers their anger.
>
> Here are just a few links:
>
> http://www.anger-management-techniques.org/dealing-with-anger.htmhttp://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/anger-management-techniques.htmhttp://ezinearticles.com/?Try-These-Anger-Management-Techniques&id=13...http://www.apa.org/topics/controlanger.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/MH/00102.html
>
> There are any number of books and other resources that address this
> topic, and they all say the same thing.
>
> Charlie

never heard of the cathartic effect? talking cure? and anyway it works
for me, and quite a few people actually, having a good rant about
something allows us to get it all out of our system and air our
displeasure about something and helps us to relieve tension. thing is
being a bloke you probably will no understand that as the male of the
species is notorious for not being able to verbally communicate
feelings about anything, be it good or bad, and probably do nto
understand why females tend to find talking about stuff and 'getting
stuff off their chest' so therapeutic.
I will bet that all your books were probably written by similarly
emotionally constipated blokes who also like to generalise about how
the rest of the world works and assume that everyone ticks just like
them

cybercat
August 7th 07, 02:26 AM
"bookie" > wrote
>> There are any number of books and other resources that address this
>> topic, and they all say the same thing.
>>
>> Charlie
>
> never heard of the cathartic effect? talking cure? and anyway it works
> for me, and quite a few people actually, having a good rant about
> something allows us to get it all out of our system and air our
> displeasure about something and helps us to relieve tension. thing is
> being a bloke you probably will no understand that as the male of the
> species is notorious for not being able to verbally communicate
> feelings about anything, be it good or bad, and probably do nto
> understand why females tend to find talking about stuff and 'getting
> stuff off their chest' so therapeutic.
> I will bet that all your books were probably written by similarly
> emotionally constipated blokes who also like to generalise about how
> the rest of the world works and assume that everyone ticks just like
> them
>

Bookie, why bother? Charlie lives to condescend. As long as he can
continue to sneer at the overly emotional "rabid cat women" he can
feel better about himself. I plan to leave him to it.



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Charlie Wilkes
August 7th 07, 03:36 AM
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:26:49 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "bookie" > wrote
>>> There are any number of books and other resources that address this
>>> topic, and they all say the same thing.
>>>
>>> Charlie
>>
>> never heard of the cathartic effect? talking cure? and anyway it works
>> for me, and quite a few people actually, having a good rant about
>> something allows us to get it all out of our system and air our
>> displeasure about something and helps us to relieve tension. thing is
>> being a bloke you probably will no understand that as the male of the
>> species is notorious for not being able to verbally communicate
>> feelings about anything, be it good or bad, and probably do nto
>> understand why females tend to find talking about stuff and 'getting
>> stuff off their chest' so therapeutic. I will bet that all your books
>> were probably written by similarly emotionally constipated blokes who
>> also like to generalise about how the rest of the world works and
>> assume that everyone ticks just like them
>>
>>
> Bookie, why bother? Charlie lives to condescend. As long as he can
> continue to sneer at the overly emotional "rabid cat women" he can feel
> better about himself. I plan to leave him to it.
>
>
Well, this is progress isn't it? Now the two of you are talking to each
other, which is what like-minded people ought to do.

I'm glad I could be of service.

Charlie

bookie
August 7th 07, 04:59 AM
On 7 Aug, 03:36, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:26:49 -0400, cybercat wrote:
> > "bookie" > wrote
> >>> There are any number of books and other resources that address this
> >>> topic, and they all say the same thing.
>
> >>> Charlie
>
> >> never heard of the cathartic effect? talking cure? and anyway it works
> >> for me, and quite a few people actually, having a good rant about
> >> something allows us to get it all out of our system and air our
> >> displeasure about something and helps us to relieve tension. thing is
> >> being a bloke you probably will no understand that as the male of the
> >> species is notorious for not being able to verbally communicate
> >> feelings about anything, be it good or bad, and probably do nto
> >> understand why females tend to find talking about stuff and 'getting
> >> stuff off their chest' so therapeutic. I will bet that all your books
> >> were probably written by similarly emotionally constipated blokes who
> >> also like to generalise about how the rest of the world works and
> >> assume that everyone ticks just like them
>
> > Bookie, why bother? Charlie lives to condescend. As long as he can
> > continue to sneer at the overly emotional "rabid cat women" he can feel
> > better about himself. I plan to leave him to it.
>
> Well, this is progress isn't it? Now the two of you are talking to each
> other, which is what like-minded people ought to do.
>
> I'm glad I could be of service.
>
> Charlie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

doesn't it worry you then that there may be someone out there who
coudl be of a similar mindset to me? someone who may also enjoy
verbalising inner anger occasionally despite all the 'professionals'
you have cited who tell you that such an activity is really unhealthy?

Rhonda[_3_]
August 7th 07, 05:13 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>bookie wrote:
>>
>>>On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>>>>
> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
>>>>>so I bumped the post.
>>>>
>>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
>>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
>>>>--
>>>>Lynne
>>>
>>>thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
>>>ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
>>>over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
>>>different opinion to me about something
>>
>>Bookie,
>>
>>I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why you
>>are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you come off
>>as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for the person
>>you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get even more
>>mad when people choose to stop listening.
>>
> I think this is fair. I've never given a crap who killfiles me, and I am
> frequently abrasive and judgmental. It's part of my therapy.

Hmmmm, have a seat over there and tell us more...

Maybe we could save you a co-pay?

Rhonda

Rhonda[_3_]
August 7th 07, 05:18 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>
>>bookie wrote:
>>
>>>On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>>>
>>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>>>>
> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled
>>>>>Bookie, so I bumped the post.
>>>>
>>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
>>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted. --
>>>>Lynne
>>>
>>>thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
>>>ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
>>>over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
>>>different opinion to me about something
>>
>>Bookie,
>>
>>I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
>>you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
>>come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
>>the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
>>even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>>
>>Rhonda
>
>
> Hmmm. It's true that Bookie tosses out some flame bait, with her
> comments about Americans, fat people, putting a burning tire around
> someone's neck, etc. etc. But so what??? Most of what she posts is
> about her cats or her comments about other people's cat issues. If
> people find it necessary to censor their own newsfeed because they can't
> tolerate her jibes, that's their business, but, as she says above, it is
> puerile. And it is doubly puerile because they always find it necessary
> to make a public announcement about it.

So you think the judgmental comments she tosses out about groups of
people (Americans, children, etc.) are flame bait? I was thinking it was
more genuine anger -- maybe misdirected, but still coming from somewhere.

The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.

Rhonda

Rhonda[_3_]
August 7th 07, 05:23 AM
bookie wrote:
> On 6 Aug, 06:52, Rhonda > wrote:
>
>>bookie wrote:
>>
>>>On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>>
>>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>>>
> wrote:
>>>
>>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled Bookie,
>>>>>so I bumped the post.
>>>>
>>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
>>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted.
>>>>--
>>>>Lynne
>>>
>>>thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
>>>ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
>>>over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
>>>different opinion to me about something
>>
>>Bookie,
>>
>>I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
>>you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
>>come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
>>the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
>>even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>>
>>Rhonda- Hide quoted text -
>>
>>- Show quoted text -
>
>
> and cybercat is not 'abrasive'? there are some people who post here
> regularly who are much worse than me inthe way they present their
> points of view, and I don;t killfile them i jsut see through the tone
> and the way they have written their replies and go direct to the facts
> or argument they are trying to make, i don't need stuff to be sugar-
> coated for me to read it (in fact i don't think anyone has ever sugar
> coated anything for me in my entire life, maybe that is what has made
> me the way I am).
>
> anyway, kill file me, then you lose out, simple

Bookie, the point was not to do any comparisons about who is abrasive or
not. What I was trying to say is that don't be surprised and even more
angered when you get killfiled. It seems like you really try to push
buttons and toss out insults when that happens.

Rhonda

Rhonda[_3_]
August 7th 07, 05:25 AM
Lynne wrote:
> on Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 GMT, Rhonda >
> wrote:
>
>>I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
>>you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
>>come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
>>the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
>>even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> It's not even just the abrasiveness, really, it's the huge steaming piles
> of crap she writes. I have no time for that.


What, no time for steaming piles of crap? You must be REALLY busy.

Rhonda ;)

Rhonda[_3_]
August 7th 07, 05:52 AM
bookie wrote:

> never heard of the cathartic effect? talking cure?


I had to look that up! Google has a search for scholarly articles now.
Here's what I found for cathartic effect:

"In general, empirical findings have been inconsistent with the
catharsis hypothesis (see reviews by Geen & Quanty, 1977, and Warren &
Kurlycheck, 1981). Tavris (1988) concluded that "it is time to put a
bullet, once and for all, through heart of the catharsis hypothesis. The
belief that observing violence (or 'ventilating it') gets rid of
hostilities has virtually never been supported by research" (p. 194).
Because activities considered to be cathartic also are aggressive, they
could lead to the activation of other aggressive thoughts, emotions, and
behavioral tendencies which in turn could lead to greater anger and
aggression (Berkowitz, 1984; Tice & Baumeister, 1993)."

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp763367.pdf


Rhonda

Charlie Wilkes
August 7th 07, 06:53 AM
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 04:18:54 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>
> So you think the judgmental comments she tosses out about groups of
> people (Americans, children, etc.) are flame bait? I was thinking it was
> more genuine anger -- maybe misdirected, but still coming from
> somewhere.

She may be genuinely frustrated with certain aspects of her life, but her
comments about fat people and Americans are calculated to get a rise out
of people.

>
> The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
> doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
> thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.

Yes, in fact that is what they are saying -- "shut up because I'm not
listening." It's a feeble attempt to exert control over someone else.

There just isn't that much volume in this group. Nor does any one person
account for a disproportionate share of the volume. Filters are
overkill... all people have to do is ignore whatever posts they don't
want to read. But that doesn't send a message to whoever it is that
annoys them, does it?

Charlie

Meghan Noecker
August 7th 07, 08:56 AM
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 04:18:54 GMT, Rhonda
> wrote:


>The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
>doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
>thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.
>


I always figured it was to get attention (any person, any group -
making the announcement to kill-file somebody or leave the group).

I have left many groups permanently, and some groups off and on,
because I don't like the arguments on the group, the nastiness of some
people, or the group is more off-topic than non-topic. I never make an
announcement. I just leave.

This is one group that I come back every now and then to see if the
attitude has improved. Sometimes, I ask a question, respond to a few
posts, stay awhile. Sometimes I take a look and leave without even
posting.

Some groups, I have never gone back to. A couple weeks ago, I ditched
a mailing list because the moderator was cancelling posts that were
ontopic and polite,but disagreed with his opinion. In my case, he
didn't like the lights I was using for photography, and emailed me to
tell me to remove my statement about them (that they worked well).We
were already discussing the topic of lights and what worked well for
each of us. If he disliked my lights, he could have argued it on the
list. But he blocked my post because he thought i was wrong. I simply
replied that I could not alter my post. I waited a few days to see if
he would let it go through, and then I unsubcribed. Who knows how many
other valid discussions were quashed by his need to be right.

I can tell you that my opinions are certain topics have done a full
turnaround from my early postings 15 years ago. But I didn't change my
opinion when people were calling me names and being rude to me. I
changed my beliefs later when I was doing research and learned the
truth. If people want to make a difference, educating people works a
lot better than yelling and screaming. As it is, I usally figure the
other person knows they've lost when they get to the point of name
calling and off topic insults. Why? Because they aren't arguing the
actual topic. They ran out of valid points and got personal.

Charlie Wilkes
August 7th 07, 09:02 AM
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 04:52:34 +0000, Rhonda wrote:

> bookie wrote:
>
>> never heard of the cathartic effect? talking cure?
>
>
> I had to look that up! Google has a search for scholarly articles now.
> Here's what I found for cathartic effect:
>
> "In general, empirical findings have been inconsistent with the
> catharsis hypothesis (see reviews by Geen & Quanty, 1977, and Warren &
> Kurlycheck, 1981). Tavris (1988) concluded that "it is time to put a
> bullet, once and for all, through heart of the catharsis hypothesis. The
> belief that observing violence (or 'ventilating it') gets rid of
> hostilities has virtually never been supported by research" (p. 194).
> Because activities considered to be cathartic also are aggressive, they
> could lead to the activation of other aggressive thoughts, emotions, and
> behavioral tendencies which in turn could lead to greater anger and
> aggression (Berkowitz, 1984; Tice & Baumeister, 1993)."
>
> http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp763367.pdf
>
>
> Rhonda

This particular brand of pop psychology had its heyday in the 1970s,
promoted by cranks like Arthur Janov (primal therapy) and J.L. Moreno
(psychodrama). It's not unlike the "Alpha dog" theory, which has been
debunked by research, but you'll never convince the people who cling to
it because it justifies their desire to bully a dumb animal. Likewise
anger junkies cling to catharsis theory as a way to justify their
tantrums and tirades.

Charlie

bookie
August 7th 07, 01:13 PM
On 7 Aug, 05:52, Rhonda > wrote:
> bookie wrote:
> > never heard of the cathartic effect? talking cure?
>
> I had to look that up! Google has a search for scholarly articles now.
> Here's what I found for cathartic effect:
>
> "In general, empirical findings have been inconsistent with the
> catharsis hypothesis (see reviews by Geen & Quanty, 1977, and Warren &
> Kurlycheck, 1981). Tavris (1988) concluded that "it is time to put a
> bullet, once and for all, through heart of the catharsis hypothesis. The
> belief that observing violence (or 'ventilating it') gets rid of
> hostilities has virtually never been supported by research" (p. 194).
> Because activities considered to be cathartic also are aggressive, they
> could lead to the activation of other aggressive thoughts, emotions, and
> behavioral tendencies which in turn could lead to greater anger and
> aggression (Berkowitz, 1984; Tice & Baumeister, 1993)."
>
> http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp763367.pdf
>
> Rhonda

look up 'freud' and the talking cure

bookie
August 7th 07, 01:15 PM
On 7 Aug, 06:53, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 04:18:54 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>
> > So you think the judgmental comments she tosses out about groups of
> > people (Americans, children, etc.) are flame bait? I was thinking it was
> > more genuine anger -- maybe misdirected, but still coming from
> > somewhere.
>
> She may be genuinely frustrated with certain aspects of her life, but her
> comments about fat people and Americans are calculated to get a rise out
> of people.
>
finally someone works it out! and the thing is it can be so easy to do
with some of you, and the more you rise to the bait the more i do it
>

>
> > The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
> > doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
> > thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.
>
> Yes, in fact that is what they are saying -- "shut up because I'm not
> listening." It's a feeble attempt to exert control over someone else.
>
> There just isn't that much volume in this group. Nor does any one person
> account for a disproportionate share of the volume. Filters are
> overkill... all people have to do is ignore whatever posts they don't
> want to read.

exactly

But that doesn't send a message to whoever it is that
> annoys them, does it?

that's true, i don't get the message that i am pushing someone's
buttons
>
> Charlie

bookie
August 7th 07, 01:18 PM
On 7 Aug, 05:25, Rhonda > wrote:
> Lynne wrote:
> > on Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 GMT, Rhonda >
> > wrote:
>
> >>I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> >>you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> >>come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> >>the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
> >>even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> > It's not even just the abrasiveness, really, it's the huge steaming piles
> > of crap she writes. I have no time for that.
>
> What, no time for steaming piles of crap? You must be REALLY busy.
>
> Rhonda ;)

no just tired and trying to fill in a very long application form for
some funding, thought I might get some light relief by taking a quick
look at what was happenign here, big mistake really

cybercat
August 7th 07, 04:13 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
...
> bookie wrote:
>
>> never heard of the cathartic effect? talking cure?
>
>
> I had to look that up! Google has a search for scholarly articles now.
> Here's what I found for cathartic effect:
>
> "In general, empirical findings have been inconsistent with the catharsis
> hypothesis (see reviews by Geen & Quanty, 1977, and Warren & Kurlycheck,
> 1981). Tavris (1988) concluded that "it is time to put a bullet, once and
> for all, through heart of the catharsis hypothesis. The belief that
> observing violence (or 'ventilating it') gets rid of hostilities has
> virtually never been supported by research" (p. 194). Because activities
> considered to be cathartic also are aggressive, they could lead to the
> activation of other aggressive thoughts, emotions, and behavioral
> tendencies which in turn could lead to greater anger and aggression
> (Berkowitz, 1984; Tice & Baumeister, 1993)."
>
> http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp763367.pdf
>
>

Now this is interesting. :)



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Sheelagh >o
August 7th 07, 05:24 PM
On 7 Aug, 05:18, Rhonda > wrote:
> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> > On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>
> >>bookie wrote:
>
> >>>On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>
> >>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>
> > wrote:
>
> >>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled
> >>>>>Bookie, so I bumped the post.
>
> >>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> >>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted. --
> >>>>Lynne
>
> >>>thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
> >>>ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
> >>>over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
> >>>different opinion to me about something
>
> >>Bookie,
>
> >>I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> >>you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> >>come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> >>the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
> >>even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> >>Rhonda
>
> > Hmmm. It's true that Bookie tosses out some flame bait, with her
> > comments about Americans, fat people, putting a burning tire around
> > someone's neck, etc. etc. But so what??? Most of what she posts is
> > about her cats or her comments about other people's cat issues. If
> > people find it necessary to censor their own newsfeed because they can't
> > tolerate her jibes, that's their business, but, as she says above, it is
> > puerile. And it is doubly puerile because they always find it necessary
> > to make a public announcement about it.
>
> So you think the judgmental comments she tosses out about groups of
> people (Americans, children, etc.) are flame bait? I was thinking it was
> more genuine anger -- maybe misdirected, but still coming from somewhere.
>
> The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
> doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
> thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.
>
> Rhonda- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

In some ways I agree with you here.

I can remember getting worked up into a lather when someone announced
that they were going to killfile me, quite recently in fact. But, the
more I thought about it, the more I realised that the person who chose
to kill file me could have quite easily done so & kept it to them
self. The whole reason for announcing it, was to humiliate me. It
really had nothing to do with what I said @ all..It was more to do
with thinking/ knowing they had the power & wielding it it to
humiliate not just me, but everyone who they disliked, for whatever
reasons. It wasn't until someone grouped them together with me &
another feline friend, that the penny dropped.

They were more concerned with what other people thought of them, than
being grouped with us for an entirely different reasons. Now, I
couldn't care less, because I understand why. The only reason that it
hurt @ all in the first place was because I actually cared for &
respected them- Now that I know better, It is no loss to me @ all,
because in that one instant, they showed me how shallow they actually
were.. & I saw them in their true colours for the first time.

The moral of this story, is that everyone has the choice as to whether
or not they read something, however, if they choose to treat you that
way in public, that person is probably best avoided. They hold you in
contempt & obviously feel superior for one reason or another, & feel
the need for others to know it for personal agenda's. You can choose
to ignore people quietly & you are not forced into humiliating anyone,
whether you like them, or not!

A lot of people might find what Bookie has to say as abrasive &
thoughtless. I think that you will find that she does it for a good
reason. This is her method of sorting out the wood from the tree's.
You might not agree with her methods, or her opinion's, but I think
you will find that she is honest in everything that she says. Some of
the things she says *are* outrageous, but she never feeds you full of
simpering Bull [email protected] . I think you will find that we all have our
moments of passion, anger in expression. (excluding charlie of course,
Lol) It's how you choose to deal with it that matters.

And, Yes, I do include myself here! :o)
Sheelagh >"o"<

bookie
August 7th 07, 10:54 PM
On 7 Aug, 17:24, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> On 7 Aug, 05:18, Rhonda > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> > > On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>
> > >>bookie wrote:
>
> > >>>On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>
> > >>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>
> > > wrote:
>
> > >>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled
> > >>>>>Bookie, so I bumped the post.
>
> > >>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> > >>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted. --
> > >>>>Lynne
>
> > >>>thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
> > >>>ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
> > >>>over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
> > >>>different opinion to me about something
>
> > >>Bookie,
>
> > >>I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> > >>you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> > >>come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> > >>the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
> > >>even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> > >>Rhonda
>
> > > Hmmm. It's true that Bookie tosses out some flame bait, with her
> > > comments about Americans, fat people, putting a burning tire around
> > > someone's neck, etc. etc. But so what??? Most of what she posts is
> > > about her cats or her comments about other people's cat issues. If
> > > people find it necessary to censor their own newsfeed because they can't
> > > tolerate her jibes, that's their business, but, as she says above, it is
> > > puerile. And it is doubly puerile because they always find it necessary
> > > to make a public announcement about it.
>
> > So you think the judgmental comments she tosses out about groups of
> > people (Americans, children, etc.) are flame bait? I was thinking it was
> > more genuine anger -- maybe misdirected, but still coming from somewhere.
>
> > The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
> > doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
> > thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.
>
> > Rhonda- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> In some ways I agree with you here.
>
> I can remember getting worked up into a lather when someone announced
> that they were going to killfile me, quite recently in fact. But, the
> more I thought about it, the more I realised that the person who chose
> to kill file me could have quite easily done so & kept it to them
> self. The whole reason for announcing it, was to humiliate me. It
> really had nothing to do with what I said @ all..It was more to do
> with thinking/ knowing they had the power & wielding it it to
> humiliate not just me, but everyone who they disliked, for whatever
> reasons. It wasn't until someone grouped them together with me &
> another feline friend, that the penny dropped.
>
> They were more concerned with what other people thought of them, than
> being grouped with us for an entirely different reasons. Now, I
> couldn't care less, because I understand why. The only reason that it
> hurt @ all in the first place was because I actually cared for &
> respected them- Now that I know better, It is no loss to me @ all,
> because in that one instant, they showed me how shallow they actually
> were.. & I saw them in their true colours for the first time.
>
> The moral of this story, is that everyone has the choice as to whether
> or not they read something, however, if they choose to treat you that
> way in public, that person is probably best avoided. They hold you in
> contempt & obviously feel superior for one reason or another, & feel
> the need for others to know it for personal agenda's. You can choose
> to ignore people quietly & you are not forced into humiliating anyone,
> whether you like them, or not!
>
> A lot of people might find what Bookie has to say as abrasive &
> thoughtless. I think that you will find that she does it for a good
> reason. This is her method of sorting out the wood from the tree's.
> You might not agree with her methods, or her opinion's, but I think
> you will find that she is honest in everything that she says. Some of
> the things she says *are* outrageous, but she never feeds you full of
> simpering Bull [email protected] . I think you will find that we all have our
> moments of passion, anger in expression. (excluding charlie of course,
> Lol) It's how you choose to deal with it that matters.
>
> And, Yes, I do include myself here! :o)
> Sheelagh >"o"<- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

you see i don't think i am abrasive when compared to some other people
who post here, some other people post stuff is is far more outrageous
and rude than me and are sometimes really insulting to people who are
looking for advice in a way which is totally out of context with the
situation Actually to be honest i don' t care, it amuses me when
people complain about somethign I have said, or more usually the way i
have said it, because i think of all the times when they have said or
done somethign which has upset me or generally been totally out of
line (and I am talking in the wider world, not just here) and i just
let it slide and tell myself to 'get over it' and that everyone has a
right to say what they think etc etc and that i shoud just unclench my
buttocks a bit and not be so uptight.
what bugs me is when that freedom to behave as one chooses does not
extend to me, but then that's life and life sucks most of the time.

and about killfiling; i can't be arsed with it, i just don't bother
reading things posted by some people who I think are tedious or not
cat-related or just utter crap. For example I have stopped reading a
lot of barry's posts purely because i find them totally
incomprehensible and I have no idea what on earth he is going on about
in most of them

bookie

Lynne
August 8th 07, 06:01 PM
on Mon, 06 Aug 2007 19:42:15 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
> wrote:

> I think the overstated use of
> killfiles is a feeble ploy, but I don't get myself worked up because
> people do it. I'm just expressing an opinion.

You seem to have an issue with killfiles. Is it trauma related? Too many
people killfiled you in the past? Personally, I make liberal use of
filtering and find it invaluable. The signal-to-noise ratio on Usenet is
greatly improved that way, and in this group, that's saying a lot. When I
travel and have only Google Groups with which to read the newsgroups, I
tend not to read them at all.

At any rate, as I said, I KF'd her long before saying anything about it.
Almost immediately after she discovered this group, in fact. Whatever
"message" I was delivering by finally announcing it was appropriate at the
time *for me* (and probably relevent to whatever discussion was occuring).
I find it highly amusing that you are bothered by it.

--
Lynne

Sheelagh >o
August 9th 07, 12:26 AM
On 7 Aug, 22:54, bookie > wrote:
> On 7 Aug, 17:24, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 7 Aug, 05:18, Rhonda > wrote:
>
> > > Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> > > > On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 05:52:07 +0000, Rhonda wrote:
>
> > > >>bookie wrote:
>
> > > >>>On 3 Aug, 13:46, Lynne > wrote:
>
> > > >>>>on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:53:23 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
>
> > > > wrote:
>
> > > >>>>>Bookie was addressing Lynne, but Lynne supposedly has killfiled
> > > >>>>>Bookie, so I bumped the post.
>
> > > >>>>Well don't bother. I have her kill-filed for a reason, and I'm not
> > > >>>>inclined to read her blather even when quoted. --
> > > >>>>Lynne
>
> > > >>>thats really quite pathetic and puerile of you then, typical yank
> > > >>>ignorance; I don't like what I hear so I am just going to out my hands
> > > >>>over my ears and refuse to listen especially when other peolpe have a
> > > >>>different opinion to me about something
>
> > > >>Bookie,
>
> > > >>I don't think it's the fact that you have different opinions as to why
> > > >>you are killfiled, I think it's how you present your opinion. If you
> > > >>come off as abrasive and judgmental and as not having any respect for
> > > >>the person you are talking to -- then that's your choice, Just don't get
> > > >>even more mad when people choose to stop listening.
>
> > > >>Rhonda
>
> > > > Hmmm. It's true that Bookie tosses out some flame bait, with her
> > > > comments about Americans, fat people, putting a burning tire around
> > > > someone's neck, etc. etc. But so what??? Most of what she posts is
> > > > about her cats or her comments about other people's cat issues. If
> > > > people find it necessary to censor their own newsfeed because they can't
> > > > tolerate her jibes, that's their business, but, as she says above, it is
> > > > puerile. And it is doubly puerile because they always find it necessary
> > > > to make a public announcement about it.
>
> > > So you think the judgmental comments she tosses out about groups of
> > > people (Americans, children, etc.) are flame bait? I was thinking it was
> > > more genuine anger -- maybe misdirected, but still coming from somewhere.
>
> > > The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
> > > doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
> > > thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.
>
> > > Rhonda- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > In some ways I agree with you here.
>
> > I can remember getting worked up into a lather when someone announced
> > that they were going to killfile me, quite recently in fact. But, the
> > more I thought about it, the more I realised that the person who chose
> > to kill file me could have quite easily done so & kept it to them
> > self. The whole reason for announcing it, was to humiliate me. It
> > really had nothing to do with what I said @ all..It was more to do
> > with thinking/ knowing they had the power & wielding it it to
> > humiliate not just me, but everyone who they disliked, for whatever
> > reasons. It wasn't until someone grouped them together with me &
> > another feline friend, that the penny dropped.
>
> > They were more concerned with what other people thought of them, than
> > being grouped with us for an entirely different reasons. Now, I
> > couldn't care less, because I understand why. The only reason that it
> > hurt @ all in the first place was because I actually cared for &
> > respected them- Now that I know better, It is no loss to me @ all,
> > because in that one instant, they showed me how shallow they actually
> > were.. & I saw them in their true colours for the first time.
>
> > The moral of this story, is that everyone has the choice as to whether
> > or not they read something, however, if they choose to treat you that
> > way in public, that person is probably best avoided. They hold you in
> > contempt & obviously feel superior for one reason or another, & feel
> > the need for others to know it for personal agenda's. You can choose
> > to ignore people quietly & you are not forced into humiliating anyone,
> > whether you like them, or not!
>
> > A lot of people might find what Bookie has to say as abrasive &
> > thoughtless. I think that you will find that she does it for a good
> > reason. This is her method of sorting out the wood from the tree's.
> > You might not agree with her methods, or her opinion's, but I think
> > you will find that she is honest in everything that she says. Some of
> > the things she says *are* outrageous, but she never feeds you full of
> > simpering Bull [email protected] . I think you will find that we all have our
> > moments of passion, anger in expression. (excluding charlie of course,
> > Lol) It's how you choose to deal with it that matters.
>
> > And, Yes, I do include myself here! :o)
> > Sheelagh >"o"<- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> you see i don't think i am abrasive when compared to some other people
> who post here, some other people post stuff is is far more outrageous
> and rude than me and are sometimes really insulting to people who are
> looking for advice in a way which is totally out of context with the
> situation Actually to be honest i don' t care, it amuses me when
> people complain about somethign I have said, or more usually the way i
> have said it, because i think of all the times when they have said or
> done somethign which has upset me or generally been totally out of
> line (and I am talking in the wider world, not just here) and i just
> let it slide and tell myself to 'get over it' and that everyone has a
> right to say what they think etc etc and that i shoud just unclench my
> buttocks a bit and not be so uptight.
> what bugs me is when that freedom to behave as one chooses does not
> extend to me, but then that's life and life sucks most of the time.
>
> and about killfiling; i can't be arsed with it, i just don't bother
> reading things posted by some people who I think are tedious or not
> cat-related or just utter crap. For example I have stopped reading a
> lot of barry's posts purely because i find them totally
> incomprehensible and I have no idea what on earth he is going on about
> in most of them
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

> what bugs me is when that freedom to behave as one chooses does not
> extend to me, but then that's life and life sucks most of the time.....

Yes, life does rather Suck @ times. And, I fully appreciate exactly
what you say too.

Quite recently, I felt that need, but was advised it just wasn't
Netiquet. Some things are just "too no go", & you are expected to do
it privately. Actually, I have also recently found out that this can &
does work quite well. One has to adapt to other cultures & the way
others do things. When in Rome, do as...the Romans do....

It's actually quite liberating :o)

ANYWAY!
I have sat on my fingers all evening, waiting for a post telling me
how our new gentleman is doing.....PLEASE?????

<major cuddles extended from sheelagh, with furry face rubs too>

Sheelagh >"o"<