PDA

View Full Version : Dogs For Rent Coming To The UK

GGVA
August 2nd 07, 12:35 PM
A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.

For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
expand her business to London by the end of the year.

Full article:
www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265

bookie
August 2nd 07, 03:22 PM
On 2 Aug, 12:35, GGVA > wrote:
> A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
> full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.
>
> For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
> time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
> Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
> expand her business to London by the end of the year.
>
> Full article:www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265

are you ****ing serious? sounds fairly tragic to me

MaryL
August 2nd 07, 05:36 PM
"GGVA" > wrote in message
oups.com...
A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.

For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
expand her business to London by the end of the year.

Full article:
www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265

What a stupid idea! This might be a money-maker to the person who owns this
"business," but it is nothing short of animal cruelty. Those poor dogs (and
other animals, if she expands this business) will never have any sense of
security. Nothing will be permanent, no one to really love. Whoever
thought up this idea should qualify for the darwin award, and I hope steps
will be taken to put a stop to it.

MaryL

Sheelagh >o
August 2nd 07, 05:42 PM
On 2 Aug, 15:22, bookie > wrote:
> On 2 Aug, 12:35, GGVA > wrote:
>
> > A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
> > full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.
>
> > For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
> > time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
> > Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
> > expand her business to London by the end of the year.
>
> > Full article:www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265
>
> are you ****ing serious? sounds fairly tragic to me

Errmmm...
Are you serious?
Has anyone thought of the dogs welfare, feelings & thoughts on how
they feel about this deal by any chance?

I have to say that for all the well meaning thoughts and Intentions on
this one, that I feel it is a terrible idea. Imagine the poor Dogs
feelings when the rental period is up & it has to go back to the
yard, what happens then?
Also, what happenes to the person who falls in love with the animal &
has to surrender it?

Why not just donate $49 to your local no kill shelter and go take it
for a walk when the mood takes you?

I have a horrible story to tell you about this type of well
intentioned thought:

I am ashamed to say that my mother in law was gifted a dog for her
birthday the year after her husband died, by her well intentioned
daughter. The daughter felt that it was the perfect partnership. It
meant that mum would have company now that dad was gone, & that the
dog was homed from the shelter. (seems reasonable so far...)

The dog was 13 years old & piddled on the kitchen floor and fouled in
the hallway every night. This meant that mother had a extra cleaning
to do that she never invited & the dog was unhappy in the company of
someone who I am certain it could tell was not best thrilled with the
arrangement.

This went on for around 8 months. in that 8 months the dog ran off
twice, & Mother had to pay a pick up fee of 80 to the dog catching
section of the local council. She didn't just open the door and let it
out. She used to open the door, hang the laundry out, & he could go
our whilst she was there with him, to do his business & stretch his
legs. But, in that time 3 of those times the dog legged it!!

On the third time it decided to go walkabout, she rang the local
council & advised them that she didn't have the money to get him back
as it were. In one sense this was true. She couldn't afford to pay 80
($160), every time it decided to wander off. She was also honest
enough to tell the the tale I am telling you, so the dog had to go
back to the dog pound (shelter).

My worry about this link is that it is the sort of thing that well
meaning people look @ & decided to inflict on their relatives, in an
attempt to make up for not being there all of the time to keep the
parent company. In that case it would be detrimental to the dog (or
cat!!), & also the person who receives them had no say in the matter
to start with, because the price is so affordable.
Just my thoughts on the matter....
Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh >o
August 2nd 07, 05:58 PM
On 2 Aug, 17:36, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "GGVA" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
> A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
> full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.
>
> For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
> time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
> Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
> expand her business to London by the end of the year.
>
> Full article:www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265
>
> What a stupid idea! This might be a money-maker to the person who owns this
> "business," but it is nothing short of animal cruelty. Those poor dogs (and
> other animals, if she expands this business) will never have any sense of
> security. Nothing will be permanent, no one to really love. Whoever
> thought up this idea should qualify for the darwin award, and I hope steps
> will be taken to put a stop to it.
>
> MaryL

I so agree with you Mary.. it does tantamount to outright cruelty!!

What happens if the rental dogs current owner falls in love with the
pet that they have?

What happens if the animal adapts well to the home it is in, but the
owner really can't affords the fee every tie it came around?

I would be most surprised if the dogs didn't all come with behavioural
difficulties when it goes to each home because all the poor thing is
used to, is being pushed from pillar to post!!

This has to be one of thew worst money spinning cruelty idea's that
has ever been created. I have never heard of the Darwin Award, but I
assume that it is one of those awards that are presented to people who
would rather not receive it?

I will certainly take steps to follow this one up, to make sure that
we don't have it over here. in fact, I am off to google it now & write
to my local RSPCA association & remind my MP to make sure that he
raises this question in the House of Commons, because our animals have
rights now that the new Bill was passed by Parliament. This is cruelty
in the first degree, & our pets should be protected from this. It is
the right of our Member of Parliament, to question something that
might be of detriment to any pet as well as citizens in his
constituency now.

Backing away from the PC now to cool down

Sheelagh>"o"<

MaryL
August 2nd 07, 06:29 PM
oups.com...
wrote:
> "GGVA" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
> A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
> full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.
>
> For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
> time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
> Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
> expand her business to London by the end of the year.
>
> Full
> article:www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265
>
> What a stupid idea! This might be a money-maker to the person who owns
> this
> "business," but it is nothing short of animal cruelty. Those poor dogs
> (and
> other animals, if she expands this business) will never have any sense of
> security. Nothing will be permanent, no one to really love. Whoever
> thought up this idea should qualify for the darwin award, and I hope steps
> will be taken to put a stop to it.
>
> MaryL

I so agree with you Mary.. it does tantamount to outright cruelty!!

What happens if the rental dogs current owner falls in love with the
pet that they have?

What happens if the animal adapts well to the home it is in, but the
owner really can't affords the fee every tie it came around?

I would be most surprised if the dogs didn't all come with behavioural
difficulties when it goes to each home because all the poor thing is
used to, is being pushed from pillar to post!!

This has to be one of thew worst money spinning cruelty idea's that
has ever been created. I have never heard of the Darwin Award, but I
assume that it is one of those awards that are presented to people who
would rather not receive it?

I will certainly take steps to follow this one up, to make sure that
we don't have it over here. in fact, I am off to google it now & write
to my local RSPCA association & remind my MP to make sure that he
raises this question in the House of Commons, because our animals have
rights now that the new Bill was passed by Parliament. This is cruelty
in the first degree, & our pets should be protected from this. It is
the right of our Member of Parliament, to question something that
might be of detriment to any pet as well as citizens in his
constituency now.

Backing away from the PC now to cool down

Sheelagh>"o"<

The Darwin Awards are named for Charles Darwin (theory of evolution). The
actual "awards" were supposedly given to people who killed themselves in an
especially stupid way, thus removing themselves from the gene pool. Since
then, many people (and this the way I used it) have used Darwin Awards to
simply refer to incredibly stupid modes of behavior.

MaryL

bookie
August 2nd 07, 06:37 PM
On 2 Aug, 17:58, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> On 2 Aug, 17:36, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
> wrote:
>

> > "GGVA" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
> > A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
> > full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.
>
> > For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
> > time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
> > Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
> > expand her business to London by the end of the year.
>
> > Full article:www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265
>
> > What a stupid idea! This might be a money-maker to the person who owns this
> > "business," but it is nothing short of animal cruelty. Those poor dogs (and
> > other animals, if she expands this business) will never have any sense of
> > security. Nothing will be permanent, no one to really love. Whoever
> > thought up this idea should qualify for the darwin award, and I hope steps
> > will be taken to put a stop to it.
>
> > MaryL
>
> I so agree with you Mary.. it does tantamount to outright cruelty!!
>
> What happens if the rental dogs current owner falls in love with the
> pet that they have?
>
> What happens if the animal adapts well to the home it is in, but the
> owner really can't affords the fee every tie it came around?
>
> I would be most surprised if the dogs didn't all come with behavioural
> difficulties when it goes to each home because all the poor thing is
> used to, is being pushed from pillar to post!!
>
> This has to be one of thew worst money spinning cruelty idea's that
> has ever been created. I have never heard of the Darwin Award, but I
> assume that it is one of those awards that are presented to people who
> would rather not receive it?
>
> I will certainly take steps to follow this one up, to make sure that
> we don't have it over here. in fact, I am off to google it now & write
> to my local RSPCA association & remind my MP to make sure that he
> raises this question in the House of Commons, because our animals have
> rights now that the new Bill was passed by Parliament. This is cruelty
> in the first degree, & our pets should be protected from this. It is
> the right of our Member of Parliament, to question something that
> might be of detriment to any pet as well as citizens in his
> constituency now.
>
> Backing away from the PC now to cool down
>
> Sheelagh>"o"<- Hide quoted text -

if you click onthe link it says tyhat the humane society or whoever
thoroughly condemns this whole business and points out that dogs tend
to get atatched to people an masters and that constantly attaching to
a master and gettgin to knwo a human and then being torn away form
that master will seriously harm the dogs mental state and be bad for
it's welfare, so atr least someone somewhere is agreeing with us and
pointing out officially what a bad idea this is.

the owner of the business (who obviously has no concern for animals or
dog welfare if she is willign to pimp out her dogs to anyone who comes
along) sadi she wants to expand her business to the UK so i hope that
the RSPCA will do everything they can to stop her. I think the whole
idea is utterly despiocable,a d as you have said, why not just go
along to your local shelter or blue cross centre and offer to take
some of the dogs out for a walk sometime? that is what i have done
inthe past as I cannot have a dog but I still enjoy their company.
even if i could afford the money I would not spend 49 or whatever
'hiring' a dog for the afternoon, that is just so bad for the dogs,
and if you really love dogs you would give the money to a shelter and
get your kick out of seeing it going towards looking dogs who really
need the help in a good environment.

hate to say it but only the yanks would think of doing something like
this, anything to make a quick buck. It is probably the only way this
woman can think of to make money after she has already sold her own
grandmother

grrrrr.........
bookie

Sheelagh >o
August 2nd 07, 07:17 PM
On 2 Aug, 18:37, bookie > wrote:
> [...]
> the RSPCA will do everything they can to stop her. I think the whole
> idea is utterly despiocable,a d as you have said, why not just go
> along to your local shelter or blue cross centre and offer to take
> some of the dogs out for a walk sometime? that is what i have done
> inthe past as I cannot have a dog but I still enjoy their company.
> even if i could afford the money I would not spend 49 or whatever
> 'hiring' a dog for the afternoon, that is just so bad for the dogs,
> and if you really love dogs you would give the money to a shelter and
> get your kick out of seeing it going towards looking dogs who really
> need the help in a good environment.
>
> hate to say it but only the yanks would think of doing something like
> this, anything to make a quick buck. It is probably the only way this
> woman can think of to make money after she has already sold her own

Time to step away from the Pc Bookie.

As in all countries, even our own, there are bad egg's. It is just bad
coincidence that the silly Ermentrude who thought this idea up, & sold
her Granny down the river, happens to be American.. After all, not all
of them are like that!

I would hardly class MaryL or Matthew or most of the group for that
matter ( they were just the 1st 2 that came to mind), are like that,
at all. Having said that, I too feel very angry and passionate about
ensuring the ides never reaches here. And, that can only come about,
if we "All work together".

We have some real [email protected] in this country too. Look at the monsters who
who shot Ringo..As far as I am concerned, the sooner they get shipped
off to Guantanamo bay, the better! I see no difference between a man
who's sole intention is to kill as many people in the name of a faith
that preaches love & peace, than I do a despicable animal abuser who
abuses them in the name of Money, & would frankly use an any vehicle,
to make money at the expense of an animal or Humans expense. (animal
in this case!!)

My point is, that this could have originated in Germany, China,
Russia, or the USA & I would feel the same way about the instigator of
this concept. They just happen to be American in this case. If we
can't "ALL" work together for the good of the Animal with our pet
loving partners, then the Animal is the one that looses in a situation
like this.

So Damn the woman, & to hell with her concept. The vast majority of
Americans feel the same way as we do here, & would gladly shut them
down if they could too. I suppose the ultimate question here, is how
do we support them to kill the concept in it's track's & what do we
have to do to rid them of this Blight, as we would here?
I feel as angry as you do & need to step away too
<fuming @ the ears nose and mouth too in agreement of shutting this
idiot down in he tracks!!>
Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh >o
August 2nd 07, 07:52 PM
On 2 Aug, 18:29, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> [...]
> to my local RSPCA association & remind my MP to make sure that he
> raises this question in the House of Commons, because our animals have
> rights now that the new Bill was passed by Parliament. This is cruelty
> in the first degree, & our pets should be protected from this. It is
> the right of our Member of Parliament, to question something that
> might be of detriment to any pet as well as citizens in his
> constituency now.
>
> Backing away from the PC now to cool down
>
> Sheelagh>"o"<
>
> The Darwin Awards are named for Charles Darwin (theory of evolution). The
> actual "awards" were supposedly given to people who killed themselves in an
> especially stupid way, thus removing themselves from the gene pool. Since
> then, many people (and this the way I used it) have used Darwin Awards to
> simply refer to incredibly stupid modes of behavior.

AAHhh!
I knew who Charles Darwin was, & what he did to generate all of the
theories of the evolution of all animals known to man when he
circumnavigated the world (particularly Australia seems to come to
mind?)

I just wondered if there was a goof award that was invented to present
to the "The Biggest foolish idea in the world"?, in that name.

I see your point now. Please Forgive my idiotic incomprehension.
Sheelagh>"o"<

bookie
August 3rd 07, 01:25 AM
On 2 Aug, 19:17, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> [...]
> to make money at the expense of an animal or Humans expense. (animal
> in this case!!)
>
> My point is, that this could have originated in Germany, China,
> Russia, or the USA & I would feel the same way about the instigator of
> this concept. They just happen to be American in this case. If we
> can't "ALL" work together for the good of the Animal with our pet
> loving partners, then the Animal is the one that looses in a situation
> like this.
>
> So Damn the woman, & to hell with her concept. The vast majority of
> Americans feel the same way as we do here, & would gladly shut them
> down if they could too. I suppose the ultimate question here, is how
> do we support them to kill the concept in it's track's & what do we
> have to do to rid them of this Blight, as we would here?
> I feel as angry as you do & need to step away too

i am sure the animal welfare bill will have to against this whole idea
won't it? time to write letter to lots of people.
anyway i hate the french more than the yanks

bookie
August 3rd 07, 01:28 AM
On 2 Aug, 19:52, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> [...]
>
> > The Darwin Awards are named for Charles Darwin (theory of evolution). The
> > actual "awards" were supposedly given to people who killed themselves in an
> > especially stupid way, thus removing themselves from the gene pool. Since
> > then, many people (and this the way I used it) have used Darwin Awards to
> > simply refer to incredibly stupid modes of behavior.
>
> > MaryL- Hide quoted text -

> AAHhh!
> I knew who Charles Darwin was, & what he did to generate all of the
> theories of the evolution of all animals known to man when he
> circumnavigated the world (particularly Australia seems to come to
> mind?)
>
> I just wondered if there was a goof award that was invented to present
> to the "The Biggest foolish idea in the world"?, in that name.
>
> I see your point now. Please Forgive my idiotic incomprehension.

look up 'darwin awards' on google, they are very funny, usually tales
of how stupid people have managed to remove their genes (and
themselves a lot of the time) form the gene pool, thus helping to make
the species fitter and stronger by not having their stupidity genes
around anymore polluting and weaking the population.
i have one of the books, but every year more and more people get added
to the list.

bookie

CatNipped[_2_]
August 3rd 07, 02:33 PM
"GGVA" > wrote in message
oups.com...
A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.

For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
expand her business to London by the end of the year.

Full article:
www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265

================================================== ===============================

I just got this from Itchmo Pet Alerts:

Full story at:
http://www.itchmo.com/ceo-with-sordid-past-linked-to-flexpetz-dog-sharing-service-2018

This news and more at:
http://www.itchmo.com

Buyer Beware: CEO With Sordid Past Behind Flexpetz Dog Sharing Service

Simon Brodie, the controversial founder with a criminal past behind the
Allerca hypoallergenic cats, is the CEO of a company that owns Flexpetz, the
pet sharing service. Brodie was convicted in the UK of multiple counts of
accounting fraud. Ever since his move to the United States, he has been
linked to pets or animals in his ventures and is shadowed by a history of
failed ventures, lawsuits, unpaid bills, and fraud allegations. He
characterized his past by saying "I've had some hits, some misses."

How is Simon Brodie linked to Flexpetz?
---
Brodie was appointed the CEO of Tetros, Inc. - a firm purchased by ColdStar
Capital. Flexpetz issued a press release in April which described itself as
a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetros, who are both owned by ColdStar Capital.
ColdStar, who lists its president as Jonathon Nicholson, is based out of the
Cayman Islands.

When we talked with Brodie, he flatly denied having any knowledge about
ColdStar Capital. When asked about the SEC filing that lists him as CEO of
Tetros, Brodie retracted his statement, but would not provide a phone number
for Nicholson.

The reference to ColdStar Capital was removed from the Flexpetz website on
Thursday, the same day we spoke with Simon Brodie.

Add $22,000 exotic "Ashera" cats that haven't been seen.
---
Simon Brodie is also the founder of Allerca (which is selling hypoallergenic
cats for thousands of dollars) and also the man behind the supposedly unique
"Ashera" cats...

Story continues at:
http://www.itchmo.com/ceo-with-sordid-past-linked-to-flexpetz-dog-sharing-service-2018

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
August 3rd 07, 02:34 PM
Heh, looks like you beat me to the punch with this - I just posted the same
thing!

Hugs,

CatNipped

. ..

> "GGVA" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
> full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.
>
> For the equivalent of 49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
> time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
> Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
> expand her business to London by the end of the year.
>
> Full article:
> www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Home&sub=News&method=fetch&item=1265
>
> What a stupid idea! This might be a money-maker to the person who owns
> this "business," but it is nothing short of animal cruelty. Those poor
> dogs (and other animals, if she expands this business) will never have any
> sense of security. Nothing will be permanent, no one to really love.
> Whoever thought up this idea should qualify for the darwin award, and I
> hope steps will be taken to put a stop to it.
>
> MaryL

Sheelagh >o
August 3rd 07, 04:30 PM
On 3 Aug, 14:33, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> [...]
> Thursday, the same day we spoke with Simon Brodie.
>
> Add $22,000 exotic "Ashera" cats that haven't been seen.
> ---
> Simon Brodie is also the founder of Allerca (which is selling hypoallergenic
> cats for thousands of dollars) and also the man behind the supposedly unique
> "Ashera" cats...
>
> Story continues at:http://www.itchmo.com/ceo-with-sordid-past-linked-to-flexpetz-dog-sha...
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

On 2 Aug, 19:17, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:

As in all countries, even our own, there are bad egg's. It is just
bad
coincidence that the silly Ermentrude who thought this idea up, &
sold
her Granny down the river, happens to be American.. After all, not
----------------------------------
Ha!!

Why am I not surprised. Yesterday I was under the impression that the
founder of this idiotic granny selling idea originated from the USA..
Now the truth comes to bare..It's a Brit from the UK!!

How ashamed can you get when one of your home grown unscrupulous dirty
low down Dingo ( no offense to the mongrel or dingo of course!!)
mongrel, comes up with a dreadful, shameless money spinning, conning
outrageous disgusting idea like this??!! As I said in my earlier post,
there are bad eggs the world over, this time it happens to be a
British low life that seems to think he can escape his sordid past, &
simply restart over again in a different country with a similar
disgusting idea. All the more reason for our Members of Parliament &
the RSPCA to support us in making sure that the shameless imbecile
never gets the chance to go anywhere near animals in this, or any
other country either, if that is possible?

Don't you have laws in the USA that deal with shameless creeps like
this? If you do, tweak every single one of them to make sure that not
a single other creature under his care, ever gets the chance to be
abused ever again, with our full support too. If there is anything
that we can do from this side of the pond to support you, just let us
know what it is, so that we can support you in removing this blight on
the earth from the community & land him in jail which is where he
should be. Anyway, it would do him good to find out what it is like
having to live inside a cage @ the behest of another human being, just
for a change. He has thought nothing of doing it to cats and dogs, so
why shouldn't he try it out for size?

Ugh!!

It makes my skin crawl to think that he has already got away with it
once. Perhaps the best thing that can happen, is that your laws have a
way of ensuring that this creep is put behind bars? @ least in the
USA, when you get a penalty, the person in question has to serve that
sentence..Over here, it feels like they only ever pay for half the
sentence they get, if they get one @ all!

One very Embarrassed,
Sheelagh >"o"<

bookie
August 3rd 07, 07:12 PM
On 3 Aug, 16:30, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> [...]
> that we can do from this side of the pond to support you, just let us
> know what it is, so that we can support you in removing this blight on
> the earth from the community & land him in jail which is where he
> should be. Anyway, it would do him good to find out what it is like
> having to live inside a cage @ the behest of another human being, just
> for a change. He has thought nothing of doing it to cats and dogs, so
> why shouldn't he try it out for size?
>
> Ugh!!
>
> It makes my skin crawl to think that he has already got away with it
> once. Perhaps the best thing that can happen, is that your laws have a
> way of ensuring that this creep is put behind bars? @ least in the
> USA, when you get a penalty, the person in question has to serve that
> sentence..Over here, it feels like they only ever pay for half the

thing is it is fraudulent accounting he is convicted with not animal
abuse, very different thing, and cooking the books doesn't
necessarily mean he beats up kittens. yes he does have a hobby of
patrting stupid people from their money but then that does not mean he
is evil through and through or capable of all sorts of nasty
misdemeanours.
personally i am more bothered with stoppng this whole business venture
off the ground in this country than who is in charge of it, and just
becaue he is 'linked' does not mean that he dreamt the whole ideas up,
he probably just saw it as a quick way to separate stupid people from
their cash (and he is probably not wrong either)

Sheelagh >o
August 4th 07, 03:58 PM
On 3 Aug, 19:12, bookie > wrote:
> [...]
> patrting stupid people from their money but then that does not mean he
> is evil through and through or capable of all sorts of nasty
> misdemeanours.
> personally i am more bothered with stoppng this whole business venture
> off the ground in this country than who is in charge of it, and just
> becaue he is 'linked' does not mean that he dreamt the whole ideas up,
> he probably just saw it as a quick way to separate stupid people from
> their cash (and he is probably not wrong either)- Hide quoted text -

> thing is it is fraudulent accounting he is convicted with not animal
> abuse, very different thing, and cooking the books doesn't
> necessarily mean he beats up kittens. yes he does have a hobby of
> patrting stupid people from their money but then that does not mean he
> is evil through and through or capable of all sorts of nasty

I wasn't implying that he was a an animal basher Bookie, merely that
he was contemptible, a crook & not someone that I would care to trust
the lives with animals with. He definately can't be trusted, so with
that in mind, it would be better if he never got the chance to take
this venture any further. I was asking if there was a way to pin him
down, for his past misdemeanors, in order to close him down in the
USA, where he already has a foot hold.

> personally i am more bothered with stoppng this whole business venture
> off the ground in this country than who is in charge of it, and just
> becaue he is 'linked' does not mean that he dreamt the whole ideas up,
> he probably just saw it as a quick way to separate stupid people from
> their cash (and he is probably not wrong either)-

Same, but that is because we live here, & would never support such a
ridiculous project, for fear of how the animals are kept & treated,
which would appear to be, very cruelly. ( well lets say that he has
little concern for what happens to the animals, but a major interest
in how to milk the project-Surely, this amounts to the same thing?)

As for conning the stupid out of money...I see things slightly
differently.

It can be argued that only a fool would part with their money, but it
could also be argued, that a lonely animal lover could be taken in by
this idea if presented in the right light, & agree to be a -part of
this venture, simply because they know no better. People often bully
the elderly into parting with cash in trust, over a venture similar to
this. However, if they were presented with the facts as we now know
them to be, I think you would find that no one would support them. I
think this is a prime candidate for Watchdog, don't you?

For the benefit of our non Brit Friends, Watchdog, is a national T.V
program, aired once a week, where people write in about people who are
con artists, & have duped them out of cash in good faith. A good
example would be a builder who promises to build a driveway for you.
You part with half the money up front, then the builder disappears off
the face of the earth, taking your down payment of several thousand
pounds. Watchdog, tries to contact the con artist, then films them
covertly, & exposes them on national television. Actually, this is
what I thought MaryL was referring to when she mentioned the Darwin
awards.

Ultimately, the point is that he is trying to con more money out of
gullible people, in the name of doing both the client & the animal a
favour, which is not the case at all, is it?

It is animal abuse, whether it is the company director, right down to
the canvasser, all of them know that this is not doing the pet any
favours at all, so therefore, I do find him culpable in every aspect.
(The main thing is that we agree in principle, whichis: Does this
amount to Animal abuse?
The answer has to be, Yes.)

Sheelagh>"o"<

bookie
August 4th 07, 11:34 PM
On 4 Aug, 15:58, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> [...]
> You part with half the money up front, then the builder disappears off
> the face of the earth, taking your down payment of several thousand
> pounds. Watchdog, tries to contact the con artist, then films them
> covertly, & exposes them on national television. Actually, this is
> what I thought MaryL was referring to when she mentioned the Darwin
> awards.
>
> Ultimately, the point is that he is trying to con more money out of
> gullible people, in the name of doing both the client & the animal a
> favour, which is not the case at all, is it?
>
> It is animal abuse, whether it is the company director, right down to
> the canvasser, all of them know that this is not doing the pet any
> favours at all, so therefore, I do find him culpable in every aspect.
> (The main thing is that we agree in principle, whichis: Does this

then report him to the RSPCA or whoever he needs to be reported to,
the police if he is not complying with the animal welfare act. in one
of the ventures he was connected he was taking money for a cat which
did nopt even exist so no animal cruelty there as no real animal
involved at all, just some gullible cretin who was easily parted from
their money.

he may not be allowed back in the country anyway for fear of arrest
for somethign or other, hence this maria cervantes person is heading
up the business

either way it is a nasty idea and should be stopped in its tracks