PDA

View Full Version : I can't see a bunch of posts

cybercat
August 5th 07, 01:37 AM
Did a system restore and thought maybe my killfile reverted, but when I
looked in there I see no names that should not be in there.

So ... if I don't respond, I may not be ignoring you.

I just haven't mastered my newsreader yet.

:

Matthew
August 5th 07, 08:23 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Did a system restore and thought maybe my killfile reverted, but when I
> looked in there I see no names that should not be in there.
>
> So ... if I don't respond, I may not be ignoring you.
>
> I just haven't mastered my newsreader yet.

Blonde moment ;-)

Sheelagh >o
August 5th 07, 07:30 PM
On 5 Aug, 01:37, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Did a system restore and thought maybe my killfile reverted, but when I
> looked in there I see no names that should not be in there.
>
> So ... if I don't respond, I may not be ignoring you.
>
> I just haven't mastered my newsreader yet.
>
> :

Can you see me?

Sheelagh>"o"<

Outsider
August 5th 07, 10:18 PM
"Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in
ps.com:

> On 5 Aug, 01:37, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> Did a system restore and thought maybe my killfile reverted, but when I
>> looked in there I see no names that should not be in there.
>>
>> So ... if I don't respond, I may not be ignoring you.
>>
>> I just haven't mastered my newsreader yet.
>>
>> :
>
> Can you see me?
>
> Sheelagh>"o"<

yes

cybercat
August 5th 07, 10:37 PM
"Outsider" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in
> ps.com:
>
>> On 5 Aug, 01:37, "cybercat" > wrote:
>>> Did a system restore and thought maybe my killfile reverted, but when I
>>> looked in there I see no names that should not be in there.
>>>
>>> So ... if I don't respond, I may not be ignoring you.
>>>
>>> I just haven't mastered my newsreader yet.
>>>
>>> :
>>
>> Can you see me?
>>
>> Sheelagh>"o"<
>>

> yes

But I can't!

cybercat
August 5th 07, 10:43 PM
I just checked again, and you are NOT in my killfile but I can't see your
posts.

Grrr!

I'll figure it out, meanwhile, don't think I am ignoring you.

Charlie Wilkes
August 6th 07, 01:08 AM
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 17:43:11 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> I just checked again, and you are NOT in my killfile but I can't see
> your posts.
>
> Grrr!
>
> I'll figure it out, meanwhile, don't think I am ignoring you.

Why are you using OE? OE is a second-rate email client and a third-rate
newsreader.

Charlie

cybercat
August 6th 07, 03:23 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 17:43:11 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>
>> I just checked again, and you are NOT in my killfile but I can't see
>> your posts.
>>
>> Grrr!
>>
>> I'll figure it out, meanwhile, don't think I am ignoring you.
>
> Why are you using OE? OE is a second-rate email client and a third-rate
> newsreader.

Because I ****ing LIKE OE, Wilkes. I like it, therefore I use it.

Candace
August 6th 07, 03:34 AM
On Aug 5, 7:23 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message

> > On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 17:43:11 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>
> >> I just checked again, and you are NOT in my killfile but I can't see
> >> your posts.
>
> >> Grrr!
>
> >> I'll figure it out, meanwhile, don't think I am ignoring you.
>
> > Why are you using OE? OE is a second-rate email client and a third-rate
> > newsreader.
>
> Because I ****ing LIKE OE, Wilkes. I like it, therefore I use it.

I miss you guys ;)

Charlie Wilkes
August 6th 07, 04:14 AM
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 22:23:26 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 17:43:11 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>>
>>> I just checked again, and you are NOT in my killfile but I can't see
>>> your posts.
>>>
>>> Grrr!
>>>
>>> I'll figure it out, meanwhile, don't think I am ignoring you.
>>
>> Why are you using OE? OE is a second-rate email client and a
>> third-rate newsreader.
>>

> Because I ****ing LIKE OE, Wilkes. I like it, therefore I use it.

That's nice, but I don't think OE likes you back. You started this
thread because it is filtering posts you want to read.

Charlie

cybercat
August 6th 07, 05:20 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 22:23:26 -0400, cybercat wrote:

>>> Why are you using OE? OE is a second-rate email client and a
>>> third-rate newsreader.
>>>

>> Because I ****ing LIKE OE, Wilkes. I like it, therefore I use it.
>
> That's nice, but I don't think OE likes you back. You started this
> thread because it is filtering posts you want to read.

Leap to conclusions much? It could be that some posts are not
getting through due to the servers. I use like, six different nntp servers.

cybercat
August 6th 07, 05:20 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Aug 5, 7:23 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

>> > Why are you using OE? OE is a second-rate email client and a
>> > third-rate
>> > newsreader.
>>
>> Because I ****ing LIKE OE, Wilkes. I like it, therefore I use it.
>
> I miss you guys ;)

We miss you too, Sexy Soxy. :)

Charlie Wilkes
August 6th 07, 06:36 AM
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 00:20:22 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message

>>> Because I ****ing LIKE OE, Wilkes. I like it, therefore I use it.
>>
>> That's nice, but I don't think OE likes you back. You started this
>> thread because it is filtering posts you want to read.
>>

> Leap to conclusions much? It could be that some posts are not getting
> through due to the servers. I use like, six different nntp servers.

That level of redundancy is all the more reason to think the problem lies
with your computer.

Charlie