PDA

View Full Version : Tragic Accident

Sheelagh >o
August 5th 07, 05:38 PM
A couple of hours ago, Paul went outside to pick up our daughter from
her Ganny's house after dinner. He got into the car, readied himself
to leave, & drove away. It wasn't until after Paul got off the
driveway that we could see that there was a cat underneath, that he
had run over. We have seen this cat for about 4 months now, because he
comes to the feeding bowl every day. We named him old faithful because
we couldn't find out who he belonged to , & we offered him shelter
during the floods recently too.

Obviously, Paul is beside himself, & nothing we can say makes any
difference to the terrible guilt that he feels any better. There is no
consolation in knowing that he was a very old cat. he was deaf, &
nearly blind too. In fact a few days ago we had discussed what to do
regarding him. We couldn't offer him a full time home, but we were
looking for someone who could have him to see out his final months, or
maybe a year @ the most ( He looked older than Jasper did @ 18 years
old). We frontlined him, &wormed him last week, & took him next door
to my neighbor for advice (she is a vet!), & she advised us to try &
home him if possible, but if he deteriorated, then we should look @
other possibilities. I think she was trying to say that there is no
cure for being old & worn out, & that he couldn't be cured of that,
but he could be spared the mercy of lameness, pain & no quality of
life. Now all of this seems so pointless!

We carried him indoors, cleaned him up, then my boys buried him right
next to Jasper, our old faithful friend. I hope that with time, that
Paul will get over what happened, but right now, nothing can take away
the guilt, horror & pain he is going through. We all said our
farewells to him, & wished him peace on the other side of the Rainbow
Bridge, & instilled the hope that we hoped he would remain a part of
us & our family, as he did in life, all be it a short few weeks.
I hope that time will heal Paul. It must way terribly on his soul, all
we can do is encourage him to believe that ultimately, it was a tragic
accident.
Purrs of healing for Paul
Sheelagh>"o"<

bonbon
August 5th 07, 05:49 PM
Tragic - yes. Accident - yes. Sometimes these things happen, and
it's out of our hands. Purrs to Old Faithful and to Paul.

-bonbon

mariib via CatKB.com
August 5th 07, 05:51 PM
Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>A couple of hours ago, Paul went outside to pick up our daughter from
>her Ganny's house after dinner. He got into the car, readied himself
>to leave, & drove away. It wasn't until after Paul got off the
>driveway that we could see that there was a cat underneath, that he
>had run over. We have seen this cat for about 4 months now, because he
>comes to the feeding bowl every day. We named him old faithful because
>we couldn't find out who he belonged to , & we offered him shelter
>during the floods recently too.
>
>Obviously, Paul is beside himself, & nothing we can say makes any
>difference to the terrible guilt that he feels any better. There is no
>consolation in knowing that he was a very old cat. he was deaf, &
>nearly blind too. In fact a few days ago we had discussed what to do
>regarding him. We couldn't offer him a full time home, but we were
>looking for someone who could have him to see out his final months, or
>maybe a year @ the most ( He looked older than Jasper did @ 18 years
>old).
>We carried him indoors, cleaned him up, then my boys buried him right
>next to Jasper, our old faithful friend. I hope that with time, that
>Paul will get over what happened, but right now, nothing can take away
>the guilt, horror & pain he is going through. We all said our
>farewells to him, & wished him peace on the other side of the Rainbow
>Bridge,
>Purrs of healing for Paul
>Sheelagh>"o"<

Sympathy wishes to both you & your husband, but you both know well it was an
unfortunate accident. You can go over & over in your mind "the should have's
& could have's" but they wouldn't have been practical or possible, & you were
already looking out for him & doing the best you could under the
circumstances.
M.

mlbriggs
August 5th 07, 05:51 PM
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 09:38:27 -0700, Sheelagh >o< wrote:

> A couple of hours ago, Paul went outside to pick up our daughter from
> her Ganny's house after dinner. He got into the car, readied himself to
> leave, & drove away. It wasn't until after Paul got off the driveway that
> we could see that there was a cat underneath, that he had run over. We
> have seen this cat for about 4 months now, because he comes to the feeding
> bowl every day. We named him old faithful because we couldn't find out who
> he belonged to , & we offered him shelter during the floods recently too.
>
> Obviously, Paul is beside himself, & nothing we can say makes any
> difference to the terrible guilt that he feels any better. There is no
> consolation in knowing that he was a very old cat. he was deaf, & nearly
> blind too. In fact a few days ago we had discussed what to do regarding
> him. We couldn't offer him a full time home, but we were looking for
> someone who could have him to see out his final months, or maybe a year @
> the most ( He looked older than Jasper did @ 18 years old). We frontlined
> him, &wormed him last week, & took him next door to my neighbor for advice
> (she is a vet!), & she advised us to try & home him if possible, but if he
> deteriorated, then we should look @ other possibilities. I think she was
> trying to say that there is no cure for being old & worn out, & that he
> couldn't be cured of that, but he could be spared the mercy of lameness,
> pain & no quality of life. Now all of this seems so pointless!
>
> We carried him indoors, cleaned him up, then my boys buried him right next
> to Jasper, our old faithful friend. I hope that with time, that Paul will
> get over what happened, but right now, nothing can take away the guilt,
> horror & pain he is going through. We all said our farewells to him, &
> wished him peace on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, & instilled the
> hope that we hoped he would remain a part of us & our family, as he did in
> life, all be it a short few weeks. I hope that time will heal Paul. It
> must way terribly on his soul, all we can do is encourage him to believe
> that ultimately, it was a tragic accident.
> Purrs of healing for Paul
> Sheelagh>"o"<

Years ago my Aunt died in an auto accident. At the funeral, the speaker
said that she "died magically, not tragically. One minute she was with us
here and the next minute with the Almighty". Purrs that your husband
will look at this accident the same way. Purrs for the kitty at Rainbow
Bridge. MLB

bookie
August 5th 07, 06:53 PM
On 5 Aug, 17:38, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> A couple of hours ago, Paul went outside to pick up our daughter from
> her Ganny's house after dinner. He got into the car, readied himself
> to leave, & drove away. It wasn't until after Paul got off the
> driveway that we could see that there was a cat underneath, that he
> had run over. We have seen this cat for about 4 months now, because he
> comes to the feeding bowl every day. We named him old faithful because
> we couldn't find out who he belonged to , & we offered him shelter
> during the floods recently too.
>
> Obviously, Paul is beside himself, & nothing we can say makes any
> difference to the terrible guilt that he feels any better. There is no
> consolation in knowing that he was a very old cat. he was deaf, &
> nearly blind too. In fact a few days ago we had discussed what to do
> regarding him. We couldn't offer him a full time home, but we were
> looking for someone who could have him to see out his final months, or
> maybe a year @ the most ( He looked older than Jasper did @ 18 years
> old). We frontlined him, &wormed him last week, & took him next door
> to my neighbor for advice (she is a vet!), & she advised us to try &
> home him if possible, but if he deteriorated, then we should look @
> other possibilities. I think she was trying to say that there is no
> cure for being old & worn out, & that he couldn't be cured of that,
> but he could be spared the mercy of lameness, pain & no quality of
> life. Now all of this seems so pointless!
>
> We carried him indoors, cleaned him up, then my boys buried him right
> next to Jasper, our old faithful friend. I hope that with time, that
> Paul will get over what happened, but right now, nothing can take away
> the guilt, horror & pain he is going through. We all said our
> farewells to him, & wished him peace on the other side of the Rainbow
> Bridge, & instilled the hope that we hoped he would remain a part of
> us & our family, as he did in life, all be it a short few weeks.
> I hope that time will heal Paul. It must way terribly on his soul, all
> we can do is encourage him to believe that ultimately, it was a tragic
> accident.
> Purrs of healing for Paul
> Sheelagh>"o"<

this poor cat was probably killed instantly and would not have known
anything about it, in which case paul probably saved him from a long
and drawn death from old age or beign attacked by a fox or something
which may have been worse.
ok that doesn;t make anyone feel any better, but he did not know that
the cat was there, you often assume that when you start the enigine
that it would be enough to spook any cat hiding underneath into moving
pretty quick, but obviously this cat did not have the hearing or
reflexes to do so.

stuff happens and we all to die sometime, and perhaps being killed
instantly by a car would better than a slow death from some painful
disease. hopefully this old cat will be over the rainbow bridge and
happy now, poor sausage

bookie

Sheelagh >o
August 5th 07, 07:19 PM
On 5 Aug, 18:53, bookie > wrote:
> [...]
> > accident.
> > Purrs of healing for Paul
> > Sheelagh>"o"<
>
> this poor cat was probably killed instantly and would not have known
> anything about it, in which case paul probably saved him from a long
> and drawn death from old age or beign attacked by a fox or something
> which may have been worse.
> ok that doesn;t make anyone feel any better, but he did not know that
> the cat was there, you often assume that when you start the enigine
> that it would be enough to spook any cat hiding underneath into moving
> pretty quick, but obviously this cat did not have the hearing or
> reflexes to do so.
>
> stuff happens and we all to die sometime, and perhaps being killed
> instantly by a car would better than a slow death from some painful
> disease. hopefully this old cat will be over the rainbow bridge and

Thank you to all of you who have responded. Your words are comforting,
& appreciated as are the purrs to comfort Old faithful, on his travels
over the Rainbow Bridge. I think shock has simply set in. it's never
easy for any of us to deal with a cats death, but, when it happened by
your own hands, it really does drive deep into the soul. Guilt is
something you ultimately have to learn to live with....

Of course it is all the worse, knowing that we had been trying to keep
him alive, so when this happened, you don't need me to explain what it
did to Paul. He might be a Big Chap, but that doesn't stop a man
weeping. If anything, I admire him all the more, because @ least it is
helping him to accept what happened, which goes a long way to
forgiving yourself in the long run.

My guess is that having done so much to try & help cats escape dangers
like this, it is all the more crushing!

I agree with all of you. I would have hated it had he just disappeared
one day, never to return. At least this way, we can find some closure
to this extremely sad incident. He has the honour of sharing a plot
next to our beloved Jasper, & the kids all helped with the burial, so
that Paul didn't have to. I am so grateful to them! At 17 & 16, both
boys have acted very maturely throughout the entire incident. I am
keeping an eye out for them just in case there is a delayed action...
( they saw it all happen, but couldn't do anything to prevent it!)

I feel comforted to know that he has gone to a better place where he
can be young & chase butterflies all day when he wants to. I have told
Paul that the last moments we so brief that I am not sure he ever
realised what happened, & he certainly would never want Paul to suffer
for what happened. We didn't know him for that long, but he certainly
entered our hearts in a big way. He will never be forgotten
Thanks to all of you,

Sheelagh>"o"<

Outsider
August 5th 07, 10:17 PM
"Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Purrs of healing for Paul
> Sheelagh>"o"<

My thoughts are with Paul. This is a terible thing to go through.

Andy

Charlie Wilkes
August 6th 07, 01:13 AM
Sorry to hear about this Sheelagh... it's a shame, but if he was old and
died quickly, that's the silver lining.

Charlie

bookie
August 6th 07, 02:05 AM
On 6 Aug, 01:13, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> Sorry to hear about this Sheelagh... it's a shame, but if he was old and
> died quickly, that's the silver lining.
>
> Charlie

thats exactly what I think, and as you said sheelagh, he probably
never knew what hit him. I truly hope that when all our cats cross the
rainbow bridge that they go back to being young healthy kitties again
in heaven, fit and free from any pain and able to chase butterflies
around, occasionally bothering to look down on us silly humans and
laugh at what we get up to in their absence.
this old fellow is probably looking down right now and thinking "well
at least they cared for me in my last few weeks on earth and tried to
do something for me and feed me when noone else would" and if he could
be he would be thankful for that.

bookie

Candace
August 6th 07, 02:42 AM
On Aug 5, 6:05 pm, bookie > wrote:
> On 6 Aug, 01:13, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry to hear about this Sheelagh... it's a shame, but if he was old and
> > died quickly, that's the silver lining.
>
> > Charlie
>
> thats exactly what I think, and as you said sheelagh, he probably
> never knew what hit him. I truly hope that when all our cats cross the
> rainbow bridge that they go back to being young healthy kitties again
> in heaven, fit and free from any pain and able to chase butterflies
> around, occasionally bothering to look down on us silly humans and
> laugh at what we get up to in their absence.
> this old fellow is probably looking down right now and thinking "well
> at least they cared for me in my last few weeks on earth and tried to
> do something for me and feed me when noone else would" and if he could
> be he would be thankful for that.
>
> bookie

Yes, and he knew love in his last days. He was at "his" home where he
felt comfortable. I'm very sorry. I know how it is to keep having
strays show up and not being able to bring them all inside. We can
only do what we can do and it sounds like you did quite a lot for
him. Time will heal Paul's wounds; it's sad but life sucks sometimes.

Candace

Rhonda[_3_]
August 6th 07, 06:59 AM
I'm sorry, Sheelagh. I'm sure it's going to take some time for Paul, it
would for any animal-lover.

Just keep being nice to him, I'm sure he needs a lot of TLC right now.

Take care,

Rhonda

JohnR66
August 6th 07, 05:56 PM
Sorry about your loss. It was certainly an accident. The same thing happend
to my cusin's Sheltie. It was an older dog and probably could not move too
fast. One of their kids got in the car to go someplace and backed over the
dog. They were upset over the tragedy, but it too was an accident.
John

Sheelagh >o
August 7th 07, 04:34 PM
On 6 Aug, 06:59, Rhonda > wrote:
> I'm sorry, Sheelagh. I'm sure it's going to take some time for Paul, it
> would for any animal-lover.
>
> Just keep being nice to him, I'm sure he needs a lot of TLC right now.
>
> Take care,
>
> Rhonda

This is true. I took Paul to the garden centre yesterday to choose a
rose to plant next to our feline companions. Old faithful is buried
right next to our long time feline family member, Jasper, who died
last November. He was 18 years old, & it was like loosing a child.
Time does heal. I can remember thinking that there would never be a
day that would pass where I was able to think about him without
crying, but I was wrong. Now, I am able to think of him fondly, & of
all of the good times that we shared together too. Jasper loved to
help me whilst I was gardening.

The same as Old Faithful, we inherited him from our homes previous
owners, who moved out of the house, & left the cat to fend for
himself. Both cats had very similar personality traits, both nervous
around humans to start with, & eventually won over, to become close
personal friends, & both took a piece of our hearts when they left
us..
..
I do like to think that one day, Paul will be able to do the same
thing. In his case, it is because he blames himself for the death of
someone(cat), that he really did love, so it was like killing a
friend, all be it unintentionally. I know that with time, he will come
to see this in the same light, but in the meantime, that tender loving
care is desperately needed & we are doing our best to support him.
Like bookie, I like to think that he has now been released from the
worldly difficulties, like pain, hunger, sorrow ect. He must be
looking down & thinking what a pair of old fools we are, & remembers
us fondly as we do him, whilst enjoying the greater place that the
Rainbow Bridge takes you to.

He is in the wind that stirs your hair, the whisper on the edge of
hearing & the reminder in your mind when decisions need to be made.
Hell, we do miss him, but come next summer when the rose flowers, he
will be part of that fragrance, some of the beauty & the whole of the
Rose's flowers to look @ in their perfect glory.
Thanks for your purrs of comfort & words of wisdom.
Sheelagh

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 7th 07, 09:55 PM
I can only agree with everybody else that it was a tragic accident.
Whether you have a cat for days or years you bond with them and always want
them with you.
My heart goes out to you and Paul....Old Faithful and Jasper will be with my
2 cats that sadly died this year Molly and Donny - they are buried next to
each other. When we are sad or remembering their ways we can sit at there
grave because they will always be with us.
We too are thinking about buying a rose or certainly some nice plant.
Paul in time will be fine, what you have both got to remember is that you
helped Old Faithful and there are a lot of people that wouldn't.
My Great Grandma died at the age of 101 in 1998 and I helped my Mum look
after her when she used to spend Xmas with us. I grew very fond of her so
when she died I was deeply upset (as you would be), but what got me through
it was the fact that I had helped in her last years of life (and what a good
life she had - as they say in cricket GOOD INNINGS).
Purrs go to Old Faithful, Jasper, Molly, Donny and Pudgy (who I read about
yesterday).
from one cat lover to another, take care and keep smiling :-)
Clare x

Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>> I'm sorry, Sheelagh. I'm sure it's going to take some time for Paul, it
>> would for any animal-lover.
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>>
>> Rhonda
>
>This is true. I took Paul to the garden centre yesterday to choose a
>rose to plant next to our feline companions. Old faithful is buried
>right next to our long time feline family member, Jasper, who died
>last November. He was 18 years old, & it was like loosing a child.
>Time does heal. I can remember thinking that there would never be a
>day that would pass where I was able to think about him without
>crying, but I was wrong. Now, I am able to think of him fondly, & of
>all of the good times that we shared together too. Jasper loved to
>help me whilst I was gardening.
>
>The same as Old Faithful, we inherited him from our homes previous
>owners, who moved out of the house, & left the cat to fend for
>himself. Both cats had very similar personality traits, both nervous
>around humans to start with, & eventually won over, to become close
>personal friends, & both took a piece of our hearts when they left
>us..
>.
>I do like to think that one day, Paul will be able to do the same
>thing. In his case, it is because he blames himself for the death of
>someone(cat), that he really did love, so it was like killing a
>friend, all be it unintentionally. I know that with time, he will come
>to see this in the same light, but in the meantime, that tender loving
>care is desperately needed & we are doing our best to support him.
>Like bookie, I like to think that he has now been released from the
>worldly difficulties, like pain, hunger, sorrow ect. He must be
>looking down & thinking what a pair of old fools we are, & remembers
>us fondly as we do him, whilst enjoying the greater place that the
>Rainbow Bridge takes you to.
>
>He is in the wind that stirs your hair, the whisper on the edge of
>hearing & the reminder in your mind when decisions need to be made.
>Hell, we do miss him, but come next summer when the rose flowers, he
>will be part of that fragrance, some of the beauty & the whole of the
>Rose's flowers to look @ in their perfect glory.
>Thanks for your purrs of comfort & words of wisdom.
>Sheelagh

bookie
August 7th 07, 11:21 PM
On 7 Aug, 16:34, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> On 6 Aug, 06:59, Rhonda > wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry, Sheelagh. I'm sure it's going to take some time for Paul, it
> > would for any animal-lover.
>
> > Just keep being nice to him, I'm sure he needs a lot of TLC right now.
>
> > Take care,
>
> > Rhonda
>
> This is true. I took Paul to the garden centre yesterday to choose a
> rose to plant next to our feline companions. Old faithful is buried
> right next to our long time feline family member, Jasper, who died
> last November. He was 18 years old, & it was like loosing a child.
> Time does heal. I can remember thinking that there would never be a
> day that would pass where I was able to think about him without
> crying, but I was wrong. Now, I am able to think of him fondly, & of
> all of the good times that we shared together too. Jasper loved to
> help me whilst I was gardening.
>
> The same as Old Faithful, we inherited him from our homes previous
> owners, who moved out of the house, & left the cat to fend for
> himself. Both cats had very similar personality traits, both nervous
> around humans to start with, & eventually won over, to become close
> personal friends, & both took a piece of our hearts when they left
> us..
> .
> I do like to think that one day, Paul will be able to do the same
> thing. In his case, it is because he blames himself for the death of
> someone(cat), that he really did love, so it was like killing a
> friend, all be it unintentionally. I know that with time, he will come
> to see this in the same light, but in the meantime, that tender loving
> care is desperately needed & we are doing our best to support him.
> Like bookie, I like to think that he has now been released from the
> worldly difficulties, like pain, hunger, sorrow ect. He must be
> looking down & thinking what a pair of old fools we are, & remembers
> us fondly as we do him, whilst enjoying the greater place that the
> Rainbow Bridge takes you to.
>
> He is in the wind that stirs your hair, the whisper on the edge of
> hearing & the reminder in your mind when decisions need to be made.
> Hell, we do miss him, but come next summer when the rose flowers, he
> will be part of that fragrance, some of the beauty & the whole of the
> Rose's flowers to look @ in their perfect glory.
> Thanks for your purrs of comfort & words of wisdom.
> Sheelagh

i am wondering if you will find a rose bush actually called 'old
faithful', there are so many types and names that you just might and
it woudl be very appropriate.

you know when i am trying to persuade people to give a hoem to an
elderly cat they always come out with 'oh but it will be so sad when
they die and i will be so upset' blah blah blah and I just think that
is so far from the truth in what actually happens and how you actually
feel.
I too had a Jasper who had to be PTS in july 2005, bladder tumour to
big to operate on, he was about 18 I think, he was a lovely old soul,
mainly white with black blobs here and there (kind of like a friesian
cow) and although i was sad when he went I knew that at least i had
made his last 18 months of life as happy and pleasant as he could have
hoped for and much better than they might have been living in a rescue
pen or possibly on the streets. For me jasper dying was a release form
pain for him and a reason to celebrate and i felt happy that i had
made him comfortable in his last year or so.
peolpe kept saying inthe couple of days after he died that I should
leave it a while before even thinking abut gettign another, maye a few
months, and i suppose a lot fo them could not understand why i went
straight out to the cats protection main shelter the next weekend and
bagged myself jessie, or rather she bagged me.

the way i saw it i could not wiat to get another cat, an old one, as
all i could think was that there must be lots of other 'jaspers' out
there who badly need a home for their twilight years, or even months
in some cases, and that their need for a comfortable place to rest
their weary heads after a lifetime of providing companionship to
someone else was far more important than anything else. I know it is
the older cats who are always looked over at shelters and they are the
ones who badly need homes and this need is much greater than my need
to 'get over' jasper. Actually getting jessie and running around after
her ladyship really helped me get over jasper and i could just imagine
him looking down at us and smiling trying to make our new mistress
comfortable, probably thinking "yes, that jessie has them wrapped
round her little paw just like i did, excellent work".

maybe knowing that jasper was old and stuff already prepared me for
his passing and just made me think that I would not mourn his death
but celebrate the fact he had a decent place to live for his last
year and a half and that he did not die alone in a gutter or in a cat
pen but whilst being held by me at the vets as he was put out of his
pain.

and yes i am aware that i will cry my eyes out when jessie goes but I
am also aware that there will many old cats out there who will be
needing the love that i will have going spare when that awful day
comes.

bookie

Sheelagh >o
August 8th 07, 12:09 AM
On 7 Aug, 23:21, bookie > wrote:
> [...]
> her ladyship really helped me get over jasper and i could just imagine
> him looking down at us and smiling trying to make our new mistress
> comfortable, probably thinking "yes, that jessie has them wrapped
> round her little paw just like i did, excellent work".
>
> maybe knowing that jasper was old and stuff already prepared me for
> his passing and just made me think that I would not mourn his death
> but celebrate the fact he had a decent place to live for his last
> year and a half and that he did not die alone in a gutter or in a cat
> pen but whilst being held by me at the vets as he was put out of his
> pain.
>
> and yes i am aware that i will cry my eyes out when jessie goes but I
> am also aware that there will many old cats out there who will be
> needing the love that i will have going spare when that awful day

Shelters beg for people like you.....
There are so many older pensioner cats, that inevitably when it comes
to the pecking order of choosing a family cat, they always seem to be
overlooked. It is a terrible shame, but true all the same.

In both cases, we didn't actually choose either Jasper, or Old
Faithful. They chose us. Ultimately, I suppose it doesn't really
matter how it came about. I am just pleased & privileged to have been
there for both of them @ the right time, in the right place.

And, if the same scenario presented itself tomorrow, I wouldn't think
twice about finding room for him/ her @ our inn, because they are the
most vulnerable & most needy of the home we can provide for them.
Kittens used to be my life, as you know- But there is a certain
pleasure in having an old lady, or chap- They offer a type of love
that can only come from the more mature puss cat. I don't regret
having either of them for one moment & would do the same again if
another chose us to love them. We aren't ready for another one yet,
but having said that, shortly after Jasper died, Ringo "knocked" on
our door, & literally walked into our lives. Sometimes you don't
always necessarily choose the cat or when you want one either. They
choose the time and the place themselves :o)

There probably is a Rose by that name Bookie, but Paul chose one
called Red Velvet. It's a free flowering bush that blooms all summer
& is supposed to have a wonderful fragrance. He chose that one for
both of those reasons, but mainly because he thought it reflected what
he thought they deserved. The plushest, best & most luxuriant too....

saxrocco via CatKB.com:
Purrs go to Old Faithful, Jasper, Molly, Donny and Pudgy (who I read
about
yesterday).
from one cat lover to another, take care and keep smiling :-)
Clare x

Thank you Clair, We appreciate your sentiment, & understand your loss
as well. It will take time, but one day, like us, you will feel able
to share all of that pent up love on a cat who not only chooses you
( They just like to allow you to "think you chose them", Lol;o).No cat
will ever take the place of your kitty's. that love is concluded &
both cats took a piece of your soul with them, in the same way that
you retained a part of them, in the corner of your heart. Does this
make sense to you? The next puss who chooses you, will generate their
own love as you will too.

Greetings & Regards from Catz-Castle,
Sheelagh >"o"<

Matthew
August 8th 07, 12:20 AM
I am sorry you all have to go thru that. I know how you feel.

Years ago, When I lived in Kentucky you always bang on the hood of your
vehicle to scare any animals out from under it during the winter time. When
you start the car you don't turn it on right away you bump it and rest for a
moment giving them enough time to get out if they are in there. I always
lifted the hood to check also. It was a heavy snow night and I missed one
of the barn cats; who was stubborn the cat would get right in the way of the
farm equipment and not move till you threw water on it. Well it got up
under there and well you can figure out the rest. I cried my eyes out for
two days over that. Till this day I lift the hood and take a can of marbles
and shake it under there when we get our cold spells here in Florida.

"Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> A couple of hours ago, Paul went outside to pick up our daughter from
> her Ganny's house after dinner. He got into the car, readied himself
> to leave, & drove away. It wasn't until after Paul got off the
> driveway that we could see that there was a cat underneath, that he
> had run over. We have seen this cat for about 4 months now, because he
> comes to the feeding bowl every day. We named him old faithful because
> we couldn't find out who he belonged to , & we offered him shelter
> during the floods recently too.
>
> Obviously, Paul is beside himself, & nothing we can say makes any
> difference to the terrible guilt that he feels any better. There is no
> consolation in knowing that he was a very old cat. he was deaf, &
> nearly blind too. In fact a few days ago we had discussed what to do
> regarding him. We couldn't offer him a full time home, but we were
> looking for someone who could have him to see out his final months, or
> maybe a year @ the most ( He looked older than Jasper did @ 18 years
> old). We frontlined him, &wormed him last week, & took him next door
> to my neighbor for advice (she is a vet!), & she advised us to try &
> home him if possible, but if he deteriorated, then we should look @
> other possibilities. I think she was trying to say that there is no
> cure for being old & worn out, & that he couldn't be cured of that,
> but he could be spared the mercy of lameness, pain & no quality of
> life. Now all of this seems so pointless!
>
> We carried him indoors, cleaned him up, then my boys buried him right
> next to Jasper, our old faithful friend. I hope that with time, that
> Paul will get over what happened, but right now, nothing can take away
> the guilt, horror & pain he is going through. We all said our
> farewells to him, & wished him peace on the other side of the Rainbow
> Bridge, & instilled the hope that we hoped he would remain a part of
> us & our family, as he did in life, all be it a short few weeks.
> I hope that time will heal Paul. It must way terribly on his soul, all
> we can do is encourage him to believe that ultimately, it was a tragic
> accident.
> Purrs of healing for Paul
> Sheelagh>"o"<

bookie
August 8th 07, 01:54 AM

> Shelters beg for people like you.....
> There are so many older pensioner cats, that inevitably when it comes
> to the pecking order of choosing a family cat, they always seem to be
> overlooked. It is a terrible shame, but true all the same.

actually going to meet another old timer at the one of the cats
protection fosterers homes tonight, he is about 16 years old, his mum
died and he was rehomed, then they didn't want him anymore for some
strange reason (some people are very odd) so he was returned after
being made to live outside for a few months by these people (some
people are just plain cruel).
it is really just a formality, we are supposed to be going along to
'see what we think of him' when really it is what he thinks of us
which counts, either way i suspect we will be coming home with one
more person in the car than went we went there. Don't know why we have
to go and see what we think of him/whether we like him, surely that is
irrelevant? of course i will like him; he is an old cat, he is rather
fat apparantly, no doubt spends most of the day sleeping, probably
fairly cantankerous too with lots of special needs and foibles, but he
needs a home asap, kind of a no-brainer really.

he was described as 'just a big teddy bear' so i can't wait to meet
him

god knows what jessie is going to think....

cybercat
August 8th 07, 04:07 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> i can't wait to meet
> him
>
> god knows what jessie is going to think....

PICS!

Sheelagh >o
August 8th 07, 12:30 PM
On 8 Aug, 04:07, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
> > i can't wait to meet
> > him
>
> > god knows what jessie is going to think....
>
> PICS!

LOTS & Lots &Lots of Pic's Please, lol!!!

And lots of details too please. After he gets home & Jessie & Terrie
will have lots to time do some bottom sniffing & hissing, before head
butts can commence of course...

Can't wait to meet/see your new house mate, He sounds absolutely
delightful.
In fact he sounds just like a fat fellow who lives next door. He sits
on their shed roof all day, blowing raspberry's @ our lot, then
grinning his head off @ them...
Of course, Ringo just wafts his tail around & ignores him, but Lucy
(fur!) gets baited everytime :o) (10 guesses who Lucy(fur!) takes
after?

They do say that cats mirror their slave's personalities. I'm begining
to think that this might actually be true, Lol's!!
Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh >o
August 8th 07, 12:46 PM
On 8 Aug, 00:20, "Matthew" > wrote:
> [...]
> > other possibilities. I think she was trying to say that there is no
> > cure for being old & worn out, & that he couldn't be cured of that,
> > but he could be spared the mercy of lameness, pain & no quality of
> > life. Now all of this seems so pointless!
>
> > We carried him indoors, cleaned him up, then my boys buried him right
> > next to Jasper, our old faithful friend. I hope that with time, that
> > Paul will get over what happened, but right now, nothing can take away
> > the guilt, horror & pain he is going through. We all said our
> > farewells to him, & wished him peace on the other side of the Rainbow
> > Bridge, & instilled the hope that we hoped he would remain a part of
> > us & our family, as he did in life, all be it a short few weeks.
> > I hope that time will heal Paul. It must way terribly on his soul, all
> > we can do is encourage him to believe that ultimately, it was a tragic

Oh Dear Matthew. I feel for your loss too. It's a horrible experience,
isn't it? I think the worst thing is the guilt of knowing that if you
had just slowed down for five minutes, then none of this would have
happened at all, isn't it? Still, what is done, is done, & Paul will
forgive himself in time (the shame is that he is the only one blames
himself.) The rest of us "know" it was utterly intentional. If time
heals him in the same way it has me, then he will get over it, @ least
so that he is able to think of Old Faithful in pleasant ways, & in
better times too.
It doesn't really matter if you had the cat 10 minutes, or 15 years-
You still feel the same guilt I think.....
Thank you Mat,
Sheelagh>"o"<

bookie
August 8th 07, 01:30 PM
On 8 Aug, 12:30, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> On 8 Aug, 04:07, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
> > > i can't wait to meet
> > > him
>
> > > god knows what jessie is going to think....
>
> > PICS!
>
> LOTS & Lots &Lots of Pic's Please, lol!!!
>
> And lots of details too please. After he gets home & Jessie & Terrie
> will have lots to time do some bottom sniffing & hissing, before head
> butts can commence of course...
>
> Can't wait to meet/see your new house mate, He sounds absolutely
> delightful.
> In fact he sounds just like a fat fellow who lives next door. He sits
> on their shed roof all day, blowing raspberry's @ our lot, then
> grinning his head off @ them...
> Of course, Ringo just wafts his tail around & ignores him, but Lucy
> (fur!) gets baited everytime :o) (10 guesses who Lucy(fur!) takes
> after?
>
> They do say that cats mirror their slave's personalities. I'm begining
> to think that this might actually be true, Lol's!!
> Sheelagh >"o"<

the only pics available are on www.buckscats.org.uk
go to the 'adopt' page and scroll down until you get to Mr McGregor,
odd name for a cat but it seems to suit him

Sheelagh >o
August 8th 07, 03:18 PM
On 8 Aug, 13:30, bookie > wrote:
> On 8 Aug, 12:30, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
>

> > On 8 Aug, 04:07, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > > "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> > ps.com...

> > > PICS!
>
> > LOTS & Lots &Lots of Pic's Please, lol!!!
>
> > And lots of details too please. After he gets home & Jessie & Terrie
> > will have lots to time do some bottom sniffing & hissing, before head
> > butts can commence of course...
>
> > Can't wait to meet/see your new house mate, He sounds absolutely
> > delightful.
> > In fact he sounds just like a fat fellow who lives next door. He sits
> > on their shed roof all day, blowing raspberry's @ our lot, then
> > grinning his head off @ them...
> > Of course, Ringo just wafts his tail around & ignores him, but Lucy
> > (fur!) gets baited everytime :o) (10 guesses who Lucy(fur!) takes
> > after?
>
> > They do say that cats mirror their slave's personalities. I'm begining
> > to think that this might actually be true, Lol's!!
> > Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> the only pics available are onwww.buckscats.org.uk
> go to the 'adopt' page and scroll down until you get to Mr McGregor,
> odd name for a cat but it seems to suit him- Hide quoted text -

Oh Yes, I can see life is going to be a right bundle of laughs for you
all.
He is a very mature sage looking chap, & I am certain by his age that
he will be wise in the ladies department already. I think you are in
for a wonderful time with him guarding you all (or should I say you
guarding them all..? I'm not quite sure yet :o)
I wish you all the best with him, & hope that you young fillies like
him as much as I think you obviously have. I think life at your house
is about to get interesting, Lol!!

Poor old Sophie. she is the sort of cat that we get in. Sometimes it
can take months for them to realise that you are not going to kick
them out of the way when you even pass them. People can be so cruel. I
had to say good bye to the chuckle siblings this morning. They went to
their new home & hopefully this time, they ill stay with their new
slave's for life. We vetted them well, & I think they will be fine
there. I have to be honest, I am going to miss them though;o(

We have also taken delivery of a pair of snow shoes too. It started
with one cat, then ended up being 2. The first one was handed to us to
care for because her mummy had a severe stroke- Apparently they are
sister's, & the daughter tried keeping this lady's favourite kitten,
but simply couldn't cope. I will show you a pic of them. We only have
them for a week or 10 days. I have never met a real snow shoe before,
& must say that I am quite taken with them. However, they have a good
home to go to ,so I can't be tempted to keep them...

Here are a few photos of the Chuckle sibblings & a couple of the snow
shoes too.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/TheSnowShoeSisters

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ToKeepOrToHome

Best of Luck Bookie
Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 8th 07, 07:16 PM
Those cats are gorgeous Sheelagh....I wish I could go out and get another now
but we go away at the end of the month and then in October so I don't want to
re-house another until after that.
I am feeling a bit guilty because if I was to get another it would be a
kitten...but you are right so many older cats get left and they deserve a
good home too.
I am just so used to bringing kittens up, we told our 6 year old that he
could choose the next kitten. I think it is a case of going to a shelter and
rightfully so see which one picks you.
'Rover' our last remaining cat has been sticking with us more than he did, I
guess that is only natural after his brother/best mate is not with him
anymore?
I have really enjoyed taking the time out to come on this website and will
carry on.

Thanks to you all
Clare x

Sheelagh >o< wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 31 lines]

>Oh Yes, I can see life is going to be a right bundle of laughs for you
>all.
>He is a very mature sage looking chap, & I am certain by his age that
>he will be wise in the ladies department already. I think you are in
>for a wonderful time with him guarding you all (or should I say you
>guarding them all..? I'm not quite sure yet :o)
>I wish you all the best with him, & hope that you young fillies like
>him as much as I think you obviously have. I think life at your house
>is about to get interesting, Lol!!
>
>Poor old Sophie. she is the sort of cat that we get in. Sometimes it
>can take months for them to realise that you are not going to kick
>them out of the way when you even pass them. People can be so cruel. I
>had to say good bye to the chuckle siblings this morning. They went to
>their new home & hopefully this time, they ill stay with their new
>slave's for life. We vetted them well, & I think they will be fine
>there. I have to be honest, I am going to miss them though;o(
>
>We have also taken delivery of a pair of snow shoes too. It started
>with one cat, then ended up being 2. The first one was handed to us to
>care for because her mummy had a severe stroke- Apparently they are
>sister's, & the daughter tried keeping this lady's favourite kitten,
>but simply couldn't cope. I will show you a pic of them. We only have
>them for a week or 10 days. I have never met a real snow shoe before,
>& must say that I am quite taken with them. However, they have a good
>home to go to ,so I can't be tempted to keep them...
>
>Here are a few photos of the Chuckle sibblings & a couple of the snow
>shoes too.
>
>http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/TheSnowShoeSisters
>
>http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ToKeepOrToHome
>
>Best of Luck Bookie
>Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh >o
August 9th 07, 12:03 AM
On 8 Aug, 19:16, "saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Those cats are gorgeous Sheelagh....I wish I could go out and get another now
> but we go away at the end of the month and then in October so I don't want to
> re-house another until after that.
> I am feeling a bit guilty because if I was to get another it would be a
> kitten...but you are right so many older cats get left and they deserve a
> good home too.
> I am just so used to bringing kittens up, we told our 6 year old that he
> could choose the next kitten. I think it is a case of going to a shelter and
> rightfully so see which one picks you.
> 'Rover' our last remaining cat has been sticking with us more than he did, I
> guess that is only natural after his brother/best mate is not with him
> anymore?
> I have really enjoyed taking the time out to come on this website and will
> carry on.
>
> Thanks to you all
> Clare x

> >[quoted text clipped - 31 lines]

> >Oh Yes, I can see life is going to be a right bundle of laughs for you
> >all.
> >He is a very mature sage looking chap, & I am certain by his age that
> >he will be wise in the ladies department already. I think you are in
> >for a wonderful time with him guarding you all (or should I say you
> >guarding them all..? I'm not quite sure yet :o)
> >I wish you all the best with him, & hope that you young fillies like
> >him as much as I think you obviously have. I think life at your house
> >is about to get interesting, Lol!!
>
> >Poor old Sophie. she is the sort of cat that we get in. Sometimes it
> >can take months for them to realise that you are not going to kick
> >them out of the way when you even pass them. People can be so cruel. I
> >had to say good bye to the chuckle siblings this morning. They went to
> >their new home & hopefully this time, they ill stay with their new
> >slave's for life. We vetted them well, & I think they will be fine
> >there. I have to be honest, I am going to miss them though;o(
>
> >We have also taken delivery of a pair of snow shoes too. It started
> >with one cat, then ended up being 2. The first one was handed to us to
> >care for because her mummy had a severe stroke- Apparently they are
> >sister's, & the daughter tried keeping this lady's favourite kitten,
> >but simply couldn't cope. I will show you a pic of them. We only have
> >them for a week or 10 days. I have never met a real snow shoe before,
> >& must say that I am quite taken with them. However, they have a good
> >home to go to ,so I can't be tempted to keep them...
>
> >Here are a few photos of the Chuckle sibblings & a couple of the snow
> >shoes too.
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/TheSnowShoeSisters
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ToKeepOrToHome
>
> >Best of Luck Bookie
> >Sheelagh >"o"<

You are most welcome. I'm glad you got a smile out of them, I do
too...
I used to breed cats, until I cam here....

It did the same thing to me, as will happen to you too ( I hope.) I
didn't see anything wrong with breeding, but as time passed, I began
to see that I was part of the problem with the overproduction of
kittens. I was taking away the chance of other cats getting a fair
home & I felt dreadful about it- In the end, my conscience decided for
me...

I had a final litter of Birmans, & ended up missing out on their
rearing, because we had a Cat-flu bug running raging rampant straight
through our cats, & every kitten we had @ that time, died. It was the
worst thing possible to watch, doubly so knowing that the parents were
inoculated. I had to allow my last litter to go to a milk mother to
feed them. She was a lovely girl, Tabby, with 2 kittens of her own yet
she still took our kittens on. Tahnee....

Wendy & a couple of others here, suggested that if I missed out on the
kitten bit, to volunteer to take in unwanted litters, & kittens in
desperate need of shelter. I do a bit of work for the cat protection
League, & Ragdoll Rescue, UK & lots of local turn- upppers too. I get
all sorts that come to stay with us, & I love every moment of it. It's
always hard to say Bye, but when you know that the home they are going
to are good homes, it makes it all worth while :o)

You shouldn't feel guilty about getting another cat. Everyone has
different ways of coping. If you had already planned on getting one,
then go ahead. It's your life, your love, & your decision. You know
that this kitty will never take the place of your beloved cats, so go
for it. Not everyone is suited to having older cats, & the kittens are
just as needy. I'm "Assuming" that you live in the USA? Because I am
in the UK, I might not be the best person to advise you here. However,
if you ping someone like Phil, Cybercat, Rhonda, Cheryl, C.Nipped(who
recently adopted!!) or -L, I feel sure that they might be in a better
position to help you out here.

By the sound of things, cats & kittens in no kill shelters are just as
needy of homes as the kill policy shelters. What a dreadful choice to
have to make? I feel for all of you there. I guess, I might be inclind
to go to both & take one from each; one from the kill shelter, &
another from a no kill..But then again, I am a sucker for cats & can't
help myself :o)

Wait until after your holiday, which is a very wise decision... & take
the time in between to talk to one another & decide what you feel is
best for your circumstances, & that you feel that you can cope with.
Not everyone is suited to having older cats. Bookie doesn't have any
kids @ home, so there is no worry of the cat taking a disliking to a
very boisterous young lad, so an ideal contender to have an older cat,
to join her maturer lady friends, Terri & Jessie, both torties & very
delightful with it.

Welcome to the cat slave society Clare, & I look forward to loads more
instalments of the life and times of ***** & ******, when they come
home. It's always good to make more cat slave friends.

Sheelagh >"o"<

bookie
August 9th 07, 12:21 AM
On 8 Aug, 15:18, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> [...]
> had to say good bye to the chuckle siblings this morning. They went to
> their new home & hopefully this time, they ill stay with their new
> slave's for life. We vetted them well, & I think they will be fine
> there. I have to be honest, I am going to miss them though;o(
>
> We have also taken delivery of a pair of snow shoes too. It started
> with one cat, then ended up being 2. The first one was handed to us to
> care for because her mummy had a severe stroke- Apparently they are
> sister's, & the daughter tried keeping this lady's favourite kitten,
> but simply couldn't cope. I will show you a pic of them. We only have
> them for a week or 10 days. I have never met a real snow shoe before,
> & must say that I am quite taken with them. However, they have a good
> home to go to ,so I can't be tempted to keep them...
>
> Here are a few photos of the Chuckle sibblings & a couple of the snow

yes the story of sophie the abandoned birman breeding queen is very
sad but hopefully they will find her a lovely home, she is very soft
and pretty isn;t she?

went to meet mr mcgregor tonight, couldn't believe the size of him, he
is very affectionate, needs a good comb, some exercise too, but mostly
all he is after is some love. hopefully pick him up this weekend when
i have got another litter tray and a bed and stuff, probably have to
get a dog one thinking about his massive girth.

when we left he was sat in his little pen in the fosterers garden
looking very sad but he won't be sad for too long

bookie
August 9th 07, 12:32 AM
On 9 Aug, 00:03, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> [...]
> another from a no kill..But then again, I am a sucker for cats & can't
> help myself :o)
>
> Wait until after your holiday, which is a very wise decision... & take
> the time in between to talk to one another & decide what you feel is
> best for your circumstances, & that you feel that you can cope with.
> Not everyone is suited to having older cats. Bookie doesn't have any
> kids @ home, so there is no worry of the cat taking a disliking to a
> very boisterous young lad, so an ideal contender to have an older cat,
> to join her maturer lady friends, Terri & Jessie, both torties & very
> delightful with it.
>
> Welcome to the cat slave society Clare, & I look forward to loads more
> instalments of the life and times of ***** & ******, when they come
> home. It's always good to make more cat slave friends.

yes basically my house is just a retirement home for old cats, where
they go to snooze away their twilight years. It is sad but i am a
sucker for a mangy flea bitten old senior citizen.

could you get 2 kittens perhaps, then they could play with each other
and not harass the older cat who is proabbly missing his lost
companion and may not appreciate havign some rambunctious kitten
trying to pounce on him all the time. At least with 2 together they
would keep each other entertained.
that way you also home more cats, as long as you get them from a
rescue centre or shelter of course, and get them neutered of course.

bookie

Sheelagh >o
August 9th 07, 12:47 AM
On 9 Aug, 00:21, bookie > wrote:
> On 8 Aug, 15:18, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:

> > > the only pics available are onwww.buckscats.org.uk
> > > go to the 'adopt' page and scroll down until you get to Mr McGregor,
> > > odd name for a cat but it seems to suit him- Hide quoted text -

> > Oh Yes, I can see life is going to be a right bundle of laughs for you
> > all.
> > He is a very mature sage looking chap, & I am certain by his age that
> > he will be wise in the ladies department already. I think you are in
> > for a wonderful time with him guarding you all (or should I say you
> > guarding them all..? I'm not quite sure yet :o)
> > I wish you all the best with him, & hope that you young fillies like
> > him as much as I think you obviously have. I think life at your house
> > is about to get interesting, Lol!!
>
> > Poor old Sophie. she is the sort of cat that we get in. Sometimes it
> > can take months for them to realise that you are not going to kick
> > them out of the way when you even pass them. People can be so cruel. I
> > had to say good bye to the chuckle siblings this morning. They went to
> > their new home & hopefully this time, they ill stay with their new
> > slave's for life. We vetted them well, & I think they will be fine
> > there. I have to be honest, I am going to miss them though;o(
>
> > We have also taken delivery of a pair of snow shoes too. It started
> > with one cat, then ended up being 2. The first one was handed to us to
> > care for because her mummy had a severe stroke- Apparently they are
> > sister's, & the daughter tried keeping this lady's favourite kitten,
> > but simply couldn't cope. I will show you a pic of them. We only have
> > them for a week or 10 days. I have never met a real snow shoe before,
> > & must say that I am quite taken with them. However, they have a good
> > home to go to ,so I can't be tempted to keep them...
>
> > Here are a few photos of the Chuckle siblings & a couple of the snow
> > shoes too.
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/TheSnowShoeSisters
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ToKeepOrToHome
>
> > Best of Luck Bookie
> > Sheelagh >"o"<- Hide quoted text -

> yes the story of sophie the abandoned birman breeding queen is very
> sad but hopefully they will find her a lovely home, she is very soft
> and pretty isn;t she?
>
> went to meet mr mcgregor tonight, couldn't believe the size of him, he
> is very affectionate, needs a good comb, some exercise too, but mostly
> all he is after is some love. hopefully pick him up this weekend when
> i have got another litter tray and a bed and stuff, probably have to
> get a dog one thinking about his massive girth.
>
> when we left he was sat in his little pen in the fosterers garden
> looking very sad but he won't be sad for too long- Hide quoted text -

EXCELLENT!

OT:
.................................................. .............
I have been waiting for this news since I got home from Addenbrookes
Hospital.
Paul's son is over there in renal failure! Her has been on the
kidney transplant list for a couple of years now- went on holiday to
Philippines with his dialysis nurse, after 4 days, had to fly home
because he was so ill. 3 weeks later, he is still there & very
jaundiced too. Hair fell out, & started responding to treatment this
week- Hence a very hard time for Paul+ Old Faithful
I simply can't wait to see him ensconced on his new fat fluffy bum on
his extra room sized bouncy tempura mattress bed, of course! I'm
delighted it all went well & that he will be joining you shortly( that
is the stuff NASA Use, isn't it?)

We were hoping that you were picking him up this evening. I didn't
realise that this was the initial visit, I thought you had already had
a peek a boo @ him already. Never mind, only another few days. Can't
wait to see him @ home, & I'm certain you have that glove mitten
warming as we correspond, don't you? Ready & Waiting for a good stroke
& to remove all loose hair ( you can find one in a shop anywhere
around the country)- Really handy old things & delightful for pussy
too. I'm certain that McGregor would be in ecstasy if you could find
one for him. 2 jobs in one- stroke the cat & remove the old fur he is
shedding whilst your @ it....

Sheelagh>"o"<

bookie
August 9th 07, 12:55 PM
On 9 Aug, 00:47, "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote:
> [...]
> I simply can't wait to see him ensconced on his new fat fluffy bum on
> his extra room sized bouncy tempura mattress bed, of course! I'm
> delighted it all went well & that he will be joining you shortly( that
> is the stuff NASA Use, isn't it?)
>
> We were hoping that you were picking him up this evening. I didn't
> realise that this was the initial visit, I thought you had already had
> a peek a boo @ him already. Never mind, only another few days. Can't
> wait to see him @ home, & I'm certain you have that glove mitten
> warming as we correspond, don't you? Ready & Waiting for a good stroke
> & to remove all loose hair ( you can find one in a shop anywhere
> around the country)- Really handy old things & delightful for pussy
> too. I'm certain that McGregor would be in ecstasy if you could find
> one for him. 2 jobs in one- stroke the cat & remove the old fur he is

yes I have already got a 'loveglove', i used it on jasper and he loved
it, picked up so much loose hair. this one needs a good comb first
though, lots of little mats in there.
might have to wait until monday to pick him up as ma very busy and
away over the weekend and I want to be around to make sure his first
days go ok and jessie does not beat him completely.

addenbrookes hospital, scary place, i used to work there sometimes in
the psych dept, easy to get lost in that place just trying to find the
toilet. still he is in the right hands
bookie

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 07:41 PM
Hi Sheelagh
Thanks for the reply - yes your pics made me smile and realise that I gave
Donny the best life and now it is time to help another furry friend.
I am not from the USA by the way I live in the UK (Yorkshire).
Check the link out that I put on my thread 'sudden cat death' the cats on
there are all worthy of homes!
Right I am determined to get a picture of Donny on here.......

Bye 4 now
Clare