PDA

View Full Version : Sudden cat death

saxrocco
August 6th 07, 03:24 PM
Hi
I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
I have had cats all my life and I will always have them, but what I am about
to write has really shocked us.

On Saturday we took our long haired tom cat called 'Donny' to be groomed as
he was full of lugs and we thought he would feel better. We went back for
him a few hours later but he wasn't finished, we hung around and heard him
meow a couple of times.
One of the ladies came out to us and said that he had been stressing. My
husband went in as I waited outside with our 6 year old son.
Minutes later I was asked to go in the room to where my husband had Donny in
his arms. He was floppy and his eyes were staring.
The lady who groomed him had said up until that point he had been the best
cat they had had as normally they are scratching and etching to get away.
I was speaking to him like normal to then realise he was not moving so we
placed him on the table to where the lady gave him heart massage and mouth to
mouth.
Nothing could be done, he was only 5 so we were all shocked and deeply upset.
He didn't seem ill although he was sleeping on our bedroom floor a lot next
to our bed and he used to stick his tongue out a lot which we found cute and
funny.
Unsure if he may be had a heart attack? One eye was staring and the other
was rolled.
His teeth have always not been white but in the past the vet wasn't concerned,
she advised that we used some special cat toothpaste to which we did a couple
of times. May be it was an infection?
I am just wanting to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar?
We brought him home and buried him, we did not want to get him checked out
with the vet as it would have been more traumatic.
We hold no remorse to the lady that groomed him she tried her best to revive
him and was deeply sorry - she had never had a cat die on her so it was not
only traumatic for us but for her and her staff as well.

I have just put the phone down from my husband who had de-registered Donny
from the vets and they think he might have had a weak heart...

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

Richard Evans
August 6th 07, 05:17 PM
"saxrocco" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Any comments would be appreciated.

Just sympathy. We had a sweet little orange tabby named Punkin who
died suddenly. I had taken her to the vet for routine shots. She was
in her carrier waiting, let out a squawk, and dropped dead. She was
only 5-6 years old and had never shown a trace of illness. The vet
opined that it was a congenital heart defect, but without doing a very
expensive necropsy there was no way to tell for sure.

JohnR66
August 6th 07, 05:49 PM
"saxrocco" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi
> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
> I have had cats all my life and I will always have them, but what I am
> about
> to write has really shocked us.

Very sorry about you loss. Loss of a loved pet can be very painfull.

My cat hates to go to the vet, or some pet place. It can be stressfull for
them and can cause an unknown condition to surface. Certainly no one on the
Web can tell you just what had happened.
John

saxrocco
August 6th 07, 08:07 PM
Thank you both for your kind words.
We miss him so much - I have printed a really nice photo of him so we can
frame it.
We have a grey short haired tom cat called Rover - he misses him too.
Yes the loss of a loved pet is devastating.
We have 3 goldfish too and they have lasted longer than we thought - we
bought a proper tank with a pump and they love it!
Cats have character, so do the fish.
I will try and get a picture on here of Donny and you will see just how cute
he was.

Saxrocco

JohnR66 wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
>> I have had cats all my life and I will always have them, but what I am
>> about
>> to write has really shocked us.
>
>Very sorry about you loss. Loss of a loved pet can be very painfull.
>
>My cat hates to go to the vet, or some pet place. It can be stressfull for
>them and can cause an unknown condition to surface. Certainly no one on the
>Web can tell you just what had happened.
>John

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 6th 07, 08:55 PM
I have got a picture of Donny as my avatar and I have added some pics in my
gallery.
Sorry Richard I meant to comment on your loss, that is terrible when your pet
dies suddenly. We are thinking Donny might have had a heart defect.

Richard Evans wrote:
>>Any comments would be appreciated.
>
>Just sympathy. We had a sweet little orange tabby named Punkin who
>died suddenly. I had taken her to the vet for routine shots. She was
>in her carrier waiting, let out a squawk, and dropped dead. She was
>only 5-6 years old and had never shown a trace of illness. The vet
>opined that it was a congenital heart defect, but without doing a very
>expensive necropsy there was no way to tell for sure.

Rene S.
August 6th 07, 09:34 PM
So sorry for your loss. I commend your groomer for trying to revive
him. Without doing an autopsy, it's hard to say what happened to him.
Could have been a heart problem or thrombosis (blood clot). Purrs to
Rover.

Meghan Noecker
August 6th 07, 11:21 PM
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:24:40 GMT, "saxrocco" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Saturday we took our long haired tom cat called 'Donny' to be groomed as
>he was full of lugs and we thought he would feel better. We went back for
>him a few hours later but he wasn't finished, we hung around and heard him
>meow a couple of times.

It sounds like a possible heart condition that was made worse by
stress.

It is becoming more common in Maine Coons and Ragdolls. Does he have
any of those breeds in him?

I have a dog who has a healthy heart, but it is too large for her
body. She is a small sheltie, and the vet told me it is common when
breeders try to make the dogs smaller. The outsides get smaller, but
the organs don't always get smaller. So, there ends up being less
space inside. In Jenny;s case, the x-ray clearly showed that her heart
was pushing on her windpipe, so anytime her heart races (excitement,
exercise), she starts to cough and gag because her heart is cutting
off her air.

Since you mentioned him sitting on the floor with his tounge out
sometimes, I suspect that he had something going on with his heart,
and the grooming session was probably too much excitement for him.
Unfortunately, it is not something you can really predict.

I'm so sorry to hear about loss, and sudden losses can be so horrible.
I had one last year. Kira was sick of one thing, but died of renal
failure, only 3 days after having bloodwork that pointed to anemia,
and had no sign of kidney problems. It was only later that the food
recall came out, and it began to make sense.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 7th 07, 08:51 PM
Unsure what breed Donny was, but as I have said there are pictures in my
gallery and I use his picture as my avatar.
I thank you all very much and this site has helped ease the pain.
Rover our remaining cat however is clinging to us more than what he used to -
I guess this is normal?
I am sure that in the future I will bring more cats in to our lives as I
can't bare never to have any...
I sent a photo of him to the groomer today to thank them for all that they
did.

Keep in touch!
Clare x

Meghan Noecker wrote:
>>On Saturday we took our long haired tom cat called 'Donny' to be groomed as
>>he was full of lugs and we thought he would feel better. We went back for
>>him a few hours later but he wasn't finished, we hung around and heard him
>>meow a couple of times.
>
>It sounds like a possible heart condition that was made worse by
>stress.
>
>It is becoming more common in Maine Coons and Ragdolls. Does he have
>any of those breeds in him?
>
>I have a dog who has a healthy heart, but it is too large for her
>body. She is a small sheltie, and the vet told me it is common when
>breeders try to make the dogs smaller. The outsides get smaller, but
>the organs don't always get smaller. So, there ends up being less
>space inside. In Jenny;s case, the x-ray clearly showed that her heart
>was pushing on her windpipe, so anytime her heart races (excitement,
>exercise), she starts to cough and gag because her heart is cutting
>off her air.
>
>Since you mentioned him sitting on the floor with his tounge out
>sometimes, I suspect that he had something going on with his heart,
>and the grooming session was probably too much excitement for him.
>Unfortunately, it is not something you can really predict.
>
>I'm so sorry to hear about loss, and sudden losses can be so horrible.
>I had one last year. Kira was sick of one thing, but died of renal
>failure, only 3 days after having bloodwork that pointed to anemia,
>and had no sign of kidney problems. It was only later that the food
>recall came out, and it began to make sense.

Meghan Noecker
August 7th 07, 11:29 PM
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 19:51:05 GMT, "saxrocco via CatKB.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Unsure what breed Donny was, but as I have said there are pictures in my
>gallery and I use his picture as my avatar.

I haven't seen any weblinks in your posts. No way to know where your
gallery is.

Sheelagh >o
August 8th 07, 12:26 AM
On 6 Aug, 15:24, "saxrocco" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi
> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
> I have had cats all my life and I will always have them, but what I am about
> to write has really shocked us.
>
> On Saturday we took our long haired tom cat called 'Donny' to be groomed as
> he was full of lugs and we thought he would feel better. We went back for
> him a few hours later but he wasn't finished, we hung around and heard him
> meow a couple of times.
> One of the ladies came out to us and said that he had been stressing. My
> husband went in as I waited outside with our 6 year old son.
> Minutes later I was asked to go in the room to where my husband had Donny in
> his arms. He was floppy and his eyes were staring.
> The lady who groomed him had said up until that point he had been the best
> cat they had had as normally they are scratching and etching to get away.
> I was speaking to him like normal to then realise he was not moving so we
> placed him on the table to where the lady gave him heart massage and mouth to
> mouth.
> Nothing could be done, he was only 5 so we were all shocked and deeply upset.
> He didn't seem ill although he was sleeping on our bedroom floor a lot next
> to our bed and he used to stick his tongue out a lot which we found cute and
> funny.
> Unsure if he may be had a heart attack? One eye was staring and the other
> was rolled.
> His teeth have always not been white but in the past the vet wasn't concerned,
> she advised that we used some special cat toothpaste to which we did a couple
> of times. May be it was an infection?
> I am just wanting to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar?
> We brought him home and buried him, we did not want to get him checked out
> with the vet as it would have been more traumatic.
> We hold no remorse to the lady that groomed him she tried her best to revive
> him and was deeply sorry - she had never had a cat die on her so it was not
> only traumatic for us but for her and her staff as well.
>
> I have just put the phone down from my husband who had de-registered Donny
> from the vets and they think he might have had a weak heart...
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Deep condolences to both you & your husband for your shocking
unexpected loss.
I know it doesn't take your pain away, but rest assured that 99% of
everyone here, does understand exactly what you have been through &
feel for you too.

In time, you might get some of the answers that you seek, however,
some things can never be explained, & the best you can do, is to
accept that it was time to go to the Rainbow Bridge. They will take a
piece of your heart, & leave a bit of theirs that will always be in
the corner of yours. No cat will ever replace that, but one day, you
will find that you have so much love to spare, & when that time comes,
the right cat will choose you. I promise that, from experience.
I hope that your shock & pain eases with time & TLC.

And, know for sure that Donny wouldn't want you to mourn overly. He
will watch over you, & rejoice on the day that you find it in your
hearts to be able to move on & offer a home to another feline family
member, eventually. Please dont beat yourself up overly. Life is like
that- & sometimes it just doesn't feel fair. You loved him, & that was
what mattered to him.
Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 8th 07, 07:20 PM
To be fair Meghan I am unsure how to do it....I have got photos there but
unsure how to convert them so you can all see them.....
I am used to forums where you can view profiles and pics.
Please help!

Clare x

Meghan Noecker wrote:
>>Unsure what breed Donny was, but as I have said there are pictures in my
>>gallery and I use his picture as my avatar.
>
>I haven't seen any weblinks in your posts. No way to know where your
>gallery is.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 8th 07, 07:30 PM
Thanks Sheelagh you have brought tears to my eyes because what you say is so
true.
I always feel guilty because I should have brushed his hair everyday that way
he wouldn't have had the lugs so he would not have gone to the groomers.
Then again I also feel guilty because even though I did love him I did not
always give him the affection that he wanted due to his fur being long and he
got smelly. I have learnt a lot!
I know though that he had a good home and he got treats.
I never ever wanted this to happen, I wanted to fetch him home and laugh
because we were used to his long hair and he would have been trotting around
shaved.
Funny thing is Molly died at the end of March - she was around 15, I think
about her but you get over it, don't you?
I find it easier now because she like Donny is only at the top of our garden
so I am always reminded of their existence.
I do want more cats, but it will be a few months yet - I want Rover to have a
few months on his own.

Clare x

Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
>[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]
>> Any comments would be appreciated.
>> Thanks
>
>Deep condolences to both you & your husband for your shocking
>unexpected loss.
>I know it doesn't take your pain away, but rest assured that 99% of
>everyone here, does understand exactly what you have been through &
>feel for you too.
>
>In time, you might get some of the answers that you seek, however,
>some things can never be explained, & the best you can do, is to
>accept that it was time to go to the Rainbow Bridge. They will take a
>piece of your heart, & leave a bit of theirs that will always be in
>the corner of yours. No cat will ever replace that, but one day, you
>will find that you have so much love to spare, & when that time comes,
>the right cat will choose you. I promise that, from experience.
>I hope that your shock & pain eases with time & TLC.
>
>And, know for sure that Donny wouldn't want you to mourn overly. He
>will watch over you, & rejoice on the day that you find it in your
>hearts to be able to move on & offer a home to another feline family
>member, eventually. Please dont beat yourself up overly. Life is like
>that- & sometimes it just doesn't feel fair. You loved him, & that was
>what mattered to him.
>Sheelagh >"o"<

Matthew
August 8th 07, 07:45 PM
you can upload them to www.photobucket.com for free
"saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> To be fair Meghan I am unsure how to do it....I have got photos there but
> unsure how to convert them so you can all see them.....
> I am used to forums where you can view profiles and pics.
> Please help!
>
> Clare x
>

> Meghan Noecker wrote:
>>>Unsure what breed Donny was, but as I have said there are pictures in my
>>>gallery and I use his picture as my avatar.
>>
>>I haven't seen any weblinks in your posts. No way to know where your
>>gallery is.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 8th 07, 08:11 PM
Thanks Matthew - just registered and put some pics on and then I lost them....
gutted
what do I do when they are on there?

Thanks
Clare x

Matthew wrote:
>you can upload them to www.photobucket.com for free
>> To be fair Meghan I am unsure how to do it....I have got photos there but
>> unsure how to convert them so you can all see them.....
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>>I haven't seen any weblinks in your posts. No way to know where your
>>>gallery is.

Matthew
August 8th 07, 08:29 PM
click on the picture it self or the name of your group and the link will
pop up underneath of it and you can post it
as such http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/ these are
my masters

"saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Thanks Matthew - just registered and put some pics on and then I lost
> them....
> gutted
> what do I do when they are on there?
>
> Thanks
> Clare x
>

> Matthew wrote:
>>you can upload them to www.photobucket.com for free
>>> To be fair Meghan I am unsure how to do it....I have got photos there
>>> but
>>> unsure how to convert them so you can all see them.....
>>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 8th 07, 08:50 PM
Thanks - great pics by the way.
OK I will try again, how do you save your pics that you put in to your
gallery?
Sorry I can normally do these things but I am having a nightmare...

Clare x

Matthew wrote:
>click on the picture it self or the name of your group and the link will
>pop up underneath of it and you can post it
>as such http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/ these are
>my masters
>
>> Thanks Matthew - just registered and put some pics on and then I lost
>> them....
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 8th 07, 09:14 PM
tried again sent them to upload and then it just froze on me saying something
on the lines of error....I have had enough for tonight.
Thanks

saxrocco wrote:
>Thanks - great pics by the way.
>OK I will try again, how do you save your pics that you put in to your
>gallery?
>Sorry I can normally do these things but I am having a nightmare...
>
>Clare x
>
>>click on the picture it self or the name of your group and the link will
>>pop up underneath of it and you can post it
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Sheelagh >o
August 8th 07, 11:22 PM
On 8 Aug, 19:20, "saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> To be fair Meghan I am unsure how to do it....I have got photos there but
> unsure how to convert them so you can all see them.....
> I am used to forums where you can view profiles and pics.
> Please help!
>
> Clare x
>
> Meghan Noecker wrote:
> >>Unsure what breed Donny was, but as I have said there are pictures in my
> >>gallery and I use his picture as my avatar.
>
> >I haven't seen any weblinks in your posts. No way to know where your
> >gallery is.

Have you ever tried a program called Piccasa?
You download it for free, (another one is Photobucket.com), then you
place photos of whom/what you want to into files that you can display
for public, & use for storing other albums too. Once you have a folder
full of photos that you want to share, it gives you step by step
instructions, or in my case "destruction", Lol:o) Once you have one
that you want to display, you invite others to look @ it by left
clicking the address bar (ie: www.photobucket.com/saxrocco/cats...
then left click it to copy ad paste the l;ink to the album you wish to
share.)

Believe me when "I" tell you that it is idiot proof, it "Is". I am
totally useless when it comes to working PC:s, but I have managed to
sort it out.
If you look @ my other post, you will see an example of what I mean.
(tragic accident, IIRC). I hope that you have a go. You have nothing
to loose......
Would love to see them ....
Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh >o
August 8th 07, 11:29 PM
On 8 Aug, 20:29, "Matthew" > wrote:
> click on the picture it self or the name of your group and the link will
> pop up underneath of it and you can post it
> as such http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/ these are
> my masters
>
> "saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]
>

> > Thanks Matthew - just registered and put some pics on and then I lost
> > them....
> > gutted
> > what do I do when they are on there?
>
> > Thanks
> > Clare x
>
> > Matthew wrote:
> >>you can upload them towww.photobucket.com for free
> >>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>
> > --

I have so many favourites.. But these ones are my favourite, favourite
ones :o)
In no particular order....:

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=P6110011.jpg

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=P1090082.jpg

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=Jun21_0002.jpg

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=PC300079-1.jpg

I'm like a child in a sweet shop here....
Sheelagh >"o"<

Meghan Noecker
August 8th 07, 11:47 PM
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:20:41 GMT, "saxrocco via CatKB.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>To be fair Meghan I am unsure how to do it....I have got photos there but
>unsure how to convert them so you can all see them.....
>I am used to forums where you can view profiles and pics.
>Please help!

Just go to the webapage where the photos arem, then go yo to the
address and copy the whole thing - http....

Then, in your post, paste it.

Most people read the newsgroups either on google or with a regular
newsreader. I think catKB does something different allowing you to see
the newsgroup in a different format. So, for those of us on the
regular system, we don't see any profiles or pics.

Matthew
August 9th 07, 03:15 AM
"Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 8 Aug, 20:29, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> click on the picture it self or the name of your group and the link
>> will
>> pop up underneath of it and you can post it
>> as such http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/ these are
>> my masters
>>
>> "saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> messagenews:[email protected]
>>

>> > Thanks Matthew - just registered and put some pics on and then I lost
>> > them....
>> > gutted
>> > what do I do when they are on there?
>>
>> > Thanks
>> > Clare x

>> > --
>> >text -

> I have so many favourites.. But these ones are my favourite, favourite
> ones :o)
> In no particular order....:
>
> http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=P6110011.jpg

Funny thing is he hates his belly rubbed ;-)

> http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=P1090082.jpg

one of my favorites

> http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=Jun21_0002.jpg

Never forget that day
> http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/nomoreretail/?action=view&current=PC300079-1.jpg

Just by looking at her you can tell she is stubborn

> I'm like a child in a sweet shop here....
> Sheelagh >"o"<

-L.
August 9th 07, 01:05 PM
saxrocco wrote:
> Hi
> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
> I have had cats all my life and I will always have them, but what I am about
> to write has really shocked us.

Sounds like he went into shock.

Was he sedated at all? heart aliments run in some lines of Persians.
If he is Persian or part Persian he may have had an undiagnosed heart
condition. I was a groomer for a high-volume feline practice and I
never once had a cat code on me. :/

Sorry for your loss!
-L.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 07:25 PM
Hi Sheelagh
I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
have emailed them and am waiting for a response as to there advice on homing
a cat which best suits us.
Please visit this site:
http://www.mayflowersanctuary.com/CATS%20FOR%20REHOMING.HTM

aren't they all great?
The ones I really took a shine to and I tell you what the list is endless was
Charlie and Chester not to mention Butch and Sundance....I am going to see
what happens.

I am definently going to get a photo sorted of Donny for you all coz you will
all love him just like we do.

Bye for now
Clare x

Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
>[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]
>> Any comments would be appreciated.
>> Thanks
>
>Deep condolences to both you & your husband for your shocking
>unexpected loss.
>I know it doesn't take your pain away, but rest assured that 99% of
>everyone here, does understand exactly what you have been through &
>feel for you too.
>
>In time, you might get some of the answers that you seek, however,
>some things can never be explained, & the best you can do, is to
>accept that it was time to go to the Rainbow Bridge. They will take a
>piece of your heart, & leave a bit of theirs that will always be in
>the corner of yours. No cat will ever replace that, but one day, you
>will find that you have so much love to spare, & when that time comes,
>the right cat will choose you. I promise that, from experience.
>I hope that your shock & pain eases with time & TLC.
>
>And, know for sure that Donny wouldn't want you to mourn overly. He
>will watch over you, & rejoice on the day that you find it in your
>hearts to be able to move on & offer a home to another feline family
>member, eventually. Please dont beat yourself up overly. Life is like
>that- & sometimes it just doesn't feel fair. You loved him, & that was
>what mattered to him.
>Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 07:30 PM
Hi L
I am going to have to get a picture sorted for you all so you can see him
(Donny).
No he wasn't sedated - he let them groom him and was not viscious or anything
but when they had finished and were about to finish him (trim his legs) he
fretted. They gave him some medicalm (is it called?) and he went floppy. he
died in my husbands arms - we could not believe it.
But yes we agree he must have had an undiagnosed heart condition.
Can't believe it is almost a week :-(
No the lady that groomed him had never had a cat code on her!

Thanks for your response.
Clare x

-L. wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
>> I have had cats all my life and I will always have them, but what I am about
>> to write has really shocked us.
>
>Sounds like he went into shock.
>
>Was he sedated at all? heart aliments run in some lines of Persians.
>If he is Persian or part Persian he may have had an undiagnosed heart
>condition. I was a groomer for a high-volume feline practice and I
>never once had a cat code on me. :/
>
>Sorry for your loss!
>-L.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 07:45 PM
does this work from this website (fingers crossed)

http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture660.aspx

Please tell me you can all see my darling boy DONNY.....will post this and
test it and then if it works I will link Molly and Rover for you all :-)

I am good on computers when I use my mind....LOL
Clare x

saxrocco wrote:
>Hi Sheelagh
>I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
>have emailed them and am waiting for a response as to there advice on homing
>a cat which best suits us.
>Please visit this site:
>http://www.mayflowersanctuary.com/CATS%20FOR%20REHOMING.HTM
>
>aren't they all great?
>The ones I really took a shine to and I tell you what the list is endless was
>Charlie and Chester not to mention Butch and Sundance....I am going to see
>what happens.
>
>I am definently going to get a photo sorted of Donny for you all coz you will
>all love him just like we do.
>
>Bye for now
>Clare x
>
>>> Hi
>>> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
>>what mattered to him.
>>Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 07:48 PM
http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture658.aspx
check this one out of Molly - she was 15 years old and was a lovely lady.
Sadly died end of March 2007.
Will get Rover now for you all to see...

Clare x

saxrocco wrote:
>does this work from this website (fingers crossed)
>
>http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture660.aspx
>
>Please tell me you can all see my darling boy DONNY.....will post this and
>test it and then if it works I will link Molly and Rover for you all :-)
>
>I am good on computers when I use my mind....LOL
>Clare x
>
>>Hi Sheelagh
>>I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
>[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
>>>what mattered to him.
>>>Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 07:59 PM
me again - sorry everybody but I have it cracked now...here is another lovely
cat 'rover'
http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture666.aspx

thanks
Clare x

Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
>[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]
>> Any comments would be appreciated.
>> Thanks
>
>Deep condolences to both you & your husband for your shocking
>unexpected loss.
>I know it doesn't take your pain away, but rest assured that 99% of
>everyone here, does understand exactly what you have been through &
>feel for you too.
>
>In time, you might get some of the answers that you seek, however,
>some things can never be explained, & the best you can do, is to
>accept that it was time to go to the Rainbow Bridge. They will take a
>piece of your heart, & leave a bit of theirs that will always be in
>the corner of yours. No cat will ever replace that, but one day, you
>will find that you have so much love to spare, & when that time comes,
>the right cat will choose you. I promise that, from experience.
>I hope that your shock & pain eases with time & TLC.
>
>And, know for sure that Donny wouldn't want you to mourn overly. He
>will watch over you, & rejoice on the day that you find it in your
>hearts to be able to move on & offer a home to another feline family
>member, eventually. Please dont beat yourself up overly. Life is like
>that- & sometimes it just doesn't feel fair. You loved him, & that was
>what mattered to him.
>Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 08:01 PM
http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture667.aspx

Donny and Rover...aren't they lovely?
Have put some more pics on here if you have chance to look?

thanks
Clare x

Meghan Noecker wrote:
>>To be fair Meghan I am unsure how to do it....I have got photos there but
>>unsure how to convert them so you can all see them.....
>>I am used to forums where you can view profiles and pics.
>>Please help!
>
>Just go to the webapage where the photos arem, then go yo to the
>address and copy the whole thing - http....
>
>Then, in your post, paste it.
>
>Most people read the newsgroups either on google or with a regular
>newsreader. I think catKB does something different allowing you to see
>the newsgroup in a different format. So, for those of us on the
>regular system, we don't see any profiles or pics.

Sheelagh >o
August 9th 07, 08:04 PM
On 9 Aug, 19:45, "saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> does this work from this website (fingers crossed)
>
> http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture660.aspx
>
> Please tell me you can all see my darling boy DONNY.....will post this and
> test it and then if it works I will link Molly and Rover for you all :-)
>
> I am good on computers when I use my mind....LOL
> Clare x
>

> saxrocco wrote:
> >Hi Sheelagh
> >I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
> >have emailed them and am waiting for a response as to there advice on homing
> >a cat which best suits us.
> >Please visit this site:
> >http://www.mayflowersanctuary.com/CATS%20FOR%20REHOMING.HTM
>
> >aren't they all great?
> >The ones I really took a shine to and I tell you what the list is endless was
> >Charlie and Chester not to mention Butch and Sundance....I am going to see
> >what happens.
>
> >I am definently going to get a photo sorted of Donny for you all coz you will
> >all love him just like we do.
>
> >Bye for now
> >Clare x

> >[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
> >>what mattered to him.
> >>Sheelagh >"o"<

It looks like you did an excellent job. well done, thank you too.
I must say that both of them look wonderful. Donny & Rover looked
complete soul mates..
Thank you for sharing them with us all. It's great to meet other
people's feline families. Over time you get to learn their characters
& watch them develop, & the stories are great :o)
Sheelagh

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 08:08 PM
thanks - yes they certainly are soul mates, don't want to use past tense
because he will always be Rovers soul mate.
Did you look at the Sanctuary link?

Clare x

Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>> does this work from this website (fingers crossed)
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 34 lines]

>It looks like you did an excellent job. well done, thank you too.
>I must say that both of them look wonderful. Donny & Rover looked
>complete soul mates..
>Thank you for sharing them with us all. It's great to meet other
>people's feline families. Over time you get to learn their characters
>& watch them develop, & the stories are great :o)
>Sheelagh

Sheelagh >o
August 9th 07, 08:13 PM
On 9 Aug, 19:25, "saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Sheelagh
> I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
> have emailed them and am waiting for a response as to there advice on homing
> a cat which best suits us.
> Please visit this site:http://www.mayflowersanctuary.com/CATS%20FOR%20REHOMING.HTM
>
> aren't they all great?
> The ones I really took a shine to and I tell you what the list is endless was
> Charlie and Chester not to mention Butch and Sundance....I am going to see
> what happens.
>
> I am definently going to get a photo sorted of Donny for you all coz you will
> all love him just like we do.
>
> Bye for now
> Clare x
>

> Sheelagh >o< wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
> >[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]
> >> Any comments would be appreciated.
> >> Thanks
>
> >Deep condolences to both you & your husband for your shocking
> >unexpected loss.
> >I know it doesn't take your pain away, but rest assured that 99% of
> >everyone here, does understand exactly what you have been through &
> >feel for you too.
>
> >In time, you might get some of the answers that you seek, however,
> >some things can never be explained, & the best you can do, is to
> >accept that it was time to go to the Rainbow Bridge. They will take a
> >piece of your heart, & leave a bit of theirs that will always be in
> >the corner of yours. No cat will ever replace that, but one day, you
> >will find that you have so much love to spare, & when that time comes,
> >the right cat will choose you. I promise that, from experience.
> >I hope that your shock & pain eases with time & TLC.
>
> >And, know for sure that Donny wouldn't want you to mourn overly. He
> >will watch over you, & rejoice on the day that you find it in your
> >hearts to be able to move on & offer a home to another feline family
> >member, eventually. Please dont beat yourself up overly. Life is like
> >that- & sometimes it just doesn't feel fair. You loved him, & that was
> >what mattered to him.
> >Sheelagh >"o"<

I'm delighted to hear that you found some that look likely possible
candidates. Let me know how you get on, won't you? I think that all of
them are wonderful & I am daft enough to want @ least half a dozen of
them, Lol;o)

Make sure that you take your time, look around & be firm about your
decision, with the assistance of the staff @ that shelter. I'm certain
that if you fully intend to have a pair of cats from them, as long as
they know that you are committed, I'm sure that they will hang on the
cats for you until you return from your pending holiday.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that your getting somewhere. Believe
me when I tell you that you are doing both shelter & cats a great
favour. You are offering cats a permanent home for the rest of their
natural lives. That is no small thing! Well done, I feel happy for you
all. Keep us posted about visiting them & with what the shelter advise
you too, won't you?
Look forward to reading it all,
Sheelagh >"o"<

cybercat
August 9th 07, 08:31 PM
"saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture667.aspx
>
> Donny and Rover...aren't they lovely?
> Have put some more pics on here if you have chance to look?

They are just beautiful, Claire. :)

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 08:40 PM
Thanks Cybercat...How can us cat lovers not think that they are adorable.
Hope you too have visited my other pictures and the sanctuary to where I will
soon home 1 or 2 cats.

I am so pleased that I could share my pictures with you.
Clare x

cybercat wrote:
>> http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture667.aspx
>>
>> Donny and Rover...aren't they lovely?
>> Have put some more pics on here if you have chance to look?
>
>They are just beautiful, Claire. :)

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 9th 07, 08:42 PM
yes I will keep you posted.
:-)

Clare x

Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>> Hi Sheelagh
>> I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
>[quoted text clipped - 46 lines]

>I'm delighted to hear that you found some that look likely possible
>candidates. Let me know how you get on, won't you? I think that all of
>them are wonderful & I am daft enough to want @ least half a dozen of
>them, Lol;o)
>
>Make sure that you take your time, look around & be firm about your
>decision, with the assistance of the staff @ that shelter. I'm certain
>that if you fully intend to have a pair of cats from them, as long as
>they know that you are committed, I'm sure that they will hang on the
>cats for you until you return from your pending holiday.
>
>I am absolutely delighted to hear that your getting somewhere. Believe
>me when I tell you that you are doing both shelter & cats a great
>favour. You are offering cats a permanent home for the rest of their
>natural lives. That is no small thing! Well done, I feel happy for you
>all. Keep us posted about visiting them & with what the shelter advise
>you too, won't you?
>Look forward to reading it all,
>Sheelagh >"o"<

mariib via CatKB.com
August 10th 07, 04:07 AM
saxrocco wrote:
>does this work from this website (fingers crossed)
>
>http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture660.aspx
>
>Please tell me you can all see my darling boy DONNY.....will post this and
>test it and then if it works I will link Molly and Rover for you all :-)
>
>I am good on computers when I use my mind....LOL
>Clare x

Beautiful pictures of your cats. I'm glad to finally see them because Donny's
story was very sad. It will be good to bring home a new companion(s) for
Rover who I'm sure is missing his friend. Years ago, we had a beloved 16 yr
old tortoiseshell cat killed very unexpectedly right in front of our 2
younger boys & none of us could stop it or save her & we were all completely
stunned (& angry) at what had happened. Her name was Whiskey & her heart most
probably gave out from shock. She was my first cat & though I've had other
well-loved cats since, I've never forgotten her.
M.

Meghan Noecker
August 10th 07, 06:22 AM
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:25:23 GMT, "saxrocco via CatKB.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Sheelagh
>I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
>have emailed them and am waiting for a response as to there advice on homing
>a cat which best suits us.
>Please visit this site:
>http://www.mayflowersanctuary.com/CATS%20FOR%20REHOMING.HTM

It works great. He was a very beautiful cat, and he looks like he was
pretty good size. It's too bad that they can have unknown problems
like that, but they are working to eliminate the problems that can be
passed genetically. I know a lot of breeders in the Maine Coon and
Ragdoll breeds are getting their cats tested so that they don't pass
it along.

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 10th 07, 05:03 PM
mariib wrote:
>>does this work from this website (fingers crossed)
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>I am good on computers when I use my mind....LOL
>>Clare x
>
>Beautiful pictures of your cats. I'm glad to finally see them because Donny's
>story was very sad. It will be good to bring home a new companion(s) for
>Rover who I'm sure is missing his friend. Years ago, we had a beloved 16 yr
>old tortoiseshell cat killed very unexpectedly right in front of our 2
>younger boys & none of us could stop it or save her & we were all completely
>stunned (& angry) at what had happened. Her name was Whiskey & her heart most
>probably gave out from shock. She was my first cat & though I've had other
>well-loved cats since, I've never forgotten her.
>M.
I agree Marri, you never meet a cat that measures up to your first cat.
However, I'm not sure about you but I find that I love them just as much, but
for different reasons. I can remember waiting for my second child to be born
the following day & looking @ Katie, & thinking "How can I possibly love this
baby as much as I love you"? ... but you do!!

I'm delighted that Clare is considering a couple of cats. They will keep one
another company. If you introduce them slowly Clare, make sure that you get
yourself a diffuser of Feliway, & a spray or two. Buy a wash mitten, then
stroke all of the cats with it, thus transferring each others scent onto one
another. It does work & will help bring barriers down between them. The
operative word, is "slowly" though.

I have never actually used Feliway, so when a lady who had a couple of
kittens from me said, that one of the kittens was tinkling on the bed"only"..
I crossed my fingers & gave her the advice that I have just recommended to
you- within 3 days, the older cat was pinning both kittens down & washing
each of them, & treating them like they were her own kittens. You have no
idea how relieved I felt, Lol.. :o)
Sheelagh>"o"<

--
S;o)

-L.
August 11th 07, 04:07 AM
saxrocco via CatKB.com wrote:
> Hi L
> I am going to have to get a picture sorted for you all so you can see him
> (Donny).
> No he wasn't sedated - he let them groom him and was not viscious or anything
> but when they had finished and were about to finish him (trim his legs) he
> fretted. They gave him some medicalm (is it called?) and he went floppy. he
> died in my husbands arms - we could not believe it.
> But yes we agree he must have had an undiagnosed heart condition.
> Can't believe it is almost a week :-(
> No the lady that groomed him had never had a cat code on her!
>
> Thanks for your response.
> Clare x

Sounds like a possible reaction to the meds.
Long shot: Had they bathed him? If so, find out if they used a table
dryer or cage dryer on him (instead of a hand-held dryer). If so, I
will bet that he had heat stroke.

As a groomer you don't normally bathe a cat until after the fur is
cut, so I doubt they did, but you never know...

-L.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 11th 07, 11:54 AM
They bathed him after they had groomed him, they had not even dried him!
Yeah they were going to trim his legs and then put him in the cage dryer
except he did not make it that far. I am so sad to have lost him as I chose
him as a kitten - he was the cutest little thing ever and grew to be even
cuter.
I will always love him and will treasure the time I had with him.
I thank you all for your advice.
Clare x

-L. wrote:
>> Hi L
>> I am going to have to get a picture sorted for you all so you can see him
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> Thanks for your response.
>> Clare x
>
>Sounds like a possible reaction to the meds.
>Long shot: Had they bathed him? If so, find out if they used a table
>dryer or cage dryer on him (instead of a hand-held dryer). If so, I
>will bet that he had heat stroke.
>
>As a groomer you don't normally bathe a cat until after the fur is
>cut, so I doubt they did, but you never know...
>
>-L.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 11th 07, 12:01 PM
Got some news for you all we are going to a cat rescue home tomorrow - the
one that I posted on here. They have got 60 cats so I am going to have a
real good look, the only one from the web that has gone is Smokie.
I am tempted to get 3, but will settle for 2.
The lady who my husband spoke to said she would keep them until after our
short break which is great.
They do a home visit as you will all probably know. That is good they will
see how much we care. Cats have run of the house don't they.
Donny will never be forgotten, I bought some fresh flowers for his grave
yesterday and I cried again coz he should never have been taken away from us.
At the same time I am pleased to be able to rescue some more cats and give
them a good life.
Going to the football now - the new season has started Doncaster Rovers v
Millwall (hence Donny and Rover).
Thanks for your advice and I will let you know how we get on tomorrow :-)

Take care
Clare x

sheelagh wrote:
>>>does this work from this website (fingers crossed)
>>>
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>>well-loved cats since, I've never forgotten her.
>>M.
>I agree Marri, you never meet a cat that measures up to your first cat.
>However, I'm not sure about you but I find that I love them just as much, but
>for different reasons. I can remember waiting for my second child to be born
>the following day & looking @ Katie, & thinking "How can I possibly love this
>baby as much as I love you"? ... but you do!!
>
>I'm delighted that Clare is considering a couple of cats. They will keep one
>another company. If you introduce them slowly Clare, make sure that you get
>yourself a diffuser of Feliway, & a spray or two. Buy a wash mitten, then
>stroke all of the cats with it, thus transferring each others scent onto one
>another. It does work & will help bring barriers down between them. The
>operative word, is "slowly" though.
>
>I have never actually used Feliway, so when a lady who had a couple of
>kittens from me said, that one of the kittens was tinkling on the bed"only"..
>I crossed my fingers & gave her the advice that I have just recommended to
>you- within 3 days, the older cat was pinning both kittens down & washing
>each of them, & treating them like they were her own kittens. You have no
>idea how relieved I felt, Lol.. :o)
>Sheelagh>"o"<

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 11th 07, 05:15 PM
saxrocco wrote:
>Got some news for you all we are going to a cat rescue home tomorrow - the
>one that I posted on here. They have got 60 cats so I am going to have a
>real good look, the only one from the web that has gone is Smokie.
>I am tempted to get 3, but will settle for 2.
>The lady who my husband spoke to said she would keep them until after our
>short break which is great.
>They do a home visit as you will all probably know. That is good they will
>see how much we care. Cats have run of the house don't they.
>Donny will never be forgotten, I bought some fresh flowers for his grave
>yesterday and I cried again coz he should never have been taken away from us.
>At the same time I am pleased to be able to rescue some more cats and give
>them a good life.
>Going to the football now - the new season has started Doncaster Rovers v
>Millwall (hence Donny and Rover).
>Thanks for your advice and I will let you know how we get on tomorrow :-)
>
>Take care
>Clare x

>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>idea how relieved I felt, Lol.. :o)
>>Sheelagh>"o"<

I am delighted to hear this.
Let us know how it all went, won't you Clare?
Have a great time, write down all of the questions that you would like to ask,
then ask all of them. I am also delighted that they are being kind enough to
hang on to the lucky ones that you choose too. Brilliant news :o)
Sheelagh >"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 12th 07, 06:45 PM
Hi Sheelagh
Got some great news we visited the cats and wow were they all great. A
family were there before us and have got 2 gorgeous kittens (there first cats)
All the kittens there have all been re-homed - no surprise there they were
lovely. However we are so pleased with the ones we chose....My husband said
to me yesterday that he would love a black cat...This may be because his
sisters cat Jazz who has HIV is so lovely. The good thing is he held a black
long haired one called Porcha who is only 2 and smiled...yes he said I want
her....Of course I said no problem. The good thing is black cats struggle to
get re-homed so we have helped one...No need for superstition! My 6 year old
looked and stroked a lot of them of course it was hard, but you know don't
you? Two had only been rescued yesterday from a flat (8 months old) a ginger
and a black one...Tempting but I was drawn from the beginning and was when I
met them to yes are you ready...I got my Charlie and Chester...I am sat
smiling now coz we are homing 3 lovely cats all 2 years old. Charlie and
Chester had been re-homed once and brought back :-( The lady is pleased that
we are homing them....What a great day. We are getting them on the Tuesday,
day after bank holiday Monday :-)
If you visit the link in a previous post Mayflower Sanctuary you will be able
to see them...
We have got to keep them in for 3-4 weeks to get used to us and there new
environment. Charlie and Chester have not been out so any advice on this? I
know cats can stay indoors, but I am used to letting them out...
I am so excited and I know Donny will be pleased that we have rescued 3
lovely cats in his memory.
Please check the pictures out on the link previously given a few days ago and
you will smile. I feel great I got 3 more to make 4 cats in total. I am
confident that Rover will be fine as he is the eldest and the boss LOL.
Thank you for reading this and I promise to keep in touch.
Clare x

sheelagh wrote:
>>Got some news for you all we are going to a cat rescue home tomorrow - the
>>one that I posted on here. They have got 60 cats so I am going to have a
>[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
>>>idea how relieved I felt, Lol.. :o)
>>>Sheelagh>"o"<
>
>I am delighted to hear this.
>Let us know how it all went, won't you Clare?
>Have a great time, write down all of the questions that you would like to ask,
>then ask all of them. I am also delighted that they are being kind enough to
>hang on to the lucky ones that you choose too. Brilliant news :o)
>Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 12th 07, 06:47 PM
http://www.mayflowersanctuary.com/CATS%20FOR%20REHOMING.HTM

found the link to save you scrolling to find it...Going to have a look at my
new babies too :-)

sheelagh wrote:
>>Got some news for you all we are going to a cat rescue home tomorrow - the
>>one that I posted on here. They have got 60 cats so I am going to have a
>[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
>>>idea how relieved I felt, Lol.. :o)
>>>Sheelagh>"o"<
>
>I am delighted to hear this.
>Let us know how it all went, won't you Clare?
>Have a great time, write down all of the questions that you would like to ask,
>then ask all of them. I am also delighted that they are being kind enough to
>hang on to the lucky ones that you choose too. Brilliant news :o)
>Sheelagh >"o"<

sheelagh >\o\
August 12th 07, 10:38 PM
saxrocco wrote:
>Hi Sheelagh
>Got some great news we visited the cats and wow were they all great. A
>family were there before us and have got 2 gorgeous kittens (there first cats)
>. All the kittens there have all been re-homed - no surprise there they were
>lovely. However we are so pleased with the ones we chose....My husband said
>to me yesterday that he would love a black cat...This may be because his
>sisters cat Jazz who has HIV is so lovely. The good thing is he held a black
>long haired one called Porcha who is only 2 and smiled...yes he said I want
>her....Of course I said no problem. The good thing is black cats struggle to
>get re-homed so we have helped one...No need for superstition! My 6 year old
>looked and stroked a lot of them of course it was hard, but you know don't
>you? Two had only been rescued yesterday from a flat (8 months old) a ginger
>and a black one...Tempting but I was drawn from the beginning and was when I
>met them to yes are you ready...I got my Charlie and Chester...I am sat
>smiling now coz we are homing 3 lovely cats all 2 years old. Charlie and
>Chester had been re-homed once and brought back :-( The lady is pleased that
>we are homing them....What a great day. We are getting them on the Tuesday,
>day after bank holiday Monday :-)
>If you visit the link in a previous post Mayflower Sanctuary you will be able
>to see them...
>We have got to keep them in for 3-4 weeks to get used to us and there new
>environment. Charlie and Chester have not been out so any advice on this? I
>know cats can stay indoors, but I am used to letting them out...
>I am so excited and I know Donny will be pleased that we have rescued 3
>lovely cats in his memory.
>Please check the pictures out on the link previously given a few days ago and
>you will smile. I feel great I got 3 more to make 4 cats in total. I am
>confident that Rover will be fine as he is the eldest and the boss LOL.
>Thank you for reading this and I promise to keep in touch.
>Clare x
>
>>>Got some news for you all we are going to a cat rescue home tomorrow - the
>>>one that I posted on here. They have got 60 cats so I am going to have a
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>hang on to the lucky ones that you choose too. Brilliant news :o)
>>Sheelagh >"o"<

Hi Clare,

Got some great news we visited the cats and wow were they all great. A
family were there before us and have got 2 gorgeous kittens (there first cats)

All the kittens there have all been re-homed - no surprise there they were
lovely. However we are so pleased with the ones we chose....My husband said
to me yesterday that he would love a black cat...This may be because his
sisters cat Jazz who has HIV is so lovely. The good thing is he held a black
long haired one called Porcha who is only 2 and smiled...yes he said I want
her....Of course I said no problem. The good thing is black cats struggle to
get re-homed so we have helped one...No need for superstition!
---------------
This tends to be the way with kittens. I suppose that most people see them as
young & feel that they can mould the kitten around their lifestyles, I guess?
I'm delighted that you managed to get down there today too, so that you got
first pick of the rest of the cats, that you have decided that will be
joining you. Actually, you sound worse than me, Lol...walking out with half
of the sanctuary.. & why not if you have the love and expense to share with
them?!!

I tend to believe that the best cats, are the ones that choose you. As you
say, if Pocha decided to bat her eye-lids @ your husband, then there was a
spark between them which bodes well. Great news & I am so pleased for you all.
Did you ask if there were any behavioural problems, or physical problems that
you might need to take into account by any chance? The only reason that I
mention this is because you pointed out that your sister in laws cat has FIV?
If this was the case, however, I feel sure that the rescue centre would have
pointed this out to you, because they are aware that you have a multi cat
household. if you didn't it is not too late to check now. Don't let it stop
you adopting the cat though, it is simply something that it is best to be
aware of.. I think a few people here have cats with FIV, so there will be
plenty of advice "IF" you needed it. the first one that comes to mind is
Lynne, with Levis. Now she has done a brilliant job of coping with it! Anyway,
it is all "IF's right now, not "when"...

( I'm sure that they would have mentioned this to you though.- I would!)

Brill re: black cat superstition too. it is ridiculous really. They are
brilliant cats!!!! ( in time you will meet Meeps, Jodie's cat. she is an all
solid black & has a super character to match)

I have had 2 black cats so far, & both of the were super cats. Big Puss &
Little Puss ( how original, lol!! ;o). One died of a tumour on his bladder, &
the other one decided that he didn't want to move with us, within the same
village,. We tried to get him to stay with us for over 4 months of collecting
him every other day from our old house, but every single time we let him out
again, he went straight back to underneath his favourite Willow tree. In the
end, he was adopted by our neighbor when he was 12. It broke my heart in a
way, but OTOH, @ 10years old, I worride that one day he would get run over
making his way back to what he considered as home, which meant crossing a
quite a major road... so I knew it was for the best, but I didn't like it at
all. In the end, I did what I thought was best for Big Puss, & he lived to a
grand old age of 22 years old!!

My 6 year old
looked and stroked a lot of them of course it was hard, but you know don't
you? Two had only been rescued yesterday from a flat (8 months old) a ginger
and a black one...Tempting but I was drawn from the beginning and was when I
met them to yes are you ready...I got my Charlie and Chester...I am sat
smiling now coz we are homing 3 lovely cats all 2 years old. Charlie and
Chester had been re-homed once and brought back :-( The lady is pleased that
we are homing them....What a great day. We are getting them on the Tuesday,
day after bank holiday Monday :-)
If you visit the link in a previous post Mayflower Sanctuary you will be able
to see them...

Oh dear, I do feel for him, however, it might set a president for him in the
future. you never know!
I imagine he just wanted his own kitten? Never mind, I am more than certain
that you will find that once they all come home with you, he will be
enthralled with them all.

I understand the temptation, but I am glad that you went with your head &
with your heart too. Charlie & Chester seem to have chosen you as their new,
forever - slave, & this can only be a good thing, Lol :o)

I went straight into the link that you provided for us, & see exactly why
they called to you. My guess is that Chester & Charlie batted their eye lids
@ you too? Porcha was ever so pretty too!
There is nothing like a good leg weave & head but to convince your potential
new slave that you are the best choice they could possibly ask for. I wonder,
did you ask why they were returned to the shelter @ all? It would be
interesting to know what the problem was, & why they felt they had to return
them. It could be something as petty as they didn't get on with the Dog, to
they were an expert little Houdini's . @ least if you know why, you can be
aware of the problem ( IF, there was one, that is) & be alert for any
signals that they might display.

I bet they were delighted that you offered 3 homes. I know that I certainly
would have been.. It isn't every day that someone walks in to offer what you
have, & a huge success for both you, the cats & them homing them as well :o)

It sounds like an excellent day for all concerned. You have time to prepare
for them, The shelter know that they can take another 3 cats or kittens &
mentally, you need to be psyched up ready for them all. You also need to be
prepared for some hostility on Rover's behalf though. Remember, this is his
pad & Slave's that we are talking about here, so he might not quite so
enthralled as you all might be- that is not to say that he will, but be ready
for it, just in case. They need introducing slowly. Anyone here will be able
to help you introduction details. I will email you privately with tips that
we use to introduce our cats to one another. It isn't hard, it is just
consistency really, & being prepared for it all.

I have a cat that looks just like Charlie ( @ least I think it is Charlie
rather than Chester?)

Meet Ringo Super star- He moved in with us, & is my son, Ross's cat.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RINGOTHESPICEMOG
-------------------------

We have got to keep them in for 3-4 weeks to get used to us and there new
environment. Charlie and Chester have not been out so any advice on this? I
know cats can stay indoors, but I am used to letting them out...
I am so excited and I know Donny will be pleased that we have rescued 3
lovely cats in his memory.

That sounds like a good thing. they will need at least that long to give
cats time to settle down, & share their real/ true characters.

Ooohhh...- Ummm!!
This is a very controversial subject on here. I can see it from both sides of
the fence though.
As you know, in the UK, we all tend to let out cats out, install a cat flap,
then allow them to come and go as they please. It is also exactly what I used
to do too. However, since allowing them to roam where they wished to, after
all, they were neutered & spayed... Ringo, my Ginger male (or I should say,
my son's cat!), went out a few months ago, & was shot by a BB gun, just below
the eye, @ point blank range as well. It cost him the sight in his eye, & me
a terrific Bill @ the vets surgery too. Since, that happened, we also heard
news of one of our kittens being shot under similar circumstances, & it cost
Jack,( the blue colour point Ragdoll), his life :o( It was a terrible thing
to go through, so we decided that the best thing to do, was to build our own
cat run in the back garden, so that we could allow them as much freedom as
was reasonably possible, but contain them so that no one can ever get the
chance to hurt any of them ever again.
You must bare in mind that, this was my personal choice, & that you must do
whatever is best for you & your family... Not what I feel was best for mine,
OK?

OTOH, I think that it would be best to keep them in for the duration of the
first four weeks. don't feel guilty about it, after all, they have been far
more contained as it were since they have been @ the shelter. They need this
time, to get used to you, Porcha, & Rover as well. Once you have got to the
stage where they accept one another, then they need to bond with each other.
by keeping them in, you are speeding up that process, & not forcing Rover
into a situation that he didn't ask for, want or expect. Have you ever heard
of Feliway? It is a cat pheromone that makes cats feel @ ease. I think a
diffuser might come in handy here, to allow them to learn to feel relaxed in
one another's company. I will go in to detail about Feliway later for you, ok?

I'm not sure how Cat Kb works, but you can get my email address on here, by
following the instructions on how to unlock the email address, & then you can
email me if you wish to. OK?
Please check the pictures out on the link previously given a few days ago and
you will smile. I feel great I got 3 more to make 4 cats in total. I am
confident that Rover will be fine as he is the eldest and the boss LOL.
Thank you for reading this and I promise to keep in touch.
I have had a second comparison, & I'm ever so pleased for you. Of course, it
made me grin!!
I'm certain it has made loads of us grin actually. Not everyone posts all the
time- preferring to read, & only contribute when something close to their
hearts appears. So loads of people will see this & think of you, which is why
it is always so good when people come back to tell us how things are going.
Remember, it doesn't matter what time of the day or night, if you want to
talk to someone about anything that is worrying you about them, then just let
your fingers do the talking, & someone will respond usually.

it looks like your little lad has a lot to look forward to (as do both you &
your husband too;o)...
We can't wait for the photo's, stories & news of course too- And thank you
for taking the time to read this as well
Best of luck, hope you enjoy your hols, & can't wait for more news on you all,

Sheelagh >"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

mariib via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 01:50 AM
saxrocco wrote:
>Hi Sheelagh
>Got some great news we visited the cats and wow were they all great.
>The good thing is he held a black
>long haired one called Porcha who is only 2 and smiled...yes he said I want
>her....Of course I said no problem. ...I got my Charlie and Chester...I am sat
>smiling now coz we are homing 3 lovely cats all 2 years old. Charlie and
>Chester had been re-homed once and brought back :-( The lady is pleased that
>we are homing them....What a great day. We are getting them on the Tuesday,
>day after bank holiday Monday :-)
>Clare x

You've done very well indeed Clare & the 3 kitties look like they will be
great additions to your family. I would be asking the shelter why Charlie &
Chester were returned just to know for your own information, but trust your
judgement on your own impressions of them. The 2 beauties I have right now
were both previously adopted & returned - Little Devil, my tuxedo boy was
dumped in a box & left out in the rain late in the night in my vet's parking
lot & was found the next morning. And Coco, I'm his 4th & final owner & he's
kind-of cream & white colored & I got Coco(puff) when he was around 4-6
months old. Both of these kitties are wonderful & I can't imagine why their
previous owners didn't want them. Well, Little Devil is a high-energy devil
but he's adorable.

Take your time introducing them & many people here can advise you if you need
some help. Looking forward to hearing about all your cats. BTW, I've also
always gone & got a new kitty after the death of any of my cats & all mine
have lived at least 15 years. You can see Little Devil & Coco on webshots
http://pets.webshots.com/album/547068108fIJykY or by searching on webshots
under my screen name mariib
M.

mariib via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 02:01 AM
sheelagh >"o"< wrote:
>I have a cat that looks just like Charlie ( @ least I think it is Charlie
>rather than Chester?)
>Meet Ringo Super star- He moved in with us, & is my son, Ross's cat.
>http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RINGOTHESPICEMOG
> Ringo, my Ginger male (or I should say,
>my son's cat!), went out a few months ago, & was shot by a BB gun, just below
>the eye, @ point blank range as well. It cost him the sight in his eye, & me
>a terrific Bill @ the vets surgery too. Since, that happened, we also heard
>news of one of our kittens being shot under similar circumstances, & it cost
>Jack,( the blue colour point Ragdoll), his life :o( It was a terrible thing
>to go through, so we decided that the best thing to do, was to build our own
>cat run in the back garden, so that we could allow them as much freedom as
>was reasonably possible, but contain them so that no one can ever get the
>chance to hurt any of them ever again.

>I'm not sure how Cat Kb works, but you can get my email address on here, by
>following the instructions on how to unlock the email address, & then you can
>email me if you wish to. OK?

>>Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh, I was so glad to see the pictures of Ringo - he's looking very
handsome & healthy. Has he slimmed down a little? I thought I remembered him
a little rounder? Other than the loss of sight in his one eye, has he had any
other long-term problems from the shooting incident?

Unlock an email address on here? Really? Hell, that's why I'm posting on this
site. Anyway, too late now if that's so.
M.

Sheelagh >o
August 13th 07, 12:59 PM
On 13 Aug, 02:01, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> sheelagh >"o"< wrote:
> >I have a cat that looks just like Charlie ( @ least I think it is Charlie
> >rather than Chester?)
> >Meet Ringo Super star- He moved in with us, & is my son, Ross's cat.
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RINGOTHESPICEMOG
> > Ringo, my Ginger male (or I should say,
> >my son's cat!), went out a few months ago, & was shot by a BB gun, just below
> >the eye, @ point blank range as well. It cost him the sight in his eye, & me
> >a terrific Bill @ the vets surgery too. Since, that happened, we also heard
> >news of one of our kittens being shot under similar circumstances, & it cost
> >Jack,( the blue colour point Ragdoll), his life :o( It was a terrible thing
> >to go through, so we decided that the best thing to do, was to build our own
> >cat run in the back garden, so that we could allow them as much freedom as
> >was reasonably possible, but contain them so that no one can ever get the
> >chance to hurt any of them ever again.
> >I'm not sure how Cat Kb works, but you can get my email address on here, by
> >following the instructions on how to unlock the email address, & then you can
> >email me if you wish to. OK?
> >>Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> Sheelagh, I was so glad to see the pictures of Ringo - he's looking very
> handsome & healthy. Has he slimmed down a little? I thought I remembered him
> a little rounder? Other than the loss of sight in his one eye, has he had any
> other long-term problems from the shooting incident?
>
> Unlock an email address on here? Really? Hell, that's why I'm posting on this
> site. Anyway, too late now if that's so.
> M.

He is doing ever so well thanks. For the first 2 months after the
shooting & he got home, he wouldn't go out.-Not even into the garden,
but after the cat run was built, we went out there into it & took him
with us. He used to follow us around in there, then cry to come back
indoors after 10 minutes. Slowly, we have been building in that time,
& now he is happy to go out there as long as a couple of the others
(cats) are out there with him.

Yes, he has lost a bit of weight. Not quite so barrel shaped anymore.
The vet put him on a diet, which he was not very impressed about,
however he is now his right weight, & we have allowed him back onto
his normal chow again. His favourites are Whiskers super meat (rabbit
flavour!), & Iams dry.

I'd say that other than the loss of the use of his eye, he is just
slightly more nervous of people. When he first moved in with us, he
was a very confident puss cat & would head rub anyone-but now, he
waits to be invited. The only other way I could describe it, is that
he looks like he is hiding behind his mummy's skirts pleats, Lol!! He
was very lucky that time ( & so were we for that matter)

I just checked out unlocking email addresses, & had to tell you not to
worry about yours. You can do it on google if you look @ profiles, If
the person you are trying to contact has an account with them, but not
otherwise as far as I know, but not on Cat KB, so don't worry!

Having Ringo Super Star back to his normal self is wonderful. As you
can imagine, Ross is delighted too. Great to hear from you,
Sheelagh>"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 06:47 PM
Yes it was nice to get the pick of them. They are worth every penny £60 each
but they have had their vaccinations and have been doctored!
I have had a photo of them at work today and it kept me smiling knowing that
they are ours. At least the lady knows they are being re-homed so she can
smile too and make the most of her time left with them coz you do get
attached don't you?
Commenting on why Charlie and Chester were not kept...I recall Jackie (the
lady at the sanctuary) say that the owner changed her mind and decided she
could not keep them...What an ordeal that must have been for them! I promise
here and now that they have a permanent home with us and we will make them
all feel welcome and they will be loved.
James was good whilst we were there and yes kittens are cute and adorable but
he didn't pester us as he already knew that we were not going to have any.
The longest cat who had been with them was 2 years, sad but it wants to be an
only cat with no children so I could not help :-(
I do hope someone can.
I have been urging people to go, but it is when they feel the time is right.
Sorry to waffle on in no apparant order to your mail.
Moving on about my husband and Porcha, he said to me last night that she
reminded him of Molly (his 15 year old cat who died back in March). I hope
she lasts as long as Molly, hopefully longer.
The cats have no behavioural problems or physical problems.
Oh is it called FIV - sorry. Yeah my sister in law has 2 cats with the
condition Jazz and Jerry they are lovely.

Big puss and little puss - bless.

We have only ever had 2 cats which have been black 'Sludge' back in the 80's
and more recently 'Jordan' who sadly passed away (he was mainly my brothers
cat, but my Mum housed him)!
My Mum is fantastic as she loves animals and would never ever cause any harm
to them. I sent her pics of our new additions and she loved them.
Oh yes I was brought up with Cows, hens, geese, ducks, cats, dogs, fish,
terrapins, sheep...erm I think that is all. One thing I was never bothered
about was horses, we never had any....However my other sister in law has them
so that is good.
Have I rambled on too much yet?
quote: -
I went straight into the link that you provided for us, & see exactly why
>they called to you. My guess is that Chester & Charlie batted their eye lids
>@ you too? Porcha was ever so pretty too!
I am learning LOL - anyway on to this I did not have to meet them to know
they were the cats for me. That sometimes is a blessing as it is first
impressions hey? Chester just let me stroke him and it was so cute.
They are really soft Jackie told us - characters.

Yes I know and aware that Rover will be hostile - when I get them all here I
will see how it goes and I will call on you all for help!
Jackie says you introduce the new cats to him not the other way round as he
is the boss???

Ringo is a superstar...I am going to try and find all my cat pictures from
the past so you can see them all.
I understand what you mean about cats in or cats out, but it is what I am
used to. I confess though that we do not have a cat flap, so Rover is either
in or out but that is his character and god forbid if anything tragic like
what happend to Ringo or Jack happens to him coz I would feel bad....Sorry
that the cruel people of this society would do something like that....Where
are you from then Sheelagh is it down south?

I am going to do a photo hunt now for you all which will probably take me
hours as I am an avid animal photographer LOL.

Take care
Clare x

sheelagh >"o"< wrote:
> [...]
>made me grin!!
>I'm certain it has made loads of us grin actually. Not everyone posts all the
>time- preferring to read, & only contribute when something close to their
>hearts appears. So loads of people will see this & think of you, which is why
>it is always so good when people come back to tell us how things are going.
>Remember, it doesn't matter what time of the day or night, if you want to
>talk to someone about anything that is worrying you about them, then just let
>your fingers do the talking, & someone will respond usually.
>
>it looks like your little lad has a lot to look forward to (as do both you &
>your husband too;o)...
>We can't wait for the photo's, stories & news of course too- And thank you
>for taking the time to read this as well
>Best of luck, hope you enjoy your hols, & can't wait for more news on you all,

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 06:50 PM
Great pics of Little Devil and Coco, they seem like top class characters!
Yes we have homed 3 because 'why not' we have the love and we have the rescue
instinct :-)
2 weeks to go and my new babies will be here, hopefully not hiding away I
want them around me for lots of kisses and cuddles.

Clare x

mariib wrote:
>>Hi Sheelagh
>>Got some great news we visited the cats and wow were they all great.
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>day after bank holiday Monday :-)
>>Clare x
>
>You've done very well indeed Clare & the 3 kitties look like they will be
>great additions to your family. I would be asking the shelter why Charlie &
>Chester were returned just to know for your own information, but trust your
>judgement on your own impressions of them. The 2 beauties I have right now
>were both previously adopted & returned - Little Devil, my tuxedo boy was
>dumped in a box & left out in the rain late in the night in my vet's parking
>lot & was found the next morning. And Coco, I'm his 4th & final owner & he's
>kind-of cream & white colored & I got Coco(puff) when he was around 4-6
>months old. Both of these kitties are wonderful & I can't imagine why their
>previous owners didn't want them. Well, Little Devil is a high-energy devil
>but he's adorable.
>
>Take your time introducing them & many people here can advise you if you need
>some help. Looking forward to hearing about all your cats. BTW, I've also
>always gone & got a new kitty after the death of any of my cats & all mine
>have lived at least 15 years. You can see Little Devil & Coco on webshots
>http://pets.webshots.com/album/547068108fIJykY or by searching on webshots
>under my screen name mariib
>M.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 10:06 PM
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/saxrocco/?start=0&mediafilter=images

check the above link out - hopefully it has worked. Past and present pets
mine and my husbands...More of mine though I have to say as I get snap happy.
Make sure you all check them out they are really cute.

Said I would do it and it has taken me a few hours :-)
take care
Clare x

Sheelagh >o< wrote:
>> >I have a cat that looks just like Charlie ( @ least I think it is Charlie
>> >rather than Chester?)
>[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]

>He is doing ever so well thanks. For the first 2 months after the
>shooting & he got home, he wouldn't go out.-Not even into the garden,
>but after the cat run was built, we went out there into it & took him
>with us. He used to follow us around in there, then cry to come back
>indoors after 10 minutes. Slowly, we have been building in that time,
>& now he is happy to go out there as long as a couple of the others
>(cats) are out there with him.
>
>Yes, he has lost a bit of weight. Not quite so barrel shaped anymore.
>The vet put him on a diet, which he was not very impressed about,
>however he is now his right weight, & we have allowed him back onto
>his normal chow again. His favourites are Whiskers super meat (rabbit
>flavour!), & Iams dry.
>
>I'd say that other than the loss of the use of his eye, he is just
>slightly more nervous of people. When he first moved in with us, he
>was a very confident puss cat & would head rub anyone-but now, he
>waits to be invited. The only other way I could describe it, is that
>he looks like he is hiding behind his mummy's skirts pleats, Lol!! He
>was very lucky that time ( & so were we for that matter)
>
>I just checked out unlocking email addresses, & had to tell you not to
>worry about yours. You can do it on google if you look @ profiles, If
>the person you are trying to contact has an account with them, but not
>otherwise as far as I know, but not on Cat KB, so don't worry!
>
>Having Ringo Super Star back to his normal self is wonderful. As you
>can imagine, Ross is delighted too. Great to hear from you,
>Sheelagh>"o"<

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 14th 07, 01:40 PM
saxrocco wrote:
> [...]
>used to. I confess though that we do not have a cat flap, so Rover is either
>in or out but that is his character and god forbid if anything tragic like
>what happend to Ringo or Jack happens to him coz I would feel bad....Sorry
>that the cruel people of this society would do something like that....Where
>are you from then Sheelagh is it down south?
>
>I am going to do a photo hunt now for you all which will probably take me
>hours as I am an avid animal photographer LOL.
>
>Take care
>Clare x
>
>>>Hi Sheelagh
>>>Got some great news we visited the cats and wow were they all great. A
>[quoted text clipped - 185 lines]
>>
>>Sheelagh >"o"<

>Yes it was nice to get the pick of them. They are worth every penny £60 each
>but they have had their vaccinations and have been doctored!

Your right, it costs me £55 just to have their inoculations up to date, on
each cat!

>Commenting on why Charlie and Chester were not kept...I recall Jackie (the
>lady at the sanctuary) say that the owner changed her mind and decided she
>could not keep them...What an ordeal that must have been for them! I promise
>here and now that they have a permanent home with us and we will make them
>all feel welcome and they will be loved.

I think it's rotten when people mess the cats around like that. It must make
them feel so insecure!

>The cats have no behavioural problems or physical problems.
>Oh is it called FIV - sorry. Yeah my sister in law has 2 cats with the
>condition Jazz and Jerry they are lovely.

My advice is look up the disease up in the Internet. Just google the words
feline FIV.

>Moving on about my husband and Porcha, he said to me last night that she
>reminded him of Molly (his 15 year old cat who died back in March). I hope
>she lasts as long as Molly, hopefully longer.

LOL, I did notice that there is a tendency towards Molly's in your photo's.
Mind you, they were all lovely :o)

>I am learning LOL - anyway on to this I did not have to meet them to know
>they were the cats for me. That sometimes is a blessing as it is first
>impressions hey? Chester just let me stroke him and it was so cute.
>They are really soft Jackie told us - characters.

I know what you mean. There have been many times that the photo of the cat
has been enough for me to go and pick them up & re-home them with people that
I know will keep them for life. The good coat condition, indicates that they
have been treated well & cared for too.

>Yes I know and aware that Rover will be hostile - when I get them all here I
>will see how it goes and I will call on you all for help!
>Jackie says you introduce the new cats to him not the other way round as he
>is the boss???

this is very true. The best person here to advise you on slow introduction,
would be Mary L. She has two wonderful cats called Holly ( a solid black), &
Duffy, who is blind, so she had to take things very carefully. It worked
though, & both cats are fantastic friends...)

>Ringo is a superstar...I am going to try and find all my cat pictures from
>the past so you can see them all.
>I understand what you mean about cats in or cats out, but it is what I am
>used to. I confess though that we do not have a cat flap, so Rover is either
>in or out but that is his character and god forbid if anything tragic like
>what happend to Ringo or Jack happens to him coz I would feel bad....Sorry
>that the cruel people of this society would do something like that....Where
>are you from then Sheelagh is it down south?

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RINGOTHESPICEMOG

By the time I posted this morning, you had already put your past beauty's &
present ones too. I must say that Donny was ever such a sweet kitten. I loved
the Molly's- In fact, all of them were good. I'm the same, I'm an utter
hoarder when it comes to photos I'm afraid :o)

The indoor outdoor debate is a bit of a hot spot here & has caused many
arguments on here. Because we all come from different countries where the
practise of how you keep your cat is different, we all feel passionately, &
it is something that "I feel should be a personal choice".

In the USA, which the vast majority of posters here are, you will find that
they have strong feelings about keeping cats indoors where they are safe from
other humans (i.e: getting run over, pinched, or simply abused.)

However, I do understand exactly what you mean. Thus far, I have always let
my cats roam as they pleased, that is until Ringo got shot in the meadow
behind our house, & one of the kittens that we homed, was killed in a similar
fashion.. This made me personally, we asses my options & I decided that the
best option available to "me & our cat's", So I built a huge new run outside
with activity centers for them, so they got a bit of the best of both worlds.
I felt guilty taking away their liberty, yet @ the same time, I was too
worride that I might loose one after the Ringo incident- so this was my happy
medium. Everyone has their own, & as long as you don't inflict your choice on
anyone else, then the status quo stays good.

I live in East Anglia, in Cambridgeshire.
Are you from the North?
Sheelagh>"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

August 22nd 07, 02:03 AM
On Aug 6, 10:24 am, "saxrocco" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi
> I have been searching the net for answers and advice.
> I have had cats all my life and I will always have them, but what I am about
> to write has really shocked us.
>
> On Saturday we took our long haired tom cat called 'Donny' to be groomed as
> he was full of lugs and we thought he would feel better. We went back for
> him a few hours later but he wasn't finished, we hung around and heard him
> meow a couple of times.
> One of the ladies came out to us and said that he had been stressing. My
> husband went in as I waited outside with our 6 year old son.
> Minutes later I was asked to go in the room to where my husband had Donny in
> his arms. He was floppy and his eyes were staring.
> The lady who groomed him had said up until that point he had been the best
> cat they had had as normally they are scratching and etching to get away.
> I was speaking to him like normal to then realise he was not moving so we
> placed him on the table to where the lady gave him heart massage and mouth to
> mouth.
> Nothing could be done, he was only 5 so we were all shocked and deeply upset.
> He didn't seem ill although he was sleeping on our bedroom floor a lot next
> to our bed and he used to stick his tongue out a lot which we found cute and
> funny.
> Unsure if he may be had a heart attack? One eye was staring and the other
> was rolled.
> His teeth have always not been white but in the past the vet wasn't concerned,
> she advised that we used some special cat toothpaste to which we did a couple
> of times. May be it was an infection?
> I am just wanting to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar?
> We brought him home and buried him, we did not want to get him checked out
> with the vet as it would have been more traumatic.
> We hold no remorse to the lady that groomed him she tried her best to revive
> him and was deeply sorry - she had never had a cat die on her so it was not
> only traumatic for us but for her and her staff as well.
>
> I have just put the phone down from my husband who had de-registered Donny
> from the vets and they think he might have had a weak heart...
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Did you get my e-mail?

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 22nd 07, 01:08 PM
Hi
No I have not had an email, I have just checked from work.

Clare