PDA

View Full Version : High CPK

JillM
August 11th 07, 01:56 PM
My cat has lost a termendous amount of weight and is virtually skin and bones.
He is playful and begs for food so I feed him more often than I used to. He
is 18 years old. At his last visit the vet put him on antibiotics b/c his
CPK levels were extremely high....they have not rechecked yet but he is soo
skinny. Any ideas?

Phil P.
August 11th 07, 02:04 PM
"JillM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> My cat has lost a termendous amount of weight and is virtually skin and
bones.
> He is playful and begs for food so I feed him more often than I used to.
He
> is 18 years old. At his last visit the vet put him on antibiotics b/c his
> CPK levels were extremely high....they have not rechecked yet but he is
soo
> skinny. Any ideas?

Have his T4 checked for hyperthyroidism. I assume his last blood test
included glucose levels. If not have that checked too.

Phil