PDA

View Full Version : Ping Bookie


sheelagh >\o\
August 12th 07, 06:53 PM
Hello!
When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
think what you must feel like, LOl?!! His very name brings up childhood
memories of Peter Rabbit trying to scarper away from Mr MC Gregor with his
precious hoe in hand & one very fat groaning bunny, who was too fat to fit
under the rake.... It indicates that in his younger days, we was a bit of a
chancer. however, I doubt that he was ever a Cad though.....( He doesn't look
like he ever had it in him.)

I keep wondering what the girls will think of him, & whether he will try
pinching radiator beds @ the first given opportunity? Did he approve of you
when you went to meet him, & is he a leader, or a follower/swallower? Does he
have any problems @ all ( the pure gentlemen type of course!!?- gout ect- too
much port & so on), & what is his character like, most of all? I can't wait
to meet him you know!!

Sheelagh >"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1

bookie
August 13th 07, 01:09 AM
On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello!
> When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
> think what you must feel like, LOl?!! His very name brings up childhood
> memories of Peter Rabbit trying to scarper away from Mr MC Gregor with his
> precious hoe in hand & one very fat groaning bunny, who was too fat to fit
> under the rake.... It indicates that in his younger days, we was a bit of a
> chancer. however, I doubt that he was ever a Cad though.....( He doesn't look
> like he ever had it in him.)
>
> I keep wondering what the girls will think of him, & whether he will try
> pinching radiator beds @ the first given opportunity? Did he approve of you
> when you went to meet him, & is he a leader, or a follower/swallower? Does he
> have any problems @ all ( the pure gentlemen type of course!!?- gout ect- too
> much port & so on), & what is his character like, most of all? I can't wait
> to meet him you know!!
>
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> --
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1

i haven't been able to pick him up yet! have been away for the last 3
days so been unabel to go roudn and collect him; friday spent whoel
day going to manchester and back (took 4 hours to drive home, utter
nightmare, noone north of birmingham seems to be able to drive
properly) and got home late and too shatered so crashed out, saturday
at a regatta whole day and today had awful hangover.

i want to be able to spend some time with him when he first arrives to
help him settle in and to head off any major slanging matches between
him and jessie. It just didn't feel right bringing him home on
thursday night and then me buggering off and leaving the poor fellow
to his own devices straight away, maybe i am just worrying though.
Hopefully pick him up in next day or so, have to get some usual stuff
like extra litter tray etc beore I do though. i did think about
getting another radiator hammock just for him, but then I think we
will also have to build a ramp or something so he can actually get
into it; he is not the most spritely of fellows and really rather
plumptious, jumping is not really in his skills set i suspect.

I can;t wait to get him home and comb his fur and get him comfy and
clean him up and show him the garden and stuff, he looked sooooooooooo
sad and sorry for himself when we left the fosterers house. He is a
real sweetie and just a big teddybear who just wants someone to love
him and sit with him, it woudl take someone with a VERY hard heart to
not feel sorry for the poor little sausage.

he doesn't have any medical issues , apart from being incredibly fat,
so i will ahve to exercise him a fair bit, might have to resort to
dragging him around the cul-de-sac on a lead and harness some
evenings. The things he needs most right now is a big dollop of TLC

bookie

bookie
August 14th 07, 01:16 PM
On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello!
> When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
> think what you must feel like, LOl?!! His very name brings up childhood
> memories of Peter Rabbit trying to scarper away from Mr MC Gregor with his
> precious hoe in hand & one very fat groaning bunny, who was too fat to fit
> under the rake.... It indicates that in his younger days, we was a bit of a
> chancer. however, I doubt that he was ever a Cad though.....( He doesn't look
> like he ever had it in him.)
>
> I keep wondering what the girls will think of him, & whether he will try
> pinching radiator beds @ the first given opportunity? Did he approve of you
> when you went to meet him, & is he a leader, or a follower/swallower? Does he
> have any problems @ all ( the pure gentlemen type of course!!?- gout ect- too
> much port & so on), & what is his character like, most of all? I can't wait
> to meet him you know!!
>
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> --
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1

he's here! and currently hiding behind an armchair in the front room,
having been hissed at a lot last night by 2 female kitties both half
his size or less. he is such a poof.

gave him a good brush and comb last night when he got here and got
out so much loose hair. i did have a love glove but it is old and
perished and the stipples have starting falling out so will ahve to
get another one, i think he will like on of those.
will also have toget a feliway diffuser soon to put off world war 3
starting
bookie

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 14th 07, 02:07 PM
bookie wrote:
>On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello!
>> When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>>
>> Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1
>
>he's here! and currently hiding behind an armchair in the front room,
>having been hissed at a lot last night by 2 female kitties both half
>his size or less. he is such a poof.
>
>gave him a good brush and comb last night when he got here and got
>out so much loose hair. i did have a love glove but it is old and
>perished and the stipples have starting falling out so will ahve to
>get another one, i think he will like on of those.
>will also have toget a feliway diffuser soon to put off world war 3
>starting
>bookie

Oh Bless him!!
Poor fellow, @ least he has the intelligence to stay right out of the girl's
way. I bet he enjoyed a good old rub off when you got him home too? I had to
laugh @ the remark regarding getting him getting into the radiator bed. Poor
old codger, hey?
I'm delighted that you have got him @ home long last. I have a feeling this
is going to be a good partnership, & I also hope that it's for many years too.

Head Rubs & leg weaves to him,
Sheelagh >"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1

Sheelagh >o
August 14th 07, 06:11 PM
On 14 Aug, 14:07, "sheelagh via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> bookie wrote:
> >On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Hello!
> >> When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
> >[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>
> >> Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1
>
> >he's here! and currently hiding behind an armchair in the front room,
> >having been hissed at a lot last night by 2 female kitties both half
> >his size or less. he is such a poof.
>
> >gave him a good brush and comb last night when he got here and got
> >out so much loose hair. i did have a love glove but it is old and
> >perished and the stipples have starting falling out so will ahve to
> >get another one, i think he will like on of those.
> >will also have toget a feliway diffuser soon to put off world war 3
> >starting
> >bookie
>
> Oh Bless him!!
> Poor fellow, @ least he has the intelligence to stay right out of the girl's
> way. I bet he enjoyed a good old rub off when you got him home too? I had to
> laugh @ the remark regarding getting him getting into the radiator bed. Poor
> old codger, hey?
> I'm delighted that you have got him @ home long last. I have a feeling this
> is going to be a good partnership, & I also hope that it's for many years too.
>
> Head Rubs & leg weaves to him,
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> --
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

I forgot to add that we will require photographs of him too. No doubt
stretching from one side of the bed to the other, in an attempt to
keep it all warm for you of course! Mind you, what Jessie & Terri have
to say about the subject matter is a different thing altogether. Might
I suggest a nice comfortable corner in the bedroom, lined with a
fleece under-blanket, for his comfort, just in case the girls don't
think this is such a brilliant idea?

Poor Portly fellow. Yes, reins are a very good idea if you are
considering his girth. It's for his own good, even though he won't
believe you. Mind you, after you have dragged him around the cul-de-
sac, he might get used to the idea of walking off his steak & kidney
pudding(one can hope, after all?)

I would have a private word in his ear, & tell him that if he feels
slightly out numbered, he can always sleep on the big bouncy bed
across the landing, & advise him that he can rest all over it, in fact
stretch all over it) to his hearts content. It won't take too long
until your house mate gets the message & buys him one of the wonderful
snuggley igloo type house/beds full of fleece & just right for his
tender little (well, large..), backside? Just a thought! I know that
he has his own little convenience to spend a penny, so why not a nice
Igloo or even one of those four poster type beds. I'm certain he would
be delighted with it- all enclosed with no females to nag him!! I'm
sure that the Feliway diffuser will be of great help here as well.

Can't wait for the next instalment,

Sheelagh >"o"<
PS: Head rubs to all 3 of them :o)

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 17th 07, 02:25 PM
bookie wrote:
>On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello!
>> When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>>
>> Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1
>
>i haven't been able to pick him up yet! have been away for the last 3
>days so been unabel to go roudn and collect him; friday spent whoel
>day going to manchester and back (took 4 hours to drive home, utter
>nightmare, noone north of birmingham seems to be able to drive
>properly) and got home late and too shatered so crashed out, saturday
>at a regatta whole day and today had awful hangover.
>
>i want to be able to spend some time with him when he first arrives to
>help him settle in and to head off any major slanging matches between
>him and jessie. It just didn't feel right bringing him home on
>thursday night and then me buggering off and leaving the poor fellow
>to his own devices straight away, maybe i am just worrying though.
>Hopefully pick him up in next day or so, have to get some usual stuff
>like extra litter tray etc beore I do though. i did think about
>getting another radiator hammock just for him, but then I think we
>will also have to build a ramp or something so he can actually get
>into it; he is not the most spritely of fellows and really rather
>plumptious, jumping is not really in his skills set i suspect.
>
>I can;t wait to get him home and comb his fur and get him comfy and
>clean him up and show him the garden and stuff, he looked sooooooooooo
>sad and sorry for himself when we left the fosterers house. He is a
>real sweetie and just a big teddybear who just wants someone to love
>him and sit with him, it woudl take someone with a VERY hard heart to
>not feel sorry for the poor little sausage.
>
>he doesn't have any medical issues , apart from being incredibly fat,
>so i will ahve to exercise him a fair bit, might have to resort to
>dragging him around the cul-de-sac on a lead and harness some
>evenings. The things he needs most right now is a big dollop of TLC
>
>bookie

I was wondering how life at 2 mistresses & Master's is going?
Have we got harmony yet, or is it still very early days?
Sheealgh >"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1

bookie
August 17th 07, 11:45 PM
On 17 Aug, 14:25, "sheelagh via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> bookie wrote:
> >On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Hello!
> >> When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
> >[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>
> >> Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1
>
> >i haven't been able to pick him up yet! have been away for the last 3
> >days so been unabel to go roudn and collect him; friday spent whoel
> >day going to manchester and back (took 4 hours to drive home, utter
> >nightmare, noone north of birmingham seems to be able to drive
> >properly) and got home late and too shatered so crashed out, saturday
> >at a regatta whole day and today had awful hangover.
>
> >i want to be able to spend some time with him when he first arrives to
> >help him settle in and to head off any major slanging matches between
> >him and jessie. It just didn't feel right bringing him home on
> >thursday night and then me buggering off and leaving the poor fellow
> >to his own devices straight away, maybe i am just worrying though.
> >Hopefully pick him up in next day or so, have to get some usual stuff
> >like extra litter tray etc beore I do though. i did think about
> >getting another radiator hammock just for him, but then I think we
> >will also have to build a ramp or something so he can actually get
> >into it; he is not the most spritely of fellows and really rather
> >plumptious, jumping is not really in his skills set i suspect.
>
> >I can;t wait to get him home and comb his fur and get him comfy and
> >clean him up and show him the garden and stuff, he looked sooooooooooo
> >sad and sorry for himself when we left the fosterers house. He is a
> >real sweetie and just a big teddybear who just wants someone to love
> >him and sit with him, it woudl take someone with a VERY hard heart to
> >not feel sorry for the poor little sausage.
>
> >he doesn't have any medical issues , apart from being incredibly fat,
> >so i will ahve to exercise him a fair bit, might have to resort to
> >dragging him around the cul-de-sac on a lead and harness some
> >evenings. The things he needs most right now is a big dollop of TLC
>
> >bookie
>
> I was wondering how life at 2 mistresses & Master's is going?
> Have we got harmony yet, or is it still very early days?
> Sheealgh >"o"<
>
> --
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

mr mcgregor has only just started to venture out form behind the
armchair inthe front room, occasionally gonig into the back room to be
hissed at by terri who has decided that it si her domain, then crawl
back behind a chair again.

this evening I found him at one end of the long back room sitting
under the dining table, with terri at the other end, just sat in the
litter tray, both of them staring at each other. I knew what she was
up to, she was so obviously 'guarding it' to prevent him form using it
(naughty little madam) in a kind of psychological bullying tactic, so
i picked her up out of it and dumped her in a her bed in the front
room so she could watch big brother with us and let Mr McG use the
tray, which he promptly did as soon as she was hauled out of it. What
a cheeky little girl eh? I never thought she had it in her to hiss at
anythign or bully another cat as she has been so submissive to jessie,
but she has hissed at Mr McG and guarded the litter tray, such a
different character.

it is obvious that the pecking order in now; jessie at the top, terri
in the middle, and Mr McG at the bottom (poor boy). i have got in a
feliway diffuser inthe backroom so hopefully that will have an effect
in a week or 2.

Terri and Mr McG are asleep inthe front room now, him on a big squishy
cushion on the floor, her in her round doughnut bed on an armchair.
Jessie is still staying upstairs in her 'penthouse'. though i doubt
they will ever all start snuggling up together, it woudl be nice if
they all got on a bit better to some extent, and hopefully the
diffuser will help matters.
I wil try to get some pictures soon, be warned though; he is a big
boy, built for comfort and not for speed.

emily

Rhonda[_3_]
August 21st 07, 06:53 AM
Awww, I'm glad he's sleeping on a comfy cushion instead of being in a
little cage at the shelter. That's wonderful that you like to take in
the old kitties who have less of a chance.

Hope they all get to be good friends.

Rhonda

bookie wrote:

> Terri and Mr McG are asleep inthe front room now, him on a big squishy
> cushion on the floor, her in her round doughnut bed on an armchair.
> Jessie is still staying upstairs in her 'penthouse'. though i doubt
> they will ever all start snuggling up together, it woudl be nice if
> they all got on a bit better to some extent, and hopefully the
> diffuser will help matters.
> I wil try to get some pictures soon, be warned though; he is a big
> boy, built for comfort and not for speed.
>
> emily
>

bookie
August 21st 07, 03:34 PM
On 21 Aug, 06:53, Rhonda > wrote:
> Awww, I'm glad he's sleeping on a comfy cushion instead of being in a
> little cage at the shelter. That's wonderful that you like to take in
> the old kitties who have less of a chance.
>
> Hope they all get to be good friends.
>
> Rhonda
>
>
>
> bookie wrote:
> > Terri and Mr McG are asleep inthe front room now, him on a big squishy
> > cushion on the floor, her in her round doughnut bed on an armchair.
> > Jessie is still staying upstairs in her 'penthouse'. though i doubt
> > they will ever all start snuggling up together, it woudl be nice if
> > they all got on a bit better to some extent, and hopefully the
> > diffuser will help matters.
> > I wil try to get some pictures soon, be warned though; he is a big
> > boy, built for comfort and not for speed.
>
> > emily- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

he is huge so thankfully we have some old sofa cushions for him, nice
big squishy feather ones my mum kept from an old sofa they threw out,
the cats love them unsurprisingly.

the story of him is not great ; he had a fairly lovely first 15 years
with his mum who was a cat fosterer and then when she died he was
taken in by cats prtection with his chum who was a bit younger and so
got homed quicker. He was eventually homed by some woman who a few
months later moved her old mother in with her cos the old bat was
unable to look after herself in her own house (or something), anyway
the old bat decided that she didn't like having the cat in the house
so poor mr mcgregor was made to live outside in the garden for a few
months (thank god it was after it got warmer) until the woman who had
adopted him finally realised that this coudl not continue and rang
Cats Protection to tell them that she didn't want him anymore (novelty
had worn off basically).

he went back into a pen in one of the fosterers back gardens for a few
months again and I didn;t knwo about this until they put his picture
in the local paper and I rang her up to ask what was happening with
him. I think we (current fosterer and myself) are both kind of annoyed
with fact that he went to this other woman instead of me in the first
place as I did ring up about him when he first went the CP for
adoption but this other woman took him first. The people at the CP
know that I had a previous cat from them (jasper) who was old and
stuff so i had hoped that that might have swayed them to let me have
him in preference the first time round but mabe they thought he woudl
be better off in a home without other cats as i already had jessie at
that time.

still it sorted itself out inthe end and mr mcg is coming along quite
nicely, his fur is cleaning up, his dandruff has already gone in just
a week, i cleaned his ears out today (they were disgusting!) clipped
his back claws, and he has generally had lots of fuss from everyone
here (well humans anyway) and hopefully he is starting to feel
comfortable.

he is such a sausage, he would not hurt a fly, he is just a big fatso
who just wants someone to love him and somewhere cosy and warm to
sleep. I really can't understand why people did not want him or why
this other woman lost interest or why her horrid old ma insisted the
poor sausage be thrown outside, how bloody cruel is that? would she
like it if she were made to live outside inthe cold and wet?

as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
face, i just want to hug him lots

bookie

Sheelagh >o
August 21st 07, 05:22 PM
On 21 Aug, 15:34, bookie > wrote:
> On 21 Aug, 06:53, Rhonda > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Awww, I'm glad he's sleeping on a comfy cushion instead of being in a
> > little cage at the shelter. That's wonderful that you like to take in
> > the old kitties who have less of a chance.
>
> > Hope they all get to be good friends.
>
> > Rhonda
>
> > bookie wrote:
> > > Terri and Mr McG are asleep inthe front room now, him on a big squishy
> > > cushion on the floor, her in her round doughnut bed on an armchair.
> > > Jessie is still staying upstairs in her 'penthouse'. though i doubt
> > > they will ever all start snuggling up together, it woudl be nice if
> > > they all got on a bit better to some extent, and hopefully the
> > > diffuser will help matters.
> > > I wil try to get some pictures soon, be warned though; he is a big
> > > boy, built for comfort and not for speed.
>
> > > emily- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> he is huge so thankfully we have some old sofa cushions for him, nice
> big squishy feather ones my mum kept from an old sofa they threw out,
> the cats love them unsurprisingly.
>
> the story of him is not great ; he had a fairly lovely first 15 years
> with his mum who was a cat fosterer and then when she died he was
> taken in by cats prtection with his chum who was a bit younger and so
> got homed quicker. He was eventually homed by some woman who a few
> months later moved her old mother in with her cos the old bat was
> unable to look after herself in her own house (or something), anyway
> the old bat decided that she didn't like having the cat in the house
> so poor mr mcgregor was made to live outside in the garden for a few
> months (thank god it was after it got warmer) until the woman who had
> adopted him finally realised that this coudl not continue and rang
> Cats Protection to tell them that she didn't want him anymore (novelty
> had worn off basically).
>
> he went back into a pen in one of the fosterers back gardens for a few
> months again and I didn;t knwo about this until they put his picture
> in the local paper and I rang her up to ask what was happening with
> him. I think we (current fosterer and myself) are both kind of annoyed
> with fact that he went to this other woman instead of me in the first
> place as I did ring up about him when he first went the CP for
> adoption but this other woman took him first. The people at the CP
> know that I had a previous cat from them (jasper) who was old and
> stuff so i had hoped that that might have swayed them to let me have
> him in preference the first time round but mabe they thought he woudl
> be better off in a home without other cats as i already had jessie at
> that time.
>
> still it sorted itself out inthe end and mr mcg is coming along quite
> nicely, his fur is cleaning up, his dandruff has already gone in just
> a week, i cleaned his ears out today (they were disgusting!) clipped
> his back claws, and he has generally had lots of fuss from everyone
> here (well humans anyway) and hopefully he is starting to feel
> comfortable.
>
> he is such a sausage, he would not hurt a fly, he is just a big fatso
> who just wants someone to love him and somewhere cosy and warm to
> sleep. I really can't understand why people did not want him or why
> this other woman lost interest or why her horrid old ma insisted the
> poor sausage be thrown outside, how bloody cruel is that? would she
> like it if she were made to live outside inthe cold and wet?
>
> as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
> right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
> face, i just want to hug him lots
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Stupid old bat...
Makes you wonder whether (some) humans deserve cats company @ times,
doesn't it?
Anyway, great to hear the background, infuriating to hear they made
such a cock up in the first place, but delighted that all's well that
ends well in this case.

I'm delighted the old boy has decided that it is time to investigate
his new pad, & isn't too intimidated by the ladies to claim his patch.
Bless him, he does have a rather wide girth, but the again, that's
part of what makes him who he is. @ his age in life, one doesn't need
to worry about the minor things in life. I'm certain he is just
delighted to be out of a cage, out of the rain & nice and comfy on
your lap having strokes, combs and cuddles... we can worry about
loosing a few pounds when things are more settled. Has he shown any
inkling as to whether he would prefer an outside trip, or is he an
inside man?

He looks like a real treasure, bless him :o)
Sheelagh>"o"<

Rhonda[_3_]
August 26th 07, 09:18 PM
bookie wrote:

> as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
> right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
> face, i just want to hug him lots


Bookie, did you post any pics yet and I missed them? I'd love to see him.

Rhonda

bookie
August 26th 07, 11:42 PM
On 26 Aug, 21:18, Rhonda > wrote:
> bookie wrote:
> > as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> > come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
> > right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
> > face, i just want to hug him lots
>
> Bookie, did you post any pics yet and I missed them? I'd love to see him.
>
> Rhonda

no not yet, which is really slack of me as he has been with us for 2
weeks now, will take some photos tomorrow and try to put them up
thanks for reminding me as i also promised to take some and send them
to his fosterer at cats protection to show her how he is doing
(sleeping on an armchairs downstairs, snoring gently, he is such a
gentle giant)

bookie

Sheelagh >o
August 27th 07, 01:15 AM
On 26 Aug, 23:58, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 26 Aug, 21:18, Rhonda > wrote:
> >> bookie wrote:
> >> > as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> >> > come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
> >> > right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
> >> > face, i just want to hug him lots
>
> >> Bookie, did you post any pics yet and I missed them? I'd love to see him.
>
> >> Rhonda
>
> > no not yet, which is really slack of me as he has been with us for 2
> > weeks now, will take some photos tomorrow and try to put them up
> > thanks for reminding me as i also promised to take some and send them
> > to his foster at cats protection to show her how he is doing
> > (sleeping on an armchairs downstairs, snoring gently, he is such a
> > gentle giant)
>
> > bookie
>
> BAD CAT SLAVE :^)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Nothing gets past you Matthew, does it, Lol :o)
Sheelagh>"o"<

Sheelagh >o
August 27th 07, 06:00 PM
On 27 Aug, 02:19, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "Sheelagh >o<" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
>
>
> > On 26 Aug, 23:58, "Matthew" > wrote:
> >> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
> >> > On 26 Aug, 21:18, Rhonda > wrote:
> >> >> bookie wrote:
> >> >> > as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> >> >> > come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the
> >> >> > downstairs
> >> >> > right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his
> >> >> > sad
> >> >> > face, i just want to hug him lots
>
> >> >> Bookie, did you post any pics yet and I missed them? I'd love to see
> >> >> him.
>
> >> >> Rhonda
>
> >> > no not yet, which is really slack of me as he has been with us for 2
> >> > weeks now, will take some photos tomorrow and try to put them up
> >> > thanks for reminding me as i also promised to take some and send them
> >> > to his foster at cats protection to show her how he is doing
> >> > (sleeping on an armchairs downstairs, snoring gently, he is such a
> >> > gentle giant)
>
> >> > bookie
>
> >> BAD CAT SLAVE :^)- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> - Show quoted text -
>
> > Nothing gets past you Matthew, does it, Lol :o)
> > Sheelagh>"o"<
>
> I am old I can't let anything get by me. I won't have time to chase it down
> ;-)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

LOL :o)
I know how you feel!
Sheelagh>"o"<

bookie
August 28th 07, 01:33 AM
On 26 Aug, 23:58, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 26 Aug, 21:18, Rhonda > wrote:
> >> bookie wrote:
> >> > as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> >> > come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
> >> > right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
> >> > face, i just want to hug him lots
>
> >> Bookie, did you post any pics yet and I missed them? I'd love to see him.
>
> >> Rhonda
>
> > no not yet, which is really slack of me as he has been with us for 2
> > weeks now, will take some photos tomorrow and try to put them up
> > thanks for reminding me as i also promised to take some and send them
> > to his fosterer at cats protection to show her how he is doing
> > (sleeping on an armchairs downstairs, snoring gently, he is such a
> > gentle giant)
>
> > bookie
>
> BAD CAT SLAVE :^)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

i have just tried to take some photos ofhim whilst he was lyign on the
sofa in an amusing way withe his head rested onmy housemates foot, but
as soon as I opened the front of the camera he jumped off and ran
behind the sofa! he must be really camera shy.
i will get him tomorrow using stealth methods now I know he doesn't
like having his picture taken.

we have still go to get him a harness so we can take him outside and
make him exercise, a necessary evil cos he is quite portly and is
unlikely to exercise of his own volition it seems.

he is a really needy kind of cat though, always seems to be looking
for someone to stroke him or generally just be with him, very sweet
and total opposite to my other 2 who tend to ignore you unless they
are hungry.
bookie

Rhonda[_3_]
August 28th 07, 04:16 AM
bookie wrote:
>
> i have just tried to take some photos ofhim whilst he was lyign on the
> sofa in an amusing way withe his head rested onmy housemates foot, but
> as soon as I opened the front of the camera he jumped off and ran
> behind the sofa! he must be really camera shy.
> i will get him tomorrow using stealth methods now I know he doesn't
> like having his picture taken.
>
> we have still go to get him a harness so we can take him outside and
> make him exercise, a necessary evil cos he is quite portly and is
> unlikely to exercise of his own volition it seems.
>
> he is a really needy kind of cat though, always seems to be looking
> for someone to stroke him or generally just be with him, very sweet
> and total opposite to my other 2 who tend to ignore you unless they
> are hungry.
> bookie


We seem to have a couple of camera-shy cats like that -- even with a
quiet, digital camera. I'm getting better at taking pics without the flash.

Hope to see your cat one of these days...

Rhonda

Sheelagh >o
August 28th 07, 02:46 PM
On 28 Aug, 01:33, bookie > wrote:
> On 26 Aug, 23:58, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
> > > On 26 Aug, 21:18, Rhonda > wrote:
> > >> bookie wrote:
> > >> > as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> > >> > come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
> > >> > right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
> > >> > face, i just want to hug him lots
>
> > >> Bookie, did you post any pics yet and I missed them? I'd love to see him.
>
> > >> Rhonda
>
> > > no not yet, which is really slack of me as he has been with us for 2
> > > weeks now, will take some photos tomorrow and try to put them up
> > > thanks for reminding me as i also promised to take some and send them
> > > to his fosterer at cats protection to show her how he is doing
> > > (sleeping on an armchairs downstairs, snoring gently, he is such a
> > > gentle giant)
>
> > > bookie
>
> > BAD CAT SLAVE :^)- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> i have just tried to take some photos ofhim whilst he was lyign on the
> sofa in an amusing way withe his head rested onmy housemates foot, but
> as soon as I opened the front of the camera he jumped off and ran
> behind the sofa! he must be really camera shy.
> i will get him tomorrow using stealth methods now I know he doesn't
> like having his picture taken.
>
> we have still go to get him a harness so we can take him outside and
> make him exercise, a necessary evil cos he is quite portly and is
> unlikely to exercise of his own volition it seems.
>
> he is a really needy kind of cat though, always seems to be looking
> for someone to stroke him or generally just be with him, very sweet
> and total opposite to my other 2 who tend to ignore you unless they
> are hungry.
> bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Cats have this inner alarm signal that tell them there is a camera to
hand. Each time you pick this camera up, that alarm goes off like a
police siren & they jump up & move as fast as they possibly can, I am
convinced about this!

He sounds a real sweetie pie,
sheelagh >"o"<

bookie
August 28th 07, 04:45 PM
On 28 Aug, 14:46, "Sheelagh >o<" >
wrote:
> On 28 Aug, 01:33, bookie > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 26 Aug, 23:58, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> > > "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> > ps.com...
>
> > > > On 26 Aug, 21:18, Rhonda > wrote:
> > > >> bookie wrote:
> > > >> > as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> > > >> > come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
> > > >> > right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
> > > >> > face, i just want to hug him lots
>
> > > >> Bookie, did you post any pics yet and I missed them? I'd love to see him.
>
> > > >> Rhonda
>
> > > > no not yet, which is really slack of me as he has been with us for 2
> > > > weeks now, will take some photos tomorrow and try to put them up
> > > > thanks for reminding me as i also promised to take some and send them
> > > > to his fosterer at cats protection to show her how he is doing
> > > > (sleeping on an armchairs downstairs, snoring gently, he is such a
> > > > gentle giant)
>
> > > > bookie
>
> > > BAD CAT SLAVE :^)- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > i have just tried to take some photos ofhim whilst he was lyign on the
> > sofa in an amusing way withe his head rested onmy housemates foot, but
> > as soon as I opened the front of the camera he jumped off and ran
> > behind the sofa! he must be really camera shy.
> > i will get him tomorrow using stealth methods now I know he doesn't
> > like having his picture taken.
>
> > we have still go to get him a harness so we can take him outside and
> > make him exercise, a necessary evil cos he is quite portly and is
> > unlikely to exercise of his own volition it seems.
>
> > he is a really needy kind of cat though, always seems to be looking
> > for someone to stroke him or generally just be with him, very sweet
> > and total opposite to my other 2 who tend to ignore you unless they
> > are hungry.
> > bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> Cats have this inner alarm signal that tell them there is a camera to
> hand. Each time you pick this camera up, that alarm goes off like a
> police siren & they jump up & move as fast as they possibly can, I am
> convinced about this!
>
> He sounds a real sweetie pie,
> sheelagh >"o"<- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

thing is both jessie and terri behave in a totally opposite way to
him, as soon as a camera comes out they start stretching out and
posing and arranging themselves in the sleekest way on the carpet or
sofa, a right pair of divas. Jeissei particularly is good at pouting
at the camera, i reckon she was a supermodel in a previous life

Sheelagh >o
August 29th 07, 03:44 PM
On 28 Aug, 16:45, bookie > wrote:
> On 28 Aug, 14:46, "Sheelagh >o<" >
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 28 Aug, 01:33, bookie > wrote:
>
> > > On 26 Aug, 23:58, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> > > > "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> > > ps.com...
>
> > > > > On 26 Aug, 21:18, Rhonda > wrote:
> > > > >> bookie wrote:
> > > > >> > as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
> > > > >> > come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
> > > > >> > right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
> > > > >> > face, i just want to hug him lots
>
> > > > >> Bookie, did you post any pics yet and I missed them? I'd love to see him.
>
> > > > >> Rhonda
>
> > > > > no not yet, which is really slack of me as he has been with us for 2
> > > > > weeks now, will take some photos tomorrow and try to put them up
> > > > > thanks for reminding me as i also promised to take some and send them
> > > > > to his fosterer at cats protection to show her how he is doing
> > > > > (sleeping on an armchairs downstairs, snoring gently, he is such a
> > > > > gentle giant)
>
> > > > > bookie
>
> > > > BAD CAT SLAVE :^)- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > > i have just tried to take some photos ofhim whilst he was lyign on the
> > > sofa in an amusing way withe his head rested onmy housemates foot, but
> > > as soon as I opened the front of the camera he jumped off and ran
> > > behind the sofa! he must be really camera shy.
> > > i will get him tomorrow using stealth methods now I know he doesn't
> > > like having his picture taken.
>
> > > we have still go to get him a harness so we can take him outside and
> > > make him exercise, a necessary evil cos he is quite portly and is
> > > unlikely to exercise of his own volition it seems.
>
> > > he is a really needy kind of cat though, always seems to be looking
> > > for someone to stroke him or generally just be with him, very sweet
> > > and total opposite to my other 2 who tend to ignore you unless they
> > > are hungry.
> > > bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > Cats have this inner alarm signal that tell them there is a camera to
> > hand. Each time you pick this camera up, that alarm goes off like a
> > police siren & they jump up & move as fast as they possibly can, I am
> > convinced about this!
>
> > He sounds a real sweetie pie,
> > sheelagh >"o"<- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> thing is both jessie and terri behave in a totally opposite way to
> him, as soon as a camera comes out they start stretching out and
> posing and arranging themselves in the sleekest way on the carpet or
> sofa, a right pair of divas. Jeissei particularly is good at pouting
> at the camera, i reckon she was a supermodel in a previous life- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

So we have a Naomi Campbell & & Kt Moss in the making here, have we?
Paris Hilton, @ a push?!! Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I spend
half my life with a camera, or mobile phone in hand, just waiting to
capture that revealing moment...& what happens..? Yup, you've got it,
I push the button only to find that one of the kids has run the
battery utterly flat- the cat blows raspberries @ me, or they just
push off & laugh @ me on the way past. count yourself lucky that you
have two willing feline models! Mine just look @ me, & you can see
"Sucker" printed all over their furry smiles :o)

Actually, I have Jessie down as Margot Fontaine. A real precise mover,
you know what I mean. Perhaps, Mr Mc Gregor was a buddhist monk? You
never know!!
Sheelagh>"o"<

Sheelagh >o
September 6th 07, 04:22 PM
On 14 Aug, 13:16, bookie > wrote:
> On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Hello!
> > When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
> > think what you must feel like, LOl?!! His very name brings up childhood
> > memories of Peter Rabbit trying to scarper away from Mr MC Gregor with his
> > precious hoe in hand & one very fat groaning bunny, who was too fat to fit
> > under the rake.... It indicates that in his younger days, we was a bit of a
> > chancer. however, I doubt that he was ever a Cad though.....( He doesn't look
> > like he ever had it in him.)
>
> > I keep wondering what the girls will think of him, & whether he will try
> > pinching radiator beds @ the first given opportunity? Did he approve of you
> > when you went to meet him, & is he a leader, or a follower/swallower? Does he
> > have any problems @ all ( the pure gentlemen type of course!!?- gout ect- too
> > much port & so on), & what is his character like, most of all? I can't wait
> > to meet him you know!!
>
> > Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> > --
> > Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> > Message posted via CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1
>
> he's here! and currently hiding behind an armchair in the front room,
> having been hissed at a lot last night by 2 female kitties both half
> his size or less. he is such a poof.
>
> gave him a good brush and comb last night when he got here and got
> out so much loose hair. i did have a love glove but it is old and
> perished and the stipples have starting falling out so will ahve to
> get another one, i think he will like on of those.
> will also have toget a feliway diffuser soon to put off world war 3
> startingbookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Hi Bookie,
How is McGregor doing lately. I was thinking about you this morning
and wondering if the girls have accepted him any more since I last
spoke to you?
I hope that things are going well with your new age pensioners.....
Sheelagh >"o"<