PDA

View Full Version : RINGO

sheelagh >\o\
August 13th 07, 01:48 PM
Here are a few photos of Ringo now that we have a camera again. He is doing
very well indeed, considering he was shot @ almost point blank range. His
mobility is great, & he lost the sight of one eye, but seems to have
compensated quite well, & is very good at judging distances when he jumps.

Ringo is very shy now, not wanting to come forward unless he is invited to
come over for head rubs & leg weaves. Other than that, he hides behind
mummy's skirts & Ross's Jeans, until he is given the "all clear sign". Once
he has the all clear, he makes up for lost time though :o)

When the cat run went up, he would only go out there if someone accompanied
him & stayed out there with him too. Over time we have built up trust & time,
& he now doesn't mind being out there as long as there is feline company out
there with him.

He has also recently been on a diet, because he was getting a bit porky.
However, he is the right right for his size now, & he is back on normal chow,
& allowed to eat with the others too (It all started with him eating his
portion as well as everyone else's, when he got the chance to. now, he is
happy to settle for his own bowl.)
I suppose the question is: How does he know that is his bowl, & no one Else's?

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RINGOTHESPICEMOG

Ringo is doing really well & sends Purrs to all of his feline slave's &
friends. He also knows that he is a handsome chap, & doesn't mind reminding
you by doing the Roley Polly in front of you, rather like a dog would, Lol :o)

Sheelagh >"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

bonbon
August 13th 07, 03:01 PM
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:48:37 GMT, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Here are a few photos of Ringo now that we have a camera again. He is doing
>very well indeed, considering he was shot @ almost point blank range. His
>mobility is great, & he lost the sight of one eye, but seems to have
>compensated quite well, & is very good at judging distances when he jumps.
>
>Ringo is very shy now, not wanting to come forward unless he is invited to
>come over for head rubs & leg weaves. Other than that, he hides behind
>mummy's skirts & Ross's Jeans, until he is given the "all clear sign". Once
>he has the all clear, he makes up for lost time though :o)
>
>When the cat run went up, he would only go out there if someone accompanied
>him & stayed out there with him too. Over time we have built up trust & time,
>& he now doesn't mind being out there as long as there is feline company out
>there with him.
>
>He has also recently been on a diet, because he was getting a bit porky.
>However, he is the right right for his size now, & he is back on normal chow,
>& allowed to eat with the others too (It all started with him eating his
>portion as well as everyone else's, when he got the chance to. now, he is
>happy to settle for his own bowl.)
>I suppose the question is: How does he know that is his bowl, & no one Else's?
>

>http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RINGOTHESPICEMOG
>
>Ringo is doing really well & sends Purrs to all of his feline slave's &
>friends. He also knows that he is a handsome chap, & doesn't mind reminding
>you by doing the Roley Polly in front of you, rather like a dog would, Lol :o)
>

>Sheelagh >"o"<

I've just recently started reading the cat groups again, so forgive me
for being a little behind, but are you serious????? Someone actually
shot that beautiful cat? Some people really make me sick. Glad Ringo
is doing fine now. He's a real looker.

-bonbon

bookie
August 13th 07, 03:45 PM
On 13 Aug, 13:48, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Here are a few photos of Ringo now that we have a camera again. He is doing
> very well indeed, considering he was shot @ almost point blank range. His
> mobility is great, & he lost the sight of one eye, but seems to have
> compensated quite well, & is very good at judging distances when he jumps.
>
> Ringo is very shy now, not wanting to come forward unless he is invited to
> come over for head rubs & leg weaves. Other than that, he hides behind
> mummy's skirts & Ross's Jeans, until he is given the "all clear sign". Once
> he has the all clear, he makes up for lost time though :o)
>
> When the cat run went up, he would only go out there if someone accompanied
> him & stayed out there with him too. Over time we have built up trust & time,
> & he now doesn't mind being out there as long as there is feline company out
> there with him.
>
> He has also recently been on a diet, because he was getting a bit porky.
> However, he is the right right for his size now, & he is back on normal chow,
> & allowed to eat with the others too (It all started with him eating his
> portion as well as everyone else's, when he got the chance to. now, he is
> happy to settle for his own bowl.)
> I suppose the question is: How does he know that is his bowl, & no one Else's?
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RINGOTHESPICEMOG
>
> Ringo is doing really well & sends Purrs to all of his feline slave's &
> friends. He also knows that he is a handsome chap, & doesn't mind reminding
> you by doing the Roley Polly in front of you, rather like a dog would, Lol :o)
>
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> --
> Sheelagh >"o"<

he is just gorgeous isn't he? how could anyone want to hurt him? all i
want to do is scoop him up and cuddle him

bless his heart, still as beautiful as ever
bookie

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 06:51 PM
bonbon wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:48:37 GMT, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>Here are a few photos of Ringo now that we have a camera again. He is doing
>>very well indeed, considering he was shot @ almost point blank range. His
>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
>>
>>Sheelagh >"o"<
>
>I've just recently started reading the cat groups again, so forgive me
>for being a little behind, but are you serious????? Someone actually
>shot that beautiful cat? Some people really make me sick. Glad Ringo
>is doing fine now. He's a real looker.
>
> -bonbon

Yes, he was shot @ near point blank range twice. Once in the front right leg
( near his armpit), & once in the face too. He lost the sight in his right
eye, & his right leg was strapped up for weeks!! Not that you would have
noticed @ the speed that he was able to run with only 3 legs..!! We found out
that it was a couple of boys with a BB Gun, & Ringo was the target practise.
It was utterly sickening.....

They did get nobbled by the police, but got away with an official caution,
which means that they admitted liability, & it was decided that as they had
no previous history of violent crimes, they only got a rap on the knuckles
for it, & their parents had to cover the cost of our veterinary bills
incurred.

Ringo wasn't the only cat involved, there were several more, one of which
died instantly, & another that died a few days later. It was terrible, & made
me go into a rage I never thought possible. Poor old Wizard was the 1st to
die, then another cat, but I didn't know that family very well, so don't
remember what their feline friend was called. All in all, it was a wicked
thing to do, & I found it unforgivable.

He walked into our life about 10 months ago. He knocked on the front door
(seriously!!), & walked right in to our lives. He is actually my son's master.
Ross(16), who is also a red head, clicked with him straight away, & has been
Ringo's slave ever since. They talk, eat , sleep & play together, & are
inseparable whilst Ross [email protected] home.....

Actually, on the night that we went looking for him, it was Ross who found
him....

Ringo will now go out, but only if accompanied, or in the HUGE Cat pen in our
back garden, but then, only if he has feline company with him. Some scars are
very hard to get over, & this is one of them. He still favours his left fore
leg, & "seems" fine with his sight too. All in all, we were lucky in this
instance..
As you say, "who would want to hurt him"?

Thanx,
Sheelagh >"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 06:56 PM
bookie wrote:
>On 13 Aug, 13:48, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Here are a few photos of Ringo now that we have a camera again. He is doing
>> very well indeed, considering he was shot @ almost point blank range. His
>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]

>he is just gorgeous isn't he? how could anyone want to hurt him? all i
>want to do is scoop him up and cuddle him
>
>bless his heart, still as beautiful as ever
>bookie

He will be delighted when I tell him this Bookie, Lol...
He is handsome, but the problem is that he knows it too!!?

Ringo still does the dying fly when trying to introduce himself. There is a
pattern to this routine.
Roll over, bat eye lashes, then roll back so that you can reach to give him
Tummy- Tickles..Once this is established, then you may pet him all over for
as long as possible....
He is a right little (BIG) character....
Sheelagh >"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 06:59 PM
How sick using poor defenceless animals for target practice - a lot of people
would want to use them (boys) as it but you can't can you!
Ooh that has turned my stomach.
Ringo is adorable and a fighter - ah bless he is insperable from your son how
sweet!
Ross and Ringo are lucky to have each other - purrs from all of us :-)

Clare x

sheelagh wrote:
>>On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:48:37 GMT, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]>
>>wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>>
>> -bonbon
>
>Yes, he was shot @ near point blank range twice. Once in the front right leg
>( near his armpit), & once in the face too. He lost the sight in his right
>eye, & his right leg was strapped up for weeks!! Not that you would have
>noticed @ the speed that he was able to run with only 3 legs..!! We found out
>that it was a couple of boys with a BB Gun, & Ringo was the target practise.
>It was utterly sickening.....
>
>They did get nobbled by the police, but got away with an official caution,
>which means that they admitted liability, & it was decided that as they had
>no previous history of violent crimes, they only got a rap on the knuckles
>for it, & their parents had to cover the cost of our veterinary bills
>incurred.
>
>Ringo wasn't the only cat involved, there were several more, one of which
>died instantly, & another that died a few days later. It was terrible, & made
>me go into a rage I never thought possible. Poor old Wizard was the 1st to
>die, then another cat, but I didn't know that family very well, so don't
>remember what their feline friend was called. All in all, it was a wicked
>thing to do, & I found it unforgivable.
>
>He walked into our life about 10 months ago. He knocked on the front door
>(seriously!!), & walked right in to our lives. He is actually my son's master.
>Ross(16), who is also a red head, clicked with him straight away, & has been
>Ringo's slave ever since. They talk, eat , sleep & play together, & are
>inseparable whilst Ross [email protected] home.....
>
>Actually, on the night that we went looking for him, it was Ross who found
>him....
>
>Ringo will now go out, but only if accompanied, or in the HUGE Cat pen in our
>back garden, but then, only if he has feline company with him. Some scars are
>very hard to get over, & this is one of them. He still favours his left fore
>leg, & "seems" fine with his sight too. All in all, we were lucky in this
>instance..
>As you say, "who would want to hurt him"?
>
>Thanx,
>Sheelagh >"o"<

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 07:01 PM
what a character, I want to rub his belly now!!!

Clare x

sheelagh wrote:
>>On 13 Aug, 13:48, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Here are a few photos of Ringo now that we have a camera again. He is doing
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>bless his heart, still as beautiful as ever
>>bookie
>
>He will be delighted when I tell him this Bookie, Lol...
>He is handsome, but the problem is that he knows it too!!?
>
>Ringo still does the dying fly when trying to introduce himself. There is a
>pattern to this routine.
>Roll over, bat eye lashes, then roll back so that you can reach to give him
>Tummy- Tickles..Once this is established, then you may pet him all over for
>as long as possible....
>He is a right little (BIG) character....
>Sheelagh >"o"<

bonbon
August 13th 07, 07:19 PM
>>Sheelagh >"o"<
>>
>>I've just recently started reading the cat groups again, so forgive me
>>for being a little behind, but are you serious????? Someone actually
>>shot that beautiful cat? Some people really make me sick. Glad Ringo
>>is doing fine now. He's a real looker.
>>
>> -bonbon
>

>Yes, he was shot @ near point blank range twice. Once in the front right leg
>( near his armpit), & once in the face too. He lost the sight in his right
>eye, & his right leg was strapped up for weeks!! Not that you would have
>noticed @ the speed that he was able to run with only 3 legs..!! We found out
>that it was a couple of boys with a BB Gun, & Ringo was the target practise.
>It was utterly sickening.....
>
>They did get nobbled by the police, but got away with an official caution,
>which means that they admitted liability, & it was decided that as they had
>no previous history of violent crimes, they only got a rap on the knuckles
>for it, & their parents had to cover the cost of our veterinary bills
>incurred.

I'll tell you what, if I ever witness something like that, I'll take
the gun away from the brats and beat them with it. The boys no doubt
got a good lashing or at least a serious lecture when the parents had
to fork out the $ for the vet bills.

-bonbon

>Ringo wasn't the only cat involved, there were several more, one of which
>died instantly, & another that died a few days later. It was terrible, & made
>me go into a rage I never thought possible. Poor old Wizard was the 1st to
>die, then another cat, but I didn't know that family very well, so don't
>remember what their feline friend was called. All in all, it was a wicked
>thing to do, & I found it unforgivable.
>
>He walked into our life about 10 months ago. He knocked on the front door
>(seriously!!), & walked right in to our lives. He is actually my son's master.
>Ross(16), who is also a red head, clicked with him straight away, & has been
>Ringo's slave ever since. They talk, eat , sleep & play together, & are
>inseparable whilst Ross [email protected] home.....
>
>Actually, on the night that we went looking for him, it was Ross who found
>him....
>
>Ringo will now go out, but only if accompanied, or in the HUGE Cat pen in our
>back garden, but then, only if he has feline company with him. Some scars are
>very hard to get over, & this is one of them. He still favours his left fore
>leg, & "seems" fine with his sight too. All in all, we were lucky in this
>instance..
>As you say, "who would want to hurt him"?
>
>Thanx,
>Sheelagh >"o"<

cindys
August 13th 07, 08:53 PM
"sheelagh via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> bookie wrote:
>>On 13 Aug, 13:48, "sheelagh >\"o\"<" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Here are a few photos of Ringo now that we have a camera again. He is
>>> doing
>>> very well indeed, considering he was shot @ almost point blank range.
>>> His
>>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]
>>>
>>> Message posted via
>>> CatKB.comhttp://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200708/1
>>
>>he is just gorgeous isn't he? how could anyone want to hurt him? all i
>>want to do is scoop him up and cuddle him
>>
>>bless his heart, still as beautiful as ever
>>bookie
>
> He will be delighted when I tell him this Bookie, Lol...
> He is handsome, but the problem is that he knows it too!!?
>
> Ringo still does the dying fly when trying to introduce himself. There is
> pattern to this routine.
> Roll over, bat eye lashes, then roll back so that you can reach to give
> him
> Tummy- Tickles..Once this is established, then you may pet him all over
> for
> as long as possible....
> He is a right little (BIG) character....
> Sheelagh >"o"<
-----
If and when I have a chance to visit England and meet some of the people
I've met on the internet, Ringo (and you) would be at the top of my list!
Everytime you post his picture, I just want to hug him right through the
monitor!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 10:10 PM
if you all want cute pictures check my link out: -

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/saxrocco/?start=0&mediafilter=images

There are some right cuties sure to make you smile :-)

Take care
Clare x

cindys wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
>> He is a right little (BIG) character....
>> Sheelagh >"o"<
>-----
>If and when I have a chance to visit England and meet some of the people
>I've met on the internet, Ringo (and you) would be at the top of my list!
>Everytime you post his picture, I just want to hug him right through the
>monitor!
>Best regards,
>---Cindy S.

saxrocco via CatKB.com
August 13th 07, 10:11 PM
that is more or less what I wanted to say, but thought best not BUT I agree.

Clare x

bonbon wrote:
>>>Sheelagh >"o"<
>>>
>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>>for it, & their parents had to cover the cost of our veterinary bills
>>incurred.
>
>I'll tell you what, if I ever witness something like that, I'll take
>the gun away from the brats and beat them with it. The boys no doubt
>got a good lashing or at least a serious lecture when the parents had
>to fork out the $ for the vet bills.
>
> -bonbon
>
>>Ringo wasn't the only cat involved, there were several more, one of which
>>died instantly, & another that died a few days later. It was terrible, & made
>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>Thanx,
>>Sheelagh >"o"<

bonbon
August 13th 07, 11:44 PM
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:10:30 GMT, "saxrocco via CatKB.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>if you all want cute pictures check my link out: -
>
>http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/saxrocco/?start=0&mediafilter=images
>
>There are some right cuties sure to make you smile :-)
>
>Take care
>Clare x

>>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
>>> He is a right little (BIG) character....
>>> Sheelagh >"o"<
>>-----
>>If and when I have a chance to visit England and meet some of the people
>>I've met on the internet, Ringo (and you) would be at the top of my list!
>>Everytime you post his picture, I just want to hug him right through the
>>monitor!
>>Best regards,
>>---Cindy S.

You're right Cindy S. I loved the pictures. You've certainly got
some beauties there. Thanks for sharing.

-bonbon

bonbon
August 14th 07, 01:04 AM
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:11:10 GMT, "saxrocco via CatKB.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>that is more or less what I wanted to say, but thought best not BUT I agree.
>
>Clare x

I know what you mean Clare. I was just soooo infuriated by what those
hooligans had done, I couldn't stop my fingers from typing that
response.

-bonbon

>>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>>>for it, & their parents had to cover the cost of our veterinary bills
>>>incurred.
>>
>>I'll tell you what, if I ever witness something like that, I'll take
>>the gun away from the brats and beat them with it. The boys no doubt
>>got a good lashing or at least a serious lecture when the parents had
>>to fork out the $ for the vet bills.
>>
>> -bonbon
>>
>>>Ringo wasn't the only cat involved, there were several more, one of which
>>>died instantly, & another that died a few days later. It was terrible, & made
>>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>>Thanx,
>>>Sheelagh >"o"<

bookie
August 14th 07, 01:06 AM
On 13 Aug, 22:11, "saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> that is more or less what I wanted to say, but thought best not BUT I agree.
>
> Clare x

> >[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
> >>for it, & their parents had to cover the cost of our veterinary bills
> >>incurred.
>
> >I'll tell you what, if I ever witness something like that, I'll take
> >the gun away from the brats and beat them with it. The boys no doubt
> >got a good lashing or at least a serious lecture when the parents had
> >to fork out the $ for the vet bills.
>
> > -bonbon
>
> >>Ringo wasn't the only cat involved, there were several more, one of which
> >>died instantly, & another that died a few days later. It was terrible, & made
> >[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
> >>Thanx,
> >>Sheelagh >"o"<

you see everybody?! i am not the only one who wants to inflict some
serious pain on the evil little ****es who shot ringo and wizard! it
is normal to feel anger about such a thing.
believe me, i think there are many out there who agree with me on this
one, that a damn good kicking would have taught these little turds a
real lesson, and that a caution was nowhere near enough of a
'punishment', it is just that the ultra-PC "lets not express our real
inner anger about such an injustice" brigade scare people into not
saying what they really think.

bookie

cindys
August 14th 07, 01:06 AM
"saxrocco via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> if you all want cute pictures check my link out: -
>
> http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/saxrocco/?start=0&mediafilter=images
>
> There are some right cuties sure to make you smile :-)
-------
Completely adorable. Who wouldn't love these cats? Thank you so much for
posting these pictures.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Charlie Wilkes
August 14th 07, 07:30 AM
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:48:37 +0000, sheelagh >\"o\"< wrote:

> Ringo is doing really well & sends Purrs to all of his feline slave's &
> friends. He also knows that he is a handsome chap, & doesn't mind
> reminding you by doing the Roley Polly in front of you, rather like a
> dog would, Lol :o)

Indeed he looks to be the picture of good health and contentment. I'm so
happy that he's doing well, Sheelagh.

Charlie

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 14th 07, 11:30 AM
cindys wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
>> He is a right little (BIG) character....
>> Sheelagh >"o"<
>-----
>If and when I have a chance to visit England and meet some of the people
>I've met on the internet, Ringo (and you) would be at the top of my list!
>Everytime you post his picture, I just want to hug him right through the
>monitor!
>Best regards,
>---Cindy S.

And you would of course be most welcome too.
<Grin>
Sheelagh>"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 14th 07, 12:17 PM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:48:37 +0000, sheelagh >\"o\"< wrote:
>
>> Ringo is doing really well & sends Purrs to all of his feline slave's &
>> friends. He also knows that he is a handsome chap, & doesn't mind
>> reminding you by doing the Roley Polly in front of you, rather like a
>> dog would, Lol :o)
>
>Indeed he looks to be the picture of good health and contentment. I'm so
>happy that he's doing well, Sheelagh.
>
>Charlie

>Indeed he looks to be the picture of good health and contentment. I'm so
>happy that he's doing well, Sheelagh

Thank you very much Charlie.

Ever since you pointed out Ringo's first cousins, we haven't had a moments
trouble. They are so protective, & real kitty pussy's too....!!!!

How is this for coincidence?

A few weeks ago we had a knock on the door. It turned out to be one of the
boys friends, Mark Chandler. He was over here on a visit, so thought he would
look us up, having moved to the USA 6 years ago. His father used to keep
Lions & Tigers here in the village, for use on film productions. After moving
to the states, he became part of the breeding program for Ligers & Tigons, &
he had several photos on him from the start of the breeding program, until a
few months ago. Of course I had a good giggle to myself when I saw the photos,
& thought of you too.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.geocities.com/pride_lands/noel_tigon.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geocities.com/pride_lands/Liger_Tigon.html&h=282&w=468&sz=57&hl=en&start=3&sig2=0UKUXTUorx8z5139zPd8IA&tbnid=i7ebwNoBKKXh0M:&tbnh=77&tbnw=128&ei=R4zBRs_-E4OMxAGyyOyRCA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtigon%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3De n%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Sheelagh>"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 14th 07, 12:39 PM
bookie wrote:
>> that is more or less what I wanted to say, but thought best not BUT I agree.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]

>you see everybody?! i am not the only one who wants to inflict some
>serious pain on the evil little ****es who shot ringo and wizard! it
>is normal to feel anger about such a thing.
>believe me, i think there are many out there who agree with me on this
>one, that a damn good kicking would have taught these little turds a
>real lesson, and that a caution was nowhere near enough of a
>'punishment', it is just that the ultra-PC "lets not express our real
>inner anger about such an injustice" brigade scare people into not
>saying what they really think.
>
>bookie

Ummmm. Errrm

Actually, I think they did receive a little rough justice just before they
moved a few weeks ago. Nothing too heavy, & nothing involving burning tyres
either. Just a little memento & reminder from Ross, to remember him by. I
didn't find out until a few days ago, when he told me. I asked him why he
didn't tell me @ the time, & he told me it was because if I'd known, I would
have stopped him. A reasonable assumption I suppose. Why get a criminal
record for an idiot like that? Either way, it would seem they felt they
deserved it, because there was no follow up over it. He was lucky!
Can you imagine this little fellow handing out anything harder than I small
tap on the wrists?
I believe there was a snooker ball & a sock involved! Good job he didn't tell
me. Most unlike Ross I have to say.............

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.geocities.com/pride_lands/noel_tigon.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geocities.com/pride_lands/Liger_Tigon.html&h=282&w=468&sz=57&hl=en&start=3&sig2=0UKUXTUorx8z5139zPd8IA&tbnid=i7ebwNoBKKXh0M:&tbnh=77&tbnw=128&ei=R4zBRs_-E4OMxAGyyOyRCA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtigon%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3De n%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Sheelagh>"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 14th 07, 12:43 PM
sheelagh wrote:
>>> that is more or less what I wanted to say, but thought best not BUT I agree.
>>>
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>
>>bookie
>
>Ummmm. Errrm
>
>Actually, I think they did receive a little rough justice just before they
>moved a few weeks ago. Nothing too heavy, & nothing involving burning tyres
>either. Just a little memento & reminder from Ross, to remember him by. I
>didn't find out until a few days ago, when he told me. I asked him why he
>didn't tell me @ the time, & he told me it was because if I'd known, I would
>have stopped him. A reasonable assumption I suppose. Why get a criminal
>record for an idiot like that? Either way, it would seem they felt they
>deserved it, because there was no follow up over it. He was lucky!
>Can you imagine this little fellow handing out anything harder than I small
>tap on the wrists?
>I believe there was a snooker ball & a sock involved! Good job he didn't tell
>me. Most unlike Ross I have to say.............
>
>http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.geocities.com/pride_lands/noel_tigon.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geocities.com/pride_lands/Liger_Tigon.html&h=282&w=468&sz=57&hl=en&start=3&sig2=0UKUXTUorx8z5139zPd8IA&tbnid=i7ebwNoBKKXh0M:&tbnh=77&tbnw=128&ei=R4zBRs_-E4OMxAGyyOyRCA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtigon%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3De n%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG
>
>Sheelagh>"o"<

WHOOPS! Sorry everyone,
This should take you to the right one

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RossBiffyDonTTellRingo

Sheelagh>"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<

bookie
August 14th 07, 01:11 PM
On 14 Aug, 12:39, "sheelagh via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> bookie wrote:
> >> that is more or less what I wanted to say, but thought best not BUT I agree.
>
> >[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]

> >you see everybody?! i am not the only one who wants to inflict some
> >serious pain on the evil little ****es who shot ringo and wizard! it
> >is normal to feel anger about such a thing.
> >believe me, i think there are many out there who agree with me on this
> >one, that a damn good kicking would have taught these little turds a
> >real lesson, and that a caution was nowhere near enough of a
> >'punishment', it is just that the ultra-PC "lets not express our real
> >inner anger about such an injustice" brigade scare people into not
> >saying what they really think.
>
> >bookie
>
> Ummmm. Errrm
>
> Actually, I think they did receive a little rough justice just before they
> moved a few weeks ago. Nothing too heavy, & nothing involving burning tyres
> either. Just a little memento & reminder from Ross, to remember him by. I
> didn't find out until a few days ago, when he told me. I asked him why he
> didn't tell me @ the time, & he told me it was because if I'd known, I would
> have stopped him. A reasonable assumption I suppose. Why get a criminal
> record for an idiot like that? Either way, it would seem they felt they
> deserved it, because there was no follow up over it. He was lucky!
> Can you imagine this little fellow handing out anything harder than I small
> tap on the wrists?
> I believe there was a snooker ball & a sock involved! Good job he didn't tell
> me. Most unlike Ross I have to say.............
>
> http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.geocities.com/pri...
>
> Sheelagh>"o"<
>
> --
> Sheelagh >"o"<

can you tell him he is my hero then? good on him!

cindys
August 14th 07, 01:44 PM
"sheelagh via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I believe there was a snooker ball & a sock involved! Good job he didn't
> tell
> me. Most unlike Ross I have to say.............
----------
What's a "snooker ball?"
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

mariib via CatKB.com
August 14th 07, 02:25 PM
sheelagh wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
>>
>>Sheelagh>"o"<
>
>WHOOPS! Sorry everyone,
>This should take you to the right one
>
>http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/RossBiffyDonTTellRingo
>
>Sheelagh>"o"<

Hah! I guess you're referring to a billiard ball wrapped up in a sock?
Those rotten boys certainly deserved whatever Ross dished out & more, but (at
least here),
he could have got himself in a lot of trouble! I know in common law that a
person can use the same amount of
force being used against them to defend themselves, but going on the
offensive vigilante-style ....... hopefully he was very very careful......
M.

bookie
August 15th 07, 12:26 AM
On 14 Aug, 13:44, "cindys" > wrote:
> "sheelagh via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]> I believe there was a snooker ball & a sock involved! Good job he didn't
> > tell
> > me. Most unlike Ross I have to say.............
>
> ----------
> What's a "snooker ball?"
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

same as a billiards ball, do you have that? ball you use in a game of
pool? kind of hard and round bit liek a cricket ball but probably
harder and shiny. Don't you have snooker where you are? where are you?

i wouldn't want to get it with one but then i don't hink i have ever
done anything which would mean i deserved it, like hurting a poor
innocent cat like ringo
bookie

cindys
August 15th 07, 02:33 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 14 Aug, 13:44, "cindys" > wrote:
>> "sheelagh via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> messagenews:[email protected]> I believe there was a snooker ball & a
>> sock involved! Good job he didn't
>> > tell
>> > me. Most unlike Ross I have to say.............
>>
>> ----------
>> What's a "snooker ball?"
>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy S.
>
> same as a billiards ball, do you have that? ball you use in a game of
> pool? kind of hard and round bit liek a cricket ball but probably
> harder and shiny. Don't you have snooker where you are? where are you?
--------
I live in the USA. We generally call the game "pool." The balls are called
"pool balls." The American expression for playing the game is "shooting
pool." I am also familiar with the expressions "playing billiards" and
"billiard ball." But "snooker" was a new one on me. Thanks for the
explanation.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> i wouldn't want to get it with one but then i don't hink i have ever
> done anything which would mean i deserved it, like hurting a poor
> innocent cat like ringo
> bookie

bookie
August 15th 07, 04:44 PM
On 15 Aug, 02:33, "cindys" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...> On 14 Aug, 13:44, "cindys" > wrote:
> >> "sheelagh via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
> >> messagenews:[email protected]> I believe there was a snooker ball & a
> >> sock involved! Good job he didn't
>
> >> ----------
> >> What's a "snooker ball?"
> >> Best regards,
> >> ---Cindy S.
>
> > same as a billiards ball, do you have that? ball you use in a game of
> > pool? kind of hard and round bit liek a cricket ball but probably
> > harder and shiny. Don't you have snooker where you are? where are you?
>
> --------
> I live in the USA. We generally call the game "pool." The balls are called
> "pool balls." The American expression for playing the game is "shooting
> pool." I am also familiar with the expressions "playing billiards" and
> "billiard ball." But "snooker" was a new one on me. Thanks for the
> explanation.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
>

> > i wouldn't want to get it with one but then i don't hink i have ever
> > done anything which would mean i deserved it, like hurting a poor
> > innocent cat like ringo
> > bookie- Hide quoted text -

it is a slightly different game, more complicated and the points you
gain depend onthe colour of ball you pot. look it up on google for
full explanation.

sheelagh via CatKB.com
August 15th 07, 08:10 PM
mariib wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>
>>Sheelagh>"o"<
>
>Hah! I guess you're referring to a billiard ball wrapped up in a sock?
>Those rotten boys certainly deserved whatever Ross dished out & more, but (at
>least here),
>he could have got himself in a lot of trouble! I know in common law that a
>person can use the same amount of
>force being used against them to defend themselves, but going on the
>offensive vigilante-style ....... hopefully he was very very careful......
>M.

They were Marri, believe me.

If I didn't know about it, No one did! I'm glad in a way that he didn't warn
me, because I would have tried to stop them, simply because I didn't think it
was worth a criminal record for doing it. Now that I know all about it, I
can't help feeling rather smug about it, which I know, is wrong of me

Ross took his brother Luke with him just for back up. Ross, is small like me
(only about 5'8"), but Luke is 6'3" & well capable of making sure that both
lads got a good thrashing, which they did. I think for Ross, It was a very
personal vendetta. Ringo is Ross's shadow, so he took it very badly.
It was everything that we could do to stop him going straight round there as
soon as we found out. Had he gone then, I fear that he would have lost
control completely & got himself into a Lot of trouble.
I'm just pleased that it is all over, & that they didn't get away with it
completlely Scott- Free. Sometimes the money doesn't answer the problem.
Nothing can make up for the trauma both Ringo & Ross went through (never mind
the rest of us).....
Yes, self defense would have been the very thing he would have said. It's a
lot easier to loose a pool ball and a sock, than a base ball bat too..!!!!
Sheelagh>"o"<

--
Sheelagh >"o"<