PDA

View Full Version : Itching, Licking and Scratching Furiously.


ChefDoggie
August 14th 07, 11:02 PM
The Atopic Dermatitis is an inflammatory Skin disease in dogs,
constitutional , in where genetically there are alterations in the
immune answer and in where allergic factors and some non-allergic can
act like leading.
It is a disease that appears predominantly in the first month of
dog's life approximately 6 month to 3 years of age and it is
uncommon to develop AD for the first time once they are 7 years of age
or older. It can also be associated to familiar history and other
allergic conditions of your dog.

It is estimated that 10% to 15% of dogs are affected by Atopic
Dermatitis , Therefore, clearly, Atopic Dermatitis is a common disease
in DOGS

The disease can appear in generalized form or located in sides of
friction. The most typical symptoms is Itching or "Itching Condition"
to which the dog reacts with scratching, face rubbing, foot licking
etc. This result in self-trauma and further skin lesions as: Papules,
vesicles bled ding scabs The Itching Condition increases with
exhibitions to high heat, perspiration, psychological trauma or
stress and skin infections

Leading or aggravating factors

Allergic:
1. - Foods: Milk from cow,, Egg white, citric Ingredients , tomato,
seafood, fish, nuts, Artificial Colorants, specially Tartrazine or
yellow # 5
2. - Inhalants: Dusts, or House dust, cosmetics, Acarus, Molds,
Pollens,
Wools etc.
3. From Contact: Perfumes, Drugs, Wool etc

Non-Allergic
Climatic Factors, Low Humidity, Excessive Heat, Extreme Cold end.
Irritating Primary Soaps or Shampoo, Perfumes, Rough fabrics Wools and
Nylon.

Basic Therapy:

Corticoids,
Essential Fatty Acid are now used in skin conditions and will help
about 25% of Allergic Dogs significantly.
Use or smooth acid oats soaps or Shampoos with Acid PH
Antibacterial shampoos or soaps
Emollients or Conditioners
Antihistamine Oral Sedatives

www.ChefDoggie.com
100% Natural-Organic Gourmet Dog Treats

Matthew
August 14th 07, 11:21 PM
"ChefDoggie" >

Hey stupid CAT GROUP


Cheryl
August 15th 07, 02:35 AM
On Tue 14 Aug 2007 06:02:57p, Doggie wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com>:


I see that this is spam but since you had some good info that also
pertains to cats, I have to weigh in on my experience with an
allergic cat. Minus your web site link.

> The Atopic Dermatitis is an inflammatory Skin disease in dogs,
> constitutional , in where genetically there are alterations in
> the immune answer and in where allergic factors and some
> non-allergic can act like leading.

I don't know what you mean here.

> It is a disease that appears predominantly in the first month
> of dog's life approximately 6 month to 3 years of age and it
> is uncommon to develop AD for the first time once they are 7
> years of age or older. It can also be associated to familiar
> history and other allergic conditions of your dog.
>
> It is estimated that 10% to 15% of dogs are affected by Atopic
> Dermatitis , Therefore, clearly, Atopic Dermatitis is a common
> disease in DOGS
>
And cats.

> The disease can appear in generalized form or located in sides
> of friction.

Did you put this through a translator program?

The most typical symptoms is Itching or "Itching
> Condition" to which the dog reacts with scratching, face
> rubbing, foot licking etc. This result in self-trauma and
> further skin lesions as: Papules, vesicles bled ding scabs The
> Itching Condition increases with exhibitions to high heat,
> perspiration, psychological trauma or stress and skin
> infections
>
I don't think dogs or cats sweat. The rest is right.

> Leading or aggravating factors
>
> Allergic:
> 1. - Foods: Milk from cow,, Egg white, citric Ingredients ,
> tomato, seafood, fish, nuts, Artificial Colorants, specially
> Tartrazine or yellow # 5

Never knew that about Tartrazine or yellow # 5. Thanks. You need to
add wheat products to that list, and in some cases, corn.

> 2. - Inhalants: Dusts, or House dust, cosmetics, Acarus, Molds,
> Pollens,
> Wools etc.
> 3. From Contact: Perfumes, Drugs, Wool etc
>
> Non-Allergic
> Climatic Factors, Low Humidity, Excessive Heat, Extreme Cold
> end. Irritating Primary Soaps or Shampoo, Perfumes, Rough
> fabrics Wools and Nylon.
>
Lets not forget cleaning agents, animal dander, scented candles,
human dander.

> Basic Therapy:
>
> Corticoids,

Long term, it's possible that steroids won't work anymore. Reached
that point with mine with steroids as the only treatment.

> Essential Fatty Acid are now used in skin conditions and will
> help about 25% of Allergic Dogs significantly.

Didn't help my cat at all. Tried for at least 1/2 year with daily
doses.

> Use or smooth acid oats soaps or Shampoos with Acid PH

This was tried and seemed to be soothing, but my cat didn't mind
baths. YMMV.

> Antibacterial shampoos or soaps

Didn't try. Did try shampoo with hydrocortisone with some good
luck, but only very short term.

> Emollients or Conditioners

Never tried.

> Antihistamine Oral Sedatives

Tried with combination of antihistamines/EFA. No results.

--
Cheryl